“Mom, it’s the plague and on my Birthday!” 11/21-11/27/17 trip. Complete 2/26. New TR link!

I feel you! This is what it's like in Canada! Not so bad in Halifax where we are now—winter usually stars here in January. But where I'm originally from in New Brunswick, we have the same timeline for gambly weather!

This is so cute! I can tell you were excited!

Neat! I'm sure it wouldn't be worth the price all the time or anything, but this is a really cool thing that was special for Andi's 18th!

So many questions! The suspense is killing me!

We actually have decent weather so far, we only have a trace of snow, yippee!
We were glad to get on the ME bus, we did have to wait awhile
The balloons were really nice and the platter was really nice. The cake was actually really tasty.
Stay tuned for the suspenseful rest of the day, lol!

Glad you made it to Orlando with no issues! You both look so happy in your pic on the bus- who wouldn't be when they are on their way to Disney!

What a nice birthday surprise for Andi! I'm sure it was pricey but worth it for the occasion :)

Ahh thank you, it is always a relief to get off the plane and get on the bus, a whole trip in front of you is the best.
I am glad I ordered it, she did love it!

::yes::

Upstate New York here... I feel your pain to some degree :laughing:

Have you seen the commercial where the upstairs neighbors are doing crazy things like dragging chains around and being purposefully obnoxious? It's such a hilarious commercial and - as someone who lives in an apartment with upstairs neighbors - I think of that commercial all the time :rotfl:

Sounds like an uneventful arrival which is always good. And I wholeheartedly approve of your breakfast choice! I tried deep dish for the first time in Chicago over the summer and I was quite surprised, but liked it. I still prefer my New York style pizza though ;)

You all get hit with a lot of snow as well!
I have PTSD from the LM room at AoA, lol!
Travel was nice and easy this day, which I am always thankful for! The pizza was pretty good for airport pizza.

I found you!

Mmm, I'd eat this for breakfast :cloud9:

I'm glad your 1st floor room worked out, I think AoA LM was the only time we've been on a first floor the few times we haven't stayed deluxe. I don't particularly remember hearing noise above us but I prefer being on higher floors in general.

Can't wait to read more!

Yay, glad your here, welcome! I enjoyed the Chicago deep dish airport pizza. I am with you, I always request top floor.

New York style > Chicago style :rolleyes1

This is so cute! I debated doing something like this for my dad but the cost is high, and I doubt he would have appreciated it as much as Andi probably did!

Looking forward to more updates!

I was surprised how good the pizza tasted at 0830, lol!
I am enjoying your report, you all were at FQ for the first part of your trip, yay!

Sounds like a great breakfast to me!!! I've only had true Chicago deep dish once and it was a thing of beauty.

Good to hear the room worked out for you. We always ask for a top floor too. We had a bad experience at Pop one time with the noise and I learned my lesson.

What a great birthday surprise!

Uh oh, this does not sound good.

It was a nice surprise for Andi except she did tell me later, she wondered if I was going to order something like that, those kids, hate when they are smarter than me!
Stay tuned for the not so fun end of our day!

Happy belated Birthday to your daughter! Girls only trips are fun :) Loved the birthday balloon surprise!

I'm always hesitant to stay on ground floor especially in Florida mostly due to critters. Never wonder what's going to scoot in the door :scared:

Welcome and Thank you from Andi, we love our girl trips!
Yikes I never even thought about critters other than the human kind!

Time to continue on with Day 1, Part 2, Um where is our suitcase??????

Hello Everyone,

When I left off, Andi and I were in a hurry to get to MK. Our first FP+ window was getting very narrow! A bus came quickly and we were on our way! This was our first time experiencing security for the buses since we were at the Poly in August. I liked it way better than the park entrance area. We got through security quickly and headed straight back to BTMRR, we of course said hello to Mainstreet and the castle.

We made it right at the end of our FP at 3:55. I am not going to lie, MK was busy, not Easter time busy but way more than our late August trip. We ”mosied” on over to The Country Bears area and joined in the dance party with the bears, Clara Belle, and Briar Rabbit. I tried to get a decent picture but I couldn’t, darn all those little kids getting in my way:rotfl:

We went in the pin trading store and I asked the CM for a Birthday button for Andi and she didn’t smile or talk, she just went into the basket, got out the button, and put it on the counter and then left.:confused3 This was not a good first CM encounter, we politely picked up the pin and went to the other counter and asked if we could use the sharpie to write Andi on the pin. This CM was much nicer and gave us tape to cover the writing so it doesn’t wear off.

It was now time for my favorite ride Peter Pan, I love this old fashioned dark ride! We enjoyed seeing Nana and flying over London! We were trying to decide what to do for dinner this evening and DS came up so our plan was to stay in MK until we finished our FP then try D-luxe burger later this evening. We were hungry now so we decided to get popcorn, pretzel, Coke, and 2 chocolate covered strawberries. I decided on the souvenir popcorn bucket, spoiler alert** I don’t leave it on a monorail this time, yay!
26272474-B88B-4894-8430-099F1AA90E41.jpeg 49C33FF7-4E05-4F56-81B6-FF6841EB5172.jpeg

After a nice snack, we went on PM, CoP, and Philharmagic, three of my favorites, which you can usually ride even when the park is busy. It was about 6:30 and the dilemma we had was should we hang out until 7:45 for our 7DMT? We decided to cancel it and head out to DS. I know, I know, how could we right! @ariane37’s husband would have been appalled :rotfl2: he loves this ride per her great reports. We did cancel it though so hopefully we made 2 people’s evening! I hope someone was able to snatch it up:blush:. Andi and I have been fortunate and have rode this many times so we were okay with this. We had another FP for it the next night.
5BDFCB42-0F4E-42EE-BBE1-906D1B6516F4.jpeg BB021172-9295-429F-8EF7-7F2B90808B84.jpeg

MK has a bus to DS after 4pm so this worked great, we got to DS and it really was not very crowded so this was a plus. We did the mobile ordering for D-luxe, this was nice and easy, they give you a number when you arrive and you find a seat, then they bring the food out to you. The only bummer is you lose the ability to use your AP discount so it is a choice you have to make. It was busy but I think we would have been fine ordering the regular way and getting the discount. We decided to get the Premium Duo, this included 1 classic burger and the choice of a specialty one. Andi wanted the Diablo burger so I got the classic. This also comes with 2 drinks and a regular fry. Andi’s burger was really good, mine was just okay. Mine was dry and lacking some good burger flavor. They must go all out with the specialty one but not so much for the old classic. The fries were okay but nothing special. We tried a few different dipping sauces for the fries as well.
9157C982-7A83-4A0B-817C-08DFE7B1C428.jpeg 11C23CBA-8FCA-436D-99F8-BF4808CA08CD.jpeg

So my recommendation is get one of their specialty burgers if you check out D-luxe.
After dinner, we went to one of our favorite stores Uniqlo and of course we found a couple cute Disney t-shirts. Mine had Pooh and friends on it. I really love it except when I wear it so many people said “oh no don’t be alarmed but you have Pooh on your shirt” ha, ha! I will show you all the picture with it on, I wore it on Day 2.

We walked to Marketplace area and I told Andi, we have to get the boat in a different spot now for FQ, I read it somewhere, oh,oh I was wrong, we walked all the way back to House of Blues area to find out the resort boats for FQ and Riverside are still in the same place. So, don’t make this mistake like we did. On our way back to Marketplace area, I read about the Tree Trail so we did this. It is by the Rainforest cafe, where the old bus pickup was.

I really enjoyed the Tree Trail, I know some on here said it was lame and Disney quickly put it together but this year it was good. I loved the Beauty and Beast Tree. It was fake snowing along the Trail. We were ready to return to FQ and have a piece of Andi’s cake.
31F42D10-A15B-4BF0-96E6-AEF0F59D8F70.jpeg 913440C8-BD99-4F80-95AB-68449617FCE2.jpeg E4FBE8CA-295C-4B59-B7FF-9D2760CD77A0.jpeg C4037C86-D60C-45D6-89D7-5980280B7E0B.jpeg

We got back around 10:00pm and I noticed our monstrous blue suitcase was not in the room. It was now 8.5 hours since we left the airport, yikes! I called the luggage service and they did not have any idea where our suitcase was! I called United airlines because I had the luggage receipt. The person at United was able to track it and told me it has been at the Orlando airport since 1:50 this afternoon ugh! I called Manuel back and he said they would find it but we wouldn’t get it until 1:30am so 12hours after we landed. He told me to call management at FQ! I did talk with the manager and she offered to buy us pajamas and bring us toothbrushes. I did tell her We didn’t really need pajamas but Andi did need a toothbrush. She did then offer a $100.00 credit to our account for the inconvenience. I was happy to get that but man what a pain. The suitcase is huge, blue, with a yellow ME tag and it gets left behind:crazy2:.

It did arrive at 1:30 am, Andi stayed awake for it, I fell asleep. On the positive side the cake was good! Lol.

Day 1 was now in the books!

Stay tuned for Day 2, a change in plans because of the late night waiting on big blue!

Lol about cancelling your 7DMT FP, yup if we were checking the app and saw someone dropped those we'd probably have to book it over to MK from wherever we were to use them :laughing:
I have an irrational fear of luggage going missing. So far we've only temporarily lost it twice but coming home, which isn't as bad since we're now away and missing stuff. The $100 credit was nice but still such a pain in the butt.

I've heard good things about D-Luxe but haven't yet been tempted to try it. Andi's burger looks really good though! Other than the luggage mishap it seems you guys enjoyed your first day :)

Fun afternoon in MK! Mmm those chocolate covered strawberries look good!

The tree trails at DS look cute!

Oh no, I'm sorry about the suitcase drama! I'm glad they gave you a credit for the inconvenience. Andi sure took one for the team and stayed up to wait for it!

This was our first time experiencing security for the buses since we were at the Poly in August. I liked it way better than the park entrance area.

I liked the new security procedures better, too! Though it's a pain when you're going to Epcot by monorail and have to do security twice.

darn all those little kids getting in my way:rotfl:

Kids?? At Disney!? They're the worst! haha

I decided on the souvenir popcorn bucket, spoiler alert** I don’t leave it on a monorail this time, yay!
26272474-b88b-4894-8430-099f1aa90e41-jpeg.288072

Ooh, I like the Christmas bucket design!

It was about 6:30 and the dilemma we had was should we hang out until 7:45 for our 7DMT? We decided to cancel it and head out to DS. I know, I know, how could we right! @ariane37’s husband would have been appalled :rotfl2: he loves this ride per her great reports.

Steve would have a field day! :rotfl2:

It did arrive at 1:30 am, Andi stayed awake for it, I fell asleep. On the positive side the cake was good! Lol.

Oh man, how frustrating is this!? I'm glad it showed up eventually, but what a pain! At least you had cake to soften the blow :goodvibes

Ugh, I'm sorry you had the issue with your suitcase! That's one of my big fears - something happening to the suitcases. Last year at Boardwalk mine was delivered later than everyone else's and the whole front of it was shredded and the airline or Disney or someone had wrapped it up in packing tape.

I totally would have had pizza for breakfast, too!

You had a full and busy day, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I really like the holiday popcorn bucket!

Looking forward to more, it's all been great so far!!

Suitcase aside, looks like you all had a good first day. Thanks for sharing the Christmas tree pictures. I'd don't think I'd ever seen anything from there before.

I love the trips almost as much as her. I love getting into the Disney bubble and not thinking about anything else! I also love the Dis boards and trip planning. The planning is almost as fun as the trip itself.
I know right?

Our room was in building 3, room 3136
Wow are room was 3132 what a hoot.

Andi opened the door and saw her Birthday surprise from me.
Awesome surprise I would have loved it.

We went in the pin trading store and I asked the CM for a Birthday button for Andi and she didn’t smile or talk, she just went into the basket, got out the button, and put it on the counter and then left
We also had several bummer CM encounters on our trip.

We didn’t really need pajamas but Andi did need a toothbrush. She did then offer a $100.00 credit to our account for the inconvenience.
$100 credit that's really good.

We were disappointed in the Christmas tree trail, so much so that we went back after dark thinking it would be better. It was so crowded it was hard to get close to the trees for pictures oh well I enjoyed your pics.

Lol about cancelling your 7DMT FP, yup if we were checking the app and saw someone dropped those we'd probably have to book it over to MK from wherever we were to use them :laughing:
I have an irrational fear of luggage going missing. So far we've only temporarily lost it twice but coming home, which isn't as bad since we're now away and missing stuff. The $100 credit was nice but still such a pain in the butt.

I've heard good things about D-Luxe but haven't yet been tempted to try it. Andi's burger looks really good though! Other than the luggage mishap it seems you guys enjoyed your first day :)
The day was fun, we were ready to eat so food won over the seven dwarves. DS was fun decorated for Christmas. I wish my burger was better but Andi's was really good.

Following along, and hoping your plaque isn't the same kind we experienced on our trip last year!!!
:welcome: Thanks for joining in.

Oh no, I'm sorry about the suitcase drama! I'm glad they gave you a credit for the inconvenience. Andi sure took one for the team and stayed up to wait for it!
The strawberries were very good. I really enjoyed the tree trail. I was so glad the suitcase was in Orlando and not in Chicago!

I liked the new security procedures better, too! Though it's a pain when you're going to Epcot by monorail and have to do security twice.

Oh man, how frustrating is this!? I'm glad it showed up eventually, but what a pain! At least you had cake to soften the blow :goodvibes
It was a fun day even with the suitcase drama. The popcorn bucket was cute and we used it quite often. The Pluto design is really cute as well, I saw quite a few people with that one.

stupid suitcase
For sure!

Ugh, I'm sorry you had the issue with your suitcase! That's one of my big fears - something happening to the suitcases. Last year at Boardwalk mine was delivered later than everyone else's and the whole front of it was shredded and the airline or Disney or someone had wrapped it up in packing tape.

You had a full and busy day, but it sounds like a lot of fun. I really like the holiday popcorn bucket!

My big fear as well ugh! I was so surprised how blah the staff was at FQ about the whole thing. The credit was nice at least.
Our first day was fun and the weather held out, no rain after the airport so that was great.

Suitcase aside, looks like you all had a good first day. Thanks for sharing the Christmas tree pictures. I'd don't think I'd ever seen anything from there before.
The Christmas Tree trail was fun, we enjoyed the theme of each tree.

I know right?

We were disappointed in the Christmas tree trail, so much so that we went back after dark thinking it would be better. It was so crowded it was hard to get close to the trees for pictures oh well I enjoyed your pics.
Wow you all were very close to our room, loved the FQ, did you?
The credit was nice after the suitcase headache.
Im sorry the tree trail was so disappointing for you, we enjoyed it for what it was. It was not crowded at all when we were there so that helped. The fake snow and all the decorations put me in the Holiday spirit.

The luggage fear is real my friend lol! It stinks but so happy the suitcase was in Orlando. Hunger and tiredness outweighed the mine train for us. I would give D-luxe another try.

The chocolate covered strawberries are very good but pricey for what you get!
I enjoyed the tree trail!
The resort credit was nice for the suitcase headache

I hear you about the double security with the monorail to Epcot
The Christmas popcorn bucket was nice and we got our money’s worth.
I was surprised how nonchalant FQ was about the suitcase situation. I basically had to figure it out myself, ugh!

I am fearful to use ME luggage delivery now, one other time it took a really long time to get our suitcases but they at least knew where they were.

Pizza for breakfast on vacation is A ok in my book.

Thanks for reading along

We had a nice first day and the evening at DS was really nice. I enjoyed the tree trail.

I know right?

You all were really close to our room at FQ, did you all like it?
The Disney gift was really nice
Each trip, unfortunately, I see more grumpy CM’s.
I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the tree trail at DS. The night we were there it was quiet and the trees with the fake snow put me in a Christmas mood.
I loved the DS boat transportation back and forth from FQ, so calming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter