“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to add another opinion on this.

I've never done a dessert party before, but I just booked this and here's why it's worth the cost for me.

It will just be me and my husband so not too expensive. I've never had a "good" viewing of Illuminations before, so I'm looking forward to that and it's my husband's first time to WDW, so I'd like that for him as well. One of the dates available was for our one and only Illuminations day. That and trying to get a decent FP for Frozen were my two big issues for our Epcot days. Plus we have an early dinner ADR, so we would have had to have stopped for food and drink anyway that evening. This party combined with my pre-RD breakfast ADR, now I don't have to stress at all about our Epcot days and getting everything done while still having it feel relaxed.

Now if only they'd get their crap together for AK in the fall I'd be set! :)

The number of guests able to attend this party has been reduced significantly, that's an indication that they need room for tables and chairs, however I haven't seen the setup plans yet.

Out of curiosity, how many slots are allotted to this party versus the previous?

Yes it's next to the "free" FP area but unless you're visiting EPCOT multiple days it's nice to not have to "waste" your tier 1 FP on either Frozen OR the Illuminations seating and still get to enjoy those....

just an FYI that I have had some luck getting Illuminations FP as a "bonus" FP after using up my first 3. Might not work all the time but something to consider

This is a secret between you and me, but on just about every night they'll let you in by 7:45, so you have an hour and 15 minutes.
It's not potential, it's clearly stated.
From the Disney website "Satisfy your sweet tooth with Frozen-inspired treats during a seated viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot."
Be among the first 50 or so guests to enter and you won't have to worry about it.
Seriously...with the seating confirmed, this has me over the moon excited!!!!! :)

Booked this for 9/15, but it gave me a time of 8pm on a night the park closes at 10pm. Travel agent calendar showed illuminations at 10pm. I thought we'd just have an hour to enjoy. Is the 8pm wrong or will illuminations be at 9?

Out of curiosity, how many slots are allotted to this party versus the previous?
I have an unofficial number so until it's verified, I'd rather not say. For those that have done the current party when it was sold out, the difference in number of guests will be quite noticeable.
Trying this in Aug because...
1) Seating
2) Frozen ride
3) Seating
4) It's something NEW
5) SEATING!
I'm picking up on a reason why you're trying it.

The most often heard complaint at both the SW and Illuminations dessert parties is lack of seating. I've always felt since it was known that seating was going to be available for the new party was that it was going to be a big deal for many people.

Last edited:
I was super duper hoping it would be available through Dec but I'm on watch!

Last edited:
Trying this in Aug because...
1) Seating
2) Frozen ride
3) Seating
4) It's something NEW
5) SEATING!

:D

I see a theme in your post and I don't disagree, but if I'm being honest, I think we all have to admit that Disney has really lowered the bar on these events so much so, that the fact that SEATING being offered is now a pretty significant "pro" to booking a premium event at this price point. AND, just generalizing here, but we actually think we are getting something special because we'll have a chair to sit in. Anybody seeing that as well?

I see a theme in your post and I don't disagree, but if I'm being honest, I think we all have to admit that Disney has really lowered the bar on these events so much so, that the fact that SEATING being offered is now a pretty significant "pro" to booking a premium event at this price point. AND, just generalizing here, but we actually think we are getting something special because we'll have a chair to sit in. Anybody seeing that as well?
Yep. and I was posting this at the same time as you. This particular seating really carries even less of an appeal as it's the one show where there are seating choices to be had.

LOL... Illuminations is the one place where seating is less of a big deal. Because there are places where you can dine, seated, and watch.
Just 2 weeks ago, on the night of the Dis party at Epcot, DH, DGD and I walked up to Rose and Crown (no ADR) at 8:00 and got seated right on the rail with a dead on center view of Illuminations. We couldn't have gotten a better seat if we'd planned it out months in advance. I realize it was a fluke and all that but that particular night, there were more empty tables than there were used tables. I think it may not be as hard to see Illuminations seated as folks think it is.

Correct

Below are the dates released so far. I expect more will be added to those shown.

July: 17, 19, 21, 23, 24, 28, 30
August: 3, 6, 10, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 24, 25, 27, 31
September: 1, 8, 9, 10, 15, 17, 18, 22, 23, 24, 29
October: 2, 4, 16, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 30

I'm hoping they add it for sept 20 (a Wednesday) or sept 25 (a Monday)

I don't agree.
  • We do the dessert parties for the reserved viewing -- period. Desserts and drinks... ok, great, but that's not really the draw for us.
  • On your feet all day long, seating at the end of the day IS a big deal, and I think people ARE willing to pay for it. So why not charge? I'm a free market person.
I've avoided the Illuminations dessert party SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE it had no seating. Not fun for me. I did a dessert party there held by DFB once that HAD seating, and that was fun.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this, and expect that this will be very popular.

Seems like it's not being offered the week we are there in October, Columbus day week. :-(

I think on busier holiday weeks we tend to see some special events not happening to allow for crowds.

The most often heard complaint at both the SW and Illuminations dessert parties is lack of seating. I've always felt since it was know that seating was going to be available for the new party was that it was going to be a big deal for many people.

#1 reason to not do it was having to stand, particularly at the end of the day, particularly since I would have to be in line way early to insure I got a good table without a blocked view.

Have not done the SW one either for same reason.

I don't agree.
  • We do the dessert parties for the reserved viewing -- period. Desserts and drinks... ok, great, but that's not really the draw for us.
  • On your feet all day long, seating at the end of the day IS a big deal, and I think people ARE willing to pay for it. So why not charge? I'm a free market person.
I've avoided the Illuminations dessert party SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE it had no seating. Not fun for me. I did a dessert party there held by DFB once that HAD seating, and that was fun.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this, and expect that this will be very popular.

I'm not sure what you don't agree with...your post is exactly the point I was trying to make but maybe I wasn't clear. There should have been seats all along for these type of events at the pricing that they command. Now seats are added and you're happy and expect that others will be as well. I agree that it will be popular as well. As for doing a dessert party, particularly this one, for only the reserved viewing aspect, "period" as you state, that I can't agree with. There are so many wonderful spots to view Illuminations that require no wait to get them. If that was my sole reason for doing this party, then I would see no reason to book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter