“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am chomping at the bit for this to open up for January dates. We've decided why choose and are doing ALL THREE dessert parties if we can get reservations. I booked the one for HEA this morning. Waiting on SW and this one. Yes, we just might be off our rockers.

After a week of rain-outs, the first party to take place lagoon side did so tonight. It went flawlessly, but I knew it would. There were lots of guest compliments.
But I think it can be better. It has some, but it needs a little more Frozen theming. Maybe the Frozen musical soundtrack playing in the background.

On the negative side, the Illuminations globe is still not opening during the finale. Fix it....now!
Very cool! Here's hoping for an outdoor party on Aug 10!!

Do we have any sense of when Nov dates will open?? I have a feeling they'll open WHILE we're in WDW (Aug 7-17) and I'll totally miss it!

Am chomping at the bit for this to open up for January dates. We've decided why choose and are doing ALL THREE dessert parties if we can get reservations. I booked the one for HEA this morning. Waiting on SW and this one. Yes, we just might be off our rockers.

I'm still going back and forth on the Star Wars one. We have HEA booked for our first full day and this one for our last night. I'm trying to decide if I want to commit the time/money to one more. :) Plus, I am kind of afraid of Storm Troopers, and they seem a little too present at the dessert party for me, though I know that I could try to be an actual adult and get over it.

I wonder if that'll be a first?
I don't.

It's been asked if guests are able to ride FEA more than once. The answer is no, the doors are closed after the last person in the Que enters the building.
The doors were closed when we came out of our ride, which is why I didn't ask to ride again. I figured once the last person was in, they close the attraction.

The doors were closed when we came out of our ride, which is why I didn't ask to ride again. I figured once the last person was in, they close the attraction.
That's true, I confirmed last night that they do close the doors after the last person enters, but what I was thinking was that for some people it might be possible to get a second ride.

If you were one of the first to enter, is it possible that you'd exit the ride before the last person standing outside enters the building? The doors would still have to be open, so could you get back in line? I still don't know the answer.

I was at the exit doors and had I thought of it I could have found out by checking the entrance doors as soon as I let out the first person to ride.

That's true, I confirmed last night that they do close the doors after the last person enters, but what I was thinking was that for some people it might be possible to get a second ride.

If you were one of the first to enter, is it possible that you'd exit the ride before the last person standing outside enters the building? The doors would still have to be open, so could you get back in line? I still don't know the answer.

I was at the exit doors and had I thought of it I could have found out by checking the entrance doors as soon as I let out the first person to ride.
We were among the first to ride (on the second boat of the group) and since there are so few people in the group to begin with and they load pretty quickly, I don't think it is possible to make it back to the front before the last person crosses the threshold.

I wonder if that'll be a first?

I bet someone else has been there, done that. Probably others who love fireworks and a festive atmosphere but could do without the crowds. :earboy2: We need a fireworks emoji, by the way.

P.S. Also, the parties are celebrations. One party is for my birthday. The other is for our anniversary. The third is for DD's birthday.

I bet someone else has been there, done that.
I'm not so sure about that. Yes, someone has probably done all three, but during one trip, not as easy. It's a lot of eating and a whole lot of money if it's your average family.

If you do end up being able to do all three, try to schedule either FEA or the SW dessert parties last. I sense that some pixie dust will be in those areas.

I bet someone else has been there, done that. Probably others who love fireworks and a festive atmosphere but could do without the crowds.
:blush: Pretty embarrassing. We have 4 booked. Two are for SWaGS because we didn't know which night we wanted so we'll be giving up one of those=3 parties I don't have a good excuse for.

I'm not so sure about that. Yes, someone has probably done all three, but during one trip, not as easy. It's a lot of eating and a whole lot of money if it's your average family.

If you do end up being able to do all three, try to schedule either FEA or the SW dessert parties last. I sense that some pixie dust will be in those areas.

It would be pretty fun if they had some statistics on that sort of thing! I would love to know if we are the first to try. : ) I know we are probably crazy to attempt this, but if we can get the other two parties booked, we will give up Cinderella's Royal Table and a BOG dinner plus we are not going to celebrate our bdays and anniversary on our actual days when we would usually do something fun plus a nice dinner out, etc. They fall a few weeks before our trip but we have all agreed to delay gratification in order to have more fun at WDW. All of this helps with budgeting, thank goodness! And the memories we will make will last a whole lot longer than our usual local celebrations.

Do you know if the Frozen party will be offered on EMH nights in January? If so, it will be our last party. If not, I think the SW one would be. I'm looking at arrival night (Saturday) or a Tuesday for the Frozen party and Monday for the SW party. Or we could flip Monday and Saturday. Which party do you think would make for a grander finale to this trio of fun? Pixie dust is always magical!pixiedust: The best thing of all would be meeting you in person!!

I found this review of the Frozen dessert party - opening night, I believe it said:
That's the review that goes along with the video review on post #211. It was the first bookable party, but there was an earlier outdoor version for VIPs.

I hope someone who experiences the party wholly outdoors will write a review, too.
Last night was in effect the first party held outdoors, so the earliest review would have to come from someone who attended last night.

Obviously, the food and beverage review would be the same. The major difference is the setting. The Norway Loft venue is nice, not great. It's the permanent rain backup location and it does have AC.

One important note. The review mentioned that a negative was the short-ish length of the party. The dessert portion of the outdoor version is quite a bit longer because guests do not have to be brought over to the viewing area, they're already there, so the time taken up by the move and the fact that you can still enjoy desserts during the show adds over 30 minutes to the party time.

One important note. The review mentioned that a negative was the short-ish length of the party. The dessert portion of the outdoor version is quite a bit longer because guests do not have to be brought over to the viewing area, they're already there, so the time taken up the move and the fact that you can still enjoy desserts during the show adds over 30 minutes to the party time.

That's a pretty great benefit to being outside the whole time. Hopefully the weather behaves so more people can experience the party like that.

Do you know if the Frozen party will be offered on EMH nights in January?
No clue what the frequency will be then.
Which party do you think would make for a grander finale to this trio of fun?
It depends on what your group favors. If they're into SW, it's the SW party. If they're not, then the FEA party. And it has chairs. That element is really being well received.
The best thing of all would be meeting you in person!!
Now see, I thought you were crazy before, now I know you are.

I'm still going back and forth on the Star Wars one. We have HEA booked for our first full day and this one for our last night. I'm trying to decide if I want to commit the time/money to one more. :) Plus, I am kind of afraid of Storm Troopers, and they seem a little too present at the dessert party for me, though I know that I could try to be an actual adult and get over it.

We did the SW party last January and I don't remember the Storm Troopers being too in your face to the adults. They were doing a wonderful job interacting with the younger guests and those interactions seemed to be welcomed. We thought that dessert party was really well done. We found a table in the Jawa area so we got to watch those fun interactions while we munched and sipped. The staff was great - some of the nicest CMs we've encountered and that's saying something because we usually have excellent CM interaction on our trips. The food was delicious and I might have enjoyed a little too much galactic punch that night. The viewing area can't be beat, either.

No clue what the frequency will be then.
It depends on what your group favors. If they're into SW, it's the SW party. If they're not, then the FEA party. And it has chairs. That element is really being well received.
Now see, I thought you were crazy before, now I know you are.

Good points on what to consider when choosing the final party. I will give that some thought.

As for the last bit . . .:laughing::hug::laughing:

If they're not, then the FEA party. And it has chairs. That element is really being well received.
Not just chairs, reserved seating, right? When they took that element away from the MK party we stopped doing it. Though perhaps here it's less important if all views are similar outside??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter