°o° Let's talk costumes (MNSSHP!!!!) °o°

05ChristmasSurprise

DIS Veteran
Trying to glean some good ideas here - and also curious to hear your favorites. What have you seen? Do you dress up as a family?

Do tell!!! :)

What have I seen?

Families as members of the same movie group (i.e. Peter Pan, Hook, Wendy, Tinkerbelle)

I have also seen non-Disney costumes so don't feel limited to Disney (although it is more fun!!)

Adults with just those T-hisrts you buy that say things 'Like this is my costume", "happy halloween" etc

My DGS wants us to dress as a family this year--but let me tell ya--there's not enough "elasta" in Grandma to be " :rotfl2: Elastagirl"

We went the 29th of october 04. We didn't dress up. I saw a lot of couples dressed up as...well...Disney couples :) Lots of younger kids were dressed up as Stitch. My favorite was a kid around 10 who was dressed up as a slice of pizza :teeth:

Dressing up is so much fun. My family went in 2001 as characters from Peter Pan. My mother in law made our costumes & they were great. We were Captain Hook, Mr Smee,
Tiger Lily & Michael Darling. This yar we will be The Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum & of course Alice. Its a lot of fun when the charecters in the park & cast members come up to you to check out your costumes. Be creative! This is really so much fun. Just make sure sure that your costumes are not too big or bulky because that makes getting on & off the rides hard. Have fun. We are going on Oct 11th, I can't wait. We are down to 95 days!!!!!!!

When we went in 2000 I dressed my boys as Snap & Crackle from the Rice Krispy cereal. I tried to get dh to dress up as POP but no go :rotfl:

When DD was 3 and DS was 1 we dressed them up as Tinker Bell and Peter Pan. They looked really cute (if I do say so myself) and they got lots of attention when we went on the Peter Pan ride!

I wanna be the "bride" from the haunted mansion. No way my wedding dress from 8 1/2 yrs ago still fits. :guilty: :rotfl: So what's a girl to do? Time to check out the thrift stores I think. Hubby will most likely be Indiana Jones and the girls will probably be princess-types! Not sure if Granny and Grandpa plan to dress up :rotfl2:

princess aurora said:
I wanna be the "bride" from the haunted mansion. No way my wedding dress from 8 1/2 yrs ago still fits. :guilty: :rotfl: So what's a girl to do? Time to check out the thrift stores I think. Hubby will most likely be Indiana Jones and the girls will probably be princess-types! Not sure if Granny and Grandpa plan to dress up :rotfl2:
I had the same idea but was told it would be to HOT to wear my wedding dress.
I am bringing along my 80 yo DGM who is dressing up as a witch, 5yo DD will be tinker belle or Peter Pan. She LOVES peter but was him last year trying to get her to be something else!, DH doesn't know what he'll be. I'm trying to think up something for the both of us! Can't wait to see you all there. We'll be there the 6th.

dd 7 is being Jasmine and ds 5 is going as the bellhop from the tower of terror

Any good ideas for me (female-32) DD10 and my mom (57)? Any Disney movie characters fit? DD is sort of a tom-boy so I don't think she'd go for a frilly princess outfit!

DD7 is going as Captain Jack Sparrow (minus the beard...she wont do the beard! :sad2: ) Maybe you could all go as those guys on the Capital One commercials. That'd be fun! :)

My family of 5 has done the Disney theme and the not-so-Disney theme and we've always had fun. But I would agree it's more fun to do Disney - being Cruela last year was a blast. Anyway, this year my 11 year olds decide they do not want the attention associated with being dressed up and I've had a horrible time of thinking of costumes they would wear. I came upon a website that had several ideas for groups that I thought I'd share (sorry I can't think of the wesite, I'll try to find it again).The ideas included: a rainbow - where everyone is a particular color from head to toe; a royal flush - you dress like a card from the Ace dow to the 10; the gang from Scooby Doo; 3 blind mice - could be cute with Mickey ears, sunglasses, and a cane; Willy Wonka characters; Snow White and the dwarfs; cast of Survivor (almost did that one); Beverly Hillbillies; the Publishers Clearing House Prize Patrol - one person in a suit, one person with balloons, one with a big check, one with flowers; Gilligan's Island cast; and the one we choose to do - Trading Spaces. My DH & I will be one team in red smocks, my oldest DS & DD will be another team in purple smocks and my youngest DS will be Ty. The best part is that I got the Smocks (regularly $39.99) for $2.99 each! LOVE that part. It was a good compromise - they won't be so conspicuously costumed, and we'll be very comfy in our "work" clothes. Good luck coming up with something! :cool1:

P.S. 05ChristmasSurprise - Love the pics in your signature - very cool!
And it looks like we'll be at WDW the same week, which night are your going to the party?

:wizard: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=853260
went as Winnie the Pooh and Nephew was the Honey pot since he was only 18 months and had to carry him most of the time; went as Kanga and my nephew was Roo, last year went as Mrs Pots and Chip... We are planning to go as Lilo and Stitch this year and My sister as always is a Bday cake since its her BDay :rotfl:

what great ideas...
last year we were Jack and Sally and DD 2 was a fairy bumblebee.....

looking for ideas for this year with two DD's!

Yay! Another DISer! :)
We're 99% sure we're going on October 2nd :)
And, thanks for the compliment on my sig pics. I had a great time playing with my digital camera this trip and was pretty happy with the results. So, how could I pick ONE to share on the boards? :)

Keep the great ideas coming!

Two DDs - let's see...
Bo Peep and a sheep?
Snow white and the evil queen?
Cinderella and Perla - or the Fairy Godmother?
Wendy and Tinkerbell

My family will be going as characters from Hercules. I will be Meg, dh will be Zeus, DS9 will be Hades, DS7 will be Hercules and DS2 will be Pegasus. We chose the Hercules theme because we thought that the costumes will be cool. I don't have pictures of those costumes yet, but I have a couple of photos that I took today of costumes the my sons will be wearing for a Hawaiian themed Luau costume party at a campground that we are going to in a couple of weeks.
Here is ds 7 as a Palm Tree
63925Palm_Tree-med.jpg

and ds 2 as a fish
63925fish-med.jpg

What do you think?

^^

aaawwwww those pics are adorable!!

I really want to go to MNSSHP, but my mom doesn't like us missing school :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!