°o° °o° °o° 9/11/09 DCL Announcement Discussion Thread °o° °o° °o°

lbgraves

Little Cinderella's Mommy
:cool1: Okay, everyone is excited about the big annoucement at noon on 9/11/09. In order to keep all of the information together and make it easier for everyone to find it, this is the thread to post any and all information about the announcement, your thoughts, your questions about it ... whatever. It will be stuck to the top of the forum to make it even easier for those who will be trying to quickly find out what is happening from work tomorrow. ;)

Other threads that are started on this topic on Friday will be merged with this thread to avoid multiple discussions on the same subject.

We are finally under the 14 hour mark!!! :cheer2:

http://www.disneycruiselineevents.com/2011/

DID YOU MISS THE ANNOUNCEMENT? You can watch it here. :)

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/whats-new/

*** IF YOU WANT TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD YOU DO NOT NEED TO POST ON IT. ***​
Click on Thread Tools on the main bar above and select the third option to Subscribe to this thread. That will help to keep the thread easier to keep up with. :)

Larger image available to view here.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33629047#post33629047

2011DeckPlan.jpg

2011 Schedule Information Given [Pieced together from website, announcement and newsletter info obtained so far. Subject to change.]
Wonder:
January 6, 2011 - WB PC 15 night repo [itinerary below]
January 21 - April 26, 2011 - MR 7 day cruises
May 3, 2011 - 7 night repo cruise to Vancouver
May 10 - September 6, 2011 - ALASKA
September 20, 2011 - 7 night repo cruise to LA
September 27 - December 2011 - MR 7 day cruises

Magic:
January - April 2011 - 7 night cruises Western & Eastern same regular ports
April 2011 - EB TA to Barcelona
May 28 - August 31, 2011 - Med cruises
September 2011 - WB TA to PC
September/October - December 2011 - 7 night cruises Western & Eastern same regular ports
December 17, 2011 - 11-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday Cruise sailing
December 28, 2011 - 10-Night Eastern Caribbean Holiday Cruise sailing

2011 Magic Western Cruise Dates
2011 Magic Eastern Cruise Dates
Mediterranean Cruise Dates

Dream:
2011 - Cruising out of PC probably taking over the Wonder's 3 & 4 day cruises

Wonder will summer in Alaska
Out of Vancouver. Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway.
The rest of the time will be three ports on Mexican Riviera...Mazaland, Puerto Valarta and Cabo San Lucas.

The Disney Wonder will sail a total of 18 seven-night Alaskan cruises, departing from Vancouver, B.C., and visiting Tracy Arm Fjord, Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway. As part of the new Alaska itinerary, Disney Cruise Line guests will be able to experience breathtaking natural vistas, an abundance of wildlife and the rich history and customs of Alaska’s native culture.

Sail date (Sept. 20)
Tuesday Vancouver, Canada — 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday Victoria, Canada 7:15 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Thursday At Sea — —
Friday At Sea — —
Saturday Ensenada, Mexico 12:30 p.m. 6:00 p.m.
Sunday Los Angeles, California 9:30 a.m. —

Magic will return to the Med
Spain, Italy and France in the summer

Castaway Cay updates reviewed - ready June 2010.

3/4/5/7 night with same itineraries out of PC

Dream...
80 pieces joined to create ship
380 tons first piece alone

Atrium statue on the Disney Dream will be Admiral Donald Duck!!!!

Picture of the Dream model on display at the D23 Expo at DL!!!!

The first Alaskan cruise sets sail on May 3, 2011, with the last cruise of the season scheduled for Aug. 30, 2011.

Bookings open to the general public on Sept. 28, 2009. If your Clients are Castaway Club members who’ve completed five or more sailings with Disney Cruise Line, they can book as early as Sept. 21, 2009. Early bookings are available by phone only.

Repositioning Cruises
Disney Cruise Line will offer a number of repositioning cruises and special sailings in 2011, including a 15-night Panama Canal crossing; two 14-night transatlantic voyages; a 6-night cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Disney Wonder® 15-Night Panama Canal Cruise
Ports of Call: Castaway Cay, Aruba, Panama Canal, Costa Rica, Manzanillo, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas
2011 Sail Date: January 6

Cruise ItineraryDay Port
Thursday Port Canaveral
Friday Castaway Cay
Saturday At Sea
Sunday At Sea
Monday Aruba
Tuesday At Sea
Wednesday Panama Canal
Thursday At Sea
Friday Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Saturday At Sea
Sunday At Sea
Monday Manzanillo
Tuesday Puerto Vallarta
Wednesday Cabo San Lucas
Thursday At Sea
Friday Los Angeles

11-Night Southern Caribbean Holiday Cruise sailing 12/17/11

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
Saturday Port Canaveral, Florida — 4:00 p.m.
Sunday At Sea — —
Monday At Sea — —
Tuesday St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles 7:45 a.m. 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday Guadeloupe, West Indies 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Thursday Barbados, West Indies 7:30 a.m. 7:00 p.m.
Friday St. Lucia, West Indies 7:45 a.m. 4:30 a.m.
Saturday Martinique, West Indies 7:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Sunday At Sea — —
Monday At Sea — —
Tuesday Castaway Cay 8:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 a.m. —

10-Night Eastern Caribbean Holiday Cruise sailing 12/28/11:

Day Port Guest Ashore Guest Onboard
Wednesday Port Canaveral, Florida — 4:00 p.m.
Thursday At Sea — —
Friday At Sea — —
Saturday St. Maarten, Netherland Antilles 7:45 a.m. 6:30 p.m.
Sunday At Sea — —
Monday Antigua, West Indies 7:15 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:30 a.m. 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday St. Thomas/St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:15 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Thursday At Sea — —
Friday Castaway Cay 9:45 a.m. 4:30 p.m.
Saturday Port Canaveral, Florida 7:30 a.m. —

Information from the CC Newsletter posted on the DCL website as of this afternoon:
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/m...er/CastawayClubCompassNewsletter-Fall2009.pdf

Starting October 3, 2009, on Disney Magic and October 18, 20009, on Disney Wonder, the new program will bring you new and enhanced benefits - at-home and onboard! These three membership levels will help us recognize our past Guests based on the number of times they have sailed with us.

The Wonder will sail the MR January - April 2011 and September - December 2001.

The Magic will do the Med cruises May - September 2011.

CC members use offer code HCC at time of booking for these cruises and get an OBC
7 night 12/19/09 $100
4 night 12/23/09 $50
3 night 12/27/09 $50
Book online and receive aqn additional $25 OBC.

At least one adult repeat guest must sail. Not combinable with other offers. One shipboard credit per stateroom. Shipboardcredit is nonrefundable and nontransferable.

The Disney Dream will be unveiled live in NYC on October 29. Beginning at 4:15 pm EST you can watch the streaming video of the unveil and be part of the action at disneycruise.com.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Disney-Cruise-Line-Sets-Sail-prnews-4055661017.html?x=0&.v=1

:cool1: Okay, everyone is excited about the big annoucement at noon on 9/11/09. In order to keep all of the information together and make it easier for everyone to find it, this is the thread to post any and all information about the announcement, your thoughts, your questions about it ... whatever. It will be stuck to the top of the forum to make it even easier for those who will be trying to quickly find out what is happening from work tomorrow. ;)

HAHA.. this is perfect. Thank you, can wait till you all fill me in on whats happening while im slaving away at work LOL. hmm might have to take some headphones to hear the announcement live! :)

**Im too Excited to Sleep* .. but I will I have tons of work I need to get done LOL

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Disney+Cruise+Lines+coming+Vancouver/1981265/story.html
VANCOUVER — Disney Cruise Lines will introduce departures from Vancouver to Alaska, according to reports.

Disney is expected to announce details of the new venture at a press conference Friday morning.

The cruise line dedicated to family vacations, features a Peter Pan Neverland activity centre, a nursery for infants, live shows such as Toy Story: The Musical, 3-D cinemas and a "Pirates in the Caribbean" dinner and deck party.

Disney's two cruise ships, Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, weigh 83,000 tonnes, and measure 964 feet long.

Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy cruise ships, which are currently under construction, will weigh 128,000 tonnes, with 1,250 staterooms.

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Glad to hear it!

Between Disney and Crystal Cruises this means that 2/3 of the ships leaving here will be replaced with better ones. And this will benefit every place the Wonder visits, as in order to sail here it will have to have the sewage system upgraded to me our dumping laws. That means cleaner seas for everyone!

I'm curious to know what their itineraries are going to be, specifically whether they run round trip to Vancouver or one way with land tours to Denali. The former is a good way to test the waters, the latter is a great way to get people to vacation longer and thus spend more money. If they do land trips, I'd love to see them get their own rail cars. Can you imagine a modern Disney rail car specifically for sightseeing?!

The possibilities here are simply awesome.

I will update the first post with the actual announcement so that those in a hurry on break will be able to find the information even easier without wading through pages of comments. :)

Curious to see the itinerary...Guess I have to wait until noon for that!:surfweb:

Thanks for letting us know about this sticky, MJ. Sometimes I don't see these things!

Wow! only 4 more hours to go!!!

im going to guess now like i did on the youtube video.... it's Alaska or Hawaii:goodvibes:surfweb:

http://www.vancouversun.com/travel/Disney+Cruise+Lines+coming+Vancouver/1981265/story.html
VANCOUVER — Disney Cruise Lines will introduce departures from Vancouver to Alaska, according to reports.

Disney is expected to announce details of the new venture at a press conference Friday morning.

The cruise line dedicated to family vacations, features a Peter Pan Neverland activity centre, a nursery for infants, live shows such as Toy Story: The Musical, 3-D cinemas and a "Pirates in the Caribbean" dinner and deck party.

Disney's two cruise ships, Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, weigh 83,000 tonnes, and measure 964 feet long.

Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy cruise ships, which are currently under construction, will weigh 128,000 tonnes, with 1,250 staterooms.

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

i will believe it when i see it. thanks for the 411:woohoo:

Excited, looking forward to the news. It'll be here before we know it!

I just hope that they aren't too expensive for us to be able to go on. I don't mind paying more for Disney, so hopefully it's in our price range. At least we would have a while to save up for it :).

I will update the first post with the actual announcement so that those in a hurry on break will be able to find the information even easier without wading through pages of comments. :)

Thank you! Much appreciated.... :)

Just so people know so they don't have to post to sub...at the top of the thread there is a pull down menu "thread tools". You can sub there w/o having to post. :thumbsup2

Just so people know so they don't have to post to sub...at the top of the thread there is a pull down menu "thread tools". You can sub there w/o having to post. :thumbsup2

That is good info to post. I know it was months before I figured that little trick out.

I am so excited about the new news.

On a sadder note today is the day for each of us to remember all those who lost their lives on 9/11. I pray for them and their families that they may have the peace that we all deserve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!