°o° °o° °o° 9/11/09 DCL Announcement Discussion Thread °o° °o° °o°

And Shocker -- the deposits for both Alaska and the Med cruises for 2011 are $600 PER PERSON!

They are really going to be $600 per person? Who has $2400 laying around to deposit on a vacation that's 2 years away???

Yeah - that's a whole lotta interest on $$$ that DCL will be making on all those deposits wayyyy in advance of the actual cruises. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, for those booking on 9/21, since it is call-in only, your deposits will be $600 pp. Starting on 9/28 when you can book online, the 50% online booking deposit special will apply (so I was told by a DCL CM). So for those of us who book online, our deposit should only be $300 pp.

Well, here's hoping that this is true - guess we'll find out on the 28th. :upsidedow

What if you have to call on 9/28 (instead of booking on-line) because we are going to transfer our Nov 2010 cruise to Alaska 2011. Would the 50% deposit discount apply or do I have to give them another $1400 on top of the $1000 they already have?

I have that same question. This already seems like its gonna be a PITA, and its only Sept 15th. It almost makes me want to say forget it! :mad:

J

Just spoke with DCL. The rep said . . .

1. ALL deposits will be $300 pp regardless of whether you book online or via the phone.

2. If there is heavy volume between the 21st and 28th, the pricing can go up. The only cruise they are concerned about re: big price jumps is the PC repo. They do not have anything in place to guarantee Tier 1 pricing to those of us booking on the 28th.

3. I was asking for info on the new category configurations, but he wasn't allowed to tell me. The only thing he did say was that the Secret Porthole rooms have NOT been priced higher. They will still be cat 10's and not classified as one of the higher priced cat 10's.

4. If you miss the ship in Vancouver, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BOARD AT ALL!! This is due to foreign port regulations. Since all ports after Canada are US ports, you will be unable to board if you miss the ship. Thats motivation enough for all of us to fly in a day or 2 early.

5. They were attempting to put something into place where we can transfer our dummy dates online without having to call in. Unfortunately, it has been a bit of a programming nightmare, so that will not be available for some time.

6. In Tracy Arm Fjord, they will slowly circle so that both sides of the ship get views.

I think thats it!

Jodie

1. ALL deposits will be $300 pp regardless of whether you book online or via the phone.

Jodie

I just spoke to DCL too and was told that the deposit will be $600 on the Alaska cruises.:confused3 Seems that as usual the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at DCL!

I just spoke to DCL too and was told that the deposit will be $600 on the Alaska cruises.:confused3 Seems that as usual the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at DCL!

I wonder if the PC repo is the one with the higher deposit? There is NO WAY I can pay $600 per person right now!!

Jodie

for some time.

6. In Tracy Arm Fjord, they will slowly circle so that both sides of the ship get views.

I think thats it!

Jodie

Thanks for all the other info.

As to Tracy Arm Fjord we did this a few weeks ago. Think of it as a cul-de-sac. You have to out the way you go in. There is plenty of room to turn the ship around at Sawyer Glacier. Takes about 3 hours to go down. Beautiful scenery, chunks of ice floating by, waterfalls. Can't wait to see it again.

I wonder if the PC repo is the one with the higher deposit? There is NO WAY I can pay $600 per person right now!!

Jodie

My TA told me the same thing, unless they have the 1/2 off for online bookings.

Let's hope they figure it out before the 28th. I know we had to pay more for the REPO cruise, as it was longer in length. Most likely be just $300 per person for the 7 day cruises.

That could be a quote for what the deposit would be for two people since all booking are double occupency. Just a thought.

That could be a quote for what the deposit would be for two people since all booking are double occupency. Just a thought.

Nope, I just checked again! $600 per person for all cruises 7+ nights.
I hope I am getting wrong info since I need 2 cruises with 2 cabins each.:scared1:

Are deposits still 1/2 the normal amount? That would explain why someone said $600 but you only have to pay $300.

2. If there is heavy volume between the 21st and 28th, the pricing can go up. The only cruise they are concerned about re: big price jumps is the PC repo. They do not have anything in place to guarantee Tier 1 pricing to those of us booking on the 28th.

3. I was asking for info on the new category configurations, but he wasn't allowed to tell me. The only thing he did say was that the Secret Porthole rooms have NOT been priced higher. They will still be cat 10's and not classified as one of the higher priced cat 10's.

4. If you miss the ship in Vancouver, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BOARD AT ALL!! This is due to foreign port regulations. Since all ports after Canada are US ports, you will be unable to board if you miss the ship. Thats motivation enough for all of us to fly in a day or 2 early.

5. They were attempting to put something into place where we can transfer our dummy dates online without having to call in. Unfortunately, it has been a bit of a programming nightmare, so that will not be available for some time.

I think thats it!

Jodie

Thanks for the info from another Jodie. :goodvibes

I did want to do the PC cruise, but not if we can't book until a week later and the price jumps significantly. Then I won't book on principle. And I have a lot of back up plans in place. :)

However, I do wonder if the cruise will be as popular with a sail date of 1/6 as opposed to sometime between February and April. Will it really be as popular as they think?

I just got off the phone with my TA (who is taking our itinerary requests for booking on 9/21) and here is what I was told:

We WILL NOT know prices until she actually books our cruise on 9/21. Disney is NOT posting them as they do not want the public to see them before 9/28.

And Shocker -- the deposits for both Alaska and the Med cruises for 2011 are $600 PER PERSON! So even if you want to get a couple of quotes and hold some cruises to "think about", you'll be out a lot of money for a while. And since Disney is using this policy this year (must place the deposit at time of booking), I see a LOT of TAs requesting cancellation refunds down the road:confused3

Well, that sort of sux if you're booking a suite. I mean, you can always move your sail date, but then you're definitely committed to going on another cruise unless you want to sacrifice your deposit. Suite deposits are non-refundable. Not even a day to think about it. Oh well. I wonder how that will play out.

I inquired on Friday with my TA about Alaska, and she said, since have only been on 1 cruise so far, she could not book me until 9/28.

Hey Erika!

Are you guys looking to do Alaska?? We are HOPING to book for the July 19th sailing!!

Unfortunately, for those booking on 9/21, since it is call-in only, your deposits will be $600 pp. Starting on 9/28 when you can book online, the 50% online booking deposit special will apply (so I was told by a DCL CM). So for those of us who book online, our deposit should only be $300 pp.

:worship: I sure hope that you are right!! :worship:

Hey Erika!

Are you guys looking to do Alaska?? We are HOPING to book for the July 19th sailing!!

I am thinking about it. Not decided yet for sure though. Wish the sailings for the Dream had been announced though.
If the deposits turn out to be $600 pp though, then probably not LOL.

I am thinking about it. Not decided yet for sure though. Wish the sailings for the Dream had been announced though.
If the deposits turn out to be $600 pp though, then probably not LOL.

The $600 deposit is :scared1:SCARING:scared1: the heck out of me...we leave in 24 days for the Magic and just cannot put out $2400 right now...Lets hope that it is $300pp!!!!

The $600 deposit is :scared1:SCARING:scared1: the heck out of me...we leave in 24 days for the Magic and just cannot put out $2400 right now...Lets hope that it is $300pp!!!!
I would perfer we could just transfer any reservation we have and use that deposit without having to add more.

We just got off the Wonder last week. There was no agent onboard to book future cruises. We had to fill out a future cruise card and put it in the slot in a box at the future cruise booking desk. I was a little uneasy because I put the card in the slot without my phone number. When I read the Navigator it said that an agent would contact us at home. I saw Christian the CD and he helped me get my phone number on my card.
This Monday I had a phone call from DCL. They booked a 7 night dummy booking for us for December 4, 2010. I had to pay the deposit of $250 that same day to hold the reservation. When the Dream comes out I can transfer that dummy booking a still get the 10% and OBC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter