ª"˜ª¤.¸Official Team May 2014 Thread!¸.¤ª˜"ª

just an update.....finally received a text the magic bands were processed through our local facility this afternoon. Must have had a few potty breaks on that truck from dallas to tulsa lol i think that pixie dust worked after all!

yay!!!!

We got our MagicBands yesterday! We arrive May 3.....seems like alot of us are around 24 days!!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Woohoo surprise trip 2 my favorite world.... Disney! My husband just mentioned Disney I quickly looked some rooms and prices up and were going 4 3 days in May yay! Not very long but hopefully lotsa fun!

Joining y'all! YAY!!! My husband and I are ditching the kids to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary with our very first trip to Disney World! YIPPEEE!! Yes, I have moments when I feel like a terrible parent hitting Disney without the kids, but we did Disneyland for our honeymoon and figured we'd do Disney World for our 10th! We'll take the kids someday! :thumbsup2

Port Orleans Riverside May 1-7.

Our travel agent is bringing our magic bands & all our info sometime this week, then I can start making FP+s for us. We are doing the quick dine plan, so no need for ADRs, but if I can still manage to snag a FP+ for BoG that would be awesome!

Also, thinking about which parks on which days...
We originally planned to hit MK on Friday, May 2, but now I'm reading things about how they're doing a huge dedication thing for 7DMT that day... do you think that will make the crowds & SB lines terrible all day? If so, I'd rather switch MK to the following Monday and/or Tuesday (May 5/6).

Thanks all! Being a newbie, I'm gonna need all the help/tips/advice I can get! :goodvibes

Here are a few of the shirts we made.

How did you make these, they are really cool looking especially for a Star Wars theme/feel?

These are a few of the shirts I made. I have two little girls & they have matching shirts.

c72c9426ab0ca9d214ecaab8ed7c2765.jpg

221ef58d571c91bb8ad1bc8a4004fec7.jpg

e1b63c929ae812105deb978285b62ae4.jpg

Too cute, I can't keep calm either. I had a dream last night that we stopped to get gas on our way to the airport and I realized I forgot to print out SW boarding passes and I forgot my plan spreadsheet with all our reservations.

I LOVE THE FROZEN SHIRTS, those are adorable. How did you make them? I would love those for my kids.

What am I forgetting?

Started packing... Sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, multiple types of shoes to switch up for sore feet, variety of meds (Advil, Benadryl, Zyrtec), my package of stuff (Mickey Mail), I need to put our new luggage tags on... My disneyland ones are still on our bags from the last trip. I have $700 in gift cards, $150 in cash... I need to get some of that changed into ones for tipping mouse keeping. Toiletries will be last... We are light packers: lotion, travel shampoo and conditioner, toothpaste, deodorant, brush and tooth brushes. I need to try on my capris... Been awhile since it was warm enough to wear them! Everything is booked/reserved... Fast passes, adrs, rental car, flights... Only thing I don't have is the transport back to MCO from RPR for the darkside portion of the trip... Which will likely just be a cab. I have 3 cheapie dollar store ponchos and I need to go get more, Tink presents for dd are bought and already packed so she won't find them... I don't think we are doing autographs this trip... We have so many filled books...

What else?

Too cute, I can't keep calm either. I had a dream last night that we stopped to get gas on our way to the airport and I realized I forgot to print out SW boarding passes and I forgot my plan spreadsheet with all our reservations.

I LOVE THE FROZEN SHIRTS, those are adorable. How did you make them? I would love those for my kids.

I made the pictures with photoshop on my computer. Then put them iron on transfers & added the trim. The white spots on the pictures are actually spray fabric glitter. When is your trip? I am about to start a store on Etsy. The only difference is that the shirts on Etsy won't have the rhinestones on the collar because they are a chocking hazard.

Got our magic bands today! Went to Michaels where I found this GLORIOUS scrapbook aisle full of all kinds of bling with adhesive to decorate them with! I've already got the nailpolish ready and ready to start coating these babies with the designs we came up with.

I used contact paper for the Mickey head, it was self sticking and then used a spray bottle of bleach.

Hello....late joiner here. My daughter's competition cheer team :cheer2: just got a bid to The Summit (at ESPN complex-May 3rd & 4th) this past weekend so this is an unexpected trip. A good many of the WDW resorts are booked solid at this point but I was able to get a river view room (only type available) at POFQ for May 1st through 5th. I feel like a fish out of water. Normally I would have had my ADRs for months, already purchased coordinating outfits, made mousekeeping envelopes, and had all my spreadsheets, itineraries etc. made up. I cannot even make an ADR even if there was anything still available because I really have no idea what the schedule will be yet?! This is so crazy but I'm excited!! :cool1:

Joining...
We'll be at POR 5/21 - 5/28 to celebrate DD(18)'s high school graduation.:cheer2:

Never to late to join!! Added :thumbsup2

I am at 46 days till we leave and 47 from arriving in Disney. I have printed my envelopes for tips/spending money. My best friend's husband and son were in DC this weekend for a school trip, so we had a slumber party and made 18 shirts. I have most of the stuff for my trip purchased. Still need a few last minute snacks/drinks. I have most of it gathered together in boxes and stuffed (literally) in my bathroom. I will pack on the 20th (my son doesn't know when we are leaving, so I have to do it before he gets out of school for summer. We leave on the 23rd and arrive on the 24th. I am getting beyond excited!!

Here are a few of the shirts we made.

This is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone mind if I join? I'm not going on vacation but moving to Orlando on the 13th of May to start my Disney college program :) It would be fun to have people to plan with!

Of course!! I started a new section for you!! Added!:yay:

Joining y'all! YAY!!! My husband and I are ditching the kids to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary with our very first trip to Disney World! YIPPEEE!! Yes, I have moments when I feel like a terrible parent hitting Disney without the kids, but we did Disneyland for our honeymoon and figured we'd do Disney World for our 10th! We'll take the kids someday! :thumbsup2

Port Orleans Riverside May 1-7.

Our travel agent is bringing our magic bands & all our info sometime this week, then I can start making FP+s for us. We are doing the quick dine plan, so no need for ADRs, but if I can still manage to snag a FP+ for BoG that would be awesome!

Also, thinking about which parks on which days...
We originally planned to hit MK on Friday, May 2, but now I'm reading things about how they're doing a huge dedication thing for 7DMT that day... do you think that will make the crowds & SB lines terrible all day? If so, I'd rather switch MK to the following Monday and/or Tuesday (May 5/6).

Thanks all! Being a newbie, I'm gonna need all the help/tips/advice I can get! :goodvibes

What a great way to celebrate a Ten Year anniversary!!! Added!!!:cool1:

Can't wait! We will be there May 4th-11th at Pop Century!

The trip is so close!!!!! Added!:woohoo:

Hello....late joiner here. My daughter's competition cheer team :cheer2: just got a bid to The Summit (at ESPN complex-May 3rd & 4th) this past weekend so this is an unexpected trip. A good many of the WDW resorts are booked solid at this point but I was able to get a river view room (only type available) at POFQ for May 1st through 5th. I feel like a fish out of water. Normally I would have had my ADRs for months, already purchased coordinating outfits, made mousekeeping envelopes, and had all my spreadsheets, itineraries etc. made up. I cannot even make an ADR even if there was anything still available because I really have no idea what the schedule will be yet?! This is so crazy but I'm excited!! :cool1:

o wow!! I'm sure everything will work out to your favor! PS. you will love POFQ!!!

o wow!! I'm sure everything will work out to your favor! PS. you will love POFQ!!!
We've stayed at POR a couple of times before but it's our first POFQ experience. I'm excited!! So far things are working out pretty good. I am going to be able to make an ADR for our first full day. We were still able to customize our magic bands..yay! It's just going to be a shorter, less structured trip than we are used to doing.

Does anyone know how we can get milk in the room? We are driving down so bring it with us is not an option. My girls drink milk in the mornings and I want to make sure we have some for cereal and things.

Does anyone know how we can get milk in the room? We are driving down so bring it with us is not an option. My girls drink milk in the mornings and I want to make sure we have some for cereal and things.

You could either order a delivery through a delivery service like Garden Grocer, or grab some in the store when you check in. Some resorts offer grocery delivery services, but it seems to be just the DVC resorts, but I could be mistaken.

denneg said:
You could either order a delivery through a delivery service like Garden Grocer, or grab some in the store when you check in. Some resorts offer grocery delivery services, but it seems to be just the DVC resorts, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks! I just realized that Pop sells milk in the food court. Awesome! Very easy. I was just worried about keeping it cold while we wait for our room. But now I don't have to. :)

Thanks! I just realized that Pop sells milk in the food court. Awesome! Very easy. I was just worried about keeping it cold while we wait for our room. But now I don't have to. :)

Yep! And Pop has mini-fridges in the rooms! I was so happy to find that out for next year's Pop stay!

And the gift shop usually has larger jugs, maybe half gallon size? Not sure if they sell that in the food court as well, or just individual size bottles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter