“What?! No! That’s Crazy!” Feb 16 - 21, 2014 (Complete)

Happy that you were able to find a bench to watch Wishes, etc. - even if not a perfect view I bet it felt perfect for you at the time

Ugh, can't stand people that think they can bend the rules because the are special snowflakes and don't care that others have waited hours for the view they just blocked - and then to play the card that his kid will be sad? :confused3 Which puts you in a tough place because you don't want to be the mean lady in his eyes, but you were definitely right to stand up to him - especially since they were able to find a a perfectly fine view inside the designated area

And that was so sweet how you gave up your balloon - passing along some pixie dust is always great - everywhere, but especially in Disney. And I am sure that balloon wound up meaning more to her b/c you gave it to her vs. just if it was bought for her. Plus, I am sure that family was put in an even more positive mood and probably passed that positivity along to others

great job!

Oh! The balloon story makes me happy!! :goodvibes. So sweet!

Me too. :goodvibes I'm so glad I did it!

Happy that you were able to find a bench to watch Wishes, etc. - even if not a perfect view I bet it felt perfect for you at the time

Ugh, can't stand people that think they can bend the rules because the are special snowflakes and don't care that others have waited hours for the view they just blocked - and then to play the card that his kid will be sad? :confused3 Which puts you in a tough place because you don't want to be the mean lady in his eyes, but you were definitely right to stand up to him - especially since they were able to find a a perfectly fine view inside the designated area

And that was so sweet how you gave up your balloon - passing along some pixie dust is always great - everywhere, but especially in Disney. And I am sure that balloon wound up meaning more to her b/c you gave it to her vs. just if it was bought for her. Plus, I am sure that family was put in an even more positive mood and probably passed that positivity along to others

great job!

That bench really was perfect for us that night!

I still get irritated when I think about that man. So. Rude. Ugh. The fact that they were able to see just as well in the designated area made me crazy too. They probably had a better view than we did! And I hate being that person, but I had just had it.

I sure do hope they kept passing the pixie dust on! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to top that moment. She was SO happy. And she probably won't even remember it, but I will. :goodvibes

I'm absolutely loving your trip report.

I was thinking about the balloon and the little girl and it sounds like her reaction was priceless. This sounds corny, but based on the Dad's reaction of "What? No! That's Crazy!" I bet the moment was magical for him as well! Great job spreading the magic!

I'm absolutely loving your trip report.

I was thinking about the balloon and the little girl and it sounds like her reaction was priceless. This sounds corny, but based on the Dad's reaction of "What? No! That's Crazy!" I bet the moment was magical for him as well! Great job spreading the magic!

Yay! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

And her reaction was absolutely priceless. My mom and I still randomly look at each other and pretend to spaz out, arms flailing and laughing like she did. It. Was. Awesome.

And I certainly hope it was magical for him! I had to really work to give away that balloon, LOL!

Day 5: Tower of Terror on Cold Meds...

So. The night before, I had not been feeling great. We got back to the room, I took some NyQuil and PASSED out. Slept like the dead. Was asleep before my mom was even out of the shower.

I woke up on Day 5 and felt like I had swallowed glass, and had an elephant sitting on my sinuses. I was well and truly sick.

tumblr_inline_mp4599DTdO1qz4rgp.gif

And of course as I was packing I had packed NyQuil... and no daytime cold meds. Of course. Lucky for me - Disney sells cold meds! Hooray. :crazy2:

So, I took some meds, and we decided to keep our morning plans for Hollywood Studios.

I'm not going to lie - this morning is very fuzzy. I was feeling a little better after taking the meds, but still not fantastic. I have not a single pic, so I'll try to make this quick! And I do have gifs.

The first thing we did was ride ToT on standy, immediately followed by our FP+ time. And then once more just for kicks.

The worst/funny part was that I usually scream my head off, but my throat was on fire, so I had to try not to, so I had some seriously amusing faces in the ride pics. Mom, per usual laughed her head off.

giphy.gif

Ride number 3 was probably a mistake though. I kind of felt like this when we got off:

200.gif

Time for something on the tamer side! I know we did TSMM, because we took the handicapped entrance this time. Best decision ever. So much easier on bum knees and cold medicine induced fog and sore hips. Great decision. Took a little while longer, as you have to wait for the special cars, but worth it!

After TSMM we tried once again to do the Animation class, but the wait was going to run into our ADR at 50's Prime Time, so we skipped it and went to lunch instead.

Our server was cousin Ralph, and I must have looked pathetic because other than some gentle ribbing he left us mostly alone. Other tables were not so lucky!

Mom loves this place because it has a lot of the same things that were in her own kitchen growing up. I know I had the fried chicken, and it was really good! After lunch we went back over to the Animation Studio. And I - I was just done. The meds were wearing off. It was hot. I was in a total daze. Mom said I looked green.

giphy.gif

Mom studied me for a minute and told me that she thought we should just go back to the room. And I had to agree with her, as much as I didn't want to! So head back we did, and I stopped at the food court to get a cup of hot tea.

Santos was working, and he took one look at me and took my cup, got my tea for me, gave me a huge hug and sent me back to my room.

I actually took a nap. And I never nap!!! I think I slept for almost 3 hours. Mom watched TV and read a magazine and just chilled too.

That nap may be the best decision I've ever made. I felt SO much better. My throat still hurt, but with some cold meds I felt pretty good! So we cleaned up and headed out to MK!

I was in the mood for some more silly pics! French Quarter pics!

At MK we took it easy. Saw the Country Bear Jamboree, because Big Al!

Tried to see what was just around the river bend.

And discovered the key to mustache facial expressions.

We had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern, which was lovely. We also rode HM, because duh.

I know we cut through Fantasyland, and saw Mickey's Philharmagic again before finding a spot for CTM and Wishes. We ended up on the smaller path that leads to Tomorrowland, and it ended up being an AMAZING view. We had to stand, but no one could stand in front of us since we were right up on the rail! The families around us were super nice, and we had a great time watching CTM and Wishes, and caught some of MSEP while handing out glow bracelets. We have a whole system down now. Mom hold the connectors and I snap them together.

After Wishes I was DETERMINED to go to Tomorrowland - we hadn't been ONCE the whole trip!!!

So, first order of business, Buzz Lightyear! Followed by the Peoplemover, where we caught snippets of the second CTM show.

We also paid a visit to the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, and decided to end the night on that silly note!

Up Next: Day 6 - And still... no plane.

aw, sorry to see you were feeling so ill and out of it (definitely sounds like the third TOT was a mistake ... actually, that would make a good T-shirt). I do love the use of the Pinocchio gif though

Glad the nap helped so much and sounds like a great evening at MK! Gotta love the peoplemover!

My last 2 trips to Disney I have been sick! I know it is not fun but I am glad that the nap helped (along with some meds). For the first 2 days of my last trip I literally had no voice and received many comments from CM's on how I was trying to channel my inner Ariel :lmao:

Awww Dani, I'm so sorry you felt so ill. I have to give you major props for trying AND riding Tower not once but 3 times. Darn impressive. :goodvibes

BIG AL!!! :love:

Aww man, being sick is no fun at all, especially not at Disney :( I'm sorry you had to go through your day like that.

But I'm glad that the nap did you well. Sometimes a nap is all you need to help.

Seriously, you and your mom are the cutest in all your pictures together. I can't even.

Tomorrowland is always great fun.

So sorry I dropped off the face of the planet! DH and I went to Kentucky for a week and did the Bourbon Trail, so I didn't get a chance to respond!

aw, sorry to see you were feeling so ill and out of it (definitely sounds like the third TOT was a mistake ... actually, that would make a good T-shirt). I do love the use of the Pinocchio gif though

Glad the nap helped so much and sounds like a great evening at MK! Gotta love the peoplemover!

It sucked, it really did. And I'm glad you enjoyed the gif! :lmao: That really would make a funny t - shirt! I might have to investigate that.

That nap saved my life, for real!

My last 2 trips to Disney I have been sick! I know it is not fun but I am glad that the nap helped (along with some meds). For the first 2 days of my last trip I literally had no voice and received many comments from CM's on how I was trying to channel my inner Ariel :lmao:

I am still irritated that I got sick! Can't believe it's happened so often to you - Not fair! LOL at the Ariel references! :rotfl:

Awww Dani, I'm so sorry you felt so ill. I have to give you major props for trying AND riding Tower not once but 3 times. Darn impressive. :goodvibes

BIG AL!!! :love:

Why thank you. I did my best. ::yes::
I love Big Al. :love:

Aww man, being sick is no fun at all, especially not at Disney :( I'm sorry you had to go through your day like that.

But I'm glad that the nap did you well. Sometimes a nap is all you need to help.

Seriously, you and your mom are the cutest in all your pictures together. I can't even.

Tomorrow land is always great fun.

Thanks - it really sucked! The nap helped, and definitely made the night a lot better.

Aw - thank you! :goodvibes :lovestruc. I love her tons, and we really have a lot of fun together!!!

Subbing - great TR! Sorry you were sick but glad you had a good ending to your day. I have a bad leg due to 2 breaks and a dislocated toe and succumbed a few years ago to using an ECV and it was the best decision I ever made. Not only did I enjoy the parks better, so did my family as I wasn't as crabby and achy as the day went on or so DH says! :rotfl: We are going in Feb 2015 around the same dates as you were there and plan the ECV again - no way I will make 7days of park hoppin without it!

Eagerly awaiting your next chapter!

Subbing - great TR! Sorry you were sick but glad you had a good ending to your day. I have a bad leg due to 2 breaks and a dislocated toe and succumbed a few years ago to using an ECV and it was the best decision I ever made. Not only did I enjoy the parks better, so did my family as I wasn't as crabby and achy as the day went on or so DH says! :rotfl: We are going in Feb 2015 around the same dates as you were there and plan the ECV again - no way I will make 7days of park hoppin without it!

Eagerly awaiting your next chapter!

Yeah, I was all ready to get them for both of us, and while I'm glad I didn't need one, I should have gotten one for mom! At least we have a diagnosis now, and maybe she won't argue with me about it next time. :goodvibes At the very least I'll be getting her a wheel chair. She's wee, so shouldn't be an issue to push her around as needed.

I'm so glad that the EVC made such a difference for you! That's encouraging to hear. Next and final chapter should be up soon. :)

Day 6: And still... no plane.

Day 6. Last day. Sad day.

giphy.gif

And yet.... we were ready. I still felt like I'd been hit by a truck. But we had one last morning to cram in some fun, and the Magical Express would be picking us up at 4:40 to head back to the cold and dreary North. Le sigh.

So we got up, packed up, and headed back to MK for a few last rides/smells/feels.

I have a pitiful amount of pictures from this morning. I know, bad Dani! As we were wandering along Main Street, mom saw another friend that we just had to take a selfie with.

Wait, I look forlorn, let's try that again:
Edit to add: I just realized that these are from completely different rides. Clearly we rode Jungle Cruise as well, as the pic above is of a mask from that queue. Told you I was on cold meds!

Slightly better. You can see some of the 'stache. :)

We took our time this morning, just soaking it all in. We rode Pirates, and of course Haunted Mansion. Sang with the birds in the Enchanted Tiki Room. Spent some time shopping. Debated trying to get into BoG for lunch, but the line was chaos and insanity. So we had some lunch at Columbia Harbor House instead before riding Haunted Mansion!

And there... at my beloved Haunted Mansion... I had my second Dani-loses-her-cool moment of this trip.

The people in the Doom Buggy next to us had a paper doll. A Flat Stanley Mom called it. Similar to chronicling the adventures of a certain small Yeti, these folks were taking pics with Stanley. This was fine and quite cute outside in the queue.

Inside the ride. In the dark. With the FLASH.... was not fine. It was not fine at all.

This was my last ride on my beloved Haunted Mansion this trip. And they were ruining it. After the third flash picture, just before we got to Madame Leota ... I had had enough.

giphy.gif

I turned to my right, and tried to be loud enough that they would hear me but not so loud that I'd ruin anything for anyone else... "NO flash photography! You are ruining it for the rest of us."

The flashes stopped. And I saw them when they got out, and they looked quite embarrassed. Which is fine by me!!!

And we rode it again when we got off, just so my last ride wasn't such a bummer. And I'm happy to say that this ride was uneventful and quite fun. We then went to see Philharmagic and ride Ariel one last time.

And on our way out we attempted a selfie with Triton! And failed miserably. Luckily, a lovely mom helped us out.

Uncropped, with our cutie photo bomber:

We did some more last minute shopping on Main Street and slowly made our way back to POFQ. We actually got back a lot earlier than we needed to, but we wanted to be on the safe side.

I'd saved out a change of clothes so I could be in clean duds on the plane, so mom camped out just inside the bar area of the POFQ lobby while I went in changed. While in the restroom, I overheard someone saying, "And our flight to Detroit was just delayed... AGAIN."

giphy.gif

I walked back out towards mom. Pulled out my phone... and sure enough, there was our flight. Delayed. By 2 hours. But of course they don't change your ME pick up so... yeah. The rest of the day was less than stellar. I spent the rest of my snack credits in the gift shop and on some beignets. My Step-Tom called to tell my mom that apparently the driveway was a sheet of ice and to please be careful when we got home as he'd fallen going out to get the mail.

We got to the airport and waited.

And waited.

And waited some more.

We were cursed with missing planes on this trip!

I honestly don't even remember how long we waited. All I know is instead of getting home around 8:00, we landed in Detroit after midnight. And the weather basically made me feel like this:

giphy.gif

And my low tire pressure light came on half way to my mom's. Confirmed the next day that I'd picked up a nail somewhere along the line. Le sigh. My cold also turned into a raging sinus infection by Monday. :sick:

But we were home, we were whole, and we had some great memories! :goodvibes

And a whole slew of ridiculous selfies! :rotfl:

OH, I'm so sad the trip is over. I love how you write! The Dani & Mom selfies are wonderful, but I must say the pics with Triton are my faves!! Look at those poses!! It reminds me of a move we do in Zumba class! :lmao: I would have done the exact same thing on HM!! I HATE, HATE, HATE when someone uses flash when they were told not to! I have this little keychain of Stitch dressed up like the bellmen at ToT and I was thinking I may bring him along to get silly pics with, but I'm thinking my family might think I'm nuts (ok, they already think that!!!) :scared1:

Sorry about the plane delay....that's what we Northerners get for living up here in snowville! Last winter everyone around kept saying "who pissed off Elsa!". I think we should be all set for our September trip, but who knows....hurricanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms ---- all conspiring against me! :lmao:

So, is there another Mom/Dani trip planned??? I hope so!! :thumbsup2 I see a solo trip in 3 months, but how come Mom isn't going? Who are you gonna do fabulous selfies with???

first, excellent use of the gifs - provided quite a few smiles for an update full of sickness, cold, flat tires, and delayed planes

With regards to those events - that all really sucks ... though at least you did get home safe - if a bit late and cold

Glad you got to ride HM again with no flasher interruptions :goodvibes

OH, I'm so sad the trip is over. I love how you write! The Dani & Mom selfies are wonderful, but I must say the pics with Triton are my faves!! Look at those poses!! It reminds me of a move we do in Zumba class! :lmao: I would have done the exact same thing on HM!! I HATE, HATE, HATE when someone uses flash when they were told not to! I have this little keychain of Stitch dressed up like the bellmen at ToT and I was thinking I may bring him along to get silly pics with, but I'm thinking my family might think I'm nuts (ok, they already think that!!!) :scared1:

Sorry about the plane delay....that's what we Northerners get for living up here in snowville! Last winter everyone around kept saying "who pissed off Elsa!". I think we should be all set for our September trip, but who knows....hurricanes, tornadoes, thunderstorms ---- all conspiring against me! :lmao:

So, is there another Mom/Dani trip planned??? I hope so!! :thumbsup2 I see a solo trip in 3 months, but how come Mom isn't going? Who are you gonna do fabulous selfies with???

Aw. Thanks for the compliment on my writing! I sometimes wonder, so it's always nice to hear!

I've been contemplating some sort of critter to bring along for pics on my solo trip. No family to drive nuts, LOL!!

Ah yes, the joys of living in the North. Le sigh. We really did piss Elsa off last year! It sucked! I hope your Sept trip (and my Oct one!) are uneventful in that respect!

There is not currently another Mom/Dani trip planned. Well, not officially. I'd like to go to Flower and Garden with her. We can't do that this year, as none of the dates fall during one of her breaks. Well, her Easter Break, but it's SO busy and so much more expensive! I treat her when we go, and I just can't afford it at this point.

I've wanted to go to the Halloween party forever! I wish she could come, but again, teacher, can't take the time off. And DH doesn't enjoy Disney like I do. He'll go with me, and we have fun, but it's a different sort of trip. He's a magnet for strollers I swear. He's been the biggest supporter of me going solo. "Go! Have fun! Without having to drag my grumpy butt along!" So for this trip at least, I'm going solo! I'll have to take fabulous selfies of just myself!

Mom's got two more years until she retires. And she's mentioned that she wouldn't mind using a few sick days her last year... :rolleyes1

first, excellent use of the gifs - provided quite a few smiles for an update full of sickness, cold, flat tires, and delayed planes

With regards to those events - that all really sucks ... though at least you did get home safe - if a bit late and cold

Glad you got to ride HM again with no flasher interruptions :goodvibes

Good! That was what I was going for. I started writing it and it was a bit grim! And yes, home safe. :goodvibes

I'm glad we went again. I would have hated to end with that as the last ride!

Last day??? Noooooooooo!!!!!!!

But at least you're making it count... until... FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! :furious:

Good call on riding again. No need to be stuck with that other ride as the final memory.

It's so weird to hear about arriving home to that weather. We've been stuck with ugly humid weather for the last week. What you described almost sounds good. Weird how that works...

Last day??? Noooooooooo!!!!!!!

But at least you're making it count... until... FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!!!! :furious:

Good call on riding again. No need to be stuck with that other ride as the final memory.

It's so weird to hear about arriving home to that weather. We've been stuck with ugly humid weather for the last week. What you described almost sounds good. Weird how that works...

I was not happy. And I'm really glad I went again!

And you're insane if you think that winter sounds good. *shudder*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter