“WE’RE GOING TO MICKEY’S HOUSE!" ...aka the trip that drove me up a wall. - THE END!!

"I don’t lift it up because let’s be real, I am lazy and sit on the couch and eat ice cream all day. I do not like exercise, so I have no muscles. Michelle Obama would be proud."

dying. dying. dead.

Thank you for wearing your ears on the plane ride there!
And thank you for just saying it like it is " since let’s be real, I know what I’m doing."
That's what I do when people are IDIOTS but I just get called a bad word that starts with a B....really?

I am having an awful lot of flashbacks to my trip. Which as soon as I make some more posts...you will be able to read.
Like not doing the things they were told 45345324 times.....

But I am trying to keep them out of it. I also just may have to steal "The other people" label because it is perfect. Especially compared to what I was going to call them...A, B, C, and D :laughing:

First of all - love your Mickey nails! and love your mum's new hair style (she did get a new one, didn't she? If not I feel pretty stupid right now :rotfl2:) Oh what fun I can see you are all going to have seeing how you got started off so well ;)

gee Meg, that' s the best Christmas gift ever. Thanks.

heaven2dc...didn't really get a new do...I think it was just a mess, but thanks! :)

"I don’t lift it up because let’s be real, I am lazy and sit on the couch and eat ice cream all day. I do not like exercise, so I have no muscles. Michelle Obama would be proud."

dying. dying. dead.

Thank you for wearing your ears on the plane ride there!
And thank you for just saying it like it is " since let’s be real, I know what I’m doing."
That's what I do when people are IDIOTS but I just get called a bad word that starts with a B....really?

I am having an awful lot of flashbacks to my trip. Which as soon as I make some more posts...you will be able to read.
Like not doing the things they were told 45345324 times.....

But I am trying to keep them out of it. I also just may have to steal "The other people" label because it is perfect. Especially compared to what I was going to call them...A, B, C, and D :laughing:

Oh, you are very welcome. Tons of people on the plane were wearing them, actually.
I marched right up to the counter and basically told the CM what to do. Disney should really hire me.
People are RUDE.
I can’t wait to read your TR. It sounds like it will be basically the same thing as mine (making fun of family, ranting, etc.)
OH MY GOD, I got SO mad when “the other people (minus one)” had no clue what to do. I mean, we only told them and gave them an itinerary of the whole trip!
A, B, C, and D! :lmao: I like that! But, I won’t mind if you steal “the other people.” :-)

First of all - love your Mickey nails! and love your mum's new hair style (she did get a new one, didn't she? If not I feel pretty stupid right now :rotfl2:) Oh what fun I can see you are all going to have seeing how you got started off so well ;)

Thanks!
No, she didn’t. It was just a total disaster that day.
I know! We were off to SUCH a great start! It only gets better…

gee Meg, that' s the best Christmas gift ever. Thanks.

heaven2dc...didn't really get a new do...I think it was just a mess, but thanks! :)

Aww, you are so welcome, Mum! I knew you would just love it!

I'm in to read all about your"fun with the others".

WELCOME!
I’m glad people like all of my ranting about “the other people.”​

:earsgirl:

At first, I was really going to leave them out of it. Like try to erase them, and what ever needed to stay so be it. But as I am writing there are a few pieces of their moron-ness that needs to be included. There are so many drama filled parts I am going to leave out. And even some of them should be in...

OMG ISN'T IT SO AGGRAVATING WHEN U TELL THEM ALL THEY NEED TO KNOW MORE THAN ONCE AND THEY STILL ASK DUMB QUESTIONS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:earsgirl:

At first, I was really going to leave them out of it. Like try to erase them, and what ever needed to stay so be it. But as I am writing there are a few pieces of their moron-ness that needs to be included. There are so many drama filled parts I am going to leave out. And even some of them should be in...

OMG ISN'T IT SO AGGRAVATING WHEN U TELL THEM ALL THEY NEED TO KNOW MORE THAN ONCE AND THEY STILL ASK DUMB QUESTIONS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The night I was tweeting you in MGM is SOOOO going in here! How can it not?! I mean, I totally understand about how you wouldn't want to include some parts with all of the drama. I do not want to relive that night in MGM AT ALL, but I'm sure my readers would like to hear about it.
YES YES YES!!! Like, don't people listen?! ANNOYING.​

I've never traveled with non-Disney obsessed friends/family but I can understand how frustrating something like that can be. Wasting time is so annoying, when you know how close you are to the magic. Too bad you couldn't just leave them behind ;)

I've never traveled with non-Disney obsessed friends/family but I can understand how frustrating something like that can be. Wasting time is so annoying, when you know how close you are to the magic. Too bad you couldn't just leave them behind ;)

It was so frustrating. I just wanted to strangle one of them like every second of the trip. They should be happy no one got hurt.
All I wanted to do was get on the ME and go to our resort, but NO! "The other people" had to get their luggage, and go to the ME desk. And you know if we left them they would have no clue what to do.​

FINALLY getting to SSR!
We waited for about 15 minutes to get on a motor coach. Not a bus. A motor coach. Get it right people!

“The other people (minus one)” got on a motor coach before us. Meh.
Seth was carrying Troy to the motor coach because he fell asleep. I think they said he woke up about halfway. Then Jackie told Troy that she was going to take a nap, so he needed to wake her up when they got there. Yeah, because that’s his responsibility.

FINALLY, we got on the Magical Express and got the front! GOOD PICTURE OF THE GATE, yes!

We have the front on the ME!

Pretty soon, we were OFF!

Then the video came on and I tried to hold the tears in when they showed the part where all of the parents are surprising their kids with a trip to Disney. TEARS. Oh my god, how can you NOT cry when they show that?! Gets me every time.

Then all of a sudden, THIS appeared in front of my very eyes.

Honey, I’M HOME!
disneynovember2012029.jpg

*dies*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Our stop was second. First was Old Key West.

Christmas decorations at the entrance to Saratoga…and my hand that is going to crush the deer.
disneynovember2012032.jpg

We pulled up to the Magical Express stop, and we got off, of course.

I basically sprinted into the Carriage House…not without taking pictures though!
disneynovember2012033.jpg

My two favorite words: WELCOME HOME!!!!
disneynovember2012034.jpg

We walked through the doors, and headed to the Online Check-In desk. Because, really. Why WOULDN’T we do online check in?! We aren’t “the other people” for cryin’ out loud!

I thought the lobby was really beautiful decked out in all of the decorations.
disneynovember2012035.jpg

disneynovember2012036.jpg

So pretty!
trpic2.jpg

The CM that checked us in said that our room was ready (!!!) and that we would be in The Springs, aka one of the closest buildings to the Carriage House. Lazy person + far away building = no me gusta. Lazy person + close building = ME GUSTA!

I was happy to say the least.

Before we headed to our room, we went to Artist’s Palette to get a quick bite because we were starving.

If you didn’t know, the quick service is attached to the gift shop, and the gift shop is on your right when you go in. So that means we saw all the Christmas merch. I didn’t freak out at all…

We just went to the little bakery and grabbed something.

There were many tables open so we sat at one by the windows.

DISNEY FOOD.

I was excited, because let’s be real, “normal” food is nasty.

I had a sugar cookie with Mickey sprinkles. It was so soft and delicious!
disneynovember2012038.jpg

Mum had a cinnamon roll and a tea.
disneynovember2012039.jpg

And Mimi had some kind of cheese pastry thing.
disneynovember2012040.jpg

I love the chandeliers in there.
disneynovember2012041.jpg

After we finished up, we headed over to our building. We just had to walk down this little pathway, crossed the street without getting hit by any Disney buses, and our building was right there. And even better, we were right next to the bus stop. CHA CHING!

Our room was on the THIRD FLOOR so we had to walk up the (what seemed like) 500 steps. That was so not cool after a long day at the park. At all.

I got up to our room first, because I am young and awesome. Mum and Mimi, not so much.

We were in room 4347, which was right next to the stairs.

We had a refurbed room. Last August we stayed at SSR, our room looked different. I definitely like the refurbed room better.

disneynovember2012047.jpg

I was in LOVE with the pillows. I kind of wanted to steal the Maximus one…
disneynovember2012048.jpg

disneynovember2012049.jpg

Our Mickey towel anima! I wish I had someone to make me one of those everyday for my bed. Maybe Mum will start doing that for moi.
disneynovember2012050.jpg

We already started to make a disaster out of the room.
disneynovember2012051.jpg

Our powerful toilet and our shower. Seriously, those toilets are awesome.
disneynovember2012053.jpg

Our mini kitchen.
disneynovember2012054.jpg

Our porch.
disneynovember2012046.jpg

disneynovember2012044.jpg

This was our view. It was awesome! I loved it. Except I don’t love those off property—kills me to say those words—hotels.
disneynovember2012045.jpg

disneynovember2012043.jpg

I also noticed on our bed that there were some details of the Fox and the Hound on it. I thought that was really cute, but what the crap does it have to do with horses?!
disneynovember2012055.jpg

Then, it was time for STACEY!!!!!!!

Who, by the way, follows me on Instagram because I am just so cool and all.

I sat on the bed in front of the TV and I was memorized. Stacey, how I love thee.

I introduced Stacey to Mimi and she liked her, but for not very long. Don’t even get me started on that.

My grandmother on Stacy: "Oh, she's cute!"

Yes, that’s what she thought of her!

Then, all of a sudden, the new parts came on.

NEW FANTASYLAND ON MUST DO DISNEY

The fact that Stacey was in New Fantasyland made me jump up and down and scream. I was like “MUM GET YOUR BOTTOM IN HERE!” when it came on. (She was in front of the mirror fixing “the hair”).
Seriously, the new parts are awesome. I mean, when Stacey goes up to one of the gargoyles at Be Our Guest and says “Looks like he needs a pedicure!” *dies*

While we were in our room, our bags came. I was very happy because all of my pins were in there that I needed to trade!

Pretty soon, we headed down to the bus stop.

Ohmygod, the weather is GORGEOUS!

Seriously, it was awesome.

We got to the bus stop and waited FOREVER for a bus. Every single bus came except ours. Love when that happens.

FINALLY, one came after about 20 minutes and we got on and found a seat.

Heading to Hollywood Studios!

Let the fun begin!

NOT.​

You totally had the mirror image of our studio. We had the one directly across the pond from you. And then the rest of the time, we were right down the hall from you ......LOL. Sooo close.

So you talked about the stairs. And how many there were. You know there was an elevator, right ?? Just checkin'.

It is funny how you said the weather was so nice. Because us southern wussies thought it was kinda chilly that week. But it was always nice and sunny. We really did have nice weather. My DD wanted to swim more and we thought it was too cold for swimming.

I really liked staying in the Springs. Everyone else says they like Congress Park better because it has a nice view of DTD. But I liked being close to Artist Palate and the front desk. Oh, and the bus stop. It was lame being the last stop to be dropped off when you got back from the parks though. I had to listen to DH moan about that a couple of times - sigh.

I think it is hilarious how you talk about your mother and "the hair". Tell her I think it always looks nice though. Very blond and pretty.

Looking forward to reading more !!

You totally had the mirror image of our studio. We had the one directly across the pond from you. And then the rest of the time, we were right down the hall from you ......LOL. Sooo close.

So you talked about the stairs. And how many there were. You know there was an elevator, right ?? Just checkin'.

It is funny how you said the weather was so nice. Because us southern wussies thought it was kinda chilly that week. But it was always nice and sunny. We really did have nice weather. My DD wanted to swim more and we thought it was too cold for swimming.

I really liked staying in the Springs. Everyone else says they like Congress Park better because it has a nice view of DTD. But I liked being close to Artist Palate and the front desk. Oh, and the bus stop. It was lame being the last stop to be dropped off when you got back from the parks though. I had to listen to DH moan about that a couple of times - sigh.

I think it is hilarious how you talk about your mother and "the hair". Tell her I think it always looks nice though. Very blond and pretty.

Looking forward to reading more !!

That is ridiculous! I can’t believe that!
Yeah, we had no clue where the elevator was. I think we should’ve looked for it. :laughing:
When it is in the 20s here, we thought 60s-70s was so warm compared to what we have!
I loved The Springs! Yeah, I mean, Congress Park does have a better view of DTD, but, I wouldn’t want to walk five million miles to get to the Carriage House. Last time we stayed at SSR we were pretty close, in The Grandstand, I believe.
But, being the last stop was not the greatest. I didn’t think we would be since we were so close to the entrance. :confused3
I will tell her!
You better be ready for the next update! It shall be a good one…​

A whole chapter of ranting. You're welcome.

This should be one of the best updates ever. Seriously.

And yes, there will be a lot of ranting.

I’m warning you.

So, once we got to Hollywood, we admired the Christmas tree and headed through the turnstiles.
disneynovember2012058.jpg

disneynovember2012059.jpg

Once we got in, we headed down Hollywood Blvd. and headed straight to the hat because we were SUPPOSED to meet “the other people (minus one)” there. We sent them a text saying to meet us at the hat. We told them we were having dinner that night at HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS (to me it’s MGM, though).

Anyways, here are some pictures while I get my anger out (yes, still).
disneynovember2012060.jpg

As you can see, the crowds weren’t too bad that day.
disneynovember2012061.jpg

Disney has the BEST window displays.
disneynovember2012062.jpg

(they were supposed to be Rockettes!)

We checked the wait times, and everything was pretty long, of course.

disneynovember2012063.jpg

Oh look. It’s the HAT!
disneynovember2012064.jpg

So we went inside the pin shop and they had a GIANT pin board. I got a doombuggy license plate pin there.

We browsed at the pins for a few moments and then Mimi called Seth to see if they got to HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS yet.

These were the first words out of her mouth:
“You’re in line for what? Its a small world?”

I almost died right in the middle of the hat. Seriously, I almost wanted to start smashing my head against something. I needed one of those stress balls to squeeze…actually, I would just probably throw it at someone and then the Disney police would be after me, but whatevs.

I just wanted to scream. THEY WERE AT THE WRONG PARK. We texted them, told them, AND gave them a whole itinerary where we were eating on what days and what parks or resorts the restaurants were at. Do you think they looked at the 10000000 papers we gave them?!?!?!? THAT WOULD BE A NO.

I was furious. I told Mimi to hand me the phone (which was probably not the best choice) and talked to Seth.
He said that Troy wanted to meet Mickey so they went “to the park.” Oh, yeah, THAT HELPS BECAUSE THERE ARE FOUR CRAPPIN’ PARKS! And oh by the way, THE MOUSE IS AT ALL FOUR OF THEM!!!!!

Seth said that Troy wanted to go on some rides so they brought him on its a small world.

I told him they needed to get their butts over to Hollywood Studios ASAP so we could make it to dinner. I told him they would need an hour, just in case, for transportation. Then he asked “Oh, could we take the monorail over there? Troy really wants to go on the monorail.”

*facepalm*

I wanted to scream at him. Or at Jackie. JUST AT SOMEONE. I was about to lose it.

I told him that NOOOOOO you can’t take the MONORAIL to HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS and I told him they needed to take a bus.

Then the best thing that could’ve possibly happened, happened.

I lost him.

The phone went dead.

I quickly called back.

No answer.

Awesome.

I already couldn’t take it. I just wanted everything to work out. That didn’t happen. We just got to the park and EVERYTHING was going wrong. Half of our party was at the wrong park and we had no clue if they were coming to dinner.

We were off to a great start, as you can see.

Since they didn’t answer, I sent both of them a text saying that they needed to take a bus over to the right park. If they didn’t want to, then they needed to let us know ASAP because we NEEDED to know.

oh my dear god...

I didn’t know what to say at that point. I could tell that Mum was furious and Mimi was pretty mad at them.

To just get everything off of our minds, we headed to the Great Movie Ride, which was pretty much a walk on.

Anyone see the hidden Minnie? Anyone?
disneynovember2012065.jpg

Our guide, Jennifer, was super annoying. Just like some “other people” I know…

disneynovember2012066.jpg

“Chim chimney, chim chimney, chim chim cher-oo!”
disneynovember2012068.jpg

Then we got stuck in Munchkin Land for like 5 minutes. Just another thing to make me lose my mind! AWESOME!
disneynovember2012069.jpg

“Oh Toto, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore…”
disneynovember2012070.jpg

After our great ride through the movies—and by the way, we did get the Gangster scene ONCE AGAIN! —we headed towards Muppet Vision to have some laughs.

And before I go on, they didn’t write back yet.

Oh, Walt ♥
disneynovember2012071.jpg

Before going to the Muppets, we checked out the Writer’s Stop because we had never been in there before.

I loved it in there. I thought it was very cozy and I mean, they have food, so what’s better than that?!

“It’s time to play the music. It’s time to light the lights. It’s time to meet the muppets on the Muppet show tonight! Doo doo doo doo!”
disneynovember2012072.jpg

I showed Mimi the key under the mat. She didn’t seem that impressed or anything.

I hate people like that.

We got into the pre-show area and I admired all of the awesome details everywhere. Take a chance to check some of them out!
disneynovember2012073.jpg

As always, it was a great show, and like always, I couldn’t see a thing. Since I have 3D “issues.” I am so weird.

While we were in the show, Mum’s phone started buzzing. IT WAS A TEXT.

Thank the lords up above because it was Jackie saying that they were coming.

No, we weren’t happy still. Why you ask? Because of the text she sent us.

“Cool your jets!!!!!!!! We’re coming!”

COOL YOUR JETS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Are you kidding moi?! Yes we sent you like five texts wondering if you were coming, but it was all YOUR fault, you idiots! You were the ones that were at the wrong park and then you don’t text us back for an entire HOUR!!! So, you cool YOUR jets! How RUDE of you to say that to us, since we are VIPs and we are the ones who planned this whole entire trip when you did NOTHING! LOSERS!!!!

We went through SO much trouble to get the ADR we did for Thanksgiving and they didn’t even think it was a big deal at all. We checked WDW.com for MONTHS to get this ADR and now we were worried sick because we didn’t think we were going to be able to get in because half of our party was AT THE WRONG PARK. They thought it was going to be fine that they were late!

I am done now.

I’m sorry.

Had to get that off my chest.

BUT STILL!!!! Why the crap would you write back to us AFTER AN HOUR and say “Cool your jets!!!!!”

*takes a deep breath*

SOOOOOOOO, after we got out of Muppet Vision 3-DDDD, we looked around in the Studio One Shop for only a few minutes.
disneynovember2012074.jpg

Then it was 10 minutes before our ADR time. We had to go over and check in. I lead the way over to Echo Lake.

Up next: Would our dinner be fine? Would I be fine? WOULD WE EVEN GET AN APOLOGY?!​

OK. I would have dumped them then and there. Seriously. It was obvious that they wanted to do their own thing. I would have just let them and then enjoyed the rest of my trip without them. At least .... that is what I think now. Thanks for reminding me to never travel with MY family. Because I could totally see that happening with some people in my family. It is hard to travel in a big group. Especially when one of them is completely inconsiderate ....

"Then the video came on and I tried to hold the tears in when they showed the part where all of the parents are surprising their kids with a trip to Disney. TEARS. Oh my god, how can you NOT cry when they show that?! Gets me every time."

OMG my thoughts exactly. At every Disney Commercial.

That cookie looks delish...I want one..

I love the horse and jockey silhouette on the door number sign
AND OMG MAXIMUS!!!

The view is beautiful :love:

First, forgive me for multiple replies. Going chapter by chapter..and you know...I need post points ;)

"THE MOUSE IS AT ALL FOUR OF THEM!!!!!"
I can't. That is exactly what went through me head...but at the same time I couldn't believe it..

"I showed Mimi the key under the mat. She didn’t seem that impressed or anything. I hate people like that." That. Gets me SO AGGRAVATED!!!! UGH like my group of other people like were not impressed AT ALL at the GV at OKW. It's like...do you not realize you are in A HOUSE?!? not a hotel ROOM!?

“Cool your jets!!!!!!!! We’re coming!” = :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
how about we try paying attention, and being responsible AND aware of other people's plans? hmmmm

omg I forgot I was reading this chapter that took place on Thanksgiving... I can't imagine a Disney ADR ON thanksgiving was easy to get...and keeping said reservation...for Thanksgiving dinner...kinda important..

HELLO PEOPLE THANKSGIVING DINNER IS KINDA IMPORTANT

actually, everyday dinner is important but you know

OK. I would have dumped them then and there. Seriously. It was obvious that they wanted to do their own thing. I would have just let them and then enjoyed the rest of my trip without them. At least .... that is what I think now. Thanks for reminding me to never travel with MY family. Because I could totally see that happening with some people in my family. It is hard to travel in a big group. Especially when one of them is completely inconsiderate ....

I wish we could have done that. Since they hadn’t been to the parks in 20+ years, they were pretty much relying on Mum and I to bring them around everywhere and do everything for them. I just wish Mum and I could’ve gone off and done our own thing. That would have been soooooooo nice.

"Then the video came on and I tried to hold the tears in when they showed the part where all of the parents are surprising their kids with a trip to Disney. TEARS. Oh my god, how can you NOT cry when they show that?! Gets me every time."

OMG my thoughts exactly. At every Disney Commercial.

When any Disney commercial comes on, I just want to go into a corner and cry. But at the same time, I love em.

That cookie looks delish...I want one..

It was so yummy!

I love the horse and jockey silhouette on the door number sign
AND OMG MAXIMUS!!!

I really wanted to steal the Maximus pillow. People must do it often because there was a little sign in our room that said that if you steal anything, your KTTW card will be charged.

The view is beautiful :love:

I loved our view ♥

First, forgive me for multiple replies. Going chapter by chapter..and you know...I need post points ;)

Nah, don’t worry about it! And well YEAH, you needed more posts to put your TR up!

"THE MOUSE IS AT ALL FOUR OF THEM!!!!!"
I can't. That is exactly what went through my head...but at the same time I couldn't believe it..

They thought he was just going to be at “the park” and not anywhere else. HE IS AT THE ANIMATION BUILDING YOU LOSERS!

"I showed Mimi the key under the mat. She didn’t seem that impressed or anything. I hate people like that." That. Gets me SO AGGRAVATED!!!! UGH like my group of other people like were not impressed AT ALL at the GV at OKW. It's like...do you not realize you are in A HOUSE?!? not a hotel ROOM!?

THEY WEREN’T?!?! Your “other people” are messed up. A lot.

“Cool your jets!!!!!!!! We’re coming!” = :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
how about we try paying attention, and being responsible AND aware of other people's plans? Hmmmm

EXACTLY.

omg I forgot I was reading this chapter that took place on Thanksgiving... I can't imagine a Disney ADR ON thanksgiving was easy to get...and keeping said reservation...for Thanksgiving dinner...kinda important..

HELLO PEOPLE THANKSGIVING DINNER IS KINDA IMPORTANT

actually, everyday dinner is important but you know

We looked for SIX MONTHS for a reservation for Thanksgiving and “the other people” didn’t understand how IMPORTANT it was. AT ALL. Yes Thanksgiving dinner is important, and so is every other meal, because let’s be real. It includes food and food is awesome and they don't realize that, just like don't realize ANYTHING ELSE!!!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter