“Life is too short to eat food that doesn't taste good.” - Feb&March 2013 - Complete

Beer Tasting @ the Wave
When we had checked into BLT, in our activity sheet, there was a listing for a free beer tasting at the Wave on Saturday at 3pm. I hadn’t originally planned on going to it but we were back from the parks by 2:15pm & we didn’t have anything planned until dinner. I decided I wanted to go so my mother tagged along (but she drank wine as she hates beer) so I got to steal her samples that she didn’t drink beyond a teeny tiny sip.

It started about 10 minutes late & the bartender, Chris, doing the demo did keep having to be pulled away to serve other guests. Overall it took about an hour.

2 of the beers we had were rom the Orlando Brewing Company, which is the only Certified Organic Brewing Company in the state of Florida. The other beer was Yuengling.

Orlando Brewing Company Blonde Ale
QpmgLOJ.jpg

Yuengling
AvceTfZ.jpg

Orlando Brewing Company Brown Ale
oKSPQfF.jpg

Of the 3, I would probably drink the Blonde Ale again but I think I’ll keep with my Sweetwater Blue or Purple Haze for my go-to beers. These were small samples but for free alcohol at Disney, I was happy!

Snack from Contemporary Gift Shop
On our way back to Bay Lake Tower, we stopped by the gift shop and looked at the candy counter. I bought 2 treats to bring home to enjoy sometime later this week.

The Smore
Wv7k5Ih.jpg

Cookie & Cream Fudge
EOg2Ovd.jpg

Your wine dinner sounds amazing! Sorry you were away from your hubby on your anniversary. Chefs de France is a favorite of ours for lunch! Glad you enjoyed it!!

Your wine dinner sounds amazing! Sorry you were away from your hubby on your anniversary. Chefs de France is a favorite of ours for lunch! Glad you enjoyed it!!

It was truly amazing. At least an anniversary is just a day and we're going back together in a month to make up for it! Now just to really start planning it.

Narcoossee’s

As of the beginning of this past week, this meal was originally supposed to be for the Wave, but my mother asked me to see if we could get in Narcoossee’s as it had been a few years since she had last been. Shockingly, there was 1 spot for a table for 2 @ 5:50.

We checked in about 10 minutes early and were seated quickly right next to the window.

The menu!
cQRISK9.jpg

kHz2ph1.jpg

I got the Unique Wine Flight to Drink
hHI43N8.jpg

vDQxy8Q.jpg

(Yeah the glasses were a bit water spot stained weren’t they?)

Love their butter for their super soft sourdough!
oifu5jp.jpg

My mother went with 2 appetizers.

She started with the Hearts of Romaine
KYmXw5C.jpg

It was a good salad! It was a huge portion, which seems to be so odd nowadays at Disney.

For her entrée, she did the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes

YJXznXw.jpg

She enjoyed them but wasn’t too much of a fan of the sweet potato salad.

I went with the House-Made Fettuccini Scampi

I8HwS0A.jpg

I love how much they are using fresh pasta throughout Disney now. There was a ton of lobster & shrimp throughout the dish. Not being the biggest fan of the lobster, I ended up giving my mother most of that.

We looked at the dessert menu, but decided to skip it and get a drink at the Top of the World instead as we were staying at BLT after all.

Top of the World

We headed up to the Top of the World & sat at the bar. It was still 90 minutes before the fireworks so it wasn’t too crowded. The bartender seemed jaded and in a bad mood though so we only stayed for a single drink each as it was a pain to even get that first drink.

My mother had the Godiva Flight. 3 half ounce pours of white chocolate, milk chocolate & caramel.
Ql3mh49.jpg

I went with the Pimm’s Punch
p9g2wQe.jpg

I think I’ll stick with my Pimm’s drink @ The Pub.

View from outside
JCOI9zV.jpg

Contempo Café

On Friday, I had also bought a Worm & Dirt Cupcake and placed it in a to-go container to enjoy for breakfast or a snack or something. As I didn’t get dessert at Narcoossee’s, I decided to try some of it later in the evening while I repacked and posted my reports here.

EcJTFLq.jpg

I honestly shouldn’t have done that. It was really rich & reminded me of childhood. I dug out all my worms and had 2 bites of the cake and was finished. I felt bad wasting it but it isn’t like that would be something to keep after breaking it apart.

Contempo Cafe

The next morning my mother and I ended up waking up early, 6:30am early! My mother ran to the Contempo Cafe & got herself a chocolate milk and blueberry muffin. She enjoyed them. I skipped breakfast as I thought I would be going into the parks before getting home. As it was 7:30am when everyone was ready to leave & my mother to drive back to St. Augustine, I thought about waiting around for a park to open at 9am. I decided to just start driving home instead.

Such concludes this portion of my winter trips!

The Citricos wine dinner looked really good!!! My new Disney addiction is the Flatbread w/ Cream Fraiche, Onion & Bacon at Chefs. We shared one as an appetizer back in October and Johnny & I can't wait to go for lunch in three weeks and each have one all to ourselves.:laughing: We're staying at BLT and were wondering how the beer tasting was, may try it!

wow on your photos..
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your reviews and photos...I love to see the different foods and what people thought of them..

thanks again

The Citricos wine dinner looked really good!!! My new Disney addiction is the Flatbread w/ Cream Fraiche, Onion & Bacon at Chefs. We shared one as an appetizer back in October and Johnny & I can't wait to go for lunch in three weeks and each have one all to ourselves.:laughing: We're staying at BLT and were wondering how the beer tasting was, may try it!

I can see that flatbread becoming apart of my new disney addictions. I know my husband won't steal any from me due to his hatred of onions so it can be all mine when we go in July or October. (In March, we'll end up doing the new booths for lunch that day)

I liked the beer tasting, but I don't know if I would go out of my way to go to it if I wasn't staying in the MK area and wanted something relaxing in the afternoon. It was probably about a half a beer worth free.

Thanks for your reviews!

Glad you enjoyed them! Only a month until I'll add some more ;)

wow on your photos..
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your reviews and photos...I love to see the different foods and what people thought of them..

thanks again

Glad you enjoyed them! I sometimes get frustrated at myself over the photos b/c I go between my DSLR and my iPhone because sometimes its just quicker to use the phone.

We leave early Friday morning & finally have some plans. We're at OKW.

March 8th
Lunch - Pecos Bills most likely (I want that Taco Salad) but maybe Be Our Guest depending on the wait.
Dinner - Fulton's (my husband would never let me change that)

March 9th
Lunch - The booths @ Epcot
Dinner - Portobello's (Meeting w/ some friends)

March 10th
Going home early now thanks to the fact that we are moving (2nd time in 3 months but at least this is an in-town move) so we really need to start packing everything again.

Loved your reviews so far. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear someone else loves the Taco Salad at PB! First trip we had one (Oct. 2011) I enjoyed it so much that when we went back to MK a few days later for our last evening-I had it again.

You're so lucky you can go so often.... but then I'm only about a half hour away from Disneyland so I guess that's something! :cool1:

Can't wait to read more.

Glad you are still reading along : )

Loved your reviews so far. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear someone else loves the Taco Salad at PB! First trip we had one (Oct. 2011) I enjoyed it so much that when we went back to MK a few days later for our last evening-I had it again.

You're so lucky you can go so often.... but then I'm only about a half hour away from Disneyland so I guess that's something! :cool1:

Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for reading along! I do like the Taco Salad if I'm going for CS in MK as I'm still mourning the buffalo chicken sandwich they had like 10 years ago at Cosmic Rays so this is the next best thing for me. We usually do TS for lunch but as this one was so short, we were trying to maximize park time. (My husband hasn't been to Disney since Oct 2011) 2012 was a very light Disney year for me for the parks as we did Hilton Head and Cruise instead as we were living about 6 hrs away. I did get 1 day at Disneyland in May when I was in the area for a job interview (that didn't work out but hey I got to go to Disneyland finally for the first time) As we finally bought DVC, it makes going to Disney a lot easier along with being 3 hrs away now.

Big Top Souvenirs

After a very early morning (and a Red Bull Zero or two) we made it to Magic Kingdom for Rope Drop & a quick no-wait line for Space Mountain. We were hungry but I didn't want something super heavy as I was holding out for something else.

We went for a super healthy breakfast at Big Top Souvenirs!

My husband went for a chocolate chip muffin
DOuQ6M6.jpg

He thought it was ok. Nothing really special.

I however went for M&M Chocolate Covered Pretzel
ZUwkbwE.jpg

This was great! Not really breakfast but still good.

Then it was off for more Fantasyland!

Gaston's Tavern

vDUfDjo.jpg

A little later in the morning, we passed by Gaston's Tavern & I wanted to try Lefou's Brew

0nhkHjy.jpg

They were having issues this morning. It took us about 10 minutes to even get through a 2 person line because they apparently ran out of coffee & it took about 5 CMs to fix the issue & thus they pretty much stopped serving anyone waiting.

I ordered my Brew beverage only so it was cheaper & without the special mug or goblet as we don't need that. I loved it! It wasn't super sweet like I was expecting it to be but refreshing & really filling.

Pecos Bill

For lunch we headed to Pecos Bill.

I went for the taco salad . My picture I took was bad so it will never been shown in public.

I like it. Yes its on the blander side compared to the Taco Salad I get from some places near my work but as I turn it more into a salad with lots of lettuce & cheese & onions, it makes it a lot better.

My husband went with the Cheeseburger

My husband had sworn off Disney Burgers a couple years ago when the bun disappeared in his hands as he was eating it. It appears these buns have changed since the last time he had a burger as it didn't fall apart this time & by the time I had just really started eating my salad, he had finished his burger. I'm guessing thats a good sign ;)

Plaza Ice Cream Parlor

When we were leaving Magic Kingdom around 1, my husband wanted to stop by the Ice Cream Parlor for a Root Beer Float

It wasn't that good. The ice cream was freezer burnt so it didn't mix well with the root beer. My husband drank about half and then gave up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter