“Is there anything in my teeth?” “God I’m so full!!!” The Trip Report from 06/23-07/6

Did you just ask for the centerpiece when you checked in? I would LOVE to get this for DD. We are dining @ CRT for her B-day for lunch. I haven't ordered her a cake because we are dining at HDDR for dinner w/ our whole GG family. This would just be something special for our CRT meal. Thanks so much!
Loving your reviews.

Im really enjoying your reviews!! Do you request the pop up centerpiece at the podium?

Im really enjoying your reviews!! Do you request the pop up centerpiece at the podium?

first of all i just have to say sorry to everyone that i have not written in a while. its been crazy, with chynna starting college, the night out for the bridal party is tomorrow, my anniversary is the 23rd, we're going away next weekend, plus the wedding is the 26th so its just been hectic, and ive been sick! but i promise i will update soon and continue with the report. i have not given up! to everyones questions about the pop-up, i requested it when i made my reservations on the phone.

We got home two weeks ago tonight from the World and I hear ya about being crazy busy. I had the first week off when we got home and since I went back to work last Tuesday it's been nuts. My DD16 started grade 12 and everything that comes along with that.

Loving your review and pictures. We found the same thing this year as you did, please seemed rude and unhappy everywhere we went...it actually really started to annoy me...but I'm not going to get into it because I want to just keep my happy memories:lmao:;) at least that's what I keep telling myself.:rolleyes:

Loving your reviews, thanks for posting! I always have the lobster at Narcoossee's but that crab crusted halibut looks delicious and so glad to hear it was delicious. I will be trying that next week on our trip. Thanks again:thumbsup2

DSCI0303.jpg

Well she comes over and was talking to us and she noticed Mike’s hair was spiky. So she said to him, “Is someone going for the porcupine look tonight?”, to which mike responds, “No but are you going for the clown look?” well we were hysterical and so was the lady that walks around with the characters, that was standing behind our table. The stepsister replied, “Well that’s not very nice to insult my mother, she taught me how to do my makeup”. We could not stop laughing. When she left our table, I noticed she went up to the character CM and they were both hysterical and looking at Mike, so I think she got a real kick out of what he said.

DSCI0296.jpg

Then Prince Charming comes over. I have to admit, this was a good looking one and he wasn’t at all weird like most of them are! He came over and we took our pic with him, and I asked him if he could sign Chynna’s book, to which he said, “It’s ok if it is your book”, I said yes it is but it’s not. And then the classic….he looks at Mike and says, “Ya know it’s ok if it’s your book too” and Mike replies, “Ya got me, ya got me, it’s mine”. The Prince then lets out this laugh that you know was him so getting out of character and just kept on laughing and shaking his head as he walked away!

DSCI0298.jpg

Then of course Cinderella came out and we got our pic with her. Nothing special there, of course I love it when she comes out but they are always the same.

DSCI0301.jpg

So tonight I had ordered the new Princess box cake. I was waiting and waiting for it to come out. The waitress then brings out this placemat that had celebrate on it, and wished Chynna a happy birthday! Well I don’t know why, but she didn’t seem to notice the pin that said high school graduation on it. All of the characters did, but not the waitress. So now I’m mortified thinking, god what am I going to do if she comes out with this cake and sings happy birthday. So I told Chynna she was getting it and I said prepare yourself in case they sing and just go along with it. Thankfully the cake came out a few minutes later and they didn’t do anything. Here is a picture of it:

DSCI0302.jpg

So this meal would have cost us $116 OOP but it was 3 credits on the DDP. We also had to pay $15 for the cake. After dinner, we headed back to the room and went to bed, preparing ourselves for a very long day at EPCOT tomorrow.

Where did you get all the gifts that were delivered and the cakes? I would love to make our trip extra special this time for baby's 1st!!!

first of all i just have to say sorry to everyone that i have not written in a while. its been crazy, with chynna starting college, the night out for the bridal party is tomorrow, my anniversary is the 23rd, we're going away next weekend, plus the wedding is the 26th so its just been hectic, and ive been sick! but i promise i will update soon and continue with the report. i have not given up! to everyones questions about the pop-up, i requested it when i made my reservations on the phone.

Don't you worry, we all understand, that's the one great thing about these boards, we all seem to understand life...we aren't going anywhere....I look forward to reading more whenever you have time to post.

Great reviews. I love that you put them in Pink so it is easy to locate our posts. Not that I don't want to read everyones post but when you want to breeze through you can find the report. Thanks

June 28th Sunday MAGIC KINGDOM!!!

So today was the best day of the trip as far as I was concerned. This is my favorite place in all of Disney world. Plus I think I am kinda biased since I got engaged there! So we had to get up pretty early again, which Mike and Chynna were not too thrilled about, but oh well, they had to deal! We were up by 6:45 and off to wait for the bus. We got to the park and got in the line for the early breakfast. Our reservations were for 8:05am. We took some pics in the park early when nobody was around. I’m telling you, every time I walk in that park and see the castle, I just get chills and tear up.

DSCI0412.jpg

DSCI0414.jpg

So anyway, we got down to the castle and got in line for our reservations. We were the second group to get inside which was nice. I get this picture every time we go there because I just think its adorable…

DSCI0416.jpg

We got in line for our picture with Cinderella, which I know I am a dork, but I just get a huge smile when I see her. The picture from that morning was hysterical. I wish I had it on the computer. But Mike’s face was priceless. His eyes were half shut and he looked either exhausted or hungover. It was a perfect picture to explain the mood those two were in being awake so early.

We got upstairs and got to our table. We were a little worried that they had forgotten about our swords and wands but they didn’t! Mike and I both got the regular breakfast and Chynna got the healthy one. It was very good as usual. The regular breakfast consists of sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, and cream cheese stuffed French toast with blueberries on top, which Mike got more of. You also get orange juice, coffee, pastries, and fruit.

DSCI0417.jpg

DSCI0418.jpg

That morning we were all looking forward to that cup of coffee. So we ate and then the princesses started to come out.

There was Snow White….
DSCI0419.jpg

Aurora….
DSCI0420.jpg

Jasmine….which I hated because she was a twig and me and Chynna look huge next to her…
DSCI0421.jpg

Belle…
DSCI0422.jpg

We ate and had our magic time, I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t do anything for Chynna, but that was ok. The total OOP cost would have been $141.68, tip was included here, but on the DDP, it costs 2 credits per person. So then we headed back down to find that yes indeedy…ROPE DROP MAGIC KINGDOM 2009, dum, dum, dum!!!! Haha so yes we made yet another rope drop. We were squeezed into the castle area waiting. Then to our surprise, the Fairy Godmother came walking by greeting all of her guests. It seems that she helps with rope drop at the castle. And I still swear that she looks just like Paula Deen. So the rope went down and off we went into Fantasyland. We got done Small World, Phillharmagic, Peter Pan, Snow White, Winnie all by 9:30am. Today we were also trying to do some hidden mickeys, to find that none of us had that much patience to really do it right.

DSCI0425.jpg

DSCI0427.jpg

DSCI0428.jpg

DSCI0430.jpg

DSCI0431.jpg

DSCI0432.jpg

we then headed over to the Haunted Mansion. No matter how many times I ride this ride, I just love it!

DSCI0433.jpg

DSCI0434.jpg
I never noticed the red flower on there before, and when we went back on the ride on the fourth of July, it was gone. Thought that was interesting.

DSCI0435.jpg

then we headed over to Splash Mountain and did that. That was fun. We stuck Chynna in the front and she got soaked, but the only time I got wet was at one point something came shooting out across and really got me! They tried to go and do Big Thunder Railroad but it was shut down for some reason so they got a fastpass which we could use after lunch. Then we went over to Pirates and found these guys along the way. As you can see, I’m kind of wet. And let me just say, Peter Pan is WEIRD! He was making cat sounds at these girls in front of us, it was just really odd.

DSCI0436.jpg

DSCI0437.jpg

the rest of the day was kind of a blur. It was VERY hot that day and Chynna was getting very dehydrated. It was so bad that she was in the bathroom a lot, not throwing up, so you know what I mean. So on that day, we bought 9 waters total, OOP cost was $32.25, but it was 9 snack credits. Later in the day, she finally got better, the more water she drank, the better she felt. Then she was peeing the rest of the day!

We skipped Jungle Cruise and decided to do it when we came back. So then it was time to head over to lunch at Liberty Tree. It was nice to finally go freshen up and sit in the AC. For drinks, I just got a Perrier and Mike and Chynna got the Orange thing.

DSCI0438.jpg

for appetizers, which I forgot to take pics of, Mike got the Tavern cheese, and me and Chynna shared the spinach dip which was very good.

for lunch, I got the chicken salad….
DSCI0439.jpg

in my opinion, it was kind of gross. I should have just stuck to the Pilgrim’s Feast, which I always get.

Mike got the tri-corner sandwich….
DSCI0441.jpg
which he liked.

Chynna got the William Penn Pasta which she liked but said it was nothing special..

DSCI0440.jpg

for dessert, me and Mike both got the ooey gooey toffee cake, which I must say was unbelievable. It was like a warm melted huge chocolate chip cookie, with toffee on top and vanilla ice cream…WOW

DSCI0443.jpg

chynna got the caramel apple tart which she loved also

DSCI0442.jpg

OOP cost would have been $93.22 plus tip, but it was 3 credits total.

So then we went walking around and went in the Christmas shop where I got a flag that is blue and white and silver that has the castle and lights up that I can hang outside. I was very excited about this. All of my Christmas decorations are icy blue, white, and silver and are mainly Disney things. Then we headed back to Frontierland. They got on the Big Thunder while I waited and talked to my mom on the phone. We then headed over to Toon Town and looked around. We wanted to see the Pixies but it was like an hour wait, so we skipped that and walked around the tent shop. We went into Mickey’s house and took some pics…

DSCI0445.jpg

DSCI0446.jpg

DSCI0450.jpg

DSCI0451.jpg

we attempted to go into Minnie’s house but I think she forgot to pay her electric bill because it was like a sauna in there so we walked back out. Then we went to Tomorrowland. Now Mike and Chynna were very upset that Space Mountain was closed. I was upset that the Transit Authority was because this is where I usually go when he is on Space. Plus I just love the ride because it is so relaxing and cool. I sit and ride it over and over. But oh well. We went onto the Carousel of Progress, which I love and Mike hates, but Chynna was never on it. After that, we went to Buzz and got a fastpass and then went on Stitch. I think that ride is stupid but Chynna never did it, so we did. Then we went back to Main Street and went shopping. Mike bought me a ring that has tiny diamonds and mickey heads on it. Its really pretty. We took our time because our reservations at the Crystal Palace weren’t until 6. we caught the 5 oclock flag thing at City Hall, which was really cool and gave you chills just watching it. Then we decided to head over to Crystal, to just sit and wait. We caught some of the new parade from afar and were jamming to the music.

We finally checked in around 5:45. it was packed! Then we waited, and waited, and waited. We didn’t get called back until 6:30, which did not please Mike at all. We got to our table and they had streamers all over it for Chynna’s graduation. Now tonight was supposed to be the cake I ordered for her. It was even on the slip, so I made sure she didn’t see that, and I also made sure me and Mike didn’t eat too many desserts. The food here is always good. Just your typical buffet, but I prefer their breakfast more. At one point we were up getting food, and all of a sudden chynna jumped. Tigger had come up behind her and stood with his nose directly in front of her when she turned around. She started laughing, so he was laughing too. He then started mimicking everything she did. It was so cute. So we got pictures with the following…
Tigger…
DSCI0452.jpg

Eeyore then came over all sad and came right up to me and gave me a huge hug. I was so thrilled because next to Cinderella and Chip and Dale, he is one of my favs!

DSCI0453.jpg

then Piglet…

DSCI0455.jpg

then Pooh. Now Pooh was interesting. We were seated right next to the window and the people outside kept on pressing their faces against the window while we were eating. Which Mike found really funny because he was doing it right back to them. It was hysterical. But Pooh noticed they were doing it. So he went up to the emergency exit door, which was right behind our table, and pressed his face against it. He then was acting like he was stuck and couldn’t get out the door. Then there was music on, so he started dancing, and we were saying out loud just to each other, “Look at Pooh shake his booty” he must have heard us because he started dancing and shaking his butt all over. It was so funny. Then he came over to the table and signed Chynna’s book and when he signed it, he pointed to his name. I said “Yes Pooh, that’s you!” he kept on pointing at it and this went on for like 5 minutes. Then before he left, he took our Key to the World card and tried to eat it. I said “Pooh, that’s not food” he giggled and walked away.

DSCI0454.jpg

so now we’re waiting and waiting for this cake. I didn’t want to say anything to the waitress because it would have given it away. Now the slip said that the cake was to say “Congratulations Chynna!”. Well she brought us our check and never brought the cake. So then I said to Chynna that I was sorry. So in the kitchen was a cake for her that the stupid waitress never brought out. She was really bad too with drinks and everything. So I was very disappointed with that, but it saved me $30 so whatever. This meal OOP would have been $111.80 plus tip but it was 3 credits.

So then we headed up to our favorite spot on top of the train station to just sit and relax and position ourselves for the parade and the fireworks. Well it was packed at like 7:30. there were no seats whatsoever. So we stood there for a while and waited. After waiting for a while, we decided since we already saw Wishes from Narcoosee’s that we would just skip it. And Spectromagic was not being held that night so we just went home and beat the crowd.

great updates. Love reading your reviews. We love eating at CP every time we go to Disney...its a must for my husband and son (my son loves the character interaction and my husband likes the food selection especially the salmon).

I just found this thread and I love your report!

I'm 24 and have made some character meal ADR's for my upcoming trips. I haven't had any character interaction on my last few trips because I felt kinda silly about it at my age. But I'm glad to see 3 of my peers enjoying the characters and not feeling like silly dorks because of it. So thank you! :goodvibes

oh no problem!!! hey my feelings are when you go to disney, you become a kid again and you're there to have fun! so enjoy, be a dork, who cares!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter