“I’ve got a very bad feeling about this.” Jan 2015 - Rebel Challenge - Complete

I'm taking my first trip to DL so it was great to read about some of your experiences! I will be running the Disneyland Half Marathon there. The expo looks crazy!

We were debating for restaurants whether we wanted to do Cafe Orleans or Blue Bayou. I'm leaning toward Cafe Orleans because I've heard very mixed things about Blue Bayou. But I think we will be at Carthay Circle! I am also planning Naples for the night before the race because I will need a good carb load.

Is the Peter Pan ride the same as at WDW or is it different? I know some rides are very similar and some are quite different.

Great job on the 10k and picking up your pace! That's hard to do, especially toward the end of a race. It's really cool to see all of the Star Wars characters! And the half too, finishing a half marathon is a big deal! Congrats!!

I'm taking my first trip to DL so it was great to read about some of your experiences! I will be running the Disneyland Half Marathon there. The expo looks crazy!

We were debating for restaurants whether we wanted to do Cafe Orleans or Blue Bayou. I'm leaning toward Cafe Orleans because I've heard very mixed things about Blue Bayou. But I think we will be at Carthay Circle! I am also planning Naples for the night before the race because I will need a good carb load.

Is the Peter Pan ride the same as at WDW or is it different? I know some rides are very similar and some are quite different.

Great job on the 10k and picking up your pace! That's hard to do, especially toward the end of a race. It's really cool to see all of the Star Wars characters! And the half too, finishing a half marathon is a big deal! Congrats!!

You are going to have so much fun for your first trip to Disneyland! That is great you are doing the Disneyland Half for your Coast to Coast! I hope your expo isn't as crazy as the Star Wars one was with the official merchandise. I have a feeling it won't be (Star Wars fans tend to be all over the merchandise it seems based on what I saw at Star Wars Weekends as well)

I would learn towards Café Orleans as well. Back in May 2012 when I did that one day trip in the midst of an interview trip, I had lunch there. I really enjoyed it! My husband still mentions how bad Blue Bayou was when we discussed our trip for next year. Carthay Circle was such a wonderful surprise on how much we liked it! The service and food were exactly what I wanted. Naples is pretty much just Disneyland's Via Napoli which is perfect for pre-race. We will do the same again next year for Star Wars as well.

The ride is a bit different in the sense that the various displays are much smaller than WDW. I remember looking at the mermaid scene and saying how tiny it was. The order of some of them are a bit different as well but you get the same experience flying through. I loved Its A Small World at Disneyland where as we always skip it at Magic Kingdom. Pirates was much better as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter