“Dear Disney, please stop making me eat dessert!” A Free Dining + F & W Dining Review

Great reviews so far!! I have always wanted to try RR, I have heard amazing things about th bread pudding.

Hollywood Studios was the day I was looking forward to the least, in terms of food. Its a long running perception that HS has the worst food of all the parks. One day I will be able to eat at Hollywood Brown Derby, and maybe my opinions will change! :p But I have to agree with the this general sentiment.

Lunch was pretty tricky. I looked online and the QS options were weak! I chose Starring Roles, after reading others reviews of how bad all the other QS places were. I couldn't really find anything about Starring Roles. So, I figure - no review is better than bad reviews!?!?:confused3

Well, I was right! :) Starring Roles was great for a quick easy lunch! FYI it is only open 'til 2 p.m. , so get there early!

20140917_120727.jpg

20140917_120717.jpg

DH had the Ham Sandwich & I had the Turkey Sandwich. Both came on a Herb Focaccia with a Pesto Mayo. These suckers were MASSIVE & delicious! The bread was fresh, the meat was stacked high and the pesto was a great surprise. The sandwiches come with your choice of chips or fruit. I chose the chips & DH picked a banana.

Then there was dessert! We both picked cupcakes. DH picked out the Butterfinger Cupcake and I chose the Olaf Carrot Cake Cupcake.
These cupcakes are no joke!:lmao: I loved the Olaf. One he's adorable, and two he was yummy! The cupcake was fresh, the cake was moist and the cream cheese frosting wasn't too sweet. I ate about 1/2, before I was stuffed.
DH loved his cupcake, but thought it was too rich to eat a lot of it. I think he ate about 1/2, as well.

20140917_121618.jpg

Butterfinger Dissection-Chocolate Cupcake filled with Chocolate Fudge, with Vanilla Frosting encrusted in crushed Butterfingers! :worship:

After a surprisingly good lunch and several more hours at HS, it was time for Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In. The last time I ate at Sci-Fi was when I was 15, I knew the food wouldn't be great, but I knew DH would like the theming, since he had never eaten at any of HS restaurants.

2014-10-04%2011.00.03%201.jpg

Sci-Fi was just ok.... which i was expecting, so I wasn't disappointed at least!:thumbsup2

Our waitress was good, nothing that stood out towards us, but very nice. She spent a lot more time with the other family in our car, because the Mom had food allergies-which I was fine with, and did a stellar job with them! I was curious about how a chef would handle allergies, since I've heard great things, but the chef here couldn't have cared less about this lady.
He just looked at her and said "why are you eating here if you are allergic to everything?"
Seriously, If I were her I would be furious. How rude! :worried:
The waitress ended up doing a better job of helping the lady come up with a meal to eat than the chef!

Anyways, back to our meals!

I had the The Famous All American Picnic Burger: Flame-broiled Angus Burger Patty topped with Grilled Hot Dog, Sauerkraut, and Sautéed Onions, crowned with a Pickle Spear.

20140917_182326.jpg

I figured- When in Rome, right? Wrong!
This burger had NO flavor. The burger was cooked almost right ( I asked for Medium, it was cooked a little more than I would have liked, but I never get burgers cooked how I want anywhere! ) I couldn't taste any of the onions or Sauerkraut. It was ok once I added a bunch of Mustard and Ketchup, but I should have just ordered the Build-Your-Own Burger instead.
The fries were good though.

DH ordered the Flame-broiled New York Strip Steak
topped with Blue Cheese Butter and served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and crispy Onion Rings.

20140917_182319.jpg

I know the flash doesn't make this look appetizing. But this was actually great!
DH ordered the steak Medium rare, and it came out...medium rare!:thumbsup2
He loved the Blue Cheese Butter on top, and the steak was nice and tender.
His Potatoes were thick and creamy, no boxed stuff there! He couldn't get enough of his veggies, I don't know what it was that made them so tasty, but he could have a a whole plate!.

The one cool thing about Sci-Fi is the fact that you can get milkshakes as your drink! I had the cookies & cream and DH had a chocolate!

20140917_181121_1.jpg

2014-10-06%2007.36.08%201.jpg

Oh! He would kill me if he knew I posted this!:lmao:

After Milkshakes, it was time for dessert! :laughing: Don't Judge it was vacation! See!?!? My DR Title is starting to make since!

I had the Warm Glazed Doughnut Stacked with Cinnamon Apples & topped with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce. Seriously?!?! What was this amazingly absurd dessert? This was really good. We could only have a few bites though-way to much to handle!

20140917_185050.jpg

DH had the House-made Sci-Fi Candy Bar: White and Dark Chocolate Mousse layered with crispy Pearls sandwiched between Sponge Cake and dipped in Chocolate Ganache. DH loves Chocolate and even this was a bit too rich for him. (or it could have been the fact that he had already had a Butterfinger cupcake & a chocolate milkshake) We, once again only had a few bites.

20140917_185058.jpg

So the ultimate question. Would we eat at these places again?

Starring Roles: YES! Definitely!

Sci-Fi: No. Once was enough. It was fun to experience, but I wouldn't do it again.

We actually, originally, wanted to eat at 50's Prime Time. DH was drooling over the Meatloaf & Fried Chicken. But when I told him that the CM are in character, it really turned him off. I remember going when I was much younger and I disliked the "acting" so much I cried during our meal! I was extremely shy and the whole experience was mortifying to me! Now that I know you can order the menu at the Tune-in lounge, we might give that a try next time!

RR is one one of my all time favorite places to dine! I cannot say enough great things about the tons of meals we have had there. Holy cupcake I just gained a pound looking at those from Starring Rolls. I have never had one from there, as when I am at Disney I am normally so full I get turned off by them, but what I would not give for a taste of one of those Olaf cupcakes right now after my lunch :rotfl2:

Loving your report so far. Can't wait to do Raglan again, I missed out on the bread and butter pudding the first time. I know better now!

Love your reviews, its so funny I just updated my DR with the same info about Raglan. SERIOUSLY how was that braised beef SOO good. I can't wait to go back to Raglan. Looking forward to reading your reviews :banana:
Great Minds think alike!:thumbsup2

Great reviews so far!! I have always wanted to try RR, I have heard amazing things about th bread pudding.
I would go back just for dessert!

RR is one one of my all time favorite places to dine! I cannot say enough great things about the tons of meals we have had there. Holy cupcake I just gained a pound looking at those from Starring Rolls. I have never had one from there, as when I am at Disney I am normally so full I get turned off by them, but what I would not give for a taste of one of those Olaf cupcakes right now after my lunch :rotfl2:
These cupcakes are no joke! We would have never gotten them if it weren't on the dining plan. But it was great to try so many new things!

I love the cupcakes at Starring Rolls. They are so amazing!
Ours were great. A lot of people don't care for them :confused3, but they certainly got an A+ in my book!

Loving your report so far. Can't wait to do Raglan again, I missed out on the bread and butter pudding the first time. I know better now!
I cant wait to go back to RR either! I could plan a whole trip around that bread pudding!:rotfl2:

Today was my 28th Birthday, so of course I HAD to eat at The Beast's Castle (Cinderella's Castle is sooooo last Season! :rotfl2:)

After the world's longest wait for a bus from CSR to MK, we finally made it for the last little bit of EMH. DH hadn't eaten any breakfast, so around 9:00 and several rides, he was starving! He asked where he could get "something small" to hold him over until lunch. We had just exited The Little Mermaid and Gaston's Tavern was staring at us!

2014-10-09%2002.45.50%201.jpg

"How about a cinnamon bun?" I said, not knowing the Beastly, sugary monster we were about to consume!

Gaston's Tavern was already busy, right at 9 a.m. (regular park opening). People were even getting those massive Pork Shanks at 9 a.m.! To each is own....

2014-10-09%2002.48.20%201.jpg

We ordered the Cinnamon Bun as a Snack Credit. While DH was in line, I looked around the Tavern. I loved the design and styling! I wanted to get my picture in Gaston's chair so bad, but there was a line forming to sit there! There were no seats available so we sat outside at one of the shaded Umbrella tables.

2014-10-12%2003.06.41%201.jpg

2014-10-12%2003.07.31%201.jpg

Some size comparisons for ya'. It was literally the size of my head!

I really wanted to try a LeFou's Brew this trip, but it was just too early for all that sugar. DH enjoyed his Cinnamon Bun. I only had two bites. He scarfed down the rest.

20140918_113619_1.jpg

Our BOG FP+ time was for 11:35-12:05. We arrived around 11:40.

2014-10-10%2009.01.39%201.jpg

2014-10-12%2004.34.00%201.jpg

I'm going to start with the bad (bad may be too harsh of a term, lets go with CONFUSING).

We found BOG to be a cluster---- of people. We weren't sure why people were standing around blocking the entrance, and if we could just cut in front of them? We finally squeeze over to a CM, and we tell them we have a FP+. We then had to squeeze our way around a lot of other people just standing around to get to the check in desk. Seriously Disney...there is a thing called crowd control, learn it!:confused3

2014-10-12%2004.29.39%201.jpg

We make our way to the inside entrance and were asked about 10 times if we had a FP+, and if we already ordered our meals. We Did! I assumed we would just scan our MB and be on our merry way to a table. NOPE! I think the CMs were confused about who belonged in which line, because they were telling people to go wherever, and the poor CM at the front of the line, right before you get to the Kiosk, looked so stressed out from people being in the wrong lines! It took us about 15 minutes before we were ushered to a Kiosk. Now I was confused, hadn't we already placed our orders? We go to this really sweet lady's Kiosk stand, and she seemed confused when I tell her we already ordered online. She apologized and we just reordered our meals, not a big deal.

2014-10-12%2004.31.51%201.jpg

As you can see CONFUSED was the word of the day here at BOG. No one really seemed to know what was going on, including us!:rotfl:

After all that, it was time to choose a room. The Library? Boring The Ballroom? Too crowded The West Wing? Dark, Dreary and Empty. Perfect!

20140918_120738.jpg

Our food was brought out just a few minutes after we sat down. It did take DH a few minutes to hunt down utensils though!

I had the Tuna Niçoise Salad– Warm Seared Tuna Steak, chilled Green Beans, Potatoes, Olives, Roasted Bell Peppers, Tomatoes and a Hard Poached Egg.
This was so good. I couldn't believe this salad came from a WDW QS restaurant! I mean look at that tuna! It was cooked perfectly! A+ Food for sure!

20140918_115256_1.jpg

DH had the Braised Pork – Eight Hour Slow-cooked Pork with Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots and Bacon served with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans Jardiniere. I tried to take a photo of his meal, but is was so dark in the West Wing that it came out as just a blurry mess! His meal was really filling and delicious as well. I thought for sure the pork was going to be all fat, but it was great!

20140918_115312_1.jpg

20140918_115322_1.jpg

For dessert we both had cupcakes. He ordered the Strawberry & I ordered the Master's Cupcake ( cookies & cream is "the grey stuff" if you really wanted to know).
We both loved the size of these cupcakes, a.k.a. NORMAL SIZED. We could actually eat theses with out feeling like monsters after! ( I'm looking at you DHS cupcakes!) These cupcakes were so light a fluffy! The flavors were outstanding. Another A+ for a QS restaurant.

Would we go back again? Yes....but only if we don't have to wait in a crazy line to eat here. We were lucky to get those FP+. Now there is that rumor going around that they are changing BOG lunch around again, so only time will tell. I would love to eat dinner here one day. Maybe by the time I come to WDW again the hysteria will have died down a bit.

Up Next: Dinner at Artist Point

Loving your review!! I absolutely had planned on a Starring Rolls cupcake this trip and it didn't happen. And I was even IN starring rolls. At the time I was fine with it, but now I'm sad :)

Can't wait to read more!

We are hoping for a FP+ for December. We had dinner at BOG last Sept and it wasn't very good, food nor service :( The salad looks delicious as do the cupcakes! Fingers Crossed :):):)

Really enjoying your dining review, and the photos. We will be on the dining plan for the first time ever on our next trip. Normally DH and I are the "eat quick service whenever we're hungry" type people, just want to grab a bite to eat, get it over with, and get on with our day at whichever park we're in. :)

But. This trip we've been invited to go along with our DD and her family and her DH's parents and they are all on the dining plan and DD has made several table service reservations for all of us, so when the January promotions came out I called and we ended up adding the dining plan to our package for just $355 (8 nights) so knowing we had all those reservations (Be Our Guest dinner, Coral Reef, 50's Prime Time, Akershush, Crystal Palace, etc.) it was a no-brainer to add it. :)

Sunshine Seasons is always a favorite of ours for quick service, and I know DH is going to want one of those HUGE cinnamon rolls at Gaston's too! :)

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

We left off after eating Lunch at BOG. We went back to our Hotel for a few hours to cool off/nap! Then it was time to head to Artist Point.

I decided that I wanted to take the boat from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge. I feel like, while longer, it would be a much more enjoyable trip. DH had never been to any of the resorts, so I really wanted him to experience the boat and the monorail (one down, one to go). I wasn't sure how long it would take to get from CSR to WL, so we left extra early for our 7:40 reservation.

By the time we arrived to the MK boat dock, the skies had opened up in the distance, and there was a wall of rain in the distance, towards WL. I was worried we wouldn't get to ride the boat, but we made the last boat before they stopped transportation. It started to Thunder and Lightening about half way through the ride. I was so excited for DH to walk through the wooded path at the boat dock and see it open up into the beautiful scenery of the waterfall...and then we see it....A WALL! :eek: DOH! I forgot they had just started construction on the pool area. Oh well, no grand entrance for DH!

We had to enter through the QS food court, ugh.
Well, DH was impressed, regardless, when we reached the lobby. It was only 6 p.m. when we arrived. so we waked around the Hotel lobby and around to the front so that he could finally get the GRAND ENTRANCE VIEW! :lmao: Now he could see why deluxe hotels are called DELUXE!

2014-10-16%2007.09.29%202.jpg

it was 7:00 pm and we still had 40 minutes before our reservation. We went to the Territory Lounge, for a drink ( and maybe fondu ;)). DH went to let the hostess know that we were there, but she said we could be seated then. No drinks or melted cheese for me! :(

we were sat across from one of the beautiful mural walls, right next to the window that looks out over the lake. The rain stopped, just in time for the sunset! There was also a wall partition behind my seat which made it seem much more private! Perfect seats.

20140918_192358.jpg

Our waiter was Carlos. He was great. I always feel a little weird going to fancier restaurant because DH and I look so young, but Carlos didn't blow us off at all. He was very informative, but funny. He could definitely read his customers. I noticed at his other table, full of "suits", he was very serious - but with us he was cracking jokes the whole time! Thats how you do it folks!

Carlo made his spiel on how the DDP worked at signature restaurants, and that if we wanted anything else it would be extra. He went over his favorites on the menu, and gave great recommendations.

For drinks DH ordered a coke and I ordered the Washington (white wine) Flight. I thought this was a great deal at only $17 for 3 6oz. pours.

We ordered the Portobello Soup as a starter. He asked if we wanted to share, and said he would give us each our own bowl, so we wouldn't fight over it. :thumbsup2

20140918_192829.jpg

This was the best soup I have ever had in my whole life. DH who hates mushrooms even loved this soup. Seriously, I would have licked the bowl, if it was socially acceptable. :rotfl:

We were also served fresh warm bread with Black Sea Salt and Olive Oil. The bread was good, but is it really that hard to mess up bread? :confused3

2014-10-16%2006.59.40%201.jpg

I Ordered the Buffalo • Buffalo • Buffalo. I can remember the description, and it is not listed on the website. But it was Buffalo Tenderloin, served with Macaroni and Buffalo Sausage.

20140918_194427_1.jpg

Carlos recommended the Buffalo Medium Rare, so Medium Rare it was! The Buffalo was tender and perfectly cooked. The sausage was really flavorful, and a little spicy. I just wish there was more than the two pieces of sausage.

DH ordered the Filet Mignon with seasonal squash.

20140918_194442_1_1.jpg

His Filet was cooked perfectly - Medium Rare. He said it was one of the best steaks he has ever eaten. His only compliant is that there wasn't a lot to the plate, other than the steak and a few tiny cute squashes. He ate some of the macaroni off my plate. He said if the filet had come with the macaroni,instead of that puree, it would have been perfect!

For dessert, we broke our rule on not ordering the same thing, and I'm so glad we did! OH MY GOD! The berry cobbler was the best! Between this and the dessert at Raglan Road, all other desserts will be a disappointment. We both ate every last bit of our desserts! :love:

20140918_201525_1.jpg

I also asked if I could order a French Press Coffee, since we were on the DDP and I hadn't used my non-alcoholic drink yet. Carlos, said "of course", and said I could also get espresso or cappuccino as my drink as well. DH and I split the French Press. The coffee here was delicious & went perfectly with the berry cobbler.

After our amazing meal at Artist Point, our original plan was to take the boat back to MK, just in time to see Wishes. What a perfect way to end your birthday! Well, Mother Nature had other plans. It decided to pour down rain, and another thunderstorm came along. The Boat wasn't running, and Wishes was canceled. :worried: We ended up having to take a bus to DTD, and transfer back to CSR. This trip was over an hour in total. By the time we were back to CSR, we were exhausted and had a early day at AK the next day!

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park at WDW. I know a lot of people dislike it...and I cant figure out why!:)

We arrived at 8 a.m. for EMH, to an empty park. :cool1: There were maybe 50 other people there at 8 a.m. Anyways, because we arrived so early, 11:00 am on the dot we were in line to eat lunch at Flame Tree BBQ.

I have a confession to make – I have never eaten anywhere else at AK! Don't get me wrong, I love Chinese food, but I also cant stand paying a lot of $$ for delivery grade Chinese. I also booked breakfast at Tusker House for our last day, but canceled the reservation because we wanted to sleep in instead.

One day I will spread my wings, but until then, Flame Tree BBQ is always a good choice.

At 11 a.m. we walk up to the line, and it was already long. Seriously? Who eats lunch this early? :lmao:

The wait wasn't long for a cashier and they had CM directing you to registers. BUT as luck has it, the lady in front of us started to argue with the Cashier saying she wanted to exchange her dessert on the DDP for french fries. She went crazy on him, and he was so sweet and polite the whole time. I'm glad they didn't give in. I don't think people should ever be rewarded for being nasty & rude. She also realized the hoard of hungry customers rolling their eyes at her, and the mumbling of not so nice things behind her. Non of which came from me, of course! :littleangel:

We ordered our food, once again the cashier was super sweet and friendly. I found a trend that our QS cashiers were always the nicest people, and always willing to chat. Most were much nicer than our TS waiters.

I ordered the BBQ sandwich, with a side of coleslaw and the Key Lime dessert.

20140919_120245_1.jpg

The BBQ was perfect. The bottom bun was a little too soggy, but it didn't really bother me too much. This is such a big portion of BBQ, I think I could only eat half of the sandwich before I was full!

Side note: You see those fries in the background? I guess if you want free fries it pays to be nice! :rotfl: I found the fact that they gave us fries hilarious, considering the lady throwing a hissy fit in front of us in line. :rotfl2:

DH ordered the Ribs & Chicken. He ate every last crumb on his plate! He didn't even have to say anything, he loved his meal. :thumbsup2

20140919_120233_1.jpg

Now Fries weren't the only free surprise we received! Check out this little gem I found in my dessert!

20140919_121136_1.jpg

Yep! That's right Ladies and 'Gents. A bread tag disguised in the whipped cream. :crazy2:
I realize that this is gross, and unacceptable. But I wasn't really that upset about it. I actually thought it was pretty funny. Maybe Ive worked around food for too long?!?

I just walked up to the food "pick up" window and asked for a new one. The CM seemed far more mortified than I was. I think I confused them with my lack of anger. :p

Other than the bread tag, our meal was awesome. I love the view from down by the lake, looking out at Everest.

Will we be back? I would love to try somewhere else at AK, but I love my Flame Tree BBQ too much!

Up Next - Dinner at Boma

After a fun morning / afternoon at Animal Kingdom, DH & I hung out at our Hotel for a few hours, before it was time to head out for dinner at Boma at AKL. We hopped on a bus to DHS and transferred to the AKL bus. It only took about 30 minutes total. I gave us over an hour and a ½ to get there!! :rotfl: Overly prepared...once again!

20140919_180825_1.jpg

Notice DH's head in the corner, looking up in awe of the AKL!

Since we arrived for our 7:20 reservation over an hour early, we walked around the lodge for a little bit & checked out the animals roaming around. While we were walking around outside it started to POUR rain!

2014-11-13%2007.21.11%201.jpg

AKL Lodge animals, before the storm!

We ran inside & decided to grabbed some drinks at the Victoria Falls Lounge. I ordered the Mt. Kilimarita – a delicious blend of Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila, Van der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, Sweet and Sour with a splash of Cranberry Juice. It might look small, but it packs a mighty punch!

20140919_184051.jpg

Mt. Kilimarita

DH ordered the Smokey Turkey - Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon, Red Stag Black Cherry Bourbon, Grenadine, and Odwalla Lemonade with a hint of Hickory Smoke garnished with Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries. We both thought this was great! And was one of the only “manly” cocktails on the menu. :lmao:

20140919_184254.jpg

Smokey Turkey

After we had our drinks we still had a little time to waste, so we went to check in early. Boma was packed! And so was the lobby! We checked in around 7:10 (for out 7:20 reservation) and were seated around 7:40. :rolleyes2
The only plus side to it taking so long to get seated was that, by the time we were at our table, the restaurant had cleared out.
Thank goodness, because it was unbearably packed between 7–7:30.

The last time I had been to Boma was in 2001 ( my mom and I stayed during their grand opening week!:cheer2:) I remember really enjoying it when I was younger, but knew I would appreciate all of the flavors more now as an adult. I knew it was a good choice for DH and I, since we both enjoy African & Indian flavors, and it wouldn’t cost us 2 DDP credits each, like Jiko would. :thumbsup2

I wish I could remember everything I ate, but I will say that DH and I agreed to not get anything “normal” from the menu! (that means no mac & cheese or chicken fingers.)

We started with the Hummus' and breads – all great!

DH had a salad next and I got a curry seafood stew – what a deal, this soup was full of mussels and scallops! Definitely not your average buffet food!
I wanted to try all the soups, because they all looked fantastic! But alas, my stomach is not never ending :sad1:

20140919_193946_1.jpg

Curried Seafood Stew, after I ate a lot of the seafood out of it already!

20140919_193956_1.jpg

20140919_195556.jpg

Various Appetizers & Salads

DH and I both had the Lamb and the Spice crusted Beef. DH also had the Salmon wrapped in Banana Leaves. ( I can't eat fish, but DH said it was awesome)

20140919_195539.jpg

We tried all of the desserts, neither of us really cared for any of them, yes ever the Zebra Domes! :confused3

20140919_201115.jpg

Beautiful Dessert plate!

Our waiter was very nice and attentive. Even with the table next to us, full of businessmen, ordering lots and lots of wine. They must have been important, because they seemed to be getting a lot of attention from the whole staff. The Managers and the Head Chef kept coming over to their table to chat and bring them “Special, one of a kind treats."
Way to make the rest of us feel less special, Disney – geez! ;) Oh well!

Would we go back to Boma? Yes- but maybe not next time ( unless we stay at AKL). I think next trip I want to try Saana out.

If you have never been to Boma though, I highly recommend it. There is something for everyone- from your picky eaters to your most adventurous family members. Everyone will leave full & happy!

Up Next : Food & Wine Festival

Today was one of the first days we slept in (my DH was so happy for this). We woke up around 10:00 a.m. and grabbed some pastries from Cafe Rix.
2014-11-14%2009.47.59%201.jpg

Giant Cinnamon Buns for us! Hey? Its vacation after all! ;)

This was also the only time on our trip that we used our refillable mugs. If these weren’t included with our free dining package, we would never have gotten these. What a waste!

20140920_132932_1.jpg

Our adventures of Food & Wine ended up being mainly just food, due to our extra strong margaritas right when we got there!

We arrived on the very first Saturday of Food & Wine so we knew it was going to be chaotic. What I thought was crowded, ended up being fairly manageable, after seeing may other people's reviews and photos. I guess its all relative. :confused3

Our first stop was La Cava Del Tequila. We waited, in what I thought was a long line – about 20 minutes.

20140920_141822_1.jpg

Line in front of us ( around 1 p.m.)

When we left with our drinks though, the line was go out of the Mexico Pavilion! WOW!:laughing: DH is not a Tequila drinker, but he was in good spirits and promised he would get a margarita with me (when in Mexico right?)

I ordered the Avocado margarita, which was not on the menu for F & W, but they will make you what ever you want.

20140920_142439.jpg

F & W Menu. Don't worry though you can order everything!

DH ordered a Blood Orange Margarita, but the bartenders thought thought he said “original margarita”. When we told them it was wrong, the bartender apologized and made the blood orange, and then told us the mistake margarita was on the house!

Hello! TWO Margaritas for me! :thumbsup2

20140920_143526.jpg

Well one was more than enough! DH and I both could barely finish our margaritas, and both of us only had a few sips of the Classic margarita. These were by far the best – and the strongest– drinks we had the whole trip. I cant wait to go back to WDW just for La Cava Del Tequila!! There were so many awesome flavors that I want to try!:lovestruc

20140920_143540.jpg

Me with my free margarita! I had sooo many stranger looks & eye rolls carrying around 2 drinks! :lmao:

After starting off our F&W adventure "around the world" with tequila, we weren't feeling too well. We needed food pronto!

2014-11-14%2010.41.17%202.jpg

We decided to head to Kringla Bakery in Norway and try out the famous School bread. This was on my WDW Bucket List of things I had to eat.

20140920_150927.jpg

I now know why everyone raves about this! It was sooo good. DH and I shared one, but next time we will both have to order our own! It was the perfect "I just drank too much" pick me up. It was fresh & creamy on the inside. The Toasted coconut added the perfect crunch.

After our stomachs settled, it was time to venture to the F & W booths. It was HOT by the time we started our journey and just weren’t feeling like drinking too much. So we mainly just stuck to food. We also decided to use up all of our snack credits that we had left, so we were pretty picky about which booths we wanted to go to.

Some of the booths had long lines, but they moved very quickly. These CM kicked butt, and all seemed very energetic. I'd be curious to see if their energy was still there by the end of the festival?

20140920_175833.jpg

One of the long, but quick moving, lines. This was the longest line we had to wait in.

Here is a review from another thread I did of all of the food we tried:

My Husband and I went this past Saturday, 9/20.
We split everything we tried, so if I say it was a small portion, keep in mind-it was for two people. Here is what we had:

Mexico: we skipped the booth and went straight to La Cava del Tequila, if you are looking for a margarita, do yourself a favor and go here.

Germany:
Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll ($5.00, DDP Snack Credit)
It was a long, skinny sausage on a short, fat pretzel roll- with a dollop of mustard. it was good, but not great.

Belgium:

Potato and Leek Waffle with Braised Beef ($4.25, DDP Snack Credit)
SOO GOOD and a huge portion compared to some of the other items we got. This is a MUST GET!

20140920_181315.jpg

Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream ($3.50, DDP Snack credit) Another large portion, but nothing special.

20140920_181319.jpg

Poland:

Kielbasa and potato pierogi with caramelized onions and sour cream ($5.25, DDP Snack Credit) Lots of great flavors. The kielbasa was great. The dish came with three small pierogies. They were so small though, that all I could taste was the dough. It would have been better if it was just one larger pierogi.

20140920_163441.jpg

Ireland:
Lobster and seafood fisherman’s pie ($6.25 DDP Snack Credit). Nice size portion. Ours had ALOT of lobster in it - we were very surprised. Not our favorite of the day, but still very good.

20140920_182537.jpg

Canada:
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup ($4.25, OOP) This was so delicious! Unfortunately, for $4.25, we found the portion size to be insultingly tiny.

20140920_183528.jpg

Moosehead Lager ($3.50) not much to say...it was cheap lager.

20140920_183535.jpg

Greece:
Griddled Greek cheese with pistachios and honey ($3.75, OOP) This was delicious for a few bites. It was just was too rich, for even two of us to finish.

20140920_184845.jpg

Chicken gyro with tzatziki Sauce ($4.25, OOP) Large portion, I didn't think it was anything special, but it was my DH's favorite thing he ate.

20140920_184646.jpg

Tzatziki martini featuring Crop Organic Cucumber Vodka and BOLS Natural Yoghurt Liqueur ($7.75) Curiosity got the best of me here. I knew once a read about it a month back, I HAD to try it. Big mistake.... Im not even sure there was alcohol in this drink. It tasted like someone had just added a lot of water to a container of greek yogurt and blended it. I tasted no cucumber what-so-ever. And to make it worse, they topped it off with a sprig of dill ( i hate dill and it was the only flavor i could taste)

20140920_184604.jpg

Australia:
Pavlova with Fresh Berries and Vanilla Creme ($3.50, OOP)
if you are expecting real pavlova, you might be disappointed. When they handed it to me, I was sure it was the wrong thing. Regardless, it was still yummy. The "Vanilla Creme" was just instant pudding. It was nice to end our tour around the world with something on the light side though.

20140920_190147.jpg

I would have loved to tasted more dishes, but we were just too full and it was too hot/humid out.

We were done eating around the world around 5:30 p.m. We didn't want to continue because we had a dinner reservation at 8:30, and we already full.
I wish that F&W didn't start on our last full day at WDW, because I would have loved to go back another day to try some other items out.

Up Next: Dinner at Akershus

Loving your review!! I absolutely had planned on a Starring Rolls cupcake this trip and it didn't happen. And I was even IN starring rolls. At the time I was fine with it, but now I'm sad :)
Can't wait to read more!

Cupcakes are one of my favorite things ever! I want to try The Boardwalk Bakery's next time too!

Your reviews look great! You are ordering a lot of things I want to try.
Thanks! I hope this will help you out on your trip!

We are hoping for a FP+ for December. We had dinner at BOG last Sept and it wasn't very good, food nor service :( The salad looks delicious as do the cupcakes! Fingers Crossed :):):)

The lunch was great! I really want to try dinner out next time, but I keep hearing sub-par things about it. :( I really never expected such high quality food from a QS place.

Everything sounds fabulous!! Definitely following!!
Thank you! Welcome!:wave2:

Loving your reviews. Following along
Thank you! :wave2:

Really enjoying your dining review, and the photos. We will be on the dining plan for the first time ever on our next trip. Normally DH and I are the "eat quick service whenever we're hungry" type people, just want to grab a bite to eat, get it over with, and get on with our day at whichever park we're in. :)

But. This trip we've been invited to go along with our DD and her family and her DH's parents and they are all on the dining plan and DD has made several table service reservations for all of us, so when the January promotions came out I called and we ended up adding the dining plan to our package for just $355 (8 nights) so knowing we had all those reservations (Be Our Guest dinner, Coral Reef, 50's Prime Time, Akershush, Crystal Palace, etc.) it was a no-brainer to add it. :)

Sunshine Seasons is always a favorite of ours for quick service, and I know DH is going to want one of those HUGE cinnamon rolls at Gaston's too! :)

Looking forward to the rest of your review!

We ended up saving money on the DDP too, when we booked a moderate resort. Im a number cruncher and realized it was a better deal than the Room Only discount THIS TIME. I think next time though, we will go for a Room only discount. The DDP was sooo much food. DH and I never order sodas or dessert normally (hence my report title) and we were pretty sick of food by the end. Next time we want to try more TS meals, so the DDP wont work out as well for us.

Sunshine Seasons & Gaston's are both :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter