‘The planning is all yours - enjoy’: The Best.Birthday.Present.Everrrr! - A PTR

Oh my goodness!!!
I hope you have an action packed week coming up to keep the time ticking over! :)

OTHER MUSTS:

Well we're down to only 4 days to go and I thought I best finish this PTR before we go! My planning journal is all up to date (apart from printing the last minute park hours), I finally feel ready for this! After over 400 days waiting, it's nearly here, I can't believe it! :yay:

MUST VISIT:

Visit Wedding Pavilion / Grand Floridian

Disney is a big part of our lives, and a very special proposal at the Haunted Mansion was the start of our happily ever after. When we discussed our Wedding plans, neither of us want a large Wedding as we aren’t big party people or ones who love to be the centre of attention. What we do want is something truly magical to start the rest of our life together with our closest family, so ever since, I have been obsessed with the idea of a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding.

We aren’t ready to start to official planning / paying deposits yet as we’re still saving and want to give people enough notice (hoping 2016 will be our year!) but we’ve pretty much decided that our venues will be the Wedding Pavilion and Whitehall Room and Patio in the Grand Floridian. So the plan is to go and have a nose at these venues in person to make sure we’re happy with them as I’ll be more confident booking these if I’ve seen them for real. Very exciting!!!

MUST EATS:

Mickey waffles

No trip to WDW is complete without Mickey Waffles, nom nom!

Funnel Cake

I've never actually tried this but heard / seen so much about it so really want to make the most of my snack credits and try one of these.

Earl of Sandwich

I had my first experience of these in DLRP a few weeks back and now I'm hooked! The Hawaiian BBQ is my favourite, can't wait to have another one of these!

Mickey Bar

Another Disney holiday tradition that has to be done! It tastes so much better only because it's Mickey shaped! I'm gonna use the snack credits up too quickly...

MUST BUYS:

Apart from any Haunted Mansion / Alice in Wonderland / Nightmare before Christmas / Halloween pins I may come across, there's a few things I have my eye on...

Haunted Mansion goodies

I have a feeling I will be spending a few $$$ here at Madame Leota's Cart outside Haunted Mansion. I would like another few t shirts or so, and there's quite a few things I have seen on Disneystore site like this lovely cushion...

Disney Dooney and Bourke Bag

I'm addicted to these beautiful bags (currently have 3 bags and 1 wristlet) so am hoping to add to the collection this trip. I love the new sketch print (even if it is a bit too white for my wardrobe!) so will be looking out for this bag possibly - I may have to see how big the others are in real life as this one might be a bit small. I love Disney shopping!!!

I dread to think what I'll buy when I'm there, I spent $400 last time I went on this first day in The World of Disney. I remember I bought a Pal Mickey, t-shirts, a poster, some pens, aerial toppers, a jumper, a blanket, some stickers and who knows what else!
Think I'm going to be getting too excited to sleep in a couple of days, I'm already struggling!

I like the cushion!

We really like EoS. You might find the wdw even better. We went to the London one and it was good but just not quite as good so looking forward to that.

I want to try funnel cake too.

When we got married I had never been to Disney. We had a super vegas wedding but if I could pick ahain I think Id like a Disney wedding!!!

Apart from our Sci-Fi Dine in meal, there’s not too much here that really takes my fancy for counter service. Probabaly head to Fairfax Fare or Starring Rolls from the reviews I’ve read, Mac and cheese gourmet hot dog anyone??

I read this review as well Mac and Cheese on a hot dog what could be better? The truffle oil wrong to me I couldn't eat it :( I hope you like it more then I did lol!

Yak and Yeti:

The counter service here is supposed to be pretty good too so will probably check this out.

Best in park counter service :cheer2:

Funnel Cake

I've never actually tried this but heard / seen so much about it so really want to make the most of my snack credits and try one of these.

Earl of Sandwich

I had my first experience of these in DLRP a few weeks back and now I'm hooked! The Hawaiian BBQ is my favourite, can't wait to have another one of these!

Oh funnel cake I hate to admit that I finished one of these on my own (well I was pregnant and hadn't eaten most of my pregnancy due to sickness)

Earl of Sandwich

I can never decide what to have and Dave will never split with me so I always end up having Hawiian BBQ chicken. Tuna melt is my second favourite.

PLEASE go to cookes of Dublin for me and have a battered burger Oh I can't wait to go back there.

Any way have a lovely time. Sorry I didn't get round to reading your PTR the day before you left but I did enjoy reading it all. Have a wonderful time x

I read this review as well Mac and Cheese on a hot dog what could be better? The truffle oil wrong to me I couldn't eat it :( I hope you like it more then I did lol!

Best in park counter service :cheer2:

Oh funnel cake I hate to admit that I finished one of these on my own (well I was pregnant and hadn't eaten most of my pregnancy due to sickness)

Earl of Sandwich

I can never decide what to have and Dave will never split with me so I always end up having Hawiian BBQ chicken. Tuna melt is my second favourite.

PLEASE go to cookes of Dublin for me and have a battered burger Oh I can't wait to go back there.

Any way have a lovely time. Sorry I didn't get round to reading your PTR the day before you left but I did enjoy reading it all. Have a wonderful time x

Ooh I didn't know about the battered burger, sounds interesting!

Aww don't worry about not reading it! Thanks for catching up, I will be posting lots of updates as we go hopefully, or at least some photos on FB anyway!

WE'RE NEARLY THERE!!!

My countdown has gone from over 400 days and it now says...

0CC21789-DE73-4D46-819F-19DFF07F4338-891-0000007222CDBB6D_zps24c0bf28.jpg

So exciting! And my phone flashed this up yesterday...

823740E4-C2DD-48EE-8942-DA1F9D77395E-891-000000722C2E3CF5_zps81cc800b.jpg

Eeeeeee!! :) can't believe it's finally here!

So had a day off work today to finish up lil bits - had my nails done and packed up the last of our cases. We then bundled it all in the car and got to my mums who lives about 20 mins from Gatwick around 5pm.

Once we got to mums, we sorted out all the last bits for the cases as we were going to do VA's. twilight check in and I had to check I hadn't left anything in my case that I would need in the morning or vice versa. I'm a bit of a control freak so had to check, double check and triple check everything!

We left just after 6.30pm, had some Disney tunes on in the car to get us in the mood, and once we were approaching the airport and could see the planes, I got really excited!

We got to Gatwick about 7pm and there was no queue for twilight check in. We were in and out in about 20 mins so all happy about that! We got our boarding passes and we have the seats we requested so happy about that too!

So now we're back at mums, having something to eat. Then an early night for me as we're leaving for Gatwick at 7am! I probably won't sleep at all haha.

And so the TR begins! Watch this space....

I'm just a day behind you. I'm starting to feel sick, a mixture of feeling anxious I might have forgotten something and pure excitement!! Have an amazing trip!

I'm just a day behind you. I'm starting to feel sick, a mixture of feeling anxious I might have forgotten something and pure excitement!! Have an amazing trip!

Oh I've been the same Claire, that added in with stress of cover at work, been having butterflies since Monday! Hope you have an amazing trip too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter