•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Coming down next month and would love to have family pics taken at WL while we are staying there. I have looked into Disney's fine art photography (little pricey), does anyone recommend a local photographer that i can have come in? Thanks

I can't help with a name but do know that professional photographers have to get Disney's approval before they can do a shoot and where they can shoot. I agree with the above post about posting on another non-DVC thread to get more hits. Or search to see if any of the Disney resort boards have a thread going.

I’ve been fascinated (or obsessed) with WL room locations for some time. You’re not going to have a bad location or room, but there are some differences. For view and noise, the floor number makes a big difference. We like being on a high floor, but as you’ve noted the enclosed balconies are an issue for some. They are on the top floor of any section of the resort. So if you are on a 6th floor room with a 7th floor room above you, you’ll have the open balcony. We have had both and are fine with either. The open ones are way easier for kids to see out, or adults while seated. The enclosed ones feel more secure and private.
Distance from the lobby makes a difference as well, with the rooms that open to the lobby getting some noise from WCC, then quieter ones near the Waterfall, then more potential for pool noise. We love the view from rooms that open to the lobby though and request that.
Both sides of the hallway have good views, but the North side is probably a little better with views of the main pool and a chance at some fireworks from high floors over the other wing of the building.
Finally my last recommendation is that you request an area or aspect of the rooms you want, so that you give the room assignor more flexibility than if you request specific room numbers. It can be very difficult to fit scheduling a specific room for specific arrival and departure dates.
You’ll have a great trip wherever you end up. We have found that we enjoyed rooms in locations we wouldn’t have requested.
Thank you

We just got back last night, so I wanted to write a mini-review of my time at CCV, let me know if you have any specific questions, and please feel free to use any of the pictures in this post.

Stay: DH and I , split stay 1 night Kidani, 3 nights CCV, 2 nights BLT (lake view), April 2018.

Room: 7111- As I said earlier I was a little disappointed to get a 7th floor room with the enclosed balcony, but it was a great location, great view, and the balcony didn't bother us because there are so many places to hang out around the resort that I wouldn't want to spend all of my time on the balcony anyway. We had a walk in shower room which was very nice, even though I usually prefer a room with a bathtub. The room itself did not wow me, the resort is so beautiful that, to me, the room just did not measure up at all, we spent a lot of time at the resort, but I spent most of my time outside and not in the room, my husband was running the races so he spent more time there napping than I did. Room views:

View to the right:
Room 7111 view Right.jpg

View to the Left:
Room 7111 view Left.jpg

CMs: I cannot say enough good things about the CMs at this resort, everyone was so kind and helpful. I had an issue with my Kidani room and was in touch with a manager there who was going to also give me the name of someone at WL to speak with for follow up but had not gotten a name to me yet. I was mentioning this to the bell services CMs and a manager, Ken, overheard and right away came over to assist, he told me that he would take ownership of any followup on this end, and that he would track something down for me, and to visit him after dinner. He perfectly tracked down the issue and had everything resolved quickly. Victoria was the mousekeeper assigned to our room and we saw her every single morning in the hall, she was so kind and welcoming and seemed to genuinely enjoy her job and speaking with us.

Food:
Roaring Forks: I had heard some bad things about the limited menu at RF, thankfully, we were only there a couple days so that wasn't an issue, but I could see how the breakfast options especially could get pretty old if staying longer. I will say that of the three places we stayed the coffee in RF was the worst. I don't know if they use a different blend, or not enough grounds, but there was a clear difference in the coffee here, it was much lighter in color and had a strange after taste that I did not enjoy.

Perfect porch to enjoy lackluster coffee:
Porch View.jpg
Porch.jpg
Geyser Point: We had lunch and cocktails here our first day and enjoyed everything, especially the burger. I absolutely love the setup of this restaurant, but can see how it might be a bit less enjoyable during the hotter months, the day we went was perfect weather, low 80s and practically no humidity.
Geyser Point.jpg
Artist Point: We have not been back here in years, we remembered the food as good, but heavy, and nothing really stood out from that trip. We did the Deluxe dining plan for our Kidani night with the intention to use two of our credits at AP our first night there, which worked out fantastically. Our meal was extremely good and we are both looking forward to coming back. Everything we had was well seasoned and prepared, and it stood out as bringing really hot food to the table, at many WDW restaurants I feel like food sits out a bit before it gets to you, but everything here was so well timed. My husband had a glass of wine and I had a great cocktail as well and it was my favorite cocktail of the trip. My only disappointment was that they didn't have the donuts available for a dessert so we got the creme brulee and the cobbler, unfortunately, I remembered that I don't prefer this type of cobbler (I like the crumble top type better, although that is likely a crumble and not a cobbler lol) but we were so full that a couple bites was more than enough anyway.

Transportation: The boat to MK was great, all of the boat staff were so nice and fun. I wasn't a huge fan of the buses from here, I felt like stopping at Ft Wilderness added a lot of time, it certainly took us a bit longer to get to Epcot than from Kidani, and our buses were quite full most of the time. We also took the race bus from here to the Expo and that we would never do again, stopping at Ft Wilderness and The Contemporary took a very long time, especially getting all the way over to the stop at The Contemporary, which is at the convention center. We took Uber/Lyft more often than any other resort stay, but we also went to DS and Typhoon Lagoon, which we don't always do, and I just don't like the buses to either of those locations most of the time anyway.

Pool: This was the only negative for me, we really did not like the pool at all. We mostly stayed at the CCV pool, but the BRV pool had many of the same issues. I didn't think there was nearly enough seating for the number of people trying to enjoy the pool, DH and I took the last two chairs when we went the first time and they were no where near one another, after an hour or so the chair next to me opened up and he moved to sit next to me. We went early in the morning on other days so there was more room, but then the pool wasn't quite as necessary/refreshing that early. Many families came and it didn't appear that they could find seats, and if they did they usually only got a couple chairs in the full sun. DH usually loves the pool slides but he wasn't interested in this one at all. I did like the pool bar service from Geyser Point though, it was great having someone take my food and drink order poolside.

All-in-all we loved the resort and cannot wait to go back. I wish we had not moved to BLT, but I have always wanted to stay there and it worked out perfectly for this stay (plus we got a great room on the 16th floor near the TOTWL so it worked out). I feel like there are still so many things I didn't get to see or do at the resort, I would put this at the top of my list of a resort I would stay at if not planning any park days.

Random pics:
The first time I ever visited WL all I wanted to see was the Geyser, and of course my husband got to see it go off while I was inside (wasn't angry at all...), so this trip I made it a point to catch it.
Geyser.jpg

I loved this guy too!
Topiary.jpg

We just got back last night, so I wanted to write a mini-review of my time at CCV, let me know if you have any specific questions, and please feel free to use any of the pictures in this post.

Stay: DH and I , split stay 1 night Kidani, 3 nights CCV, 2 nights BLT (lake view), April 2018.

Room: 7111- As I said earlier I was a little disappointed to get a 7th floor room with the enclosed balcony, but it was a great location, great view, and the balcony didn't bother us because there are so many places to hang out around the resort that I wouldn't want to spend all of my time on the balcony anyway. We had a walk in shower room which was very nice, even though I usually prefer a room with a bathtub. The room itself did not wow me, the resort is so beautiful that, to me, the room just did not measure up at all, we spent a lot of time at the resort, but I spent most of my time outside and not in the room, my husband was running the races so he spent more time there napping than I did. Room views:

View to the right:
View attachment 318866

View to the Left:
View attachment 318867

CMs: I cannot say enough good things about the CMs at this resort, everyone was so kind and helpful. I had an issue with my Kidani room and was in touch with a manager there who was going to also give me the name of someone at WL to speak with for follow up but had not gotten a name to me yet. I was mentioning this to the bell services CMs and a manager, Ken, overheard and right away came over to assist, he told me that he would take ownership of any followup on this end, and that he would track something down for me, and to visit him after dinner. He perfectly tracked down the issue and had everything resolved quickly. Victoria was the mousekeeper assigned to our room and we saw her every single morning in the hall, she was so kind and welcoming and seemed to genuinely enjoy her job and speaking with us.

Food:
Roaring Forks: I had heard some bad things about the limited menu at RF, thankfully, we were only there a couple days so that wasn't an issue, but I could see how the breakfast options especially could get pretty old if staying longer. I will say that of the three places we stayed the coffee in RF was the worst. I don't know if they use a different blend, or not enough grounds, but there was a clear difference in the coffee here, it was much lighter in color and had a strange after taste that I did not enjoy.

Perfect porch to enjoy lackluster coffee:
View attachment 318871
View attachment 318872
Geyser Point: We had lunch and cocktails here our first day and enjoyed everything, especially the burger. I absolutely love the setup of this restaurant, but can see how it might be a bit less enjoyable during the hotter months, the day we went was perfect weather, low 80s and practically no humidity.
View attachment 318870
Artist Point: We have not been back here in years, we remembered the food as good, but heavy, and nothing really stood out from that trip. We did the Deluxe dining plan for our Kidani night with the intention to use two of our credits at AP our first night there, which worked out fantastically. Our meal was extremely good and we are both looking forward to coming back. Everything we had was well seasoned and prepared, and it stood out as bringing really hot food to the table, at many WDW restaurants I feel like food sits out a bit before it gets to you, but everything here was so well timed. My husband had a glass of wine and I had a great cocktail as well and it was my favorite cocktail of the trip. My only disappointment was that they didn't have the donuts available for a dessert so we got the creme brulee and the cobbler, unfortunately, I remembered that I don't prefer this type of cobbler (I like the crumble top type better, although that is likely a crumble and not a cobbler lol) but we were so full that a couple bites was more than enough anyway.

Transportation: The boat to MK was great, all of the boat staff were so nice and fun. I wasn't a huge fan of the buses from here, I felt like stopping at Ft Wilderness added a lot of time, it certainly took us a bit longer to get to Epcot than from Kidani, and our buses were quite full most of the time. We also took the race bus from here to the Expo and that we would never do again, stopping at Ft Wilderness and The Contemporary took a very long time, especially getting all the way over to the stop at The Contemporary, which is at the convention center. We took Uber/Lyft more often than any other resort stay, but we also went to DS and Typhoon Lagoon, which we don't always do, and I just don't like the buses to either of those locations most of the time anyway.

Pool: This was the only negative for me, we really did not like the pool at all. We mostly stayed at the CCV pool, but the BRV pool had many of the same issues. I didn't think there was nearly enough seating for the number of people trying to enjoy the pool, DH and I took the last two chairs when we went the first time and they were no where near one another, after an hour or so the chair next to me opened up and he moved to sit next to me. We went early in the morning on other days so there was more room, but then the pool wasn't quite as necessary/refreshing that early. Many families came and it didn't appear that they could find seats, and if they did they usually only got a couple chairs in the full sun. DH usually loves the pool slides but he wasn't interested in this one at all. I did like the pool bar service from Geyser Point though, it was great having someone take my food and drink order poolside.

All-in-all we loved the resort and cannot wait to go back. I wish we had not moved to BLT, but I have always wanted to stay there and it worked out perfectly for this stay (plus we got a great room on the 16th floor near the TOTWL so it worked out). I feel like there are still so many things I didn't get to see or do at the resort, I would put this at the top of my list of a resort I would stay at if not planning any park days.

Random pics:
The first time I ever visited WL all I wanted to see was the Geyser, and of course my husband got to see it go off while I was inside (wasn't angry at all...), so this trip I made it a point to catch it.
View attachment 318885

I loved this guy too!
View attachment 318887

Happy you had a great trip!! Thanks for sharing your pictures!!!

I can't help with a name but do know that professional photographers have to get Disney's approval before they can do a shoot and where they can shoot. I agree with the above post about posting on another non-DVC thread to get more hits. Or search to see if any of the Disney resort boards have a thread going.
Thanks, i tried looking around. Didnt find much.

For those that have visited CCV --- I'm staying in a 1 bdrm with family. Recommendation on room(s) I should request? Like to have a relative view and relative quite. Looked at room diagram - have seen some photos of earlier postings on pg 1. Heard mix reviews re: 6th floor and the deck wall and roof but suspect some have actually enjoyed it. I know its subjective but would like your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
I'd be curious as well as we're staying in a 1 bedroom in 218 days:rotfl2: From the research I've personally done one of interest is either X103 or X105. One is studio, the other a 1 bedroom right on the lobby but overlooking the courtyard

I'd be curious as well as we're staying in a 1 bedroom in 218 days:rotfl2: From the research I've personally done one of interest is either X103 or X105. One is studio, the other a 1 bedroom right on the lobby but overlooking the courtyard
Very nice room location, and probably our ultimate preference as we love rooms that open to the lobby. These rooms were commonly referred to as “Bear Face” rooms because when you look at the resort from Bay Lake the windows make what roughly looks like a Bear’s Face. They only exist on floors 4 and 5, so availability is extremely limited, but they are neat. They are also both lockoffs, so you could get both with a lockoff 2 bedroom reservation. Good luck!

Very nice room location, and probably our ultimate preference as we love rooms that open to the lobby. These rooms were commonly referred to as “Bear Face” rooms because when you look at the resort from Bay Lake the windows make what roughly looks like a Bear’s Face. They only exist on floors 4 and 5, so availability is extremely limited, but they are neat. They are also both lockoffs, so you could get both with a lockoff 2 bedroom reservation. Good luck!

Bonus points if you know if these lockoffs are units with tub or showers! :)

exactly, we only need half so we can share the studio part, Hahaha:lmao:

@gillep Glad to hear the visit was a success, and i appreciate the detailed review. A few things:
RF: It is deflating to see how much they have regressed since the refurbishment. We were underwhelmed by the new menu and, in fact, bothered by the fact they did away with the made-to-order Mickey waffles. We won't bother going there in the future--I'd rather have a poptart in the room.
Pools: Room during warm months is always at a premium. Hate to hear that the newer pool has the same issues as at the old Hidden Springs pool it was rarely an issue. . .because it was intended to be a quieter, more serene area. I miss that pool and its bubbles.
CMs: We've almost always found them among the best. Glad to hear you experienced that, too.
AP: It hit a rough patch a few years ago until new mgmt and chef came in about three years ago. The food is consistently better cooked and presented, and the servers are quality. It's long been our sentimental favorite--even during the period of inconsistency--and most reports the past couple of years have been very positive. Too bad you missed the donuts as they are most excellent. I mean. . .umm. . .they are actually terrible, just plain yucky. Move along. . .

We just returned from a 6-night stay in a 2BR Copper Creek Villa and we really enjoyed our time there. Our room number was 3126 and this was the view from the balcony off the main living room:

DSCN1632_copy.jpg

We were back at the resort each day in the afternoon (approx 1:30/2pm until 4:30ish) for a rest and to use the pool. The first day, we ran into housekeeping about to service our room and they kindly agreed to give us ten minutes to get ready to go down to the pool before going in. All of the other days, the room had already been serviced by the time we returned. We never had any other encounters or issues with room checks or servicing.

Our room had three sliding doors (one in each bedroom and one in the main living room) out to one continuous balcony.

The suite was a very nice size for our 6-member party. My parents took the master suite and my husband and I shared the room with 2 queen beds with our 2 daughters. There were TVs in each bedroom as well as the main living room. Both rooms had huge closets and so many dressers and drawers and places to store things (more than we would ever need!). The beds were very comfortable. It was great having two bathrooms, each with two sink areas, and the option of standard/rain shower was also a nice feature. It was great having the kitchen and dining areas and we had ample dishes and silverware for our needs, but we never did any actual cooking in the room. We did use the toaster and coffee maker, both of which were great for early breakfast before heading out to the parks. We did notice the vent grate at the top of the doorway between the main living room and the second bedroom and the first night I was a bit concerned because the light in the living room shone in right on the bed my daughters were sleeping in. But everyone was so tired each night after long park days that noise and light never bothered any of us enough to disrupt sleeping. We're all pretty quiet people and "early to bed/early risers" in general, so it may pose more of an issue for a party where some people are night owls and others aren't. We never heard any noise in the hallways, but we were pretty far away from either of the elevators. We did hear the MK fireworks at night and some noise from the pool during the afternoon, but neither of those was disruptive.

We really enjoyed our stay at the CCV and would definitely stay there again in the future. :)

Last edited:
We just returned from a 6-night stay in a 2BR Copper Creek Villa and we really enjoyed our time there. Our room number was 3126 and this was the view from the deck off the main living room:

View attachment 319505

We were back at the resort each day in the afternoon (approx 1:30/2pm until 4:30ish) for a rest and to use the pool. The first day, we ran into housekeeping about to service our room and they kindly agreed to give us ten minutes to get ready to go down to the pool before going in. All of the other days, the room had already been serviced by the time we returned. We never had any other encounters or issues with room checks or servicing.

The suite was a very nice size for our 6-member party. My parents took the master suite and my husband and I shared the room with 2 queen beds with our 2 daughters. There were TVs in each bedroom as well as the main living room. Both rooms had huge closets and so many dressers and drawers and places to store things (more than we would ever need!). The beds were very comfortable. It was great having two bathrooms, each with two sink areas, and the option of standard/rain shower was also a nice feature. It was great having the kitchen and dining areas and we had ample dishes and silverware for our needs, but we never did any actual cooking in the room. We did use the toaster and coffee maker, both of which were great for early breakfast before heading out to the parks. We did notice the vent grate at the top of the doorway between the main living room and the second bedroom and the first night I was a bit concerned because the light in the living room shone in right on the bed my daughters were sleeping in. But everyone was so tired each night after long park days that noise and light never bothered any of us enough to disrupt sleeping. We're all pretty quiet people and "early to bed/early risers" in general, so it may pose more of an issue for a party where some people are night owls and others aren't. We never heard any noise in the hallways, but we were pretty far away from either of the elevators. We did hear the MK fireworks at night and some noise from the pool during the afternoon, but neither of those were disruptive.

We really enjoyed our stay at the CCV and would definitely stay there again in the future. :)

Happy you had a wonderful trip!!!! Thank you for sharing your experience and your room view picture! Would it be OK if I used it for page one? Thank you!

We just returned from a 6-night stay in a 2BR Copper Creek Villa and we really enjoyed our time there. Our room number was 3126 and this was the view from the balcony off the main living room:

View attachment 319505

Our room had three sliding doors (one in each bedroom and one in the main living room) out to one continuous balcony.

The suite was a very nice size for our 6-member party. My parents took the master suite and my husband and I shared the room with 2 queen beds with our 2 daughters. There were TVs in each bedroom as well as the main living room. Both rooms had huge closets and so many dressers and drawers and places to store things (more than we would ever need!). The beds were very comfortable. It was great having two bathrooms, each with two sink areas, and the option of standard/rain shower was also a nice feature. It was great having the kitchen and dining areas and we had ample dishes and silverware for our needs, but we never did any actual cooking in the room. We did use the toaster and coffee maker, both of which were great for early breakfast before heading out to the parks. We did notice the vent grate at the top of the doorway between the main living room and the second bedroom and the first night I was a bit concerned because the light in the living room shone in right on the bed my daughters were sleeping in. But everyone was so tired each night after long park days that noise and light never bothered any of us enough to disrupt sleeping. We're all pretty quiet people and "early to bed/early risers" in general, so it may pose more of an issue for a party where some people are night owls and others aren't. We never heard any noise in the hallways, but we were pretty far away from either of the elevators. We did hear the MK fireworks at night and some noise from the pool during the afternoon, but neither of those was disruptive.

That sounds like a nice trip! We hope to stay in a 2BR with my parents next year and it is good to hear how well it worked out.

We are staying 2 days pre-cruise in the Cabins in December Really looking forward to it. Any Suggestion for cabin location. There'll be 4 adults and 2 children.

B4417C25-831C-42F3-8476-B824A039A045.jpeg Just left CCV for our next stay here at Boardwalk. We love Boardwalk...our favorite Resort.... but after staying at CCV... I dislike saying it so I won’t but ...but...but....CANNOT WAIT until we are back at CCV. We have both been bitten by the bug addonitis, we need more points now. Every day we walk into the lodge and have to pinch ourselves that this is where we can come every year.

Loved sitting at Geyser point during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Loved the food even at roaring forks. Loved the boat rides. The buses actually made us wait...for 2 minutes, how dare they....

The view from our room (4119) was beautiful overlooking the main pool, geyser and even bay lake.

I miss it already.....

View attachment 319860 Just left CCV for our next stay here at Boardwalk. We love Boardwalk...our favorite Resort.... but after staying at CCV... I dislike saying it so I won’t but ...but...but....CANNOT WAIT until we are back at CCV. We have both been bitten by the bug addonitis, we need more points now. Every day we walk into the lodge and have to pinch ourselves that this is where we can come every year.

Loved sitting at Geyser point during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Loved the food even at roaring forks. Loved the boat rides. The buses actually made us wait...for 2 minutes, how dare they....

The view from our room (4119) was beautiful overlooking the main pool, geyser and even bay lake.

I miss it already.....

I’m so happy you had a wonderful trip and loved CCV!! Definitely the perfect place to add on!!!!! The view is beautiful! Thanks for the picture!! (Would it be ok if I link it to Page 1?) Thanks!

I’m so happy you had a wonderful trip and loved CCV!! Definitely the perfect place to add on!!!!! The view is beautiful! Thanks for the picture!! (Would it be ok if I link it to Page 1?) Thanks!
Sure!! ☺️

We are staying 2 days pre-cruise in the Cabins in December Really looking forward to it. Any Suggestion for cabin location. There'll be 4 adults and 2 children.

You really can't go wrong with CCV cabin location, but there are some choices. First of all, 12 of the cabins are on the North side of the resort and 14 are on the South / East side. The North side cabins are numbered 8001-8012 and generally face towards MK, but the view is obstructed by trees. They are right on the waterway where the MK boats go on the way back to WL. 8001 is at the far West end, surprisingly close to the monorail loop, while 8012 is near the WL transportation boat dock. These cabins are all quiet for foot traffic, and have easy access to Roaring Fork via a walkway to a mid-wing access door. Cabins on this side do have more boat traffic closer to the cabins.
The remaining 14 cabins are South of Geyser Point on the shoreline of Bay Lake East of the original VWL (Now Boulder Ridge Villas). These are numbered 8013 through 8026. These cabins have less boat trafffic, since boats are not allowed to go much South of the rental boat dock into the bay that they sit on. 8013 is right next to Geyser Point and across from the Boulder Ridge Cove pool. As the numbers go higher, you go further down the walkway and away from the pool area. The higher the number, the quieter and more secluded, but the longer walk. Also the shoreline curves, so higher numbered cabins face more towards the North. Some people have requested 8026 and enjoyed its quiet woods-side location. Others like us are requesting to be closer to Geyser Point in the 8013 to 8018 range.
All the cabins are identical and beautiful, so you really can't go wrong. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!