“Would You Like an Adventure Now?" A July PTR *Updated 8/1

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that you got so sick! Sending healing vibes your way. Hopefully you will regain your stamina quickly and you'll be able to fully enjoy your vacation!

Taking care of sick kids when you're sick is the worst!!!

One of the hardest parts of parenting, in my opinion! I remember the first time Alex deployed once Landon was born (he was about 1 years old). We both caught a stomach bug. It was wretched, but it made the remaining two months of Alex's absence seem like a breeze. :rotfl:

I sprained my ankle in the fall training for a half. Had to pause training, find a different race 6 weeks later, etc. I was so darn annoyed at myself.

Oh, how frustrating! You mentally prepare yourself for that specific race and then have to completely rewire your brain to pause training. So sorry that happened to you!

We ended our bus tour in Edinburgh. We stayed at a hotel right on the Royal Mile. Loved walking up and down the RM - it's really a workout though! Saw the castle and palace. I'd love to go back and spend a little more time there.

That hill is brutal! :laughing: I much preferred walking to Holyrood Palace, because I was going downhill.
Staying right on the Royal Mile had to be a wonderful experience! Did you try and traditional Scotch food or drink?

Hugs! I am currently in bed with Covid, so I empathize with you! I hope you are all doing well and ready for a fabulous trip!

Oh no!!!
I'm so sorry you caught Covid, too. Not the way you wanted to end your epic trip. I hope you're getting plenty of rest. Take things easy and don't push yourself too hard.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry to hear that you got so sick! Sending healing vibes your way. Hopefully you will regain your stamina quickly and you'll be able to fully enjoy your vacation!

Thank you. :goodvibes
I'm getting a little better each day, and I have no doubt walking around Disney will lift my spirits tenfold. I'm just grateful that we all recovered enough in time to take this vacation. I'm thankful for whatever type of Disney trip I can take!

Tomorrow!!!

We leave tomorrow, friends!

I can hardly believe it.
Three years away from Walt Disney World, and we're finally going back.

Just doesn't seem real.

The suitcases are packed, the fridge is cleared out, the devices are charged. All that's left is to get on a plane and go!

As I said in an earlier update, our first two nights will be at Alex's mom's house. I managed to pack everything we needed for those first couple days in one suitcase, so hopefully all we'll need to do the morning of check in is grab our toiletries and go.
We just found out that we have to take Alex's brother to the airport that afternoon, because he's flying out the day after his party, so in the end I guess it's a good thing I didn't book Homecomin' for dinner. It would have been pushing it, going to the airport, checking into our house, buying groceries, then hotfooting it over to the Springs by a certain time.
Now, we'll just grab a bite to eat at Polite Pig, buy MagicBands for everyone, activate our tickets, and scarf down some Gideon's Cookies.

There's a part of me that doesn't believe it's actually happening. :laughing:

Between being sick, a rigorous school year, and Alex's insanity at work, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that my babies are going to WDW again.
There's still a tiny part of me that's waiting for Alex to call from work today saying something came up and we can't go.

The kids are beyond excited. Every single night at dinner, Evie asks, "Can we talk about Disney?"

Sometimes, it's about the rides, other time the food. It's been adorable and adds to the anticipation.

Although! I did take the kids to two days of 4th of July celebrations
(yes, the irony of celebrating Independence Day in the U.K. is not lost on me) and by the second day, Evie was way overstimulated. I ended up taking them home early, because she was overwhelmed. So it's good to know Evie still can't handle crowds and noise for extended periods of time. Something for me to keep in mind.

To kind of wrap up this random post, I figured I'd give a few lists of our overall plans and goals this trip.
To start, our food.

Dining Reservations:
-Via Napoli
-Steakhouse 71 Lunch
-Oga's Cantina
-Steakhouse 71 Breakfast
-Wine Bar George Dinner
-Wilderness Lodge Breakfast
-Toppolino's Dinner
-Mythos Dinner

Attraction Hopefuls:
(this has changed a bit since I don't think I can do many coasters)
-Rise of the Resistance
-Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
-Expedition Everest (dependent on me)
-Jungle Cruise
-Soarin'
-Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure (again, maybe)
-Velocicoaster (for Alex)

Snacks/Foods:
-Ronto Wrap
-Blue and Green Milk
-Butterbeer 3 ways
-Coconut Soft Serve from Aloha Isle
-Voodoo Donuts
-Toothsome Macarons
-Butterbeer Ice Cream
-Satuli Canteen Bowls and Lemon Blueberry Cake (for Evie)
-Gideon's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
-Gideon's Peanut Butter Cold Brew
-Bison Burger from GP (Alex)

I hope you all have a wonderful July! If you have reports, I'll do my best to catch up once I return!:goodvibes

Alex, Landon, and myself got it first, then my dad two days later, and Evie a week after that. My mom managed never to get it.

The sickness ended up delaying my parents flying back home and stuck us all inside our house for the duration of their trip.

Alex and the kids had pretty mild symptoms overall, but it knocked my dad out for almost a week.

And it completely pummeled me. Took 13 days to get a negative test, and I’m at Day 17 still with mild symptoms. It was the sickest I’ve ever been in my life, with fever off and on for two weeks and complete fatigue and body aches.
Oh Alicia! So sorry that you were SO sick. :( What an ordeal for you.

I can hardly believe it.

Just doesn't seem real.
Happy travels my friend! I hope you have the best, most magical trip!
The kids are beyond excited. Every single night at dinner, Evie asks, "Can we talk about Disney?"

Sometimes, it's about the rides, other time the food. It's been adorable and adds to the anticipation.

(yes, the irony of celebrating Independence Day in the U.K. is not lost on me) and by the second day, Evie was way overstimulated. I ended up taking them home early, because she was overwhelmed. So it's good to know Evie still can't handle crowds and noise for extended periods of time. Something for me to keep in mind.
How sweet is that! It's good to know what they can handle and plan accordingly. I hope she has fun!
I hope you all have a wonderful July! If you have reports, I'll do my best to catch up once I return!:goodvibes
Have an amazing trip!

One of the hardest parts of parenting, in my opinion! I remember the first time Alex deployed once Landon was born (he was about 1 years old). We both caught a stomach bug. It was wretched, but it made the remaining two months of Alex's absence seem like a breeze. :rotfl:

Oh, how frustrating! You mentally prepare yourself for that specific race and then have to completely rewire your brain to pause training. So sorry that happened to you!

That hill is brutal! :laughing: I much preferred walking to Holyrood Palace, because I was going downhill.
Staying right on the Royal Mile had to be a wonderful experience! Did you try and traditional Scotch food or drink?
We stayed in a great location! About 1/2 way between the palace and castle. We tried (and bought) some Scotch whiskey and my DH tried haggis.....

Tomorrow!!!

I can hardly believe it.

Just doesn't seem real.

The suitcases are packed, the fridge is cleared out, the devices are charged. All that's left is to get on a plane and go!

As I said in an earlier update, our first two nights will be at Alex's mom's house. I managed to pack everything we needed for those first couple days in one suitcase, so hopefully all we'll need to do the morning of check in is grab our toiletries and go.
We just found out that we have to take Alex's brother to the airport that afternoon, because he's flying out the day after his party, so in the end I guess it's a good thing I didn't book Homecomin' for dinner. It would have been pushing it, going to the airport, checking into our house, buying groceries, then hotfooting it over to the Springs by a certain time.
Now, we'll just grab a bite to eat at Polite Pig, buy MagicBands for everyone, activate our tickets, and scarf down some Gideon's Cookies.

There's a part of me that doesn't believe it's actually happening. :laughing:

Between being sick, a rigorous school year, and Alex's insanity at work, I just can't wrap my head around the fact that my babies are going to WDW again.
There's still a tiny part of me that's waiting for Alex to call from work today saying something came up and we can't go.

To kind of wrap up this random post, I figured I'd give a few lists of our overall plans and goals this trip.
To start, our food.

Dining Reservations:
-Via Napoli
-Steakhouse 71 Lunch
-Oga's Cantina
-Steakhouse 71 Breakfast
-Wine Bar George Dinner
-Wilderness Lodge Breakfast
-Toppolino's Dinner
-Mythos Dinner

Attraction Hopefuls:
(this has changed a bit since I don't think I can do many coasters)
-Rise of the Resistance
-Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
-Expedition Everest (dependent on me)
-Jungle Cruise
-Soarin'
-Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure (again, maybe)
-Velocicoaster (for Alex)

Snacks/Foods:
-Ronto Wrap
-Blue and Green Milk
-Butterbeer 3 ways
-Coconut Soft Serve from Aloha Isle
-Voodoo Donuts
-Toothsome Macarons
-Butterbeer Ice Cream
-Satuli Canteen Bowls and Lemon Blueberry Cake (for Evie)
-Gideon's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
-Gideon's Peanut Butter Cold Brew
-Bison Burger from GP (Alex)

Hope you have a wonderful trip! Your plans all sound great. I think you'll have a perfect mix of park time and relaxation. Can't wait to hear all about it!

And then came back with Covid.

I'm so sorry! It's really making the rounds right now.

And it completely pummeled me. Took 13 days to get a negative test, and I’m at Day 17 still with mild symptoms. It was the sickest I’ve ever been in my life, with fever off and on for two weeks and complete fatigue and body aches.

Sounds like you suffered the worse. I hope you're able to rebuild your strength.

In truth, I suspected we might catch Covid while in Florida, but I never dreamed we’d all get sick the month before and get put out of commission right when things need to get sorted! Now, Disney is going to look a tad bit different than I imagined it would be. I have to continue to let my ribs heal, so I’m not thinking coasters will be in my future during the first part of the trip.

Well, you won't have to worry about Covid on your trip. Your antibodies should be really strong.

Going easy at Disney is better than no Disney. Try to stay out of the heat as much as you can.

Fellow fans of Outlander will appreciate this photo. It’s the sight of the infamous print shop:
08.JPG
Love all your pictures of Scotland but as an Outlander Fan I really love this.

I know you're in Florida now. I hope you're enjoying it.

We're back!

DSC_6154.JPG

Actually, we have been back for 5 days, but it's taken about that long to catch up on sleep and recapture some semblance of normal. Alex is back at work, the kids are deep into summer activities, and I'm sorting through the many, many vacation photos and videos. :rotfl:

What an amazing, busy, unbelievable trip this was!!! It was much, much hotter than anyone was prepared for, even for the Florida natives. My rib gave me trouble. There were some MASSIVE mistakes made.

But overall?

We had a blast.

Landon declared it the "best vacation ever, even if I didn't get to ride Rock N Roller Coaster." :laughing:

Because it had been 3 years since our last trip, Alex and I wanted to embrace the time off. I think we succeeded in making it the most indulgent, extravagant trip ever. There certainly won't be any other trip like this one, and I'm so grateful we had the opportunity to make this fantasy a reality.

DSC_6258.JPG

And let me just say, the kid-free portion of our vacation?

Memories I'll remember forever. :love:

DSC_6739.JPG

DSC_7185.JPG

Eventually, when I start to get some semblance of order to my photos and summertime winds down, I'll begin a trip report. And when I do, I'll be sure to include the link here.

Thank you to everyone who followed along on this pre trip report. Your advice, conversation, and well wishes meant the world to me. The DIS community is the best. :goodvibes

Actually, we have been back for 5 days, but it's taken about that long to catch up on sleep and recapture some semblance of normal. Alex is back at work, the kids are deep into summer activities, and I'm sorting through the many, many vacation photos and videos. :rotfl:
Welcome back!!! I'm just dipping back into the DIS after a long hiatus from the DIS so I could concentrate on grad/NP school so missed much of this, but I'm so glad.....
But overall?

We had a blast.
^ For THAT!!!! Waaaaaaaaahoooooty!!! So happy for you, Alicia!!
Eventually, when I start to get some semblance of order to my photos and summertime winds down, I'll begin a trip report. And when I do, I'll be sure to include the link here.
I can't guarantee I'll be able to keep up as my 2nd term starts in November and I'll be traveling most of (all) of Sept and Oct on various trips. :) But I will try!! In fact, it might be very helpful if you (if you remember!) to leave a link on my TR as well. It might be the only place I might see it. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter