Ziplock bags - UUGGHH!

Torontogal

Mouseketeer & Disney Vacation Club Member
Okay, after reading all the threads about these bags and how amazing they are - tried to buy some here and found out the 2 gallon storage ziplock bags are NOT available in Canada. Someone suggested the Zeller's has the Truly brand ones but I have yet to find a Zeller's which carries these bags.
Any other ideas? Do you live near a Zeller's in Ontario that has these bags?
Americans are so lucky - they have such a wider selection!

I checked out the ziploc website www.ziploc.com and you can call a toll free number 1-800-494-4855 and they may be able to help you. Do you have any buddies with an US address that might be willing to order & receive a package for you? When you start looking around on the website, it appears us residents can order directly from the company. Good luck!

I do not know anyone in the US. Even if I did, I hope to start packing within a few days - don't want to be a last minute packer!
Thanks for the info.!

I was able to fit most of our outfits into 1 gallon bage, which surprised me. Have you tried the 1 gallon size?

Torontogal said:
Okay, after reading all the threads about these bags and how amazing they are - tried to buy some here and found out the 2 gallon storage ziplock bags are NOT available in Canada. Someone suggested the Zeller's has the Truly brand ones but I have yet to find a Zeller's which carries these bags.
Any other ideas? Do you live near a Zeller's in Ontario that has these bags?
Americans are so lucky - they have such a wider selection!

Spacesaver bags are found in most store's luggage sections. They are similar to Ziplocs, but have a one-way air valve in the bottom that allows you to roll the air out of the bag.

I've found them at Kohl's, but other stores of that calibur should have them, or a store that specializes in luggage should have them also!!!

Good luck!!! :teeth:

MinnieMouseMom said:
What do you use the Ziplocs for?
We use the ziplocks to pack clothing in to save space. Put your clothes in and roll out the air so it's nice and flat.

Great for children. In their bags you can put an outfit, socks, underwear, hair accessories (for a girl). In the morning, they just pick a bag and get ready. It's all organized and matching.

Worked GREAT for our last vacation. In my DD's suitcase, I was able to pack 2 weeks worth of clothes and still have room for a book and some little toys.

etwinchester said:
We use the ziplocks to pack clothing in to save space. Put your clothes in and roll out the air so it's nice and flat.

Great for children. In their bags you can put an outfit, socks, underwear, hair accessories (for a girl). In the morning, they just pick a bag and get ready. It's all organized and matching.

Worked GREAT for our last vacation. In my DD's suitcase, I was able to pack 2 weeks worth of clothes and still have room for a book and some little toys.

Wow, great idea!! Thanks!

MinnieMouseMom said:
What do you use the Ziplocs for?

We also use them to put liquid things in our checked luggage so if they come open they won't spill on our clothes (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, etc.)

And we use them to put ice in for our room... instead of paying to rent a fridge, we bring a soft side cooler in our luggage and pack them full of ice-filled baggies to put food/drinks in.

klwdisney said:
We also use them to put liquid things in our checked luggage so if they come open they won't spill on our clothes (i.e. shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, etc.)

And we use them to put ice in for our room... instead of paying to rent a fridge, we bring a soft side cooler in our luggage and pack them full of ice-filled baggies to put food/drinks in.

Fantastic ideas!! Thanks! :flower:

Used these for the first time after reading all the tips here. Actually I always had used it for Shampoo and stuff that could spill in luggage. But first time using it for clothes. Loved it. Used a bag for dd's socks(those always disappear in the bags. Able to pack my 2 year olds stuff as dress shirts one bag/shorts another/ tees another. And the baby got stuff packed the same way. Just having all the little stuff in bags helped so much. And having bags there was also a godsend. We were able to put an iced washcloth in a ziploc and take it into the park with some added ice to stay cool and it worked great last week. I was able to use the gallon size bags for the stuff I packed. I put my underwear in one also. Easier to just grab a bag than dig in a suitcase.

Just wanted to suggest double bagging shapoos etc. Using just one did not work out for me! :p
And the one gallons work fine for everyone but my husband- polo shirts not so much :teeth:
I didn't even know they made 2 gallon until this post!

2 gallons are great for adult clothing.

For DD (age 5), I use the one gallon for our trips. She loves picking out a bag in the morning with what she is in the mood to wear. I love knowing the fact that everything is in there and will match & no help needed from me...

etwinchester said:
2 gallons are great for adult clothing.

For DD (age 5), I use the one gallon for our trips. She loves picking out a bag in the morning with what she is in the mood to wear. I love knowing the fact that everything is in there and will match & no help needed from me...

wow that is such a good idea for kids to pack up the outfits like that i defnitly got to use that. So many great ideas woot.

Those who have found the 2-gallon bags... where did you find them? I have only found the gallon size myself, for the liquid items. But this sound like a really great idea, for the clothes!

I'm in Montreal, I found some at our Zeller's. They don't say 2 gallon on them though, they are called "Jumbo" and they are Truly brand. Our Zeller's store is really small too so I'm sure if we had them the ones in Toronto should too. Good luck! I'm leaving for Disney today - for a 2 day drive!! WEEEEEEeeeeee! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter