Ziplock bags info

mom4scrapbooking

Mouseketeer
I read somewhere that you buy ziplock bags and put each child's clothes in it and then just lay them out and all their clothes are ready for the day. I would like more information on this.... I have 4 kids and these seems so easy for them.

Do the clothes get all wrinkled?

Do you buy stuff to get the wrinkles out?

Do they save in space?

What type of bags to buy and what size?

Hi,

I used the ziploc method on my last trip. I have 3 boys and packed almost all of their clothes in the ziploc bags. I used mostly the gallon size, but I used a few of the bigger size (2 gallon?). The clothes stayed pretty nice - less wrinkles than usual. I definately saved space - we usually pack in duffle bags and I got all of the kids clothes in one bag. The only problem is I had to worry about the weight ... the bag was heavy!

I would definately pack this way again. It waws a time saver ... as far as unpackig and getting the kids dressed. It was easier for me to pack. also. I was able to pack in advance ( a bit at a time) and plan outfits so I had less overpacking. I also used packing cubes (from ebags)for the first time and loved them! I used them fro jammies and extra socks, undies, etc.

Hope this helps!

We've done this in the past for our kids. We sorted out what they needed for the day (short, shirt, undies, and socks) and then labeled who's it was and the day to use it. It was a big help.:thumbsup2

Target sells the Hefty OneZip 2.5 gallon sized bags- $2.99 for a box of 15.

These works perfectly for us.

Fold everything neatly, stack neatly in the bag, seal almost shut, and suck the air out with a straw. No wrinkles, no matter how the bag is tossed around, and they take up half the space of normal folded clothes.

The only problem is that you obviously don't want to suck air out of a bag of dirty clothes using a straw. :scared: So your going-home bag will be bulkier than your going-to bag.

You can also put them in the bag and before sealing them all the way, sit on them to squish out all the air. Finish sealing them before you get up. This makes it really flat, my only problem is that it doesn't stay that flat after, some how air gets into them and it poofs back up. Any ideas on how to stop that?

We use this and it works WONDERFUL!!! Less wrinkles than just normal packing. I put shirt, undies, & socks in each bag. The pants for us were to big. I also put any hairbows needed for DD in her bag also.

I just seal almost shut and push out the air and zip the last tiny bit. Its also nice to have the bags around to store wet clothes, snacks etc.. on the way home.

I "ziplock pack" for Disney and when my grandson goes camping with the boy scouts.

I put an entire outfit in a bag (shorts/pants, shirt, socks & underwear), zip it almost closed, then roll it up to force out the rest of the air, finish zipping it closed and unroll it.

Each day the kids just grab a bag from the suitcase. And if it rains when Will is camping his clothes stay dry.

I love the ziploc idea! I went out and bought those travel space saver bags (they have them at Bed, Bath & Beyond) and all you have to do is roll all the air out instead of sucking all the air out. They are more expensive but the travel pack comes with 8 bags in 3 different sizes. I gave the small ones a trial run in my purse for DS's extra clothes (He was just potty trained) I love them. It saves a ton of room and is more durable than the ziplocs.

I just bought some for our trip in August. Also some for my daughter to take to camp, They are great for her to keep her clothes dry.

I took this tip last year for our trip in July and it worked wonderfully. I did it with my 2 yr old's outfits. It was so easy to just grab a bag with complete outfit, change and head to the parks.The clothes did get a little wrinkled, but I used the Downy wrinkle releaser spray each morning and it looked like they were all ironed. Within minutes they were wrinkle free.

I love the Downy wrinkle releaser. I havent tried packing in the ziplocks, but I just might try it this trip.

I haven't used it at WDW yet. I am doing it for water days during summer school for my kids. They go to school in their swim suits and change at lunch. I place the clothes in a gallon bag and roll the air out. They use the bag to store the wet clothes in afterwards. Works out great.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter