You've Got a Friend in Me:TINKGURL & XOKTENOX's Adventures in WDW~UPDATE: 6/9 p.74

tinkgurl

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! Welcome to tinkgurl and xoktenox’s very first joint trip report! For those of you who don’t know, we are two 20-somethings who met right here, on the Disboards! We live 1000 miles away from each other (unfortunately!!!!) and met in person for the first time last month while in WDW which just happens to be both of our favorite place in the world.

~It was exciting for Tink because she was in WDW with not only her usual group (Mom, Dad, Sis, her Fiance and her) but this time her Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle and his 2 boys, Cuz and the Little Guy went. It was the Little Guy’s first trip so the whole family was super excited to watch him experience everything the World had to offer! They were all there from July 19-July 24 and stayed at the Contemporary Resort. On the 24th, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle, Little Guy and Cuz left and Tink and the rest of the family moved to Old Key West until the 31st. They’re DVC members and have fallen in love with OKW.

tinkgurl, Fiance, Little Guy on his shoulders, Sis, & Cuz:

momdisney129.jpg

Dad, Mom, & Uncle:

momdisney184.jpg

Grandma & Grandpa:

244-1.jpg

~xoktenox's group is small, just her (Kristen) and her boyfriend, Chris. They’ve been together for over three years now and have experienced WDW together three times, although Kristen had gone several times as a kid. This trip was a birthday celebration for Kristen since her birthday is August 4th. She wore her birthday button most of the week! As part of her birthday present, Chris paid for them to stay an extra night in WDW. Their trip was from July 20-28 when it was supposed to only be until the 27th. Adding the extra day didn’t just mean paying for an extra night at Pop but also an extra day of the dining plan for both of them and an extra day of tickets to the parks. It wasn’t cheap so Kristen was surprised to find out that with the help of Dawn (punkin413), Chris had planned two birthday surprises for her. If you didn’t see her updates on Facebook, you will have to wait to see what they turned out to be!

Chris
720.jpg

Kristen
721.jpg

411.jpg

*Continued in next post: Day 1

~Tink's Day 1- July 17th:

We woke up around 4:15 am. YES, 4:15 am!! We got all packed up at my house and headed over to Uncle's to meet up with the rest of the group. Little Guy was just waking up when we got there, so I was able to help get him ready. We left Uncle's around 6:15..before we left, I started 'Bolt' on Little Guy's DVD player for him.

We drove for about an hour, then stoped at Bob Evans for breakfast. They were SO slow with our food, so our waitress brought us biscuits and Little Guy a balloon to hold us over while we waited. FINALLY, we ate and were back on the road. Little Guy wanted to ride in our car (which became a theme for the rest of the drive to WDW, haha!), so we ended up watching Monsters, Inc., Nemo, Pocohantas, and Aladdin the whole way there. Somewhere along the way, we stopped for gas and grabbed some lunch at a McDonald's. We made it into our hotel in Nashville around 4:45 p.m. My group was in room 306 and the rest of the family was in room 206- which happened to be the room that we had both on the way down and the way home last year!!

We tried to get the Little Guy to take a nap, but he was so excited to go swimming. He was all decked out...the Nemo swimming trunks, goggles, and a floatie thing he stepped into.

200-1.jpg

He was having a blast jumping into the pool to either Uncle (his daddy) or Fiance. We eventually had to pry him away from the pool so we could go eat!

We headed to a Ruby Tuesday's that was nearby. Kristen had sent me some gift cards for there so we were able to use those! Thanks girl! After we were done and full, we were really ready for bed. We headed back to the hotel and we went our seperate ways.

~Kristen's Day 1- July 17th:

So since Tink and her family left on July 17th for their drive down to WDW, I’ll start there too. My cousin is getting married on September 5th and I’m in her bridal party along with 3 of my other cousins, two of her cousins from the other side of the family and one of her friends. Anyway, the 17th was the day of her bridal shower. We had it at a local steakhouse which had a room we were able to rent out for a really great price. I’ll just post some pictures I took that day.

Gorgeous cake one of my dad’s co-workers made
002.jpg

Ceiling decoration
003.jpg

Table setup
006.jpg

My wonderful Grammy
008.jpg

My wonderful Grandma
009.jpg

Wishing well made of a hamper, broom, mop, cookie sheets and other household things
010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Two of my cousins’ kids, Juliana and Mikey
016.jpg

My cousin’s daughter, Angelique
017.jpg

My mom, caught off guard
018.jpg

019.jpg

Balloon
021.jpg

Dog all the guests signed
022.jpg

My cousin Trisha who is Shannon’s sister and the Maid of Honor
023.jpg

The bridal party, minus one who thought being late was a good idea
024.jpg

025.jpg

That’s all the pictures I have from my camera because me, being so intelligent, didn’t charge my camera’s batteries all the way and my camera died. Despite that, everything went super well and we were all really happy. Shannon loved it and got tons of great gifts from all the guests. After the shower I went home and then headed to Chris’s that night to help him get started packing. We hit the hay pretty early since we were both really tired and Chris had to work the next day.[/FONT]

I'm here. I'm going back to read now!

Great start. Love all the pictures of everyone in the World. Everyone looks so happy.

Kristeen the shower pictures are great. I've never seen the wishing well. What a great idea.

YAY!! I can't wait to hear about everything girlies!!!

YAY you girs started!!! Tink, the little guy is so cute!!!

Looking forward to reading more : )

I'm here! Hey, Tink! Don't know if you remember me, but I've read all of your past TRs. CONGRATS on your engagement, BTW!!! I'm so happy for you! :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about this trip! I'm sure it was ultra-special for you since the Little Guy, your grandparents, and Kristen and Chris got to come along this time. I can't wait for more! :banana: (P.S. The Little Guy in his swimsuit by the pool is SO. ADORABLE.)

And hey, Kristen! I've seen you around the boards, but I don't know if we've ever "met" so to speak. ;) I can't wait to hear about your side of things too. You and Chris look really cute together. Love the pics of the bridal shower. That "wishing well" was sooooooooo cute! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more, girls! :goodvibes

Definitely in on this one! :thumbsup2

Little Guy is too cute all decked out in his swimming gear! He reminds me of Jake with the goggles... he never wants to take them off! :rotfl:

Kristen, the bridal shower looks like it turned out really nice!

Yah you guys started!

The little guy is too cute in his swimgear and I can't wait to hear his reaction to everything.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

Hi there! I am joining! I have read Tinks last 2 trip reports, and I am looking forward to reading this one. Hope you don't mind! :)

Hi girls! I've lurked on y'alls previous trip reports, but I just wanted to come out of hiding and say that I'm so excited to read this TR!

The pictures are already wonderful. I will be along for this 'two trips in one' report. :cool1:

Yay!! I'm so excited to read about your adventures at WDW! :woohoo: This is going to be such a fun TR.

Tink, the little guy looks SO cute in his swimming stuff! Watching all of those movies makes me think of my little sister. She's 10 years younger than me, and she would always judge the length of car rides by how many movies it would take. :upsidedow

Kristen, it looks like you had a great time at the shower! That cake is gorgeous, and your pictures with your grandmas and mom are so sweet.

Can't wait to read more!

YAY! I'M HERE!! I can't wait to read all about your adventures. :cool1: I will probably cry when you get to the part where you guys FINALLY meet. I'm such a sap for stuff like that. :rotfl:

TINK, the Little Guy looks ADORABLE all decked out in his swim gear and ready to hit the pool. I remember when we traveled to WDW with my cousins a few years ago, we could barely drag my little cousin away from the pool. She's like a little fish!

KRISTEN, the shower looks like it was a lot of fun. And that cake is GORGEOUS. Oh, and this is kinda random, but one of my best friends' name is Kristin, and she's also dating a guy named Chris. Apparently it's a popular combination. :laughing:

CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter