You're the best parents in the world! I gotta pee! Where's My Tooth? Trip report!

Our Epcot day had been an "eventful" :lmao: one but we still had a wonderful day at the park. We were pleased that we were able to see and do as much as we did. Still, we would have loved to have had another day in Epcot but, alas, it wasn't to be this go round.

After John had "chatted", a/k/a gossiped, with Mark for a while, and most of the crowds had already filtered out of the park, we walked to the CBR bus stop. The Pop Century stop was beside the CBR stop and I saw a lady standing in the Pop line and she had a lime green Mickey head on her backpack. I punched John in the side and said "hey there's a diser!". I walked over to her and said "I'm a diser too!" . I hate that I can't remember her user name or I'd say hello again. I didn't get to say much because the CBR bus pulled up right then. That was the first time in two years that I'd seen a diser at the park so I was excited.

The bus ride to the CBR was short and when we got to our room, we got ready for bed and plopped down. I think it took a total of two minutes for us to fall asleep that night. We were bushed from all the driving to WDW, running to the bathroom and chasing a tooth.

The next morning, Stitch called and woke us up bright and early. When I say us, I mean me. The two boys never even heard the telephone and didn't move a muscle. I decided to let them sleep while I jumped in the shower.

It didn't take much nudging to get Hunter up, into the shower and dressed. Now that he was all wide eyed and bushy tailed, Hunter, was ready for his standard breakfast.....a Little Debbie Fudge Round. I know, I know, that's not the most nutricious breakfast item but that's all the boy wants in the morning. Not cereal, not toast, not pancakes, a Fudge Round.

While Hunter was getting his daily dose of nutrients :laughing:, I started the long process of waking John up. Because he has epilepsy, he has to take a handful of medicine every night so his medicine levels are maintained over the long nighttime period. Seizure medications make him super groggy and, if he's not moving around, he can go to sleep in no time at all. Still, it's better than having a seizure so we deal with it. Okay, enough details, John eventually got up, showered, dressed and had his morning cup of coffee.

And we were off to catch a bus to Hollwood Studios! Toy Story Mania here we come! One of the things that I really like about the CBR, is the fact that each village has their own bus stop so you're never far from one. Super convenient. We arrived at the bus stop a little before 9:00 a.m. After just an 11 minute ride, we pulled into the Hollywood Studios bus stop. The park had just opened and we had a mission.....to make Toy Story Mania our first ride of the day.

First picture of the day:
100_0503-1.jpg

And then we get to here
100_0504-2.jpg

and a castmember stops me....
"Can I help you find something?"
"No thanks, we know where we are going."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes m'am. We're headed to Toy Story Mania."
"Well you're going the wrong way."
"We really do know where we are going. Thanks anyway!"
"You really are going the wrong way!"

I don't mean to be rude or sound like I don't want a castmember's help but we were in a hurry and the last time I checked, we WERE going the right way AND we were ahead of most of the crowds! Duh! Stop talking to me so I can get to Toy Story Mania! After going the "wrong" way, we arrived at Toy Story Mania and the wait was only 20 minutes.

I took these pictures while we waited. I think I took more but they are probably among the lost photos.
100_0506-2.jpg

100_0510-1.jpg

100_0508-3.jpg

100_0509-1.jpg

100_0511-2.jpg

The wait for the ride was probably a little bit long than 20 minutes but well worth it. We absolutely loved it. Here's a picture of mine and Hunter's scores. His is the highest one.
100_0512-2.jpg

I'm so glad that Lacey is going on our August, 2009 trip with us. It's kind of hard when you have a party of three. Hunter has to decide if he wants to ride on his own, or with me or with his Dad because many ride vehicles won't hold three people. When Lacey's with us, we can do two-and-two.

Hunter really wanted to get chosen for Jedi Training Academy so we went there next. We waited and waited and waited and Hunter was really close to the stage but.....he didn't get picked. Bummer! Instead of waiting around for the whole show, we decided to go over to Indiana Jones. The guests were already entering the theater and it was nearly full but the castmember kept telling people to go in. We got in the line and we waited along with everybody else while they tried to fit more and more people into the theater. When they finally let us in, it was standing room only.

100_0519-2.jpg

100_0527.jpg

100_0528.jpg

100_0529-1.jpg

100_0530-2.jpg

100_0531-2.jpg

100_0532.jpg

100_0533.jpg

100_0538-1.jpg

100_0540-1.jpg

100_0542.jpg

Hunter was really into Indiana Jones around the time we went to WDW and one of the things he wanted to spend his money on was an Indiana Jones hat. It took forever to find one to fit him but he finally found one. I'll post a picture of it later on.

I'll continue on tomorrow. My ghost hunter show is coming on and I've got to pick up some tips on uncovering the ghost in my office.:thumbsup2

I just realized that I should have told you guys that I wrote the most recent update last night but then found out I couldn't post it because the boards were down. So, I copied it and pasted it in this morning.

I'll try to post more this evening. Hunter and I are on the way to the mall again today. I've got to try and find gifts for Lacey and her other 14 classmates. I'm thinking something engraved with "MGMC Class of 2008-2009" but I'll just have to wait and see what they have and how much the cost will be.:scared:

And, I have to stop by the office before heading to the mall because my boss bought his sister a birthday gift and can't remember where he put it. :confused: I offered to go by the office and see where he put it. Or maybe......the ghost(s) moved it around?!?!

i'm really enjoying your report mickeystoontown. i've been to the studios twice before but it was a long time ago matter of fact it was when i was pregnant with my second child and he's 18 so really looking forward to it especially going on toy story mania that looks like alot of fun. took my kids to burger king today and my youngest's son's baby tooth fell out made me think of what happend to you,lol.

GREAT update. I really enjoyed TSM too. We were lucky enough to get some FP's late in the morning the day we went for an afternoon ride, so we ended our day with that ride before heading to HDDR.
I'm not sure if I ever have seeen a Diser or not, but I think I have, but just never went up to them. LOL!

That's funny that you mention your PTR. I did one, too, before my trip in March, and NOBODY responded! I think I ended up talking to myself, too, and then I finally just quit. Nobody missed me, LOL!

I didn't get to many hits on my TR, either, so I must be pretty boring... :laughing: Oh, well. And you know what? I talk to myself sometimes and answer myself sometimes, too. I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!!

And do your own thing if you want to. You can have family togetherness and some alone time for your own group. I followed my crowd too much, every step of the way doing what they wanted to do, and you know what? The one night my DS4 and I stayed behind on our own, was the most magical for me and him! So, don't feel bad about branching off some.

It's good for "sanity".

Did you have a TON of pictures in your PTR? I found the ones that get alot of hits seem to be the ones that start out with alot of pictures in the first couple of posts. People like to know who you are and also see your interests or past Disney pictures.
Also I am going to check out you TR, but I did see that you have ALOT of writing between pictures...another thing I have noticed is the more pictures the better. Yes I want to know the details, but I want to see the pictures that go with it it too. Thats jsut what I have noticed about the ones that get alot of hits.
I'll try to catch up on yours in the next day or so. :thumbsup2

One other thing MICKEY4EVER, in your intro post, you don't introduce yourself or anyone else, so that makes it harder to follow. Maybe edit it a bit and put the dates, the "cast" and stuff like you are driving there and maybe where you are from. Just reading the first couple of paragraphs I am a little lost. Also maybe add a picture of you and DS so people can get a feel for who theyr are reading about right away. Of course these are suggestions, but I actually pass up most TR's if they don't start out with that kind of stuff.

Ok, no more hyjacking of the thread...I promise! :cutie:

i'm really enjoying your report mickeystoontown. i've been to the studios twice before but it was a long time ago matter of fact it was when i was pregnant with my second child and he's 18 so really looking forward to it especially going on toy story mania that looks like alot of fun. took my kids to burger king today and my youngest's son's baby tooth fell out made me think of what happend to you,lol.

Oh my goodness, it has been a while since you've been to Hollywood Studios (still MGM to us). There's a lot of new stuf there that you're sure to enjoy.

Tell you son to put that tooth under a pillow for the tooth fairy. I didn't get a thing for my tooth.:rotfl: Yes I did! A lot of laughs.:lmao:

One other thing MICKEY4EVER, in your intro post, you don't introduce yourself or anyone else, so that makes it harder to follow. Maybe edit it a bit and put the dates, the "cast" and stuff like you are driving there and maybe where you are from. Just reading the first couple of paragraphs I am a little lost. Also maybe add a picture of you and DS so people can get a feel for who theyr are reading about right away. Of course these are suggestions, but I actually pass up most TR's if they don't start out with that kind of stuff.

Ok, no more hyjacking of the thread...I promise! :cutie:

I agreed with Jen. I like to put a person's face to their name. It just helps me get into the trip report more.

Jen, I don't think you hijacked my thread. I reckon what you did was just fine!;)

Great update! Your pictures of the Indiana Jones show are AMAZING!! Very, very nice!

Did the CM who tried to tell you that you were going the wrong way not know you were a DISer!! :confused3 Not only do we know WHERE we are going, we've planned out HOW to get there in the most efficient way, where we are going NEXT, and how long we should have to wait once we DO get there! She did NOT know who she was messin' with! :rotfl:

I LOVE a good ghost story..although I have to admit I'd be a little creeped out. Whenever we watch those types of shows, I make Jeff leave the lights on when we head to bed and walk me to the bathroom if I need to go! LOL! ;)

I'm loving your TR!!!! I finally got caught up from my last post. Poor you and your tooth.......that was too funny:rotfl: You were so prepared packing the super glue:thumbsup2 I love all the Illumination pictures!! Sorry that Rose and Crown wasn't what you expected, especially since it was your anniversary dinner. Great pictures from DHS!!! We loved Toy Story Mania!! Can't wait to go back.:cool1:

I'm here and ready to read more....
OMG about the tooth i'm glad you got to fix it ...:lmao:
yea I heard Rose and Crown was not so good...

I'm loving your TR!!!! I finally got caught up from my last post. Poor you and your tooth.......that was too funny:rotfl: You were so prepared packing the super glue:thumbsup2 I love all the Illumination pictures!! Sorry that Rose and Crown wasn't what you expected, especially since it was your anniversary dinner. Great pictures from DHS!!! We loved Toy Story Mania!! Can't wait to go back.:cool1:

After having the tooth fall out two times before we ever left for vacation, I knew I had to have a backup plan just in case. Thank goodness I did! Super glue to the rescue!!!!!:rotfl:

I was upset that my pictures of Illuminations didn't turn out any better. This was the first time that I had used my camera at night and I was still tinkering with the settings.

I thought the Indiana Jones pictures were pretty good too. I had several more but thought I'd bore you guys with too many.

Great update! Your pictures of the Indiana Jones show are AMAZING!! Very, very nice!

Did the CM who tried to tell you that you were going the wrong way not know you were a DISer!! :confused3 Not only do we know WHERE we are going, we've planned out HOW to get there in the most efficient way, where we are going NEXT, and how long we should have to wait once we DO get there! She did NOT know who she was messin' with! :rotfl:

I LOVE a good ghost story..although I have to admit I'd be a little creeped out. Whenever we watch those types of shows, I make Jeff leave the lights on when we head to bed and walk me to the bathroom if I need to go! LOL! ;)

Thanks for the compliment. Like I said above, I took more pictures of the Inidiana Jones show 'cause Hunter was really really into Indiana Jones at the time. I like the action ones.

I swear I was ready to just punch the CM and run off. The lady was doing nothing but delaying me from getting to the first thing on my list of "must sees". :scared: Oh I knew where I was going alright and I was on a mission to get there. Seriously though, I appreciate that the CM was just trying to do her job but help somebody else please.

I like to watch the ghost hunter shows and usually don't get too creeped out by them. One of the shows has actually come to our town to investigate a museum (a little one) and a castle (yep we have a castle albiet a semi-small one). So far, the show hasn't made it to the airwaves and I don't know if it will. My sister's friend is the curator there and told my sister that they don't want it getting out that it's haunted because they are afraid it would hurt their business. Our town is not a huge metropolis and every business needs every patron they can get.

And your a ghost hunter??? Can you get any better?? :worship:

need to hear more about that as well :)

Thanks for the praise! I'll take it any way I can get it.:lmao:

I went by the office before heading to shop today. I found the gift that my boss was looking for. I swear, you guys, when I last saw it, it was my bosses office on one of the bookshelves behind his desk. Hunter and I looked all over the place and I finally went into one of the "junk" offices to look. It was in there! Under the desk pushed way underneath where the office chair slides in. I had to crawl under to get to it. I know neither one of us would have put it way back there.:confused3

I'm here and ready to read more....
OMG about the tooth i'm glad you got to fix it ...:lmao:
yea I heard Rose and Crown was not so good...

Yeah! You're hear. I'm glad that I was able to give you a chuckle or two.

My boss forewarned me that United Kingdom food was just so-so. But, it was the only place I could get an ADR for on our anniversary. Oh well....live and learn.

When I left off, we had just seen Indiana Jones and Hunter was shopping for a hat. After much trying on, he found just the right one and was ready to head to Star Tours. I decided that, since I was the designated Fastpass getter, I would go over and get Fastpasses for Rock n' Roller Coaster while John and Hunter rode Star Tours. So, we parted ways for a little while.

I wish I could remember what time the Fastpasses were for but I can't right now. I do remember that it was for pretty late in the day because we rode it before we ate dinner and got in line for Fantasmic. Fastpasses safely tucked away in my wallet, I started back to meet up with my boys. But, not before stopping at a potty. I saw this on the bathroom door lock and thought it was so hilarious. I just had to take a picture. Look closely at what it says......"Hiney Hidders"!.
100_0548-1.jpg

I called John on the cell phone and they were doing some window shopping in Star Tours. They had also let Hunter try to get picked for Jedi Training again since a session had just started when they got off Star Tours. No luck!

So, we got in line for Star Tours again since the wait was just 5 minutes. I don't know if it's just pure luck but we have never had a wait longer than 10 minutes for this attraction. Here are a few pictures I took while walking through. I had to take them fast because there were a few people coming up behind us.
100_0577-1.jpg

100_0578-1.jpg

Next up on our list? Muppet Vision 3D. John loves this attraction. Why? First of all, he loves it when Miss Piggy kicks the rabbit out of her way. Brutal? Yes, but it loves that part. The second reason? Because it's nice and cool in the theater and with those 3D glasses on, you can't see that he's taking a short nap. I told you he could go to sleep anywhere/anytime.

100_0573-2.jpg

After seeing the Muppets and John taking his late morning snooze, we realized we were hungry and Hunter really wanted a Toy Story Pizza Planet pizza. Well, so did everybody else in the park. When I say there wasn't an empty table, I mean there wasn't an empty table. Hunter stood in line with me while John walked around looking for a place to sit. John called me about 15 minutes later (I still hadn't even ordered yet.) and said he had a table outside. After I finally placed our order, it took no time at all for our food to be ready. Sorry, no pictures of the pizzas and salads.

While we ate, I took our a show schedule and saw that the Lights, Motor, Action Show was going to start in just 20 minutes. We gobbled down the last bit of food and headed right there. When we got to the theater, the castmembers were rushing us through saying if we didn't hurry, we wouldn't get in. Whew! We just made it.
I took tons of pictures. I won't post them all but it's still a lot. Sorry! If you don't want to see them all, scroll down.
100_0550-1.jpg

100_0551.jpg

100_0553-1.jpg

100_0554.jpg

100_0556-1.jpg

100_0558.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0562-1.jpg

100_0564-3.jpg

100_0566.jpg

100_0568-1.jpg

100_0571.jpg

100_0572-1.jpg

I'll stop here for now. I am about to go to Wal Mart and pick up a few groceries. We are taking John camping this coming weekend for Father's Day and I need to pick up a few things. I just hate stopping after work. When I get off work, I want to just go home. Not stop at Wal Mart.

I'll get another installment up later today

Lights, Motors, Action is our FAVORITE!

Love the pic from the bathroom stall..I would totally have noticed that and found it hilarious as well! :rotfl:

OK, I am all caught up now. Next?
:surfweb:

just kidding...

Awesome stuff, I am so looking forward to the Lights, Motor, Action Show.

and the rest of Disney....

[under my breath] (will September never get here?)

Again, great trip report! Thanks for sharing!

We missed Lights, Motors, Action **as we missed all the shows**. Love that you even noticed the lock:lmao:, I wouldn't have I run in so fast do the deed and run out...and if I have Ashton with me its down to the last stall and I don't even close the door all the way (if he is in the stroller).

The hiney hider is too funny :lmao:. We didn't get to see Lights Motor this trip either. We missed it last year too. I plan on seeing it in September though. The link to my Sept PTR is in my siggie line :goodvibes.

LOL I love the pic of the door lock. I have seen the "Hiney Hiders" before but not at Disney, it's still funny though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter