You're the best parents in the world! I gotta pee! Where's My Tooth? Trip report!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by mickeystoontown, Jun 3, 2009.

1. aaaateamsgrandma

aaaateamsgrandma DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MICKEY4EVER!

MICKEY4EVER! Are we there yet?

Great AK report! Love the TOL pics. I've never been that close to it to see all the details. I did watch a special on TV a while back that showed how it was made. Very cool! :thumbsup2

I'm loving that you and Hunter said an actual prayer right there in the park and your prayer was answered. Don't you just love "divine intervention?" :cloud9:

Cute Lilo pics with Hunter. He's such a cutie, anyways... :cutie:

Oh, and I didn't see the hidden Mickey when you showed it on the close up, but I did scroll back up to the first photo and there it was! I never noticed that before!

Looking forward to more. Have fun on your quest for the lone autograph book!!!! :tink:

4. MICKEY4EVER!

MICKEY4EVER! Are we there yet?

Lisa, this is quite the compliment!!!! :rotfl:

5. natale1980

natale1980 "When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"..

I'm no animal expert but I think that was a manatee not a walrus. ;)

I didn't post that because I wanted to say "Your Wrong." I just wanted you to know that I was paying attention! :goodvibes

-nat

6. hhockman

hhockman DIS Veteran

GREAT pictures!

I'm LOVING that you prayed for sun right there in the middle of the park. Awesome! :goodvibes And I'll bet John was grateful. ;)

That was a cool hidden Mickey. I've never noticed it before. I think we will take some time to look at the Tree this time too. Cole is very competitive so if I ask the boys how many animals they can find, we should have some fun.

Can't wait to see if John is Happy or Grumpy. ;)

7. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

I'm gonna head over there now!

Somebody answered it!

Stitch wasn't around this time. But, it was okay because we saw him at Magic Kingdom.

It's amazing how many animals we saw carved into the tree that we haven't seen before.

And, yes, our prayer was answered. It never hurts to ask!:cloud9:

8. dismagiclover

dismagiclover Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Those Tree of Life pictures are awesome! I didn't know you could get so close to the tree! Where is that trail? Taking time to just explore is one of the best things at Animal Kingdom (we don't do it enough!)

9. mickeystoontown

Welcome aboard! I believe you were reading Natale's report when you saw a reference to my report. I'm honored that she thought my report was a good enough read to recommend it to everyone.

I feel quite proud that you took my trip report along with you to the bathroom. You'll recall that I've had a "I gotta pee" moment too.:laughing:

You would think that after 13 trips to Disney, I'd forget the dteails but pictures really do help. This year, I am going to make notes each night so I can keep up with even more details.

The countdown calendar was really easy to make. I just used a large piece of posterboard and the Mickey heads from Home Depot. If I can do it, you can too.

10. mickeystoontown

What a goofnut I am! Of course that's not a walrus. It is a manatee. Thanks for pointing it out.

John was thankful for the answered prayer. His dad is a pastor, two of his five brothers are pastors, my dad was a deacon in the church, my grandfather was a missionary, my great uncle was a pastor and Lacey will be Reverend Lacey by this time next year. We aren't preachy people but we do have our beliefs.

I had never noticed the hidden Mickey until somebody on the Dis said something about it. Then, it was obvious. You should make a list of animals for them to find and make a scavenger hunt for the boys. They'd have a great time.

11. mickeystoontown

Let's see if I can describe how to find it.......when you get into the park, go towards Pizzafari. There is a Tree of Life sign that will be on your right. There is a small animal observation right past the sign. Somewhere up in that area was the start of the path.

We've had some of the best times at Animal Kingdom. I have fond memories of us skipping through the park at the end of the day with our ponchos on and just being happy. We stepped in every rain puddle we could find. It was such fun.

12. Angies1274

Angies1274 DIS Veteran

Love the Tree of Life pictures!!!:goodvibes We were so happy when we found the trails this year!! It was definitely alot of fun exploring the trails and finding all the different animals.:thumbsup2

I'm glad the sun finally peeked through for you guys--and what great pictures of Hunter with Lilo!!:;)

13. MJAJmom

MJAJmom DIS Veteran

The animals inside the tree of life are amazing. We've never really stopped to look at them in great detail. I loved your poncho prayer -- seems like it worked!!

14. bballbabe

bballbabe Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

Well, we just came back from Home Depot with 90 Mickey heads. We plan on making our calendar tomorrow. I finally get to make ADRs bright and early Sunday morning. :banana:

I just tried my hand at uploading pics, the link is below. Now I'll try and do a REAL report of our trip from last year. When I get it going, I'll let you know. :surfweb:

15. longing2Batdisney

longing2Batdisney DIS Veteran

Love the 1st pic of Hunter and Lilo --looks like they are both soooo excited to see on another!:thumbsup2 great pics of the tree of life! Loved that your prayer was granted wonderful story to add:wizard:.

sat down with the computer about 30 min ago and Danny said why??? cause I need to catch up w/the dis:rotfl::rotfl2::thumbsup2
    he went outside w/an eyeroll. just does not understand the addiction

OT: sharing great find: Kmart has 50% off selected toys-got Ashton a great Diego dinosaur mountain /if you have kids on that christmas list of yours you need to stop and check and see what is left--some items were marked down to $2 reg $12/20 even clothes were marked down 50% -- we have four 3yr b-days in the next three Sat (w/ Ashton's on the last--shopping for bargins --just need to finish w/Ashton's party stuff and gifts)

Have a great weekend and road trip!!! :thumbsup2

16. mickeystoontown

Aren't the trails just the neatest thing?!?! This trip I am on a mission to find the rabbit on the tree. I've seen pictures of it but have never found it. You didn't happen to find it did you?

Animal Kingdom is one of those parks that we really do a "stop and smell the roses" type of touring plan. There are so many details everywhere you turn.

I thought the prayer was just perfect.

17. mickeystoontown

We had a lot of fun making our countdown calendar and I know you will too. I always feel much better when my ADRs are made.

Hunter has never been afraid of the characters even when he was just one year old. As you can see in the picture, he was talking to Lilo. I don't remember what he was telling her but I'm sure it was some tale.

John sits in the bedroom with me (where the computer is) and chats while I check my emails, my disboards, my ebay, etc. Hey, a girl's gotta keep up with the important stuff. John does truly understand how the posting works on the disboards but I try to explain so he semi-understands.:laughing:

I wish we still had a K-Mart around here. Our's shut down several years ago. Sounds like they had some great deals.

We drew our Christmas names when we were all together at Easter. Yes, I know that's early but it also gives everybody time to look around for that something special. I try to buy at least a few of my Christmas gifts while at Disney because it'll be unique.

We're supposed to head off to Shreveport in the morning and will probably make a day of it.

18. Angies1274

Angies1274 DIS Veteran

Yes, I think I did find it. If it's the same one your talking about..... I went back and looked through my TR and there it was.:thumbsup2 From the looks of my pictures it was just after we went through the cave with the waterfall???
    It was one of the last pictures I took of the tree so it must be close to the way out. Good luck..:goodvibes

19. mickeystoontown

Thanks for the information. I saw a picture of the rabbit somewhere on the boards but I've never seen it. I may just have to get a castmember to show me the way.

20. mickeystoontown

Good morning all! We are up and getting ready for our 100 mile trek to get one lone solitary graduation scrapbook. We'll make a fine day of it I am sure.

I officially added Lacey to our Disney reservations last night. I was originally told that I had until 72 hours before check in to add her. But, I didn't want to wait that long to do it. If something gets messed up with the reservation somehow, someway, I want more than 72 hours to fix it. She had previously gotten permission to go back to Georgia three days later than the rest of the students but I wanted to make sure they didn't change their minds and say she had to come back on time.

I called her last night to tell her she had been added to our Pop Century reservations (she doesn't know about switching to Caribbean Beach Resort). You know what the little stinker did? She said "Mom, is there any way you can take me back off? I was just about to call you and tell her I can't go." Scared the heck out of me. Then she said she was just kidding.

Oh and my second Mickey mail came yesterday complete with another set of luggage tags and vouchers. I don't know if they'll let me use the vouchers twice but I bet you I'm gonna try. I asked the castmember (when I added Lacey) if I would be getting another package with Lacey included. He said he wasn't sure. Sometimes, they send out another package sometimes they don't. So, I may be getting even more Mickey mail.

Hope everybody has a great day. We are about ready to head off on our shopping adventure.

21. bballbabe

bballbabe Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

Good luckand have fun on that shopping trip!