"You're not making good choices, Phoebe!" A July 2015 Trip Report *completed 1/2/16*

Is this your first TR? If so, you've managed to pull in quite an audience. 5000+ views in one week? *jealous* :)

I'll catch up on the updates this weekend. Apparently, this TR is a good one. Keep it up!

I keep going back and forth on the Dessert Party. On the one hand, I feel it's worth it for the great viewing area. On the other hand, the price and the fact that I would gorge myself on dessert.

Your fireworks photos are great!

Thanks for sharing your report! I am so glad you showed the dessert party. We did it in May, and was wondering if the price increase meant anything better. Apparently it does not as far as the dessert/drink selections, as we had the same at the cheaper prices. But, how was the service? Did your table get cleared in a timely manner? We the dessert stations and drink stations kept clean, neat and full? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

I LOVE the ears. Can you share her instagram account so I can check when she opens her store again? I may need some of those for next year.

Also, I noticed one of the boys has a Jack MB! Did you decorate it like this or is a special purchase band or is a MB skin (and if so where did you get it???) A friend going with us next year is a HUGE NBC fan.

Thanks!

Lynn

Glad you enjoyed the dessert party! We did it back in 2012. Lol about being able to leave your hair down almost all night! A couple mornings last Aug. I actually dared leaving the room with mine down-and made it to the park entrance before putting it up :sad2:. I felt it expanding the entire walk to the bus stop/bus ride and just decided the heck with it!
My boys LOVE Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor :thumbsup2 I do too, the first time we do it each trip. By the 3rd time I'm kind of over it lol but for whatever reason it's one of their favorites and a must to repeat on each trip.

Great Update! Looks like so much fun and the dessert party looks so yummy. Great fireworks pics:-)

Loving your TR so far!

Thank you so much!! I'm glad you're here!!

I'm loving your report! It's reminding me of all we did! I wish I had the energy for a TR, but my classroom is calling my name and I'm afraid free time should be spent there... And you know.. On Netflix.

It was so great to meet you and your family! Your boys are adorable! I could just see how excited they were.. It makes my heart happy to see kids excited in Disney. Everyone LOVED the dessert party in my family. I thought it was great too, but we had done it previously at the lower price and since I'm the one who shelled out for that, I couldn't help but think about the changes and their worth. Regardless, avoiding those Wishes crowds is worth it in my book and so we'll likely do it again!

I agree about the desserts being light. Great choices. I think my son ate his weight in the fruit, so I was happy with that. My nephew loved the cheese and ice cream. My sister tried everything and enjoyed it all. I apparently didn't have much of an appetite, but enjoyed what I ate.

We had the same issue with being pushed out a bit. There were some little ones next to me giving their grown up a tough time, so we were pushed us out a bit, but overall we still had a fantastic view!

We did Peoplemover after too, but I'm a horrible Diser and have no photographic evidence! I do have this shot taken around 1130 to show that's what time we were on the bus back... Clearly my son was very tired!
View attachment 112930
We had a blast that night, but we were tired! So glad to have met you! Looking forward to the rest of your TR!

Oh... Side note! We loved Ant-Man too!!

Netflix. Amen, sister.
Ant Man was hilarious!! X goes around calling everything "crazy stupid fine" or whatever it was that Ant Man's friend kept saying over and over when he was in the middle of one of his stories, lol.

I'm glad you enjoyed the dessert party too! It sounds like we had similar experiences with it.
We were all so tired that night...it affects the next morning!

Love all the family selfies!!

I appreciated your review of the dessert party! Some of those desserts sound really good. I love the Wishes pictures, what an awesome view!

Tomorrowland at night is so pretty, great place to end your night!

It was such a great way to end the evening. I was pleased with the way the day went as a whole. The Wishes view at the party was good, the best part was Tinkerbell being so close on her flight!
Tomorrowland is probably my favorite area of the park at night!

Great details about the dessert party! It sounds like you really felt the experience was worth the cost.

Well, we enjoyed it, but to be honest, I had to take the cost out of the equation. I'm not sure it was "worth" the cost, but because we paid for it so long ago, the cost was sort of forgotten (kind of, haha). I'm a cheapskate by nature, but I loosen my grip on the wallet at Disney World. I get no enjoyment of a thing if I sit and think about how much it costs, so I had to focus on the experience itself and make the cost a non-issue.

Is this your first TR? If so, you've managed to pull in quite an audience. 5000+ views in one week? *jealous* :)

I'll catch up on the updates this weekend. Apparently, this TR is a good one. Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words. It's not my first TR, I did my first one last year for our August 2014 trip. Maybe my title is just odd enough to pull in clicks, LOL!!
Glad you're still aboard my crazy train!

I keep going back and forth on the Dessert Party. On the one hand, I feel it's worth it for the great viewing area. On the other hand, the price and the fact that I would gorge myself on dessert.

Your fireworks photos are great!

In my opinion, it's worth doing once, to see how you feel. I was able to focus less on the cost because it has to be paid so far in advance. The sting had worn off by the time we were actually there, LOL.
I was pleased with how the fireworks photos came out! I've never managed to take a good one before, so it was one of my most exciting moments. I'm easy to please, haha!!

Thanks for sharing your report! I am so glad you showed the dessert party. We did it in May, and was wondering if the price increase meant anything better. Apparently it does not as far as the dessert/drink selections, as we had the same at the cheaper prices. But, how was the service? Did your table get cleared in a timely manner? We the dessert stations and drink stations kept clean, neat and full? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

I LOVE the ears. Can you share her instagram account so I can check when she opens her store again? I may need some of those for next year.

Also, I noticed one of the boys has a Jack MB! Did you decorate it like this or is a special purchase band or is a MB skin (and if so where did you get it???) A friend going with us next year is a HUGE NBC fan.

Thanks!

Lynn

I don't know if there's anything super special about it now compared to the pre-price increase party. Like I've said to others, I just had to forget how much we paid and just stay in the moment. Service was eh. I feel like I wanted someone to come clear our table WAY before they actually did. Everything was kept very clean that I saw, but to be honest, I only went up to the buffet once. My kids went up a couple times, and I had them grab things for me. I just asked DH just now, and he said they took good care of the buffet area, and it looked nice every time he saw it. The drink tables included.

The instagram account for my ear girl is EarBowtique. She's amazing.

And the magic bands I did myself! I did an entry on my pre-trip report for each band, but the link specific to the Jack band is HERE

Thanks for following!!

Glad you enjoyed the dessert party! We did it back in 2012. Lol about being able to leave your hair down almost all night! A couple mornings last Aug. I actually dared leaving the room with mine down-and made it to the park entrance before putting it up :sad2:. I felt it expanding the entire walk to the bus stop/bus ride and just decided the heck with it!
My boys LOVE Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor :thumbsup2 I do too, the first time we do it each trip. By the 3rd time I'm kind of over it lol but for whatever reason it's one of their favorites and a must to repeat on each trip.

I did the EXACT same thing with my hair last August!! I tried, and I failed. Being able to keep it down this night was like winning the lottery! I was able to leave it down on the night of our 'Ohana dinner and my solo visit to the MK, too. It was thrilling!!
Most of the time while we're there I don't even try to look any kind of attractive. Too much work, LOL!!

Great Update! Looks like so much fun and the dessert party looks so yummy. Great fireworks pics:-)

Thank you!! The desserts were good! I don't know why that plain vanilla thing was so good, but it really, really was!

Happy Saturday, Everyone!!

Hope things are going well for you all today :-):-)
Just me and DH this weekend, which is a nice, if rare, occurrence! Our first stop this morning was to an antique store/flea market place, to hopefully buy this great cabinet they had posted on Instagram yesterday. We were there RIGHT as they opened, but the people who walked in just ahead of us asked for it and got it. Boo! I felt so deflated! It was perfect for the area between our living room and the eat-in part of our kitchen. Guess I'm still on the hunt :sad:

After that we drove through a few car dealerships, and peeked in a few different cars. We are looking for a 3rd row SUV, and I'm dissatisfied with all but two that we've looked at. So I guess I can say that we are actively looking for an Infiniti QX56, a QX80 (they're the same thing, just new name for the newer year), or a new Nissan Armada Platinum. I got in the third row of a Tahoe today and cracked up laughing, because my knees were up under my chin. X is already 5'2", so he'll be passing me up in the height department before long (I'm somewhere between 5'7" and 5'8"), so that will not work! Also disappointed with the third row option on the Toyota 4Runner, which kind of breaks my heart, because I think they are so pretty!! Also on the no list is the Toyota Sequoia, because I just don't like the way it looks on the outside, and a Suburban, because the 3rd row seats were very similar to the Tahoe.

I am being RIDICULOUSLY picky, because for the first time in my life, I can be!! I feel like every other car we've purchased has been because we *had* to have something immediately, so it's fun to know I can get just what I want. But what's not fun is the shopping part, because I HATE CAR SHOPPING. Hate, hate, hate. Double hate. Loathe entirely.

If anyone has a 3rd row SUV that you just LOVE, let me know! (even if it's one on my NO list) We want room for the kids and the dogs, and we want the 3rd row seats to be usable, even though we won't need them all the time. If you have an Acadia, I'd be interested to hear how you like it. I currently drive a Terrain and I love my car so much! If I could add a third row to it, I'd keep it forever. But so far the Infiniti and the Armada are the front runners (with the Infiniti having a slight edge after a test drive).

Alright, alright, alriiigghhttt....

Back to Disney stuff, yeah???

How about this...

Chapter Four...in which there is a hitch in our plans

When last we spoke, er...um...when last I typed stuff and you read it...we had finished a great night at the Magic Kingdom and were wiped. out.

Like, soooo tired.

We crashed into bed, with plans of making it to Epcot the next morning around 9ish. We didn't care about being there before or right at opening, but no too far after. We planned to hit up The Land and The Seas areas first, then make our way to our FPs at Test Track and Mission Space.

but plans change.

and then I have to deal with those plans changing. *sigh*

I woke up before the alarm and got ready, and went out onto our balcony to see this:

DH made a run down to Roaring Forks for drinks, so I just hung out there for awhile enjoying the morning, and admiring my new Alex and Ani acquisitions.

The kids were moving slooooowwwllly this morning, and I was being very patient, but I wanted to get down to the buses by 8:40.

We ended up leaving the ROOM at 8:40. I was slightly annoyed, but still ok.

We got to the bus stop, and you should know what that means by now:

We also had a super fun goal in mind for today! I took ONE trading pin with me, and I wanted to see how many times we could trade it throughout the day, and document what we got each time. So that will play a big role in the photos throughout this chapter!

Here's what we started with:

I got it last year in a mystery pack, and since I don't care much for Soarin', and Dumbo makes me bawl like a giant baby, I was ok with it being traded off.

There was quite a crowd waiting at the bus stop this morning, and most of us were heading for Epcot.

We saw a cool Ant Man bus while waiting, and L was very sad we never got to ride it during the trip, even though we saw them pretty often during the week.

We waited. We waited some more. And then we waited some more.

The crowd was growing ever restless.

There was a CM at the stop, and he kept saying, "it should be here any minute, it's right at the entrance."

He must have told us that 5 or 6 times, and it was getting old. One guy in line was particularly irritated. He started harassing the CM, getting very angry, almost yelling. I mean, I was annoyed too, but it wasn't the CM's fault! He wasn't the one driving the buses.

Eventually it got to the point where the Epcot crowd was the only crowd there.

Do you know how many buses passed by there that were NOT Epcot buses??

Not even kidding. We were all counting. And by "we" I mean everyone in line, not just my family.

I think it was about 9:20 when the bus finally showed up. There was a man with an ECV, so we had to wait for them, and then we were finally on that bus!

But then we went to Ft. Wilderness.

I'm growing more and more agitated.

When we got to Epcot, it was right around 10:00.

I was not very happy.

But the show must go on.

I'll be very honest with you right now, I was really upset that our plans had gotten so messed up. I was trying not to take my frustration out on the kids, because I knew they were tired, and the world had not fallen to pieces because we were late, but I knew our plan for the day was going to be drastically different that what I'd originally planned. We would not have as long at Epcot this trip, because we were taking a day to go to Universal and IOA. This particular Epcot day would be the day we'd do most of Future World, and I knew I was going to miss out on stuff I wanted to do in order to keep things on track.

We came up with a plan: DH and the kids were already hungry, and X was whining about food (even though I had TOLD HIM to get something from Roaring Forks before we left, but he did not). We decided to make our first stop at our Test Track FP, go to the Imagination Pavilion, then find food.

Ok. Good. A plan. I like having a plan.

Last year, I rode Test Track with L, and our car beat X and DH. This year, X wanted to ride with me, so we made this sweet little thang:

I don't have a picture of L and DH's car, but I can tell you that their final numbers were better than ours, and they beat us.
We decided that L must be a master car designer, so the boys schemed to pair up when we came back later in the week to ride again.

Here....we....go...

When we got off Test Track, we started making our way across the park to Imagination. We cruised through Mouse Gears and Innoventions to get in some A/C time. When we left the last building, it started to rain. I didn't think much of it because it was light and we were just headed to see Figment, which wasn't too far away. The light rain turned to a more steady rain. The steady rain turned to pouring rain. The pouring rain then turned into what my grandparents would refer to as "a gullywasher". Basically, it felt like giant buckets of water were being dumped continuously on our heads.

Rain was running all down my face, getting into my eyes and BURNING like crazy. At one point, I had my eyes closed and DH was leading me on into the Imagination Pavilion because one of my contacts was washed halfway out of my eye.

Yes, it was raining THAT hard.

I was never so happy to be inside a building in my life!! Thank goodness for my Vera bag being made of cloth, because the back of it was *sort of* dry, and I had to use my purse to dry my face.

It was an awesome experience, let me tell you. Just FYI, our photopass pictures on this day were not fabulous.

Anyway, we were finally in a dry place, and we were ready to Journey into the Imagination

Soaking wet L, making a mad scientist face:

Aww, Figment, you're so cute!!

After the ride part was finished, we let the kids play for quite a while. I think this was one thing they enjoyed most about this whole day!

This next picture is blurry because they were really getting down with their bad selves...I have a HILARIOUS video of them doing this:

We made a stop in the shop, and I bought the CUTEST little Figment trading pin to keep.

Food was being brought up again, so it was time to admit defeat. I knew I wouldn't get to do Land or Sea this trip. Time to head to the World Showcase.

Goodbye, Imagination Pavilion. Thank you for being shelter from the storm.

Part Two to follow in just a few minutes...

It is so frustrating when your plans go awry. And you try so hard to go with the flow, but inside you're really freaking out. I feel ya.

Chapter Four Part Two

When we left Future World, we decided to go the shortest route and start the World Showcase in Canada:

We went through the shops and I made my first pin trade of the day! Goodbye, Soarin' Dumbo, and hello to...

Daisy!!

We stopped to recreate a photo from last year

then I made another trade:

and then another

before we continued to the UK

L hopped in here to make a quick phone call:

(I'm glad at least one of my kids will pose for me - L loves to have his picture taken as much as X hates it!)

Ooh, look who I spy!

Mary! Ms. Poppins if ya nasty (only Janet Jackson fans will understand that one, I guess.)

We went through the shops and made two more trades (I was on a roll!!):

Then it was FINALLY time to eat. We like to snack around the world, so we got two orders of Fish and Chips from Yorkshire County Fish shop

This was crazy good, and WAY more filling that I expected!

We had a stalker:

(look to the right, in the flower bed)

And it got closer...

Only in Disney World are human-sized Ducks lovable and normal brown ducks are terrifying.

While we were sitting there eating, we saw this squirrel furiously digging in the mulch, trying to bury his acorn:

He was really getting with it, spraying mulch chips everywhere, but he never seemed quite satisfied with any of the holes he dug. He could not commit to a location.

We finished eating, and made our way to France

Tres Francais, oui???

Non.

I think I took about a million pictures over the lagoon

We walked through Morocco, but everyone was excited to get to Japan, aka, the place where we spent a ton of money.

Oh, Mitsukoshi. Why do you have so many cool things??

I did my first ever Pick-a-Pearl ceremony, but DH didn't get any pictures of it. I picked my oyster, there was much drumming, I counted in Japanese (sun, knee, itchy - thank you Japanese CM, who taught me to count to three in Japanese by Americanizing the words.) annnddd....

I got twins!!

DH convinced me to pick out a setting there, so that's what I did. I briefly considered a pair of earrings since my pearls were identical, but I found a pretty necklace pendant instead. It would take an hour to set, so we headed off to kill some time (and spend more money in the store).

X got a huge stuffed Piplup (a Pokemon character) and some lemon candy he loved last year, and we finally escaped Mitsukoshi.

Outside, the boys got Duffy bears from the KidCot station, and the CM wrote happy birthday to each of them on the back, and I did a pin trade with her:

We went inside the Spirited Beasts exhibition

This guy is called the Slayer of Vanity, which was perfect for me this day, since all of my vanity had washed off in Future World, LOL!!

When I was expecting X, I suffered from extreme insomnia. I spent many a late night/early morning up watching Inuyasha on Cartoon Network, so I had to grab a picture of him:

I made yet another pin trade with a drink vendor CM outside

took a couple of pictures:

and then it was time for a cool down snack, Kaki Gori!!

DH and I shared the tangerine with sweet milk topping:

and the boys had melon

I think these are one of my favorite Epcot treats!!

Ok, this part is getting kind of long and picture heavy, so
Part Three is coming right up!!

Chapter Four Part Three

We still had some time to kill before my necklace would be ready, so we went to America.

I made a pin trade while we listened to the Acapella group that was out on the stage

I knew I was going to have a hard time letting Tiana go, so I snapped a quick picture over the lagoon

before I made another trade as we entered the building

Lumiere! You seem to have lost your head!!

We sat on the floor and listened to Voices of Liberty

they are just incredible. If you've never taken the time to stop in and listen to them, PLEASE do. I get so emotional when they sing the words from the Statue of Liberty.

After the performance, a CM came over, called DH by name and told him he had an urgent phone call. My heart sank. I was terrified. I just KNEW something terrible had happened at home with his parents, or our house had burned down, or SOMETHING. He went out to the entry area of the building while I gathered the kids and our things. On the way toward DH, the same CM tapped L on the shoulder and asked him if he'd stopped to pick up HIS phone message. Then I knew something must be up, and it wasn't some kind of emergency.

It was a happy birthday message from Goofy!!

DH and I laughed from relief, and he told me that's what his was too. But boy, we were really freaked out there for a second!!

We all made a restroom stop, L visited the KidCot station, and I made a trade with the CM there:

I really loved this pin, and considered making it my last trade for the day. Would I stick with it??

by that time, we were within our pick up window for my necklace at Mitsukoshi, so we backtracked to Japan to pick it up

the photo doesn't do it justice, but it really is very beautiful!

We started moving again, and as we walked past the American Adventure, the acapella group was out again, at the exact same point in their set as they were the first time we'd come by.

We paused in Italy for L to show off his Duffy

while we caught a show

We kept going...

and we could smell our next destination. Were we hallucinating?? Maybe. There was much anticipation.

X got a big bag of caramel corn, I had the pecan caramel shortbread, DH got a dark chocolate caramel, and I have no idea what L got. We needed some caffeine, so DH and I also picked up a diet coke (my preciousssss).

See you later, Germany. We'll be back in a few days!

We took the Friendship boat to Mexico, and met Mickey's traveling companion:

We were going back into Future World, and X shouted out, "There's a pin station, Mom!" so I had to go see what was on the board. I made my final pin trade of the day, one that was an absolute keeper:

Super cute Dale!
L traded one of his tsum tsum pins (Daisy I think, although I tried to talk him out of it) for the Chip one that went with it.

We had a Fast Pass time for Spaceship Earth coming up in 15 minutes, but the line was posted at a 10 minute wait, so we just hopped in line

I rode with L and our future was AWESOME!
Look at my living room!

My walls are like, ipads or something!!

When can we move in??

It was about 3:00, and we were ready for a break, so back to the resort it was. DH and I were having dinner ALONE this night. And at Artist Point, too!!

We were very excited!!

Next update, part four, in a day or two, thanks for following along!!

It is so frustrating when your plans go awry. And you try so hard to go with the flow, but inside you're really freaking out. I feel ya.

Oh my gosh, there was so much internal freaking out going on!! I was really proud of myself for containing the adult melt down, LOL!!
I wasn't really mad or anything, just disappointed to miss two of my favorite things. BUT...we ended up having a really fun day!

I'm so glad you understand my pain!! :grouphug::grouphug:

I did the EXACT same thing with my hair last August!! I tried, and I failed. Being able to keep it down this night was like winning the lottery! I was able to leave it down on the night of our 'Ohana dinner and my solo visit to the MK, too. It was thrilling!!
Most of the time while we're there I don't even try to look any kind of attractive. Too much work, LOL!!
Yes, after many trips I've decided to give up on my appearance and just go about my days.....takes a lot of the stress off of me anyway, and saves me prep time in the morning lol!

Ugh! When plans for the day don't go as.......planned :headache: Hate it! I'm the only one in the family it bothers and like you I do my best to keep calm and not get mad at anyone, even if it's someone's fault (b/c it's never my fault in Disney!). But yup, best to just go with the flow! Besides, it's not like you'll never be back to do whatever you missed this time ;)

OK so Kaki Gori - your basic shaved ice? I've heard about it tons of times but we've never tried it. Can you compare it at all for me to Italian ice or a snow cone?

That is *awesome* about the Goofy phone calls! First I've ever heard of that! I assume they knew b/c of the bday buttons DH and L were wearing......

Mary! Ms. Poppins if ya nasty
HIllarious!!!

Cool that you made so many pin trades, there were so many really cute ones it would be hard to part with them again.

Your necklace is stunning. If you don't mind, how much did it cost?

Yes, after many trips I've decided to give up on my appearance and just go about my days.....takes a lot of the stress off of me anyway, and saves me prep time in the morning lol!

Ugh! When plans for the day don't go as.......planned :headache: Hate it! I'm the only one in the family it bothers and like you I do my best to keep calm and not get mad at anyone, even if it's someone's fault (b/c it's never my fault in Disney!). But yup, best to just go with the flow! Besides, it's not like you'll never be back to do whatever you missed this time ;)

OK so Kaki Gori - your basic shaved ice? I've heard about it tons of times but we've never tried it. Can you compare it at all for me to Italian ice or a snow cone?

That is *awesome* about the Goofy phone calls! First I've ever heard of that! I assume they knew b/c of the bday buttons DH and L were wearing......

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles when plans go awry!! And true, we will be back...and you'd better believe I'm living with the land when we do!

Kaki Gori - The texture of the shaved ice is nice and light. These thin little chips. I don't know if it's *really* any more special than other shaved ice, but it's still really good! I think it's the sweetened condensed milk topping that makes it.

The Goofy calls were great after my heart started beating again, LOL! I'm sure they knew by the bday buttons with the names on there, but that didn't occur to me at first!

HIllarious!!!

Cool that you made so many pin trades, there were so many really cute ones it would be hard to part with them again.

Your necklace is stunning. If you don't mind, how much did it cost?

Thank you for appreciating my Janet quote, lol!!

I really loved a lot of the pins that I traded for, and it was hard to give some of them up. Usually when I felt that way I traded it away really fast!

Everything about the pick-a-pearl thing has a separate cost. There's the initial cost to pick your oyster, which is $17 and some change. I think the pendant was around $40ish, and then you have to pay for the necklace chain on its own (there are several to choose from). It's even 99 cents for the gift box, which made me laugh, but I wanted it in more than the tiny ziploc baggie the pearls had been in. Prices for the settings start around $9.99 and go on up from there. Some of them are quite expensive. It's fun though, and worth it.

That bus situation was ridiculous! I know it's not the CM's fault, but why would he/she keep telling you the bus was at the gate, only to be disappointed? I've always found the CM's to be pretty accurate with their predictions on arrival times.

Your necklace is very pretty! I have a friend who has her daughter pick a pearl every trip to Epcot. She saving them up to have a string of pearls made for her wedding day. I just love that!

What a neat idea you did with the pin! Some of those pins were really cute and must have been hard to trade.

I have 4 more days to get this house in order and pack before we leave!! Love reading about your days!!! I'm dreading the rain I have to admit. I have curly hair and its shoulder length, can't pull it back and I hate wearing hats and it looks horrendous when wet and drying on it's own. I caved and bought a cute sun hat which I admit does look cute on - its; the taking it off when inside or on rides that looks bad w/ flatten hair.

I'm going to try and take your lead and just roll with the punches. Not to mention I MAY be a bit more hormonal in a few days KWIM...REALLY just what I want in the heat and humidity! Oh well - what are you gonna do right! I'm going to have to make a good effort to relax and appreciate my awesome time at WL and WDW!

Can;t wait for an update! Love all the pictures. My 2 boys are the same. I think it's going to look like I have 1 kid since 1 hates his picture taken.

I love your trip report! Beautiful necklace that you made with your pearls! We are going in December and now picking a pearl is on my to do list.

I'm sorry your day didn't start off so great with the buses and rain! But it sounds like you all recovered and had lots of fun in WS! I liked your pin trading mission of the day :) And your necklace is beautiful, love it!!

Finally home to follow along :) I've read through a bit but I'll be finishing up later today :)

Hooray!! I'm glad you're here!! I hope your trip was amazing annnnddd....it's almost California time for you! I'm excited to hear how that goes, too. We've started looking into booking our trip West for next year.

That bus situation was ridiculous! I know it's not the CM's fault, but why would he/she keep telling you the bus was at the gate, only to be disappointed? I've always found the CM's to be pretty accurate with their predictions on arrival times.

Your necklace is very pretty! I have a friend who has her daughter pick a pearl every trip to Epcot. She saving them up to have a string of pearls made for her wedding day. I just love that!

What a neat idea you did with the pin! Some of those pins were really cute and must have been hard to trade.

Yeah, I don't know what the deal with the bus was. He'd say it should be coming next, then it would be a bus for Typhoon Lagoon/Downtown Disney. It was frustrating! The guest was totally out of line, though, and the CM handled him very well.

That's awesome that your friend is doing that for her daughter, that's a really special plan!

The pin thing was one of the most fun things we've done, and some of them were reallly hard to let go of!

I have 4 more days to get this house in order and pack before we leave!! Love reading about your days!!! I'm dreading the rain I have to admit. I have curly hair and its shoulder length, can't pull it back and I hate wearing hats and it looks horrendous when wet and drying on it's own. I caved and bought a cute sun hat which I admit does look cute on - its; the taking it off when inside or on rides that looks bad w/ flatten hair.

I'm going to try and take your lead and just roll with the punches. Not to mention I MAY be a bit more hormonal in a few days KWIM...REALLY just what I want in the heat and humidity! Oh well - what are you gonna do right! I'm going to have to make a good effort to relax and appreciate my awesome time at WL and WDW!

Can;t wait for an update! Love all the pictures. My 2 boys are the same. I think it's going to look like I have 1 kid since 1 hates his picture taken.

I'm glad you're enjoying my updates!! I love reading TRs in the days before my own trips, it helps me keep going. I hope your sun hat works out for you! The hair situation in Florida is ridiculous, lol!!
I was extra hormonal for the first few days of our trip too, so I know EXACTLY what you mean.

I hope your vacation is amazing!!

I love your trip report! Beautiful necklace that you made with your pearls! We are going in December and now picking a pearl is on my to do list.

thank you! I was really glad that DH talked me into doing the pick-a-pearl, it's fun!

I'm sorry your day didn't start off so great with the buses and rain! But it sounds like you all recovered and had lots of fun in WS! I liked your pin trading mission of the day :) And your necklace is beautiful, love it!!

What started out as a rough morning transformed into a wonderful day. Disney magic pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter