• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"You're not making good choices, Phoebe!" A July 2015 Trip Report *completed 1/2/16*

Fun update!

Sorry about no Lefous Brew, but at least you got a Dole Whip!

Ahh how dissapointing to miss the Genie! But the group phtoo you got of them is nice.

Fun update!

Sorry about no Lefous Brew, but at least you got a Dole Whip!

Ahh how dissapointing to miss the Genie! But the group phtoo you got of them is nice.

Thanks!! I was sad to miss the Agrabah trio, but I am very glad I got the group photo.
Now I need to go catch up on reading your report! I've been a Dis-delinquent lately!!

Ah, there you are ;) That is so cool you found Genie twice on your trip, and so not cool you missed out on actually meeting him twice :furious: Although the picture of the 3 of them IS cool, I wish he had a regular m&g! We met him years ago during a MNSSHP, once with Jasmine when he did have a set m&g, and then last summer during characterpalooza. But he's one of younger DS's favorite characters so of course he's always asking to meet him!
So..... You'll be making ADR's in the airport coming back from CA lol? Our FP day for mine & DH's Jan. trip is
the day we leave for our Nov. trip-just something else to do that day!

Tuesday going down the stairs in the Land pavilion I hear "Now Annabelle was that a good choice? Were you happy with your choice?"
I about fell out laughing and dh looked at me like I had 3 heads.

Ah, there you are ;) That is so cool you found Genie twice on your trip, and so not cool you missed out on actually meeting him twice :furious: Although the picture of the 3 of them IS cool, I wish he had a regular m&g! We met him years ago during a MNSSHP, once with Jasmine when he did have a set m&g, and then last summer during characterpalooza. But he's one of younger DS's favorite characters so of course he's always asking to meet him!
So..... You'll be making ADR's in the airport coming back from CA lol? Our FP day for mine & DH's Jan. trip is
the day we leave for our Nov. trip-just something else to do that day!

I wish he had a regular m&g too. I know it would be popular! Aside from the two times seeing him out meeting this trip, I've only ever seen him in parades, so it was exciting (but soooo disappointing to miss out!!)

Yep, making ADRs on the way home. Ugh. It's got me wanting to move our California trip to May. I mean, I like getting up and making ADRs, it's fun for me, but that's when I'm home in bed or on the sofa with my laptop. Notsomuch in a hotel room at like, 3am.

I hope your ADR and travel day in November goes smoothly! What a way to extend the magic!!

Tuesday going down the stairs in the Land pavilion I hear "Now Annabelle was that a good choice? Were you happy with your choice?"
I about fell out laughing and dh looked at me like I had 3 heads.

LOL!!!!! We should get Annabelle and Phoebe together for a playdate. That would have had me cracking up!

How sweet that you let your boys sleep in. I always think there comes a time when the kids need to just sleep in. The game looks like fun. We have never done it, but I think our boys would enjoy it.

How sweet that you let your boys sleep in. I always think there comes a time when the kids need to just sleep in. The game looks like fun. We have never done it, but I think our boys would enjoy it.

the hard thing will be our next trip when X wants to spend a whole day just at the resort :eek::eek: We have already compromised...we'll stay at the resort the morning that we go to MVMCP.

Sorcerers of the MK is fun IF you are taking your time and aren't worried about being anywhere at any certain time. At least the Main Street portion, anyway. The parts that are in the different lands are a little easier to do if you're on a schedule, as long as the kids don't mind waiting to start the next section of the game until you're finished with attractions in that area before moving on. Our boys really like it, and they've figured out a good strategy now :) It's worth a try, and even if they don't like it, you get the cool cards! Everyone in the group should sign up, even if everyone doesn't play, because everyone who signs up gets their own pack of cards. So, even though DH and I didn't play, we got card packs, so the kids had more "weapons" to use against the villains.

Hey everyone!

I'm still alive!!

Thanks for sticking around. I should have more time to update this week...no school on Friday!
I hate that it's taking me so long to finish up, but we're almost there!!

Enjoy your Sunday, and see ya real soon :earsboy::earsboy:

Hey ya'll, how about an update??

Is anyone still here hanging out with me? I've gotta get this thing finished!!

Tonight DH informs me that he may be going to a conference in Orlando in April :faint:

It's at the Hyatt Regency on I drive, close to Universal. Of course I'm hoping he goes...I will tag along and drive the rental car back and forth to the Disney parks while he's in meetings and classes all day!!

Fall festival planning is in full swing here. Asking for donations = :headache::headache:

Ok, ok, where was I??

Chapter Nine Part Four

We had finished up in Adventureland and were now heading toward Frontierland for our next FP, but I had just checked the app and noticed that it was unavailable and we'd been given a "free pass fastpass" to use later, and included our intended stop - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We decided we'd come back to that later, and made our way to one of my faaaaaaavorite attractions.

If you're not a fan of the Country Bear Jamboree, I'm not sure we can be friends. (well, I *
guess* we can still be friends...maybe. But I'll be silently judging you)

We maneuvered around parade ropes and walked inside to wait in the blessed, blessed air conditioning. Soon the doors opened and we headed to our favorite seats in the back row.

It was a wild and wooly good time as always!

A moment of silence for the true star of the show, please:

Big. Al.

When the show ended, we were first out of the theater because we were sitting by the exit doors. It was pouring down rain. People were crammed under any awning possible, lined up for the Festival of Fantasy parade that just wasn't going to be happening today, folks. We killed time in the little bakery. X and I got peanut butter fudge, which isn't very exciting to look at, but DH got a peanut butter cup with a Mickey on it, and L got a Mickey cake pop.

OMG, we did not need these treats. We got confused about the meaning of "need" vs. "want" I guess. Good thing calories don't count at Disney World!!

(some kind of very official study has confirmed that, right?
RIGHT?!?!?!?)

The rain was very steady, and we darted from building to building and made our way to the Hall of Presidents. Come on, you know that's the best place to go when it's raining! Anyone else get emotional during this show?

**An aside - Sometimes it is very hard to live in the part of the US that I live in. I mean, it's a great place to live and to raise a family, but some people can be so close minded and just plain ignorant. They complain and complain and don't seem to have any idea about how the government actually works, and repost all of these ludicrous false things on Facebook...mean, hateful things. And then an hour later they'll post things about how much they love Jesus, etc, etc...Goodness gracious, if Jesus saw the other things they posted, he'd probably have a problem with it. Last time I checked, he was portrayed as being a pretty nice person who didn't go around making racist comments or threatening minority groups. Am I right?
I love living in the United States. I love my country, but it is not perfect. It is ripe with flaws. I will never understand blind nationalism, but I am proud to be from the United States. I am proud we are a country built on dreams and ideals. Somewhere along the line, a lot of Americans forgot that our country, our precious home, is a beautiful patchwork quilt of diversity. Without dreamers we would not be here. I hope that my children will fully understand our history - warts and all - and work to bring our people to respectful peace with one another. That is my dream for the United States of America.
I get emotional during the Hall of Presidents because I believe that deep within all of these men, political party be damned, was the desire for real, honest, positive change. Even if it was only the smallest, dimmest spark, I believe it was in there somewhere at some point in their lives. Love or hate them, all of them carried an enormous weight on their shoulders than you and I cannot even begin to imagine. They were not all able to manage that load with grace and/or dignity, but they carried it just the same, and kept moving forward.

So yeah. I get all of that from an animatronic puppet show.

Carrying on...

After we left the HoP, CMs were saying that the parade was getting ready to start. I knew it could not possibly be Festival of Fantasy after the downpour, the ground was still so wet. Could it be?? Would I finally get to see a Disney thing that had so far eluded me????

Well, maybe in a minute. First L had to pose in the stocks.

Oh, here we go!! My first time seeing the Rainy Day Cavalcade, right in front!!

Is Mickey pointing at ME?? I think he is!!

After the mini parade-o-wavin'-characters came to an end, we decided to make good on that free pass fastpass and go on over to the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!

I paused on the bridge for a picture

I managed to get one picture

as we zipped through the fastpass line.

We had a lot of fun taking in this gorgeous view...

We got off one train and hopped on another:

We had to split up on the train over to Fantasyland because it was so crowded. We didn't care too much, we just knew we wanted to sit down for awhile!

Hey there, Big Thunder riders!

they waved at us. I liked it.

Coming up later this week (hopefully)...Fantasies, Fights, and Food

So on my last WDW trip, my friend K drags us into Country Bear Jamboree. None of the rest of us had ever done it and weren't really all that jazzed about it, but K was adamant and it was hot and sitting down in the air conditioning for a while sounded pretty okay. Partway into the show, K starts giggling uncontrollably. My other two friends and I could NOT figure out why. Nothing funny was happening. She was clearly going crazy from heat exhaustion. Then, about two or three minutes later, Big Al starts singing "Bloooooooooood on the saaaaaaaaaaadle." Suddenly we got it :rotfl:.

So on my last WDW trip, my friend K drags us into Country Bear Jamboree. None of the rest of us had ever done it and weren't really all that jazzed about it, but K was adamant and it was hot and sitting down in the air conditioning for a while sounded pretty okay. Partway into the show, K starts giggling uncontrollably. My other two friends and I could NOT figure out why. Nothing funny was happening. She was clearly going crazy from heat exhaustion. Then, about two or three minutes later, Big Al starts singing "Bloooooooooood on the saaaaaaaaaaadle." Suddenly we got it :rotfl:.

that's our FAVORITE SONG!! Also, Mama don't whip little Buford.

It's just special.

LOL!!

I love Country Bear Jamboree!!! I've been known to view it by myself as my family does not share the love. It's so classic Disney to me and Big Al is the best!

Wants, needs, who cares?! You're in Disney! Live a little! (And I'd be all over that peanut butter cup!)

I agree with everything you said regarding our country and the hypocrisy of many citizens.

I've never seen the Rainy Day Cavalcade. It looks fun and yes, Mickey was totally pointing at you.

I love CBJ so we can definitely still be friends :)

I beg to differ, treats are ALWAYS needed in Disney ;)

How cool that you got to see the rainy day parade! So cute.

Oh my gosh.

I apologize for not replying directly to the last couple of comments! I've got to get this show on the road and finish the report!

I am so sorry for not keeping this updated since school has started. I've been so much busier than I expected, and time to sit and post chapters has been limited.

But here we go with...

Chapter Nine Part Five

We got off the train in Storybook Circus, and passed through the ginormous gift shop. After much meandering, our first stop was Philharmagic. The only proof of that I have is this amazing photo:

Award winning.

The boys played a SotMK portal

DH stayed with them while I wandered around taking odd angled photos of the castle. Guess what? Dream Along with Mickey was going on, as indicated by the firework smoke:

I visited Cinderella's fountain

but couldn't stop with the castle pics

I mean, who can blame me? The thing is gorgeous.

The kids played more portals

and defeated the villains of Fantasyland! DH and I got in on the action, and all four of us held up cards at the same time for a mega-spell.

The kids and I got in line for the carousel while we sent DH off to the FP kiosk to make a selection

Carouselfie.

Yes.

I said it.

X wanted a green pony, found one, was immediately surrounded by strangers.

DH had made a Fast Pass for us for Monsters Inc Laugh Floor for between 7 - 8pm, we met back up, and headed to our dinner reservation:

Be Our Guest.

This was the check-in line.

I felt so bad for the CMs. People can be so clueless. There was a CM walking the check in line saying over and over, "If you are more than 15 minutes early, please exit the line" and "Only one member of your party needs to be in this line, everyone else can wait on the bridge."

People were not listening to her. People were turned away at the front of the line because they were way too early, and entire families were staying clumped up in the line. It made things move slowly.

I finally got to the front to check in, took our buzzer, and went to join my family on the bridge.

X got a little too cozy with a gargoyle...

Our buzzer went off within 5 minutes (woohoo!! last year we waited FOREVVVVVER to be seated for dinner) and we went on in. We were seated in the ballroom. I enjoyed the ballroom more at breakfast than at dinner. Last year we were in the West Wing for our BOG meals.

So pretty

We knew what we wanted to eat, so we placed our order.

L and I both had the salmon:

Not a beautiful photo, sorry! We enjoyed it, but I feel like it was better last year.

DH had the steak:

and X had the braised pork:

The Beast made his way into the room to much applause

and we ordered dessert

The gray stuff for both boys, a chocolate cupcake for DH, and a strawberry cupcake for me

The lighting in there is not good for photos! At least not amateur phone photos.

While we were waiting for our entrees, we had changed our FP to Buzz Lightyear, but by the time we were finished with dinner, we were very tired and didn't want to walk over to Tomorrowland. We changed our FP to Winnie the Pooh, and headed off toward an adventure in the Hundred Acre Wood.

I love this ride. Winnie the Pooh was a huge part of my childhood. I'm still sad we missed Crystal Palace breakfast during this trip!

On the way out of the park, on Main Street, I noticed the nametag of one of the photopass CMs. It was @DreamLikeWalt from THIS thread! I told my husband that she was from the Dis, and a little about her story. I couldn't handle it, I had to go back and say hello. I introduced myself, and told her I'd followed her report (although I am way WAY behind on reading it now!). She was so friendly and fun. We took some fun and silly-faced pictures...

There were nice, normal ones too, but what fun is that??

We continued making our way out of the park...and I had to snap this parting shot:

Goodbye for now, my precious Magic Kingdom

We were treated to a beautiful sunset on the way back to the Wilderness Lodge

We got back to the room, packed and rested, and said goodnight.

Next up...departure day and final thoughts!

Sounds like a fun end to your MK day! So funny that you saw someone from the DIS! Love those silly pics of you guys :)

Sounds like a fun end to your MK day! So funny that you saw someone from the DIS! Love those silly pics of you guys :)

It was a good day :)

We were lucky to have two Dismeets this trip. It's a small, small world...(<---I had to say that, lol!!)

You're kind of better than I am at keeping up with your TR! It took me a month and a half to post the LAST PART!!!

I want those Rainy Day Parade rain coats! And I just looked at that steak and thought "mmmmmm steak". I think I'm having Disney Dining Withdrawals!

You're kind of better than I am at keeping up with your TR! It took me a month and a half to post the LAST PART!!!

I want those Rainy Day Parade rain coats! And I just looked at that steak and thought "mmmmmm steak". I think I'm having Disney Dining Withdrawals!

I am so far behind on reading all of the reports :sad::sad:
Maybe I can catch up this afternoon!

The rainy day coats were so cute!!

I too, am having Disney Dining Withdrawals. DH just found out that his boss wants to send him to TWO conferences in Orlando next year, one in April (near US/IOA) and one in October (at the Grand Floridian, OMG!!), and we're going back next December...so all I want to do is think about the two potential trips and our actual trip, plan meals, etc...

Our Disneyland trip in June is still not booked, I feel like we have made no concrete decisions about it, and yet I have our December 2016 WDW trip planned out almost completely. Because of the food.

I can't even imagine what's going to happen if we DO go next October for the convention (we'll leave the kids home) since it will be during Food and Wine. I plan to bring only stretchy pants if that comes to fruition, because there will be so. much. eating.

Just finished reading through the whole thread and have really enjoyed reading about your trip and family :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter