You're Going Where? Oregon & DLR TR

After dinner, DH came with me to check in for the party, where I received my wrist band and commemorative party brochure. He was not allowed to join me as he didn't have an AP. We made plans to meet in the plaza at 10:30pm - that would give me an hour and a half at the party. I didn't want DH to have to wait around on his own for too long, although I was sure he would find something to entertain himself at DTD.

I walked in to a practically deserted Main Street. Most of those people were still 'regular' guests leaving the park for the night.

Because only Adventureland, Frontierland and New Orleans Square were open for the party, those places were still relatively crowded to start with. There was a festive atmosphere with party lights, street performers, and swing music (though I'm not sure what that had to do with Indiana Jones...).

I basically just wandered around, taking in the atmosphere. I stood and watched the band and street performers for a while, and rode a few rides.

The crowds were thinning out, and there was a special showing of F! at 11:30pm which I was sad I would miss. If DH had been with me, we would have spent the night riding rides over and over with no wait, and enjoyed that special F! I was feeling a little lost without him, and after having my fill of party atmosphere and rides, made my way to the exit to meet up with him.

I took the opportunity to get plenty of photos on the way out with no people in them!

It turned out DH had made friends with some security guards (who unfortunately weren't able to sneak him into the party lol!) and had spent the WHOLE time chatting with them. We said goodbye and I filled DH in on all the party gossip on the way back to the hotel.

Pity you couldn't share the night with DH-the atmosphere sounded fun. I take it the running shoes are good since they have been getting a workout since getting home!

Pity you couldn't share the night with DH-the atmosphere sounded fun. I take it the running shoes are good since they have been getting a workout since getting home!

Actually they have been a bit neglected since they got home! With all the chaos involved in selling, buying and moving houses, my running has really taken a back seat lately. The half marathon program is due to start the week we move into our new place, so it will be a great opportunity for a fresh start!

We were up early-ish the next morning to hit the park at rope drop. While DH was checking out, I had a great chat with the bell boy who was taking our luggage to the secure room. The park was already open when we got there, and we just wandered straight through the turnstiles and down Main Street. It was a little busier than the previous night!

We decided to head straight to BTM, so we joined the crowds at the Frontierland rope. It looks crowded, but these crowds dispersed pretty quickly once RD was done, and we pretty much walked straight on to BTM - we even managed to score the front row!

Next we hit up the Haunted Mansion, since DH missed out on that on our last trip, and we'll miss out on it again on our next trip lol!

I didn't take heaps of photos today since we only had the one day, so I don't remember exactly what we did. Throughout the day we rode a few rides, went on the Mark Twain and into the Golden Horseshoe, which we'd never done before, spent some time on Tom Sawyer Island. We had an early lunch at LaBrea Bakery, where we were served by George - the same server we had for our first meal there back in 2011!

We caught the parade around the back of the Matterhorn. As usual, I found a spot in the second row, so we had a clear view over the seated family in front of us. Unfortunately that family had a GoPro on a stick, which they were holding up right at camera level, and it kept getting in my shots. Partway through the parade, I politely asked if they would mind holding it a bit lower down. They immediately looked sheepish and put it away, making me feel like a terrible person for the rest of the parade! I tried to tell them to keep using it, but they didn't seem to understand, and with the loud music it was kind of hard to get my point across.

After one more spin on BTM, it was time to go.

We did fear for our lives at some points on the shuttle ride to the airport, but we arrived in one piece and with plenty of time to spare. We needed that time to line up for security - which took ages and ages to get through! I'd like to say it was an uneventful flight, but after a bit of a bumpy period once we reached altitude, my tummy decided it was very unhappy :sick: Once they realised how sick I was, the flight attendants took great care of me! One kept fetching me ice to suck on, ginger ale and plain chips. When breakfast was being served I locked myself in the toilet, because I couldn't stand the smell. The flight attendant told me I could go and sit at the bar in business class until breakfast had been cleaned up. I was just starting to feel slightly better when we landed, and immediately bought some kwells for the next flight. I slept most of the next flight (I hadn't gotten a single wink of sleep on the one from LA) and have never been so glad to get on the ground!

And that brings us to the end of this TR. I hope you've enjoyed reading along, and I hope you'll consider Oregon as a potential destination in the US :thumbsup2

Looks like it was quiet on the AP night! What a shame DH couldn't enjoy that with you.

Always nice to see DLR - even for a short dash. Hope that you enjoyed your time there.

Sorry you weren't feeling well on the way home...and as I've caught up with you after this trip, I know it didn't last long. Thanks for sharing another TR with us!

Looks like it was quiet on the AP night! What a shame DH couldn't enjoy that with you.

Always nice to see DLR - even for a short dash. Hope that you enjoyed your time there.

Sorry you weren't feeling well on the way home...and as I've caught up with you after this trip, I know it didn't last long. Thanks for sharing another TR with us!

I always enjoy my time at DLR :goodvibes

Pity about the concluding hours of the trip - I know those breakfast smells when you are feeling ill are just awful and if I am stuck next to DH or someone else and they have a full tray in front of them it adds claustrophobic panic to feeling sick (which I only get when I am sick). Glad you had a lovely relaxing day at DL to cap the holiday off though. Great parade pics. To catch a show in the Golden Horseshoe is also still on my "list". Now we await your next excursion......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter