• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You're crazy! No I'm Dopey! 2017 WDW Marathon Weekend PTR Updated 12/31

Finally getting around to reading this. I need to finish my March report, do my Podcast Anniversary report, and then I can start my New Years Eve PTR. Good luck with school. Running will be a nice outlet for the stress. It sounds like you have made good progress on your trip plans.

Finally getting around to reading this. I need to finish my March report, do my Podcast Anniversary report, and then I can start my New Years Eve PTR. Good luck with school. Running will be a nice outlet for the stress. It sounds like you have made good progress on your trip plans.
Thanks for reading!

Thanks, yes running does help take my mind off of things.

Weekly Update #4

IMG_5852.jpg

Another week is gone and we are one week closer to WDW Marathon weekend!

2nd week of school is done and things are going well. A little more homework in the second week but nothing I can't handle.

I ran 3.1 miles on Wednesday and Friday. I wanted to get a long run in today but that is pushed back to tomorrow due to weather.

The big news of the week is we finally booked our flights down to Orlando. We had already booked our flights from Orlando to Milwaukee but we hadn't booked the flights down because they were quite high. They came down about $20 so we booked. They aren't as low as our return flights were but probably as low as they were going to get. So we leave MKE bright and early at 6:00AM and arrive by 9:50 in Orlando. That gives us pretty much the whole day at WDW on Jan. 2nd. I am a big fan of the early flight rather than the later flight because of that.

Other than that we have our weekly countdown!
FP day in 52 Days
Arrival in Orlando in 113 days
I am running a 5K in 116 days
I am running a 10K in 117 days
I am running a Half Marathon in 118 days
I am running a Full marathon/completing Dopey in 119 days

Time flies when you're having fun!

We don't leave until late on January 2. We plan to be at Epcot all day. We are doing a tour in the morning, but maybe we can meet up in the afternoon. Where are you staying?

We don't leave until late on January 2. We plan to be at Epcot all day. We are doing a tour in the morning, but maybe we can meet up in the afternoon. Where are you staying?
We are staying at Saratoga Springs. We don't have any ADRs for the 2nd so I'm not sure what we will do exactly yet. Maybe we will spend the day at Disney springs. That would be cool if we could meet up though!

Yay for finally having your flights booked! We've done early morning flights a few times, and while I'm not a huge fan of the early wakeup ... it's definitely worth it to have a full day at Disney!

Yay for finally having your flights booked! We've done early morning flights a few times, and while I'm not a huge fan of the early wakeup ... it's definitely worth it to have a full day at Disney!
When I know I am going to Disney I can sacrifice sleep, heck I will be sacrificing sleep all week with Dopey.

The big news of the week is we finally booked our flights down to Orlando. We had already booked our flights from Orlando to Milwaukee but we hadn't booked the flights down because they were quite high. They came down about $20 so we booked. They aren't as low as our return flights were but probably as low as they were going to get. So we leave MKE bright and early at 6:00AM and arrive by 9:50 in Orlando. That gives us pretty much the whole day at WDW on Jan. 2nd. I am a big fan of the early flight rather than the later flight because of that.

We went with the early morning flight too out of MSP on the 3rd, for that same reason. Though I'm not sure how that will go with a kid turning 7 months old that same day. That will definitely add an extra challenge, and waking up extra early.

We went with the early morning flight too out of MSP on the 3rd, for that same reason. Though I'm not sure how that will go with a kid turning 7 months old that same day. That will definitely add an extra challenge, and waking up extra early.
Well I hope all goes well for you. Waking up early is never easy for anyone of any age.

I'm a big fan of early AM flights even though I hate the early wake-ups. True or not, I always figure there's less chance of delays since not that many other flights have had a chance to start gumming up the works!

I'm a big fan of early AM flights even though I hate the early wake-ups. True or not, I always figure there's less chance of delays since not that many other flights have had a chance to start gumming up the works!
Yep I've never had a delayed early flight. I've only had one delayed flight and that was due to ice on the plane and it was only like a 30 minute delay so nothing too bad.

Just found this and following! I'm doing my first Dopey in 2017 too, although I've done a full before. I'm looking forward to being able to actually enjoy the distance this time, instead of worrying about making the 6h time limit (gimme a break... I'm really old, have only been running since 2012 and did a half and a Ragnar in the two weeks leading to the marathon ;-) )

Just found this and following! I'm doing my first Dopey in 2017 too, although I've done a full before. I'm looking forward to being able to actually enjoy the distance this time, instead of worrying about making the 6h time limit (gimme a break... I'm really old, have only been running since 2012 and did a half and a Ragnar in the two weeks leading to the marathon ;-) )
Thanks for following along! Can't wait for dopey 2017!

Weekly Update #5

image.jpeg

Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! I hope everyone's weekend is going swell! Mine has so far.

3 weeks of school are done and so far so good. My first college exam is next week so we will see how that goes. Chemistry isn't my favorite subject.

Running wise I did 3.1 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Today I ran 4.5. Not as long as I wanted to go but it is what it is I guess. I likely won't be able to get a run in tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the week goes as planned and then next weekend I plan to run a 7ish miler.

Disney planning update: not much has changed. Flights and room are booked, just don't have tickets yet but should have those soon. ADRs are all set except I had to one to two of our reservations because one in our group of friends is now bringing his girlfriend. No big deal adding one went relatively easy.

Weekly Disney Countdown

Walt Disney World Arrival: 105 days
Walt Disney World 5K: 108 days
Walt Disney World 10K: 109 days
Walt Disney World Half Marathon: 110 days
Walt Disney World Full Marathon: 111 days

Weekly Update #5

View attachment 195605

Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! I hope everyone's weekend is going swell! Mine has so far.

3 weeks of school are done and so far so good. My first college exam is next week so we will see how that goes. Chemistry isn't my favorite subject.

Running wise I did 3.1 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Today I ran 4.5. Not as long as I wanted to go but it is what it is I guess. I likely won't be able to get a run in tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the week goes as planned and then next weekend I plan to run a 7ish miler.

Disney planning update: not much has changed. Flights and room are booked, just don't have tickets yet but should have those soon. ADRs are all set except I had to one to two of our reservations because one in our group of friends is now bringing his girlfriend. No big deal adding one went relatively easy.

Weekly Disney Countdown

Walt Disney World Arrival: 105 days
Walt Disney World 5K: 108 days
Walt Disney World 10K: 109 days
Walt Disney World Half Marathon: 110 days
Walt Disney World Full Marathon: 111 days

Things may be going well until the Vikes kick the Packers' butts tonight. Oh wait, never mind, I don't care about silly Minnesota sportsmen rivalries.

Who knew Chewy was so flexible??

Good luck on your first college exam. I'm sure you'll do great. And I love Chemistry. :)

Go Pack Go! I'm a huge Packers fan.

Even though I don't care much for the Vikes despite living in MN I still have to come by and say HA!!!

But don't worry, I'd be doing the same to the Vikes fans I know if the game went the other way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter