• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You're crazy! No I'm Dopey! 2017 WDW Marathon Weekend PTR Updated 12/31

Hey Ryan!

Ashleigh here- been lurking on your PTR and TR from last years marathon weekend and figured I should finally comment!

My hubby and I did the half last year and loved it- we really liked the vibe of the parks during the weekend as well. Made the "adult" decision not to run Disney this year (got married, bought a house, new car, yada yada) but your PTR is making me regret that decision.

Congrats on the 15 miler- that's a great pace. I agree with some other posters- I think you need to increase your weekly mileage OR incorporate "brick" style runs into your routine to be sufficiently prepared for Dopey. That being said, I know 5 people who have done Dopey with very minimal training so... It can be done!

Thanks for reading!

Congrats on all the new exciting things in your life! You'll be back some day to rundisney.

Thanks for the advice!

I can't even remember if I've said "hi" around here or not lol but so excited for you and the Dopey! I really want to do one of the RunDisney events one day...so far they are just never at a time when I can get away! But one day!! I think I want to do my first half at home before trying one away also, but you never know. But from what little running knowledge I posess...it looks like you are doing great with the mileage buildup and workouts! Agree with the idea that you have to start trying fuels - also a good idea to find out what actual fuel will be given out on race day - I like to try whatever they are serving in advance too...so you know if you like it!

I believe you have said hi, but hi again!

I hope you get to experience rundisney some day.

I am familiar with everything they give out during the 5K, 10K, and Half but not the full so that's where I need to familiarize myself more with nutrition.

Weekly Update #13

Well its been a while since I last updated. School and life always seems to get in the way. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I did. We were at my uncle's in Central Wisconsin and I was up there the whole week for the hunting season. For those of you who don't know the deer hunt in Wisconsin is like a state wide holiday in itself. Camo, and blaze orange everywhere. This week was a little light on the running side because of that. Ran Monday, and ran this weekend. During the week I didn't run because of hunting however I was still active in walking (with like 20 pounds of clothes on me), at least 5 miles per day.

Anyways I got a nice 3.1 on the treadmill today at school. This week should be much better for me and a long run Sunday.

We finally did our Magical Express last night so I think that means we are finally all set.

I officially turned on my light display last night. Here are some photos from the display.

15232126_1145142062267183_2461964792852498644_n.jpg
15253538_1145142105600512_6856695067854483392_n.jpg
15285098_1145142098933846_4444908938511908759_n.jpg
15178186_1145142065600516_3250815106232955306_n.jpg
15078539_1127537654027624_7574632691989972748_n.jpg

I hope to have a video up this weekend. The only Disney song I use is Let it go...

Weekly Disney Countdown!
Walt Disney World Arrival 34 Days!
Walt Disney World 5K 37 Days!
Walt Disney World 10K 38 Days!
Walt Disney World Half 39 Days!
Walt Disney World Full 40 Days!

Being a lifelong city girl, the idea of hunting as a big deal seems so strange to me. I guess it's good exercise with all the walking around...

I love your Christmas display! I haven't seen so many up around here lately, but I'm guessing I'll start to see them over the next few days. Unfortunately, nobody near us does fun Disney displays, so I guess that means your house is infinitely better than anything I'll see in person! (Although there is a house a few blocks away from me that always does a really big incredible display, so I'm hoping a get a chance to go see that at some point in time)

Being a lifelong city girl, the idea of hunting as a big deal seems so strange to me. I guess it's good exercise with all the walking around...

I love your Christmas display! I haven't seen so many up around here lately, but I'm guessing I'll start to see them over the next few days. Unfortunately, nobody near us does fun Disney displays, so I guess that means your house is infinitely better than anything I'll see in person! (Although there is a house a few blocks away from me that always does a really big incredible display, so I'm hoping a get a chance to go see that at some point in time)
Wisconsin doesn't really have a big city even Milwaukee doesn't come close to Chicago or New York, so something like hunting especially with so much open land in Wisconsin is a big deal. I definitely see how it could be strange to a New Yorker.

Thanks! I hope do a video of it this weekend and I will post it here.

Hi Ryan! I haven't been over here in a while and just wanted to stop by and say hi! Your trip is approaching very quickly which is exciting!

I love all your Disney Christmas lights, especially the door - so classic and cute!
15253538_1145142105600512_6856695067854483392_n-jpg.207998

Hi Ryan! I haven't been over here in a while and just wanted to stop by and say hi! Your trip is approaching very quickly which is exciting!

I love all your Disney Christmas lights, especially the door - so classic and cute!
Hello! Yes I know it will be here before I know it.

Thanks! Our front door decor hasn't changed in years now. It's simple and works.

Love the shirt too!!! Sounds like you had a fun vacay also...though I don't get the whole hunting thing!! Dopey does seem...pretty dopey lol...but I do get it...a huge accomplishment when done...and some awesome medals to boot I'm sure!! It's gonna be hard to keep up the training over the holidays though I'm sure!!! You seem pretty committed though so I'm sure it will be all good!

Love the shirt too!!! Sounds like you had a fun vacay also...though I don't get the whole hunting thing!! Dopey does seem...pretty dopey lol...but I do get it...a huge accomplishment when done...and some awesome medals to boot I'm sure!! It's gonna be hard to keep up the training over the holidays though I'm sure!!! You seem pretty committed though so I'm sure it will be all good!
Thanks! Not everyone does get the whole hunting thing. I think it depends on where you are from. I think Dopey is named properly that is for sure. The medals are a great thing to show off too. Training over the holidays and in the winter isn't easy and will probably be the true test on Dopey. Running in snow is not something I look forward too.

Thanks! Not everyone does get the whole hunting thing. I think it depends on where you are from. I think Dopey is named properly that is for sure. The medals are a great thing to show off too. Training over the holidays and in the winter isn't easy and will probably be the true test on Dopey. Running in snow is not something I look forward too.

Yeah, that's the real crap thing about training for a Challenge held right after the holidays. But, it's something we all know going in to it when we register or even do research on training plans ahead of time.

Last year, I did my final sim the week of Christmas and had my 20-miler on Christmas Eve. Most definitely not the way I wanted to spend the holiday - running for five hours and then active recovery, when I'd rather be at Epcot taking in the holiday festivities. But, gotta respect the challenge and the mileage, so that's what I did.

This time around will be even more tricky - I don't get to Florida until the 18th, and then I'm doing three full days of course set-up shifts on the 19-21, so I'll have to start my sim back-to-back on the 22nd, which means 10 miles on Christmas Eve, an early bedtime and then 18-20 miles on Christmas Day. My Mom isn't too thrilled about it either, but she knows what it takes and what's at stake and is dealing just fine. I'll just be cooking Christmas dinner instead of Christmas lunch that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter