Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

Ahhhh!!!! I can't believe it's over!!!! :-( but I am so incredibly happy for you to be doing the CP! Wow 93 days!? That's incredible! You should totally do a live trip report or something to let us know how it goes!! Guess I have to join tumblr huh? :-)

I'm so excited to read your Halloween trip, but it is very sad to see this one coming to an end. It was an awesome TR! :-)

Oh my God! What a perfect way to end a trip report! This trip report made me ready to take on Disney at Christmas on December 4th! Again, one of your best trip reports EVER!

*standing ovation*

Hi Jess! I've been a lurker on your report and am finally getting around to posting. I remember seeing your post about interviewing for the CP...how exciting that you were accepted! My sister is also going to be doing the Spring Advantage program in merchandise. She did the program last fall and loved it. Maybe you guys will meet each other when you're down there. :laughing:

Anyways, I loved all of the holiday posts. The holidays are one of my favorite times to go. :goodvibes

Awesome trip report, Jess! I seriously loved reading all about that amazing trip! And congrats on the December trip that you guys have planned, and congrats again on the DCP! Congrats all around, and Disney all around! Haha! I'm going over to that October TR next!

I didn't post much in this TR, but I definitely followed along! It was one of the TR I was reading the most when I was in lurker mode all summer, seeing as I was too busy with the baby to post comments. I LOVED reading about your trip and want to go to Disney around Christmas time so bad. Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip!

I have read all your trip reports and have loved every single one! :goodvibes I'm so excited for you that you were accepted for the college program. What a fantastic and awesome experience it will be. We will be down in Disney right when you are starting! Maybe we will get to see you! It will be DD's first trip and I hope she turns out to be as big a fan of Disney as you are :goodvibes

So bummed this report is over :-( You did a great job with it..I love all the details! I saw your comment on twitter lastnight that it was over and I couldn't believe it! Now I'm off to start reading about your October trip!

Awesome :cutie: Thank you for keeping me thoroughly entertained for 10 months. I'm a tad bit sad its over :( but I know I have a new one to look forward too YAY!!! :banana: -Amanda

Another trip report all done :sad1: BUT! You always have a new one starting, so YAY! :banana:

The last mornings of a trip are awful. Leaving Disney World is seriously depressing, isn't it? At least you were able to have a last minute fix at breakfast at Chef Mickey's!

Jonathan's face on the ME to the airport is priceless. He's so sad :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, your TR cant be over!! I really enjoyed reading all your Christmas Disney adventures. I learned so much and got so many great ideas for our trip in Dec.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for a wonderful job!!

Now, off to your Oct TR :)

Hi Jess :)

I'm normally a lurker from the Disboards but had to comment on this Trip Report ... I have spent ALL day reading it from beginning to end and have thoroughly enjoyed every part of it :banana:.

We're hoping to book up a last minute Nov/Dec 2012 trip :santa: so seeing the Christmas decorations was really exciting. I'm now subscribing to your next Trip Report and I'm going to love reading all about your DCP experience.

We've been to WDW numerous times as a couple (me and DH) but more recently have enjoyed introducing our baby boy to all things Disney. Sadly we've never stayed on site but maybe one day ... !

:flower3:

Lucie
x

I just caught up completely! Your trip seemed absolutley amazing:goodvibes Sorry about the Disneyland trip but :yay: for another Walt Disney World trip! Maybe we can actually meet up during this trip since I will still be working here then :)

What a great report!!! Sad to see it end :( thanks for all the great tips Jess, maybe we'll run into you during your new years trip!!! :)

Thank you so much! Perhaps you will! :)

I can definitely relate to the Southwest OIA "gate situation"!:)

I have also boarded the wrong mini-monorail(I love it when,upon arrival at OIA,little kids will get on it and say "Mommy,are we at Disney World?"!:))and had to go back to the hub and back through security to get to the right mini-monorail-it's really a frumpy situation!:)

I HATE the DME ride BACK to OIA-I call it The Sad Bus!:)

I always just sit there with a sad Deer Face in a semi-comatose state!:)

I'm glad we're not the only one who that has happened to! It's a little confusing!
I know, it's the saddest bus ride of them all!

Oh!! The end of your TR! It's like an end of an era! :sad: But I am sooooo excited for you and the DCP!! That is going to be an incredible experience!

I am totally planning on printing out your tips for our December trip. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this incredible trip report!

So I'm totally sad that it's over, but I am so grateful that you have another TR in progress! You are awesome!!!

I can't wait to hear about your DCP! I'll have to live vicariously through you, haha!

Good luck with this semester and getting ready for your future!

Haha it really is! I am going to feel so empty and along without it! Good thing I have a whole new one to write. :rotfl: This trip reports never end and that is NOT a bad thing! :thumbsup2

Oh awesome, awesome! I'm glad those tips will be put to good use!

Thank you so much!

I am so happy I am going to Chef Mickey’s next month for breakfast. It looks AMAZING. Mickey waffles <3

I have the same experience with characters sometimes. Nothing memorable or anything.

Awww leaving Disney ):

I LOVED this TR, Jess! It was so cool reading about your Disney Christmas and New Years! One of the best TRs I have ever read :-)

They are SO good!

Yeah.. but it's always fun to meet them no matter what!

So sad!

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :hug:

For your car, I park at the Fast Park when I fly out of the airport. It's off-site airport parking, and it's not terribly expensive: http://www.thefastpark.com/location/orlando/

You can sign up for their rewards card too and earn free nights to keep your car if you fly home ever during your DCP.

Ahh thank you so much! I will keep that in mind and we will look into it!

Seriously, Jess, I love reading your trip reports. I laugh, I cry, I want to go to Disney. Like really want to go. Even though I have a trip planned for 19 DAYS I want to have one booked for next year.

I can't wait to read about your October trip, or as I like to call it, "The trip where you found out your Disney dreams are coming true."

I think it's great that you have such a great relationship with your family, it is so apparent in all of your reporting!

And BOO on non-Disney food, life is not fair if there are no Mickey Waffles, just sayin...;)

Hahaha aww that's beautiful! Thank you so much! 19 DAYS IS SO SOON! And I'm sure you'll be able to book another one soon! :thumbsup2

SERIOUSLY that is what that trip was! I can't wait to write about it!

Aww I really do! Thank so you much - I'm glad you can tell!

Haha but really!

Jess,

I don't post or comment too much but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this trip report! I love all your TRs and so does my 13 year old daughter, but this one was so much fun to follow. You started it right before we booked our first trip as DVC members and it led to me reading all of your reports and subscribing to you, Kristen, and Joni's reports and reading them religiously! I follow you on Twitter and Instagram too. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful trips and love for all things Disney! We are arriving for our next trip two days after you start DCP so if we happen to see you I will definitely say hi! They are very lucky to have you and you will make an awesome concierge CM! Just thought I would say thank you and good luck!

Vanessa

Aww thank you so much for posting! I'm glad the both of you enjoy the reports and that this one was fun to read!

That's SO wonderful that you read all of my reports as well as my friends! :goodvibes Thank you for dedicating the time to us - we really appreciate it!

I'm glad you follow on instagram and twitter too because that's a great way to do live updates!

You're so welcome - I'm glad you enjoy them! Yes, if you see me definitely say hi! That would be so cool to meet you!

Thank you so much for your kind words! And you are very welcome! :goodvibes

I don't comment a lot on your TR's but I read along and I love them! Thank you for such a great TR, all of your tips and pictures were amazing! I really want to do a Christmas/New Year's trip someday, and Bay Lake Tower seems like the perfect resort for that (although I'm guessing if I ever DO go during that time, it will be hard for me to not stay the the WL. Or the Yacht Club. AHHHH too many resorts to choose from! :yay:)

And CONGRATULATIONS on getting accepted to the DCP! :dance3: You are going to have such a wonderful time!

Going to join your October TR now, although I can't promise I'll be able to keep up and comment! :rotfl:

I'm glad that you're still here! :) You're very welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed them! Hopefully you will get to take a Christmas trip someday - it really was BEYOND magical!

Thank you so much! I can't even wait!

Woohoo! That's okay - if you feel like reading it it will always be there for you to catch up on!

My post are minimal but i just wanted to say this was a wonderful report. Love reading yours. Congrats on the DCP! I still have memories from mine back in 2007. I know you will have an amazing time! And we wher just as lucky to go through the employee line at the airport last december. Appearently, they are more than 1 train and i just go the way we always go. We almost missed our fight. They called us over the intercom as soon as we got off the 2nd train.:lmao:. Well congrats again!

Aww thank you so much for everything! What role were you when you did your DCP? I most definitely will - I'm so excited! Ahh good thing that all worked out at the airport! Thank you!

Ahhhh!!!! I can't believe it's over!!!! :-( but I am so incredibly happy for you to be doing the CP! Wow 93 days!? That's incredible! You should totally do a live trip report or something to let us know how it goes!! Guess I have to join tumblr huh? :-)

I'm so excited to read your Halloween trip, but it is very sad to see this one coming to an end. It was an awesome TR! :-)

I know, I can't believe it either! But yes it's so soon! I'm very very excited! I don't know how I'm going to be documenting yet but tumblr seems like a good bet!

Thank you so much! I am excited to write about it! Aww I'm glad you enjoyed this one - it was my favorite one to write!

Oh my God! What a perfect way to end a trip report! This trip report made me ready to take on Disney at Christmas on December 4th! Again, one of your best trip reports EVER!

*standing ovation*

Have a great trip! Thank you!

Hi Jess! I've been a lurker on your report and am finally getting around to posting. I remember seeing your post about interviewing for the CP...how exciting that you were accepted! My sister is also going to be doing the Spring Advantage program in merchandise. She did the program last fall and loved it. Maybe you guys will meet each other when you're down there. :laughing:

Anyways, I loved all of the holiday posts. The holidays are one of my favorite times to go. :goodvibes

Thank you for posting! Yes, I am absolutely thrilled! Aww is she? That's cool! Me and her should get in contact on facebook! Perhaps we will!

Thank you so much! Me too!

So sad it's over, but there's a new one to read and even more exciting is that your CP is under 100 days away :D.

Aww thanks! And yes yes, lots of fun stuff coming our way!

Awesome trip report, Jess! I seriously loved reading all about that amazing trip! And congrats on the December trip that you guys have planned, and congrats again on the DCP! Congrats all around, and Disney all around! Haha! I'm going over to that October TR next!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the report! And I am SUPER excited for that trip and the DCP! WOOHOO my life is Disney! Awesome - see you there!

Thank you for writing such a wonderful, detailed trip report I really enjoyed reading and getting to know you :)

You're so welcome! Thank you for reading it! :)

I didn't post much in this TR, but I definitely followed along! It was one of the TR I was reading the most when I was in lurker mode all summer, seeing as I was too busy with the baby to post comments. I LOVED reading about your trip and want to go to Disney around Christmas time so bad. Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip!

I'm glad you were here and I'm glad it provided some entertainment to you during your free moments :) I hope you get to someday! You're so welcome!

I have read all your trip reports and have loved every single one! :goodvibes I'm so excited for you that you were accepted for the college program. What a fantastic and awesome experience it will be. We will be down in Disney right when you are starting! Maybe we will get to see you! It will be DD's first trip and I hope she turns out to be as big a fan of Disney as you are :goodvibes

Aww thank you! I'm so glad! I am super excited for the DCP too! Maybe you will run into me at some point! And aww that's adorable - I bet she will!

So bummed this report is over :-( You did a great job with it..I love all the details! I saw your comment on twitter lastnight that it was over and I couldn't believe it! Now I'm off to start reading about your October trip!

Aww I'm glad you liked it! I know, it's crazy that it's actually completed! Woohoo see you there!

Awesome :cutie: Thank you for keeping me thoroughly entertained for 10 months. I'm a tad bit sad its over :( but I know I have a new one to look forward too YAY!!! :banana: -Amanda

Haha aww you're so welcome! I'm sad too! I hope you like the new one!

Another trip report all done :sad1: BUT! You always have a new one starting, so YAY! :banana:

The last mornings of a trip are awful. Leaving Disney World is seriously depressing, isn't it? At least you were able to have a last minute fix at breakfast at Chef Mickey's!

Jonathan's face on the ME to the airport is priceless. He's so sad :(

Yes I do! Disney all the time! :yay:

They really are! I don't like leaving :( The character meal was a great way to go, though!

I know! We were all sad. It was SUCH a great trip!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, your TR cant be over!! I really enjoyed reading all your Christmas Disney adventures. I learned so much and got so many great ideas for our trip in Dec.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for a wonderful job!!

Now, off to your Oct TR :)

Aww haha I'm glad you liked it and that it was informative!

You're welcome! And thank YOU for reading!

See you there!

Hi Jess :)

I'm normally a lurker from the Disboards but had to comment on this Trip Report ... I have spent ALL day reading it from beginning to end and have thoroughly enjoyed every part of it :banana:.

We're hoping to book up a last minute Nov/Dec 2012 trip :santa: so seeing the Christmas decorations was really exciting. I'm now subscribing to your next Trip Report and I'm going to love reading all about your DCP experience.

We've been to WDW numerous times as a couple (me and DH) but more recently have enjoyed introducing our baby boy to all things Disney. Sadly we've never stayed on site but maybe one day ... !

:flower3:

Lucie
x

Haha you're a fast reader! I'm so glad that you found it and that you liked it enough to read it all day long! That's wonderful! Thank you for the compliments!!

Ooh I hope you get to go on that trip! That would be awesome! Thank you!

Aww how adorable! You definitely should look into staying onsite.. it truly makes the experience!

Thank you again for reading!

I just caught up completely! Your trip seemed absolutley amazing:goodvibes Sorry about the Disneyland trip but :yay: for another Walt Disney World trip! Maybe we can actually meet up during this trip since I will still be working here then :)

Woohoo! It really was! That's okay, I'm really not even sad because I'm SO excited! Yes we definitely should!! Thanks for reading!

Wow... I'm really sad this TR is over. I joined in late but I totally enjoyed every moment. I'm also subscribed to your TR with Kristen & HHI, and will follow your new one, but this one was truly special and magical. Thanks for sharing everything! I'm (selfishly) disappointed that your DL trip didn't work out because I may be going for a day in March - we're flying to CA for a wedding - and I was looking forward to a thorough report from you! :rotfl: But I'm glad you're excited for your new WDW trip. It will truly be a special one since it will be your last as a 100% guest :goodvibes Thanks again for putting in so much time to make this a truly fantastic TR!

Wow... I'm really sad this TR is over. I joined in late but I totally enjoyed every moment. I'm also subscribed to your TR with Kristen & HHI, and will follow your new one, but this one was truly special and magical. Thanks for sharing everything! I'm (selfishly) disappointed that your DL trip didn't work out because I may be going for a day in March - we're flying to CA for a wedding - and I was looking forward to a thorough report from you! :rotfl: But I'm glad you're excited for your new WDW trip. It will truly be a special one since it will be your last as a 100% guest :goodvibes Thanks again for putting in so much time to make this a truly fantastic TR!

Aww me too! I'm so glad you found the report and enjoyed it! Hopefully the other trip reports will also be fun to read for you! But I agree there was definitely something special about this one! :) You're welcome!

Haha aww I'm sorry the DLR trip is off. We will go one day but it may not be for a while. I am SUPER excited about going back to WDW. I just can't get enough!! I'm glad I have one more chance to be a guest!

You're so welcome! Thank you for reading! I truly appreciate each and every one of my readers and the support you gave me! :hug:

I'm also sad for the end of this TR. It was really the first in depth report that turned me on to searching out other TRs (including your friends) but I'm so excited for the new one! :banana:

We will miss each other by literally one day this holiday season, but I'm glad we will both be there. Whoo Hoo!! :santa: And the tip list is definitely coming with us. Already received the carriage necklaces from EBay and can't wait to surprise my daughter in Japan!

So glad for your DCP acceptance and placement. I hope it's everything you want and more! Keep moving toward your dreams!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter