Your ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GUIDE to Disney World at Christmas Time! UPDATE x2 10/21

I just found this TR, and read the first few posts. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! :scared1:

But that's okay, because so far I am LOVING IT! I have actually laughed out loud so many times. We're only two years apart in age, and you sound just like my friends and I, so it's even more enjoyable to me. Although, my friends are no where near as obsessed with Disney as you and I, so maybe you just sound like me :lmao:

Anyways, I can't wait to keep reading! Unfortunately, it will have to wait till I finish school work :scared:

Where did you get that Little Mermaid shirt you were wearing in the first post? It is too cute! Also, you are totally gorgeous! :flower3:

I love having private buses! Last time we were there, we had a private Magical Express bus!

I would love to live in Golden Oak. I have looked at the pics online and they are amazing.

You are TSM fast-pass procuring pro! That is awesome- gotta love pixie dust from CMs! I think it would be so much fun to have a job where you could make someone's day with those fun little extras!

Everytime I see Kona breakfast I get more excited. Every TR I read seems to show the macadamia/pineapple pancakes and Tonga Toast. They just look so amazing- I have no idea how I am going to choose when I go there in February! YUM

The little beach area by the pool looks so nice- what gorgeous views! Gotta love sitting by the pool in December!:cool2:

I have seen pictures of that hidden mickey from Poly before and I walked around each floor twice last year and couldn't find it.. it doesn't look that small either how am I missing it :confused3

So, I had all these great (in my mind) responses that I was going to do to your whole report, cause it was fabulous and because I have a lot to say. But.

Now, that's a really big but.

TONGA TOAST!!! It basically rules my waking life... Pretty sure I dream about it, too. As a matter of fact, I have such a craving right now!!!

That is all. There is nothing else above the deliciousness that is tonga that.

I'm so jealous of all the TSM rides! My goal for Nov is 6 rides. Two DHS days, I'm sure we can do it. More would be awesome though!

I"m seriously considering Tonga Toast on my next trip!

Hilarious! Smelly cat really is one of those songs that just sort of creeps into your subconscious and pops up from time to time! Ahhh Friends :love:

Yikes! 8:30 fastpasses for TSM?? :worship:

I don't think I have ever seen the stand by time at 5 mins! I need to tour with you and your dad :rotfl:

Another awkward character interaction, Geez they really are putting out the "B" team this week aren't they?

Yummmm to all the Kona food...and coffee!
Such a great last breakfast of 2011!:thumbsup2

If there's actually someone who replies to your post and says they didn't know what Smelly Cat was before reading this, I will cry for humanity. That is SO funny that the music sounded like that to you though, omg.

WHAT is with you and getting free fastpasses!?!? Jess, you seriously have the best luck ever when it comes to Disney!

Kona on Christmas and New Years... girl you had one perfect holiday season, let me tell you. And I've never had Tonga Toast!!!!!! Can you believe it? I always get the Big Kahuna. But wow that fruit plate is just perfection. Like not only does it look delicious... it looks fun. LOL.

I agree with that statement so much! Besides, it was you and Kristen that inspired me to join the forums. I, too, am a frump and proud of it!

I'm glad!

Ahh those views by the pool...I HAVE to stay there someday. And the Poly...its so beautiful there.

I hope you get to!

Holy you guys sure did some awesome TSM-ing on this trip! That's seriously impressive. How awesome that you got so many fast passes, and a private bus! UGH! Tonga toast is quite possibly the most delicious thing I have ever tasted! And that fruit plate, hooooooly! It looks absolutely amazing!

Haha yes, I got a bit obsessed with it! I think my dedication paid off. ;) And yes it is! Everything was WONDERFUL!

The invention of frump. Genius! That's when I 'met' yall so for me it was true! :laughing:

SO MANY TOY STORY FASTPASSES! Ugh if only that could happen every single time!

Tonga toast looks amazing but I wish you could pick the filling! I love bananas but not warm mushy ones (as I've heard them described in the Tonga Toast). But like I said... it looks amaaaazing.

THAT POOL. Those views. Everything is perfect!!! Your chicken caesar salad looks different than the one I had from the Contempo. Weird! Yours looks better actually!

Haha exactly!
Seriously, I wish it could! I would be a pro!
I'm sorry you don't like the filling. That could ruin the dish for you. I guess you'd have to settle for the macadamia nut pineapple pancakes. Darn. ;)
I KNOW. I can't get over it. I never will get over it. Ahh even though it's our home resort it is still so special to me! I hope I get to stay there again someday.
Hmm that's weird! Maybe they changed it. Or actually we could have gotten it from a pool snack location. I don't know!

What an amazing way to start off New Years Eve....Six TSM fastpasses...that has to be a record for that week, and I am definitely betting that you guys came back to use all of them:goodvibes

The pool area at BLT looks gorgeous...I can definitely see why you guys loved spending so much time down there.

Kona for breakfast looks so good....I love it for dinner, mainly because of the bread lol, but after reading so many wonderful reviews of the breakfast, I think one of these days I am definitely going to have to try that too.

I love that giant Mickey at the polynesian, We did one of the photoshoots at the Poly once and the photographer had us sit on that giant mickey...I loved how those pics came out.

Can't wait to hear more

I know! And haha you will have to wait and see!
It was WONDERFUL! I am glad that we actually had time during this trip to spend a few days at the pool!
I LOVE THE BREAD! And you definitely need to try breakfast there - it's so good!
Me to! Aww that's adorable! I bet they came out perfectly!
Thank you :-)

Six TSM Fastpasses???

OMG, how exciting!

And I totally laughed out loud with the "Smelly Cat" reference! I loved Friends...one of my fave shows to this day :)

YES! It was quite an accomplishment.
Haha me too! I watch it every night!

OMG you guys were TSM pros this trip! I can’t believe you left with 6 FPs that morning.

I have been DYING to try Kona. I’m going in November for dinner. I’m excited for THE BREAD but I really want to try the Tonga Toast!

I could relax at the Bay Lake beach all day. The view is incredible.

Yeah we were! I was determined!
You definitely need to! I'm glad you have a dinner scheduled. Maybe you should try and sneak in a breakfast ;) It's not too expensive if you pay OOP! Definitely worth it!
So could I! :cloud9:

I just found this TR, and read the first few posts. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! :scared1:

But that's okay, because so far I am LOVING IT! I have actually laughed out loud so many times. We're only two years apart in age, and you sound just like my friends and I, so it's even more enjoyable to me. Although, my friends are no where near as obsessed with Disney as you and I, so maybe you just sound like me :lmao:

Anyways, I can't wait to keep reading! Unfortunately, it will have to wait till I finish school work :scared:

Where did you get that Little Mermaid shirt you were wearing in the first post? It is too cute! Also, you are totally gorgeous! :flower3:

Better late than never! I'm just glad you're here and interested in reading! Thank you so much!

Haha that's awesome! I'm glad that you find it easy to relate - that always makes a trip report more enjoyable!

Ahh good luck with your school work! I am going back to school in 5 days... it's going to be a busy semester! Enjoy reading the rest of the TR!

I got it at Forever 21 last fall! Thanks! And aww thank you so much! :goodvibes You're so sweet!

I love having private buses! Last time we were there, we had a private Magical Express bus!

I would love to live in Golden Oak. I have looked at the pics online and they are amazing.

So do I! Ah that's very lucky!
I know, I know. I wish I lived there more than anything in the world!

You are TSM fast-pass procuring pro! That is awesome- gotta love pixie dust from CMs! I think it would be so much fun to have a job where you could make someone's day with those fun little extras!

Everytime I see Kona breakfast I get more excited. Every TR I read seems to show the macadamia/pineapple pancakes and Tonga Toast. They just look so amazing- I have no idea how I am going to choose when I go there in February! YUM

The little beach area by the pool looks so nice- what gorgeous views! Gotta love sitting by the pool in December!:cool2:

Heck yes I am! Thank you! I know, I would love to make people's days with fastpasses! I'm sure the CM's pick people out of the crowds that they know would appreciate the FP's!

Ahh yes those are definitely the two most amazing things on the menu! I always have such a hard time choosing too!

It was BEAUTIFUL! I loved it!

I have seen pictures of that hidden mickey from Poly before and I walked around each floor twice last year and couldn't find it.. it doesn't look that small either how am I missing it :confused3

It's on the first floor near the entrance... I don't know! I'm sure if you ask a CM they would gladly point it out!

So, I had all these great (in my mind) responses that I was going to do to your whole report, cause it was fabulous and because I have a lot to say. But.

Now, that's a really big but.

TONGA TOAST!!! It basically rules my waking life... Pretty sure I dream about it, too. As a matter of fact, I have such a craving right now!!!

That is all. There is nothing else above the deliciousness that is tonga that.

Hahaha TONGA TOAST IS THE BEST THING EVER! That was a very important comment! Gahh I'm craving it too!
I agree 100% :thumbsup2

I'm so jealous of all the TSM rides! My goal for Nov is 6 rides. Two DHS days, I'm sure we can do it. More would be awesome though!

I"m seriously considering Tonga Toast on my next trip!

I bet you can do it! I have faith in you guys!
I hope you get some - it's delicious!

Hilarious! Smelly cat really is one of those songs that just sort of creeps into your subconscious and pops up from time to time! Ahhh Friends :love:

Yikes! 8:30 fastpasses for TSM?? :worship:

I don't think I have ever seen the stand by time at 5 mins! I need to tour with you and your dad :rotfl:

Another awkward character interaction, Geez they really are putting out the "B" team this week aren't they?

Yummmm to all the Kona food...and coffee!
Such a great last breakfast of 2011!:thumbsup2

YES! And I'm sure that the song didn't sound ANYTHING like it, but my delirious mind definitely morphed it into Smelly Cat! I'm a frump.
Crazy right!? I felt so accomplished.
hahaha we take TSM VERY seriously.
Yeah, they definitely were. I bet because it was Christmas week they were just using all of the extras to get a little extra help.
Delicious! I agree!

If there's actually someone who replies to your post and says they didn't know what Smelly Cat was before reading this, I will cry for humanity. That is SO funny that the music sounded like that to you though, omg.

WHAT is with you and getting free fastpasses!?!? Jess, you seriously have the best luck ever when it comes to Disney!

Kona on Christmas and New Years... girl you had one perfect holiday season, let me tell you. And I've never had Tonga Toast!!!!!! Can you believe it? I always get the Big Kahuna. But wow that fruit plate is just perfection. Like not only does it look delicious... it looks fun. LOL.

Hahaha there hasn't been anyone yet, but I will let you know! I know... it probably wasn't even close, but my mind is brainwashed with Friends. And no one's mad.

I have no idea! I was so excited though!

I know, I will never be able to top it! And wow, that is crazy!! I don't know how you have survived! And yeah, that fruit plate was AWESOME! I would totally get that if I wasn't obsessed with the other two dished. :laughing:

I was downright giddy when I walked under the 5 minute standby wait sign at TSM in July. I felt like I found Bigfoot or something. :rotfl:

Your FP collection skills are truly impressive. :worship:

I LOVE the tile Hidden Mickey in the GCH. It's one of my absolute favorites. I can't believe you never noticed it!

Breakfast at Kona looks delicious as always. Now I'm hungry again... ;)

Oh my gosh, that picture with all of the TSM Fastpasses is... beautiful!

I had no idea that it was 1.5 million dollars to live at Golden Oak! I figured it would be steep, but YEESH! I'm about to start reading a book about Celebration, so maybe I'll aim to live there instead, haha.

Great report, as always.

One small thing. It's "Smelly cat, what are they feeding you?" Because something that he is eating is making him (or his "you know what") smell really bad.:faint:

I love writing these trip reports so I can share all that I have experienced with others. I just love to pass on the happiness! :goodvibes

You are very, very talented at passing on the happiness!! :goodvibes

OMG GOLDEN OAK!! I want to live there so bad. It sounds like such perfection. Have you seen this blog post on it? Nothing would be better than living there. NOTHING.

Oh TSM! How I love you!! So glad you got the count up so high AND are scoring so well! YAY!

I am so in love with Kona. It doesn't even matter which meal it is, it's always delicious!!

I was downright giddy when I walked under the 5 minute standby wait sign at TSM in July. I felt like I found Bigfoot or something. :rotfl:

Your FP collection skills are truly impressive. :worship:

I LOVE the tile Hidden Mickey in the GCH. It's one of my absolute favorites. I can't believe you never noticed it!

Breakfast at Kona looks delicious as always. Now I'm hungry again... ;)

It's a glorious feeling, isn't it?!
Thank you!
So do I! I can't believe it either. Definitely one of those "oh duh" moments. :laughing:
Yes.... me too!

Oh my gosh, that picture with all of the TSM Fastpasses is... beautiful!

I had no idea that it was 1.5 million dollars to live at Golden Oak! I figured it would be steep, but YEESH! I'm about to start reading a book about Celebration, so maybe I'll aim to live there instead, haha.

Thank you!
Yeah... it's my dream to live there but it will probably never happen. Sadness. :p Celebration is definitely my second choice though!

So...I read your whole TR in two days. I must be crazy :rotfl:

It was so good, though! Good job :) Now I can't wait for the next update!

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll be posting a new one soon!

Great report, as always.

One small thing. It's "Smelly cat, what are they feeding you?" Because something that he is eating is making him (or his "you know what") smell really bad.:faint:

Thank you!
Hahaha I definitely knew that... my 6 o'clock am brain was clearly not thinking when I tweeted it. Thanks for pointing that out! :laughing:

You are very, very talented at passing on the happiness!! :goodvibes

OMG GOLDEN OAK!! I want to live there so bad. It sounds like such perfection. Have you seen this blog post on it? Nothing would be better than living there. NOTHING.

Oh TSM! How I love you!! So glad you got the count up so high AND are scoring so well! YAY!

I am so in love with Kona. It doesn't even matter which meal it is, it's always delicious!!

Aww thank you so much!
Me too. You have no idea. It just makes me sad to know a place like that exists and I can't live there. :laughing:
Me too! Thanks!
So am I. It's one of the best spots on property!

Chapter 91: Bay Lake Tower's Pool
December 31st, 2011

Jonathan was going to go up and do homework, but I convinced him to stay because we had to go down the slide!

dsc00592wu.jpg

The water was cold when we went in, but after we got out the air felt way colder!

dsc00602dm.jpg

That slide is GREAT! Oh my gosh. It swirls around and really picks up speed about halfway through.

dsc00612t.jpg

Jonathan and I ended up going on five times in a row! I felt like a little kid again because I just kept being like “LET’S GO AGAIN!!!” It was just way too much fun!

dsc00642rx.jpg

This has to be one of the prettiest water slide/entire pool areas that I have EVER seen! The tiling is ABSOLUTELY incredible.

dsc00712a.jpg

You can walk through this pathway to get to the other side of the pool:

dsc00792lf.jpg

dsc00802sp.jpg

dsc00812xa.jpg

dsc00842vz.jpg

The stairs:

dsc00722do.jpg

View from the top level of the slide:

dsc00732ov.jpg

dsc00752c.jpg

Just beautiful.

dsc00742hb.jpg

Here is where you get on the slide:

dsc00762za.jpg

dsc00772s.jpg

dsc00782f.jpg

Then we went in the hot tub because it was getting too cold!

dsc00682oma.jpg

We got out, Jonathan went to the room, and I played the poolside Disney trivia!

The cast member doing the trivia had SUCH a thick accent so it was really hard to understand her.

There were some tricky questions! See if you knew these answers:
How old is Snow White? 16
What movie is Mickey and Bugs Bunny in together? Roger Rabbit
How many dozens of eggs does Gaston eat? 5 dozen
How many times does Cinderella lose her glass slipper? Two

There was a three-way tie and I was one of the winners! WOOHOO! My prize was two little containers of BUBBLES! All of the big prizes were gone but I was completely satisfied.

After the game we went up to the room.

dsc00872a.jpg

dsc00882xv.jpg

Dad took a cab to the drug store to get Jonathan some medicine. His ears were still bothering him and we had to fly in two days, so we figured that would be a good idea.

I showered, blow dried my hair, and got ready!

Dad got back and we wanted to go over to Hollywood Studios so we could ride Toy Story Mania before dinner!

Unfortunately, it took everyone FOREVER to get out the door. We didn’t leave the Contemporary until 6 pm, and our dinner was at 7:30. We stopped at the Polynesian and then we stopped at the Grand Floridian, too!! We usually don’t do that - we usually only go to the Polynesian. I was just so fed up with how long everything was taking so we got off at the Grand Floridian. We were never going to make it back in time for dinner if we went all the way to DHS.

I posted on twitter:
Change of plans. We are doing toy story AFTER dinner/new years festivities. Ringing in the new year with the best ride EVER :-)

We took the monorail back to the Contemporary. Mom and I went down to the check-in desk to get Jonathan a new room key, since he lost his. They gave him a new one, no problem!

We went back to the room and I changed into jeans. It was getting chilly! Mom ended up finding Jonathan’s old room key in his other shorts (of course) but oh well.

The good thing about going back to the room was that I caught a the sunset! I had to take a bunch of pictures before we left!

dsc00922jt.jpg

dsc00933s.jpg

dsc00943d.jpg

dsc00963s.jpg

dsc00973pi.jpg

Then it was time to go catch the monorail!

Continued in Next Post

Oh my goodness~ The Contemporary pool looks like so much FUN! Especially that slide. :thumbsup2

Yay for winning Disney trivia! You go girl!

I love the pictures of the monorail leaving the Contemporary with the sunset and Christmas decorations <3 <3

okay so you know I was thinking when I read about your addition what different characters you could be then i saw your pool pics n was like OMg you would be the perfect Silvermist fairy!!!!! Disney are you hearing me ?????She's the perfect SILVERMIST!!!!!!!

I LOVE the tile at the pool. It is so pretty!

Those Disney trivia questions are REALLY hard!

I can’t get enough of your sunset pictures!

Oh my goodness~ The Contemporary pool looks like so much FUN! Especially that slide. :thumbsup2

Yay for winning Disney trivia! You go girl!

I love the pictures of the monorail leaving the Contemporary with the sunset and Christmas decorations <3 <3

It was REALLY fun! Oh my goodness.
Woohoo thanks!
I'm glad you like them! Thank you!

okay so you know I was thinking when I read about your addition what different characters you could be then i saw your pool pics n was like OMg you would be the perfect Silvermist fairy!!!!! Disney are you hearing me ?????She's the perfect SILVERMIST!!!!!!!

Hahaha aww thank you! I could definitely see that. We have the same features!

I LOVE the tile at the pool. It is so pretty!

Those Disney trivia questions are REALLY hard!

I can’t get enough of your sunset pictures!

So do I! It was incredible!
Yeah they were! I was like... whoa, I thought I knew a lot about Disney :laughing:
Thank you! There's more coming before the trip is over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter