Your top 5 recommendations - signature dining

In no special order... we liked them all.

California Grill - great food and service... I like the sushi appetizers. The filet steak was great! Superb service. ADR at 5:30pm... enjoyed the sunset. Kind of noisy here.

Citrocos - great food and service. Quieter restaurant. Visiting the Grand Floridian lobby before/after dinner was nice too. Small orchestra playing music alternating with piano player. A few nice shops. Lots of nice floral arrangements.

Narcossees - food was very good. Service great. Food at Citrocos was a little more "fancy" in presentation.

Jiko - great food and service. I liked the gift shop in the lobby. Quieter, I'd say more romantic than the others.

Have not eaten at the other signatures yet. We are looking forward to trying Flying Fish and Hollywood Brown Derby, and definitely returning to California Grill, Citrocos and Narcoosees.

Hoop Dee Doo show (2 meal credits) was a lot of fun and you might enjoy that if you have never seen it. Kind of like the old Hee Haw show that was on TV years ago.

Spirit of Aloha was OK... the food menu was fixed but I thought it was good. We had front row seats, and I think a lot of the other seats had a very poor view.. the place just is not designed well for views. The fire juggler was the best part.... BUT, you can see the fire juggling in front of the Polynesian Resort as part of the welcome the night ceremony. It's 15 minutes of drumming and fire juggling in preparation for lighting the resort's tiki torches. When we were there in 2009, it was Tues through Sat. at 6pm. Then you could enjoy a nice meal at Ohana - Aloha style.

We love California Grill, always had great food there and the view is fabulous. I can highly recommend the pork tenderloin with polenta, very very yummy. The food at Yachtsman has always been wonderful but the service had been poor for our last 2 visits. Last time they put us under an A/C outlet and it was freezing, they wouldn't or couldn't move us so we were stuck there :sad2:

Jiko was also very good and the AKL is worth a visit if you've never been. The staff were very friendly and the food was awesome, the fillet steak with mac and cheese was sooo good. I would also recommend Artist Point, it seems a bit of a hidden gem as it has always been quiet when we have been in August. Wilderness Lodge is also gorgeous to look around, we like to walk from Fort Wilderness to WL at dusk. The wildlife is starting to become active and we have seen all sorts of things including deer, armadillos and lizards and ofc the ever present bunnies.

We are trying flying fish and Narcoosee this time, looking forward to both.

We just got back from our anniversary trip and had DxDP. Our favorites were Artist Point and Cali Grill. They both had awesome food and bent over backwards to help us have a great anniversary meal.

Yachtsman- the service was fine, but we were on day 3 of the DxDP and a big steak was just so overwhelming at that point. It's a lot like Morton's if you have them.

We also ate at Flying Fish. The service was great but I didn't care for the food- it just depends on your taste I think.

We did not get to Jiko because it was too much planning and time to get there, we ended up cancelling our ADR and going to Yachtsman since we were staying at the BC. I have a feeling we wouldn't have been crazy about the food wherever we ate that night anyway. Soooooo full!!!

We ate at Narcoossee's last year and the ambience was better than the food or service.

Happy anniversary and happy planning! One good thing about sigs is that, with the exception of Narcoossee's and Cali Grill, they really don't fill up. We changed two ressies the day of with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter