Your top 5 recommendations - signature dining

bas71873

DIS Veteran
Planning our 10 year anniversary trip for May 2011. Plan to stay at the Yacht Club for 5 nights (Sunday arrival, Friday departure), and get 2 day MYW park tickets and really "do" Epcot, adult style, for 2 days. The other 2 days will be "whatever days"....DH wants to do Disney Quest, I want to lounge by the pool, resort hop, shop, etc.

We want to do the Delux Dining and really eat it up while there. So, I think I'll plan a signature dining for each evening. Looking for your top picks :)

I don't know about a top 5 for us, but our all time favorite Signature restaurant is California Grill at CR. The view is spectacular and the food is amazing. And each time we have been there our servers have been top notch outstanding. For the last few years, it was a must do, until this past March when we decided to save the money and skip it. We are returning to WDW in September and my DH said that he didn't care where we ate on that trip just as long as we go to our beloved Cali Grill (so made ADRs for our arrival night). Also, another thing we love about Cali Grill is watching Wishes from up there. We never get an ADR around Wishes time, but rather we get the earliest seating possible (5:30pm) and then when we are done with dinner, we head down to the concourse level to do some shopping and wondering around the resort, or we have been known to hop on the monorail and just ride around. Then once Wishes is about to start head back up and watch (all you need inorder to get back up is your dinner receipt for that night, and they will let you back on the elevator).

The other Signature Restaurant that we have enjoyed in the past was Artist Point at WL. It is a gorgeous restaurant and they have some really unique dishes that are amazing. Good luck with your decision, and have a wonderful trip.

We did the Deluxe Dining Plan last summer and LOVED it. We went to the HDD and Luau and recommend both. Then there's always the castle...:wizard:

Thanks. I definately want to do Cali Grill and catch Wishes. Can't do the castle cause we aren't planning to go to MK (it's just DH and I for our anniversary trip and I would feel WAY too guilty to do MK without DD :guilty:).

Oooh. The luau is on my list too. We had a great time at the one at the Universal resort last summer and the food there was yummy!

Yachtsman Steakhouse
Cali Grill
Narcoosees

I didnt like Citricos and Ive never tried any other Sig. Dining locations.

We are on DDXP this year and are going too..

Yachtsmen- love it here, have eaten here numerous times.Twice this time too!

Fly Fishing Cafe- have never been, very excited to try!

Artist Point- first time, hubby loves venision and bison

Hoopdedu- numersous times, kids love it

Narcosses- have been once and liked very much, dine during wishes.

Next time I would like to try Cali Grill. and Brown Derby

1. Ohana- Polynesian Resort ( great food! )
2. Sci-Fi- Hollywood Studios ( best milkshakes and amazing atmosphere!)
3. Boma- Animal Kingdom Lodge ( great new and exotic foods and regualr foods to lol)

not in any real order of prefrence

1)Jiko
2)Artist Point
3)California Grill
4)Flying Fish
5)Narcosse

Definitely Yachtsman. When I am there alone on business I will often eat at the bar. They have a brussels sprout appetizer that is really good, and I dont normally like them.

Shulas over at the Swan/Dolphin is nice too and you are right next door to it.

Number one by far is Flying Fish, after that in no particular order:

Cali Grill
Blue Zoo
Narcoosee's
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Artist Point

Definitely Yachtsman Steakhouse and Jiko. We also really like Le Cellier in Epcot, although it's not considered signature. We are going to Cali Grill this June, and looking very forward to it. I hear all good things about Flying Fish on the BW too.

Happy anniversary and have a wonderful trip.

Definitely Yachtsman. When I am there alone on business I will often eat at the bar. They have a brussels sprout appetizer that is really good, and I dont normally like them.

Shulas over at the Swan/Dolphin is nice too and you are right next door to it.

Does Shula's participate in the DDP?? DH would LOVE that :)

Non of the resaurants at the Swan/Dolphin participate in the DxDDP.
We love Jiko. It is quieter than most WDW restaurants and the food is great. They have an excellent wine list as well.
We are not fans of Yachtsman Steakhouse and will not return. Each time we have gone we have been disappointed in our meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter