Your thoughts on the Plaza Restaurant at MK

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by floridafam, Mar 6, 2004.

1. floridafam

floridafam DIS Veteran

Have you eaten there?

What did you think of it. There menu looks nice for lunch. I need to plan a place for lunch the day we do MK in May.

:sunny:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Mattsmom

Mattsmom <font color=green>DIS Veteran</font><br><font colo

It's our favorite place to eat at MK. The food is great and the milkshakes are fantastic. It's similar to Beaches & Cream but has a much wider menu.
    My boys like the cheesesteak sandwich. I enjoyed the turkey sandwich & the tuna sandwich. Dh said the burgers are good too. We ate there twice on our last trip.:D

4. wantingdisney

wantingdisney Mouseketeer

Great and large sandwiches, Delicious icecream!

5. helenk

helenk I wish I was in Disney World

I ate a late lunch there in September, I had the cheese steak, very good and the service was great as well.

6. luvmarypoppins

luvmarypoppins <font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu

Would you need a ps there for spring/easter break april 6-13 for 5 lunch or dinner?

7. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Loved the cheesesteak! We had a brownie sundae, it was good, but HUGE!

8. corvair

corvair <font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag

Just wondering if you would have to have PS... would love to go her for lunch....thinking of late lunch...thanks..amy::yes::

9. Harambe

Harambe DIS Veteran

We went here without a PS, but had to wait about 30 minutes for a table (but there were ten of us!).

Lovely place - great sandwiches - great sundaes.

10. SCDizneyDawn

SCDizneyDawn DIS Veteran

The Plaza Resturant does not accept PS that I know of! We have eaten here once (last trip) and I will return, it was great!

11. CHIPSTER

CHIPSTER DIS Veteran

I would make a PS. The Plaza Restaurant does take PS (not to be confused with the Plaza Pavilion). This is the only restaurant we have frequented on every visit for the lat 15 years and never have been disappointed. Great place for lunch.

12. cruisnfamily

cruisnfamily DIS Veteran

13. kda

kda DIS Veteran

Excellent choice. A big step up from counter service sandwiches, AND you get served. It's a great chance to sit and relax, and the price will be somewhere in between counter service and a sit-down with hot entrees or a buffet.

Sometimes DH and I split the salad with chicken and strawberries and a sandwich. I believe the burgers come with a big variety of add-ons at no extra price.

14. Dismom63

Dismom63 Mouseketeer

The Plaza doesn't accept PS's:(

Have to stand in line for the yumminess!

15. Dismom63

Dismom63 Mouseketeer

Ooops really CHIPSTER? I stand corrected...I think I will try a PS there myself.
    :o Sorry

16. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

The Plaza Restraurant DOES take PS and they are recommended, especially in the evenings and on weekends. We always have 2 or 3 PS on every trip (4-5 times a year). We were just there last month. Since it's a regular stop for us, we know many servers by name as they know us too. They will usually guess what we're having and sometimes sit and chat with us! So call and make that PS, esp. a late lunch. We will we making ours in a week or so after I fine tune our plans. We are there 10 nights, so will visit the Plaza often. This is a small/tiny place and fills up quickly. But you can always get a walk in for an early lunch (11:00-11:30AM).

Dismom63, I think you are thinking of the ice cream corner where the goodies are--it's actually the same place where the Plaza gets their deserts too.

17. Dismom63

Dismom63 Mouseketeer

Well thanks to you all (especially CHIPSTER) I just made a ps for lunch at the Plaza for our Easter trip.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Thanks

18. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I've gotten PS there many times. As recent as January. I'd advise getting the PS, especially if you have a larger group.

19. Barb0829

Barb0829 Mouseketeer

we love the plaza & make sure that we eat there at least once when we are at disney. love their burgers and shakes. they are also very accomidating...last time we were at disney, i was about 6 weeks PG & could only eat certain foods. i explained my situations & they allowed me to order a grilled cheese off the kids menu. i would have paid more but i was even charged the kids price.

20. Eeyore2003

Eeyore2003 DIS Veteran

One of our great new finds last visit. Nice fresh club sandwiches. Tasted wonderful after so much rich and fatty stuff.

21. floridafam

floridafam DIS Veteran

My DH and DS love club sandwiches. DS often will order one off the adult menu in a restaurant.

It sounds like this would be a good choice for our lunch that day.

:sunny: