Your thoughts on our ADR's.

ArmyVet80

DIS Veteran
We are on the DlxDP (always our choice) and staying at POFQ. These are our ADR's for our Sept. 19 thru Sept. 26th trip in 75 days. We arrive at MCO from Indianapolis at 11:45 am on 19 Sept. We are celebrating two (2) wedding anniversaries on our trip. My in-laws 35th and my DW and I's 6th. I have those dinners labeled as so. We know this is a lot of sit down

Sat. 19 Sept: Arrival day with no specific park plan (MK EMH until 1 am)
Lunch: Biergarten @ 2:15 pm
Dinner: California Grill @ 9 pm *MIL & FIL's 35th wedding anniversary*

Sun. 20 Sept: AK beginning part of the day MNSSHP during the evening
Lunch: Sanaa @ 11:30 am
Dinner: Tony's Town Square @ 5:05 pm

Mon. 21 Sept: Epcot Day (Day 1)
Lunch: Via Napoli @ 11:30 am
Dinner: Rose & Crown Dining Room @ 7:00 pm

Tues. 22 Sept: Magic Kingdom day (partial because of another MNSSHP)
Lunch: BOG @ 11:00 am
Dinner: Hoop Dee Do Revue @ 8:30 pm (Category 1 seating)

Wed. 23 Sept: HS day
Lunch: Sci-Fi @ 11:00 am
Dinner: 50's Prime Time @ 5:00 pm

Thurs. 24 Sept: Epcot (Day 2)
Breakfast: Akershus @ 9:35 am
Dinner: Garden Grill @ 5:15 pm

Fri. 25 Sept: Epcot (Day 3 F&W Festival opening)
Lunch: Spice Road Table @ 11:30 am
Dinner: Yachtsman @ 8:00 pm *DW & I's 6th wedding anniversary*

Sat. 26 Sept: Departure day with no specific plans (Flight leaves at 5:45 pm)
Breakfast: CRT @ 9:00 am
Lunch: Open (2 meals per person left)

Looks good to me! The only meal I question, and that is because I am a worrie, is your arrival day ADR at Biergarten. We generally have CS for lunch because I hate running for anything, never mind as a kickof to vacation!

Happy Anniversary to all of you!

Thanks. I think we'll have a little wiggle room with the ME to POFQ and then the bus to Epcot to where it won't be too rushed. Since we don't have any real park plans for that day we can just leave our bags at the baggage room when we get to POFQ and then head straight to the bus station for a bus. Once our rooms are available we'll head back to POFQ. :)

You are going to be there the same time as me......The only thing I would question is Sept. 25. If you plan to spend the day at F&W, you will be way too full from that for 2 sit down meals. Even though the portions are small and we shared them last year, we were all still full for our 7pm ADR . I would definitely rethink that one.

I too think it looks good. My one thought reading it is that the 5:00 PM dinner ADR's would be too early for us after a big sitdown lunch. Can you make these a bit later?

We are on the DlxDP (always our choice) and staying at POFQ. These are our ADR's for our Sept. 19 thru Sept. 26th trip in 75 days. We arrive at MCO from Indianapolis at 11:45 am on 19 Sept. We are celebrating two (2) wedding anniversaries on our trip. My in-laws 35th and my DW and I's 6th. I have those dinners labeled as so. We know this is a lot of sit down

Lunch: Biergarten @ 2:15 pm Making this time is going to be tough. Def. eat here, just make at a later time or a different day
Dinner: California Grill @ 9 pm *MIL & FIL's 35th wedding anniversary* Never been but have friends who love it

Lunch: Sanaa @ 11:30 am Again, never been but friends like
Dinner: Tony's Town Square @ 5:05 pm We like Tonys

Lunch: Via Napoli @ 11:30 am Love the Piccante Pizza
Dinner: Rose & Crown Dining Room @ 7:00 pm One of our favorites on property

Lunch: BOG @ 11:00 am We are finally going in Oct., but friends really praise it
Dinner: Hoop Dee Do Revue @ 8:30 pm (Category 1 seating) Lots of fun, comfort food

Lunch: Sci-Fi @ 11:00 am Its been awhile, just glad to see 50s is included in your day
Dinner: 50's Prime Time @ 5:00 pm A must every trip!

Sat. 26 Sept: Departure day with no specific plans (Flight leaves at 5:45 pm)
Lunch: Open (2 meals per person left)

I would try to get an O'hana dinner instead of the Tony's Town Square.

We are doing Tony's since they allow guests into the parks at 4 pm for the MNSSHP. My DW tried BOG but couldn't get the reservation at our 180+10. My wife also likes Tony's and whatever the lady wants she tends to get. Well, within reason of course. She really likes the $37,500 castle covered in all those fancy Sworkovski (spelling is way off on that one) stones.. :)

Thanks for the suggestions though. I may run some by her just to see what she has to say. :)

Be sure to ask for a water-side table when you check in at Rose & Crown - you'll have an excellent view of Illuminations.

My DW and I have been lucky and gotten a patio table on four of our trips at the same time. Maybe it's because of our anniversary buttons or maybe it's just luck but we have enjoyed it.

Thanks. I think we'll have a little wiggle room with the ME to POFQ and then the bus to Epcot to where it won't be too rushed. Since we don't have any real park plans for that day we can just leave our bags at the baggage room when we get to POFQ and then head straight to the bus station for a bus. Once our rooms are available we'll head back to POFQ. :)

You will probably be okay, but I am not good at arriving late anywhere, so I tend to stress this stuff. If I started with a timeline, I would have a mutiny on my hands right from the get go! LOL!

We are doing Tony's since they allow guests into the parks at 4 pm for the MNSSHP. My DW tried BOG but couldn't get the reservation at our 180+10. My wife also likes Tony's and whatever the lady wants she tends to get. Well, within reason of course. She really likes the $37,500 castle covered in all those fancy Sworkovski (spelling is way off on that one) stones.. :)

Thanks for the suggestions though. I may run some by her just to see what she has to say. :)

My family really likes Tony's. I am not sure what that says for my cooking though, because a lot of people do not,. It is one of the only restaurants my husband did not announce to the table hat the sauce was canned, poor guy seems to only like mine, which is definately not authentic Italian gravy! LOL!

It is a good idea to be in the park for dinner on a party night if at all possible. I do like 'Ohana but would choose anythink in the park over that if possible.

Liberty Tree Tavern is also a nice MK option, and Much better than Tony if you ask me.

Liberty Tree Tavern is also a nice MK option, and Much better than Tony if you ask me.

I agree with Liberty Tree Tavern but it will be closed for refurbishment while we are there. It doesn't open back up until November I believe. That was actually our first choice until we saw it was going to be closed. BOG was our second but with free dining and such we didn't get a reservation there. We aren't big fans of Crystal Palace or the Plaza. CRT was also booked solid.

That is not taking away from Tony's though. We have been to all of the eateries in the MK and would rank Tony's 3rd behind LTT and BOG.

Agree with some of the others that Biergarten timing may be pushing it if your flight doesn't get in on time. I'd suggest playing it by ear once you land vice having something lined up that you may miss. Maybe something at DTD with the boat from POFQ could be an option.

Looks like your wife is requesting Tony's so I won't pan it too much ; ) but I'd go for The Plaza over it any day of the week.

On your MGM day, we like both SciFi and 50's but I may consider heading over to the boardwalk and checking out some of the restaurants there vice staying in the park. It's a quick boat ride and Flying Fish, Beaches and Cream, and the Swan/Dolphin restaurants are all great.

I'm not a character meal fan in general (and Akershus is at the bottom of my list) so 2 in one day may be too much.

With F&W going on I'd skip lunch and just eat around the world. It's an amazing experience.

Agree with some of the others that Biergarten timing may be pushing it if your flight doesn't get in on time. I'd suggest playing it by ear once you land vice having something lined up that you may miss. Maybe something at DTD with the boat from POFQ could be an option.

Looks like your wife is requesting Tony's so I won't pan it too much ; ) but I'd go for The Plaza over it any day of the week.

On your MGM day, we like both SciFi and 50's but I may consider heading over to the boardwalk and checking out some of the restaurants there vice staying in the park. It's a quick boat ride and Flying Fish, Beaches and Cream, and the Swan/Dolphin restaurants are all great.

I'm not a character meal fan in general (and Akershus is at the bottom of my list) so 2 in one day may be too much.

With F&W going on I'd skip lunch and just eat around the world. It's an amazing experience.

I completely understand about the Biergarten timing. My DW and I have discussed it and we have decided to push the time back to 3 pm. She was just worried that we wouldn't want be all that hungry for the California Grill at 9 pm. I assured her that we would be since we will be walking (and more than likely fit in our fitness run around POR & POFQ on the walking/running trail).

Tony's is her choice but again only because LTT isn't going to be open. We kinda like Tony's and weren't too impressed the last two times we have been to the Plaza.

The Sci-Fi is my FIL's choice. He likes old "B-rated" movies and even though they are just snippets of those types of movies he requested it. 50's is my MIL favorite place to eat at HS/MGM/New name pending. We had actually discussed Beaches & Cream but in the end this is more of a trip for their anniversary since my DW and I go to WDW every year.

Akershus was my sister-in-laws pick. She is a fan of the princesses (she also picked CRT for our departure day breakfast). Garden Grill is on our list because we have never eaten there and I'm trying to get the notorious "Golden Spoon". :)

We have done the F&W festival the last 3 (going on 4) years. Once the food kiosks/booths list comes out we may drop Spice Road Table and we may not. My MIL is an adventurous eater and since we didn't fit Marrakesh in this trip she picked Spice Road for the lighter meal.

We do really appreciate all of the suggestions and comments from everyone. We will look into all of them. Still looking at The Boathouse for our departure day lunch but that is not set in stone. :)

QUOTE="ArmyVet80, post: 53989220, member: 442462"]We are on the DlxDP (always our choice) and staying at POFQ. These are our ADR's for our Sept. 19 thru Sept. 26th trip in 75 days. We arrive at MCO from Indianapolis at 11:45 am on 19 Sept. We are celebrating two (2) wedding anniversaries on our trip. My in-laws 35th and my DW and I's 6th. I have those dinners labeled as so. We know this is a lot of sit down

Lunch: Biergarten @ 2:15 pm
Dinner: California Grill @ 9 pm *MIL & FIL's 35th wedding anniversary*

Lunch: Sanaa @ 11:30 am
Dinner: Tony's Town Square @ 5:05 pm

Lunch: Via Napoli @ 11:30 am
Dinner: Rose & Crown Dining Room @ 7:00 pm

Lunch: BOG @ 11:00 am
Dinner: Hoop Dee Do Revue @ 8:30 pm (Category 1 seating)

Lunch: Sci-Fi @ 11:00 am
Dinner: 50's Prime Time @ 5:00 pm

Sat. 26 Sept: Departure day with no specific plans Flight leaves at 5:45 pm)
Lunch: Open (2 meals per person left)[ QUOTE]

I agree with most people about Lunch at Biergarten. Biergarten has really good food and will likely fill you up, so I'd actually move Biergarten to thursday dinner, and skip Garden Grill. Then for lunch at Epcot, I would pick either Les Chefs de France or San Angel Inn, because they are less filling and much closer to the Epcot entrance. Also Les Chefs for lunch is not hard to just walk in without an ADR just in case. Biergarten is not a restaurant where you can easily do that at all. Also I don't recommend Tony's. Do either Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern instead. On Wednesday if I were you I would switch the two restaurants and do lunch at 50's prime time cafe, and dinner at sci-fi. On Thursday as I said before do dinner at Biergarten, you will not regret it, I promise. I don't recommend Spice Road Table. It's really not a very good restaurant. Do Marrakesh which is really good or a CS at Tangierine Cafe. On a Saturday Lunch, do either Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree Tavern whichever one you didn't do before on the day I recommended instead of Tony's.

Everything else looks good, but just a tip rather than 9pm if you can still get the ADR try to get a pre-park opening breakfast at Akershus and CRT around 8:15am or so.

Also note that at Hoop-Dee-Doo the shows are almost 2 hours, so if you see the 8.30pm you probably won't be out until 10.30pm. Just making sure you are aware.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter