"Your Lime Green Chariot Awaits!" ~ a WDW Family Vacation ~July 2011 TR~Apology 12/11

"Your Lime Green Chariot Awaits!" ~ a WDW Family Vacation ~ July 2011 TR
July 25th, 2011 ~ Chapter 8 ~ "Oh...we're not 21..."

Hello, everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed their labor day weekends! A big frownie face to those of you back at school and work...for me, that's tomorrow. Goodbye Summer- it's been a great one!!! :-) I figured I'd get one more update in before school starts.

Back at the Boardwalk that day, Ana and I went back down to the pool. We rode the clown slide for the first time that trip! I got a nice nasal cleaning from all the water up my nose... -.- My mom loves reminding me that when I was little, I'd go down it holding my nose with my eyes squeezed shut. LOL. Little me was so smart!!! :idea:

On the way out of the pool, we stopped at the bar to get some smoothies. HOWEVER. We failed to specify "virgin" drinks. So I was like "yeah, I'll have an Orange Freeze" and Ana was like "a Pina Colada." And the bartender had the most puzzled look on his face and then said- "Can I see your IDs?" :lmao: "Oh, oh! We're not 21....we meant virgin." "Oh..good." HAHAHAHA. I think we thought it was obvious that we were 16.

So then while we're waiting for the drinks, the guy at the bar leaned over to Ana and asked- "He carded you, right?" And Ana explained. What a good guy concerned about him serving to minors.

Not that I'd be one to drink alcohol underage ANYWAYS, but in DISNEY??? Come on now.

Then after that embarrassing situation, Ana and I had to fill out the bill. Sweet lord. Do we leave a tip? He already charged it though, so how would that even work? Yeah. So, we didn't. Fail of our lives. The smoothies were good though! Hehehe.

Today is Ana and I's solo adventure. We even left the resort by ourselves to go to Epcot. Because we had an reservation for Garden Grill ALL BY OURSELVES. So adult ^.^

We were there early, so we first got some Mission Space Fastpasses for after dinner. There was no line anyways, but we got them because well, we could!

Then we went in that Cool Station or whatever by the fountain and went to try all the sodas. Oh God, Italy is nasty. The rest were okay. There was another I wasn't too fond of, but I didn't write it down, of course.
dscn6168a.jpg

Then we just headed to the land and waited. I interviewed Ana while we waited. I wish I could upload videos to this site! Some of them are classic.

After we were seated, we met our server- Lisa. She was such a sweetheart! She noticed how young we were and asked how old we were. She said it was cool that we were off on our own. She asked where we were from, if we were sisters, etc. She was really nice!

Hidden Mickey. Hehe :-)
dscn6171k.jpg

I liked the family style service. I usually don't like steak, but it was really good! The mashed potatoes were fantastic and OHMYLORD. The Maple Butter- to DIE for. Ana really liked the fish they offered too!
dscn6172.jpg

dscn6176y.jpg

dscn6173.jpg

It was nice to just be Ana and I. We had a nice conversation how a lot of the girls I'm friends with have changed since she left. And how some are doing things I don't exactly approve of, and how they're annoying sometimes, and the self esteem issues. Stuff we wouldn't talk about with my parents around, obviously.

Other than the food being wonderful- it was a character meal!!!

img2030cy.jpg

img2028es.jpg

Pluto came around first! :-) He's so precious.

Then Chip...
img2025lk.jpg

img2027a.jpg

NOMNOMNOM. I eat Ana now.

img2026yv.jpg

Ooh la-la... (;

Then the big cheese himself!
dscn6180x.jpg

I love this picture!

dscn6178.jpg

I look so awkward. Hahaha.

Then lastly, Dale!
dscn6182c.jpg

Awwwwwww :-)

dscn6181o.jpg

Adorbs <3

I must say, Chip and Dale are serious players! They kissed us incessently :-)lovestruc) It's funny to observe how the characters treat you differently at different ages. There was a table of little kids next to us, so you could really notice the difference. Disney is really on top of things!!

Before Lisa brought out Dessert, I had mentioned that I heard the kid's desert is REAAALLLYY good (...wink wink!) (and of course I heard this from ya'll on the Dis :-) , and she said she'd bring some for us in addition. Success!!!

Here's the adult dessert.
dscn6188l.jpg

It was good! We couldn't identify the fruit filling (it was peachy aanndd appley), but the stuff on the top was delicious!

And now, the kid's dessert...
dscn6189t.jpg

10x better, right? Hahaha. It was delicious. And since Ana is lactose intolerant- she couldn't really eat it. So I got two. :upsidedow

REVIEW OF GARDEN GRILL
Server: Lisa
Service: 5/5 We didn't wait long for anything, and Lisa was an angel!!!! :littleangel:
Food: 5/5 It was excellent! The selections were really tasty.
First Visit?: Surprisingly, yes!
Go back?: For sure! It's definitely one of my favorites now! I love how it rotates slowly, it's a nice touch! And the food is good. However, I don't think myyyyy parents would like it much. But I'll go back again with whatever friend I bring!!​

Continued in Next Post!

I have only been at the boardwalk once but that slide looks like so much fun :) I hope to actually stay there someday so I can go down it.

Funny story about the virgin drinks. I'm just barely not 21, My 21st birthday will be on may 8th of this upcoming year. I have forgotten to say that i wanted a virgin version of the drink before and it is so awkward when the bartender just stares at you. I really want to try one of those pina colada's with the rasberry puree in it. They look so good (I have read about people having them).

Cool that you and ana were going to have a character meal all by yourself.

I haven't been on Mission space in a couple of years. I went on it a lot every time i was in disney and eventually i decided i would rather spend my time riding other rides. :(

Nice that you got a nice server. :thumbsup2

Food looks pretty decent :) I haven't been to garden grill in over 10 years (My mom and I just realized that the last time we ate there was thanksgiving 10 years ago). Feels weird that it has been so long. anyway the desserts are what really stand out to me there. I really want that mickey mouse dessert. If only they sold it in sunshine seasons.

All of your character pics are super cute!

Can't wait for more :) popcorn::

Ugh. Goodbye summer. :( So sad. How many days until our next vacation??? :laughing:

The exact same thing happened to me on the waterslide at AKL. :P I never really thought to hold my breath.

Haha that's so funny. An employee asked me for my driver's license at Target when I was 12...uhh...? I still look like a child with my freckles and all. So funny.

Hahaha "He carded you right?" Omg hilarious. How nice of him to be concerned. Whoever tries underage drinking in Disney is a sick person.

Oooh a solo trip! I had lots of those in August haha. Except they were really solo. Haha I think you mean Club Cool. :thumbsup2 That place used to be so awesome when I was little. It would like dumb ice on the entrance, and in July it was the place to BE. I hate the Italy one though, I think everyone does. It's so bitter.

How cute that you girls had a nice solo meal. :) And the Garden Grill is the BEST to begin with. Soo yummy.

Aww ya'al are so cute with the characters! Garden Grill has the best character interaction I swear. YAY for two Mickey Mousses. That's great. :goodvibes

Girls night out is always so much fun! Love all of the pictures and character interaction that you got. Looks like you had a really good time.

The story with the drink was so funny. "Um, he carded you, right?" Good lookin' out man, good lookin' out. :lmao:

My mom and I are going to garden grill for the first time on our trip in 10 days! I have looked everywhere for a review of this restaurant on the boards, but I haven't found one. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your trip report! It looks like you had a blast, so now I'm even more excited!

YAY an update from you and Kristen on the same day :yay: I'm happy.
hahaha such a funny story about the drinks. I would do something like that and fail to specify lol. It sounds like it was quite the process!
Good news.... you CAN upload videos :) but on a different website. Go to photobucket.com and sign up there! (if you feel like it, I mean) Then it's basically the same as imageshack as far as copying and pasting the code! I'd love to see these interviews haha
I'm glad you had a good "girls dinner." Aren't those great?
LOVE the pluto pictures! And the one with you and dale! so cute
yayy I'm glad you liked it! and i LOVE that mickey mousse :love:

I have only been at the boardwalk once but that slide looks like so much fun :) I hope to actually stay there someday so I can go down it.

It's a cute slide. Keister Coaster- LOL. Makes me laugh everytime. And I looove the Boardwalk. I reccommend to everyone- especially if you're in DVC!

Funny story about the virgin drinks. I'm just barely not 21, My 21st birthday will be on may 8th of this upcoming year. I have forgotten to say that i wanted a virgin version of the drink before and it is so awkward when the bartender just stares at you. I really want to try one of those pina colada's with the rasberry puree in it. They look so good (I have read about people having them).

That awkward moment when...haha, I felt SO weird. I soo thought it was obvious we WERENT 21. Ana may pass for 21. But I certainly wouldnt. But I think they're afraid to be insulting iffff you're over 21 and they card you...

Cool that you and ana were going to have a character meal all by yourself.

I haven't been on Mission space in a couple of years. I went on it a lot every time i was in disney and eventually i decided i would rather spend my time riding other rides. :(

To each their own! It's not a total favorite. We only went on once the whole trip. When it came out, me and my dad went on a ton. Fads come and go so fast in Disney sometimes!

Nice that you got a nice server. :thumbsup2

Food looks pretty decent :) I haven't been to garden grill in over 10 years (My mom and I just realized that the last time we ate there was thanksgiving 10 years ago). Feels weird that it has been so long. anyway the desserts are what really stand out to me there. I really want that mickey mouse dessert. If only they sold it in sunshine seasons.

If only! Sunshine Seasons is sooo yummy. And so is Garden Grill. Sometimes not having options is nice. The dessert was GREAT. I want to know how to make both.

All of your character pics are super cute!

thanks!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Can't wait for more :) popcorn::

Ugh. Goodbye summer. :( So sad. How many days until our next vacation??? :laughing:

Well at the end of the month we get two days off on a monday and friday. :thumbsup2

The exact same thing happened to me on the waterslide at AKL. :P I never really thought to hold my breath.

LOL. Glad it's not just me.

Haha that's so funny. An employee asked me for my driver's license at Target when I was 12...uhh...? I still look like a child with my freckles and all. So funny.

....at Target? For what? :confused3 And haha, they're cute :flower3:

Hahaha "He carded you right?" Omg hilarious. How nice of him to be concerned. Whoever tries underage drinking in Disney is a sick person.

Completely agreed. They should never be allowed back.

Oooh a solo trip! I had lots of those in August haha. Except they were really solo. Haha I think you mean Club Cool. :thumbsup2 That place used to be so awesome when I was little. It would like dumb ice on the entrance, and in July it was the place to BE. I hate the Italy one though, I think everyone does. It's so bitter.

I know you did hehe. Ahh yes! Club Cool. I was close hahaha. It's cold in there, so it was a nice relief from the heat. And I know! Ana had tried it first and she made this great disgusted face and was like "dont try it, don't try it, UGH." but I did anyways. :upsidedow

How cute that you girls had a nice solo meal. :) And the Garden Grill is the BEST to begin with. Soo yummy.

:yay:

Aww ya'al are so cute with the characters! Garden Grill has the best character interaction I swear. YAY for two Mickey Mousses. That's great. :goodvibes

They really do! It was some of the best I've ever experienced!

Girls night out is always so much fun! Love all of the pictures and character interaction that you got. Looks like you had a really good time.

We did! I need to do more parent-less excursions.

The story with the drink was so funny. "Um, he carded you, right?" Good lookin' out man, good lookin' out. :lmao:

Good man indeed! Haha what a sweetheart. Even he knew we weren't 21. I hope he didn't think we were trying to smuggle alcohol :scared1:

My mom and I are going to garden grill for the first time on our trip in 10 days! I have looked everywhere for a review of this restaurant on the boards, but I haven't found one. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your trip report! It looks like you had a blast, so now I'm even more excited!

Yay! Glad you stumbled :woohoo: And really? Weird. Well it's fantastic! It's a really nice meal too, I like the ambiance tooo (geez who am I? hahaha) Hope you like it!!! :thumbsup2

Ooooo... the BoardWalk, you guys definitely chose a great place to relax before going to EPCOT. :thumbsup2 LOL @ the little debacle with the drinks, I have virgin drinks most of the time so I've had that happen to when ordering at a restaurant, good thing I caught myself. Virgin is a very important word ;) Haha Though, why would we be drinking underage, in Disney nonetheless?!

You mean, Club Cool? I still need to check out that place. I'm hoping to catch myself drinking Beverly (the Italy soda) on video. I've heard it's really bad, but then I've heard very few people actually enjoy it :confused3 I'll probably be the weird one who enjoys it lol

GARDEN GRILL! Love, love, LOVE Garden Grill! And I think I had the exact same waitress when I was there! *gasp* Her name was Lisa, too, and she was AMAZING! Best waitress we had! We were celebrating me graduating middle school and she signed the card I got for the celebration along with the character signatures :goodvibes And the food is delicious! Family style is the best :-) I don't think I ever got the kid dessert when I was there, I really need to try that, though the adult dessert was quite good.

Love your pictures with the characters! I see you met my main man, same spot where he first became my official client :teeth: Haha The photos are adorable btw, so cute :D I'm glad it all ended up being a great meal, definitely one of my favorites too :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Ooooo... the BoardWalk, you guys definitely chose a great place to relax before going to EPCOT. :thumbsup2 LOL @ the little debacle with the drinks, I have virgin drinks most of the time so I've had that happen to when ordering at a restaurant, good thing I caught myself. Virgin is a very important word ;) Haha Though, why would we be drinking underage, in Disney nonetheless?!

Hahahaha "most of the time"...Timmy is there something you'd like to share with the group? :rotfl: And I KNOW! No shameless thing should be done in Disney. Just a fail to anyone who does/tries.

You mean, Club Cool? I still need to check out that place. I'm hoping to catch myself drinking Beverly (the Italy soda) on video. I've heard it's really bad, but then I've heard very few people actually enjoy it :confused3 I'll probably be the weird one who enjoys it lol

HAHAHA. On video would have been good. I question their taste in drinks. But I won't criticize the Italians too much- because they produce some fine looking men. Hello, Via Napoli :lovestruc

GARDEN GRILL! Love, love, LOVE Garden Grill! And I think I had the exact same waitress when I was there! *gasp* Her name was Lisa, too, and she was AMAZING! Best waitress we had! We were celebrating me graduating middle school and she signed the card I got for the celebration along with the character signatures :goodvibes And the food is delicious! Family style is the best :-) I don't think I ever got the kid dessert when I was there, I really need to try that, though the adult dessert was quite good.

Yes, both desserts were GREAT! And haha, well, Lisa is a common name- but maybe! She had very short blonde hair and was probably in her 40s.

Love your pictures with the characters! I see you met my main man, same spot where he first became my official client :teeth: Haha The photos are adorable btw, so cute :D I'm glad it all ended up being a great meal, definitely one of my favorites too :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Thanks Timmy!!!!!! And yes we did <3 Pluto was precious :lovestruc

Yes, both desserts were GREAT! And haha, well, Lisa is a common name- but maybe! She had very short blonde hair and was probably in her 40s.

OH MY GOSH! That was HER! She was also short in height, right? That is exactly how I remember her. It was over a year ago though, but I remember how all our waitresses looked and she definitely had short, blonde hair and was around that age from my perspective. Sing it with me now, "It's a small world, after all, it's a small world, after all, it's a small world, after all..." :rotfl:

OH MY GOSH! That was HER! She was also short in height, right? That is exactly how I remember her. It was over a year ago though, but I remember how all our waitresses looked and she definitely had short, blonde hair and was around that age from my perspective. Sing it with me now, "It's a small world, after all, it's a small world, after all, it's a small world, after all..." :rotfl:

No way! That's so weird! Small World- LOL. So, so true!!!!!

Oh, I totally want to go to Garden Grill sometime. The farmer Mickey clothes just look so cute! I think I just always forget about Garden Grill when making ADRs - so many options at Disney. The food looks good, too.

um, I totally still hold my nose when approaching the end of a water slide. I may look like a total goober, but really, I hate the water up the nose sensation. So works out better for me. ;)

You girls are too cute. Yay, for girl time, that's the best.

"Your Lime Green Chariot Awaits!" ~ a WDW Family Vacation ~ July 2011 TR
Chapter 9 ~ And you’ll find us beneath our sombreros!!!!- in Norway, because... -drumroll- MY FIRST TASTE OF SCHOOL BREAD!

I really hope you all get the song reference there. :-) If not… ):

Oh lord, it's really been 12 days since an update? Time sure flies when you're...stressed? May I complain about my life for a brief moment? I'm sorry. I feel a lot better when I do...besides, some of it is Disney! (though the Disney things aren't stressful...they're just thrown in the middle!)

So this week has been…weird. Other than school stress, I really don’t like boys. Like in Religion, we did this “What makes you happy?” activity, and everyone in my group was like, “my boyfriend/boys” and I was like…no. They make me aggravated. Like this one in particular...my ex-boyfriend who came back, really wanted to get back together, decided he didn’t have the time to commit, blah blah blah. Yeah. And well, we were still speaking, and he told me everyone keeps asking him if we’re going to homecoming. So he asked me if we should. I’d like to go with him and all, but if we don’t, I was very clear with him that I would not be spending time with him. Because he told me “I don’t know if making that statement of going together would be a good idea”. WHOOP DE DOO. Then he sent me a text the next day and said that he really just does not have time to even think about having a girlfriend, and told me just to just go live my life and don’t let him get in the way. Well, okay then. Where did the “I really want to get back together” from a month ago GO??! And then he speaks to his (girl) coworker on facebook and I saw the word “homecoming” and almost had a heart-attack. I couldn’t deduce if she’s going (not together, but she may just be going), but I got this awful feeling that she’ll be there and they will dance and…I thought I was going to throw up.

I texted my friend Katie literally immediately and she was like “don’t make assumptions.” And then I was trying to calm down and tell myself that he wouldn’t do that to me. Because he says he cares and respects me…

SO THAT’S MY LIFE.

But I LOVE my friends. Because they’re incredible. I spent all of yesterday with Jess and Kristen (then our friends Ellen, Maggie and Nat- who you know from Jess’s newest TR!!!) And Kristen is doing a Real Life Update on her TR about how we were Team Disney on the Weiner Run (well we walked…) and watched the Disney episode of Full House and went to the Lion King in 3D <3 That’s the Disney stuff, anyways. It was a great day.

And I’m done complaining about my life. I am very sorry about boring you. I just feel better when I tell people my issues…I just need to talk things out sometimes. Feel no need to care.

ANYWAYS. Back to Disney! (So I can be happy again!)

After our lovely Garden Grill dinner we headed out to Mission Space to use our FPs. We ended up in a great group! We were with a father and daughter from Atlanta and they were so cute. And I think they were with the 4 next to us, because they were all discussing the WWofHP. The one girl thought that the Dementors on the ride were scary. Well, we’ll just have to see!!!!

I just love this ride, I have no idea why. And Gary Sinise makes me happy. (And we’re both ISTJ personalities- who knew?) After our mission to Mars we sprinted to the bathroom. We realized halfway through the line we both had to pee like a racehorse. We were praying the environment of the ride wouldn’t make us pee our pants :rotfl:

You know that weird random walkway that connects that empty building with the bathrooms to the bridge right before Mexico? (best I can describe it) Well, I don’t think I’ve ever even used it before, and we run into my parents on it. Hello there? My mom was like an I kid you not- “I don’t think we’ve even used this bridge before, of course we run into you on it!

So she took a picture.
img0228af.jpg

And we were on our way to Mexico!

We passed this sign on the way…
dscn6202.jpg

It just sounds so urgent. Makes me LOL.

Now time for….THE THREE CABALLEROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

I took video of pretty much the whole thing. Figures.

But what’s with this weird raft? I was perplexed.
dscn6194w.jpg

La la la, I’m in my happy place! Spanish :lovestruc

Fiesta hoy!
img2036ar.jpg

I party all day er’yday! (Not really.)

This ride seriously makes me happy. I have no life, in case you all haven’t noticed.

Aww, it’s over :(
img2047wr.jpg

Oh, but the Spanish is not over yet! Look what I fooooundddd! :cheer2:
dscn6191v.jpg

I should have bought it. Why didn’t I?

Donald Duck! In piñata form. Isn’t he beaten on enough? Poor guy.
dscn6190q.jpg

After we were outside the Mexico Pavilion, we went to the little gift-stand next to the quick service in Mexico. We of course had to play with all the merchandise!

dscn6199bh.jpg

How cuuuute :cutie:

dscn6200k.jpg

Spanish <3 <3 <3

A lady working offered to take a picture of us together, how nice!!!!!
dscn6201zm.jpg

I just love cast members like that! It really just enhances the experience of Disney, when they go that little extra mile, even if it’s something so small.

And now, drumroll pleaaaase… -drumrolls-

WE’RE OFF TO NORWAY!!!!!! :dance3:

And you all know what that means…………

dscn6204q.jpg

SCHOOL BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two stories (one in Disney, one not)

One: My friend Katie and I attempted making School bread last weekend and it…turned out well? :confused3 Yeah, we were too. We had to divide the recipe like, 9 times, or else we’d end up with 18 at least, that potentially don’t taste good. But they were actually edible!

Here’s what school bread really looks like…
dscn6204q.jpg

And here’s what ours looked like…
dscn6669.jpg

Not too bad, huh!?

It made a huge mess in my kitchen, but was definitely worth it!

Two: When we were in Kringla Bakery, we were in line, do do do doooo, not paying attention, and Ana goes, “I’m going to ask the cashier how to say ‘hi’ in Norwegian.” Go for it, hun. So we’re next in line, and we SEE the cashier.

-pauses for dramatic effect-

His name was Jonas, and he was….

GORGEOUS.

Of course I don’t have a picture, but this man was seriously God-like. Needless to say, Ana did not ask how to say ‘hi’. Afterwards we discussed and she was like “I just couldn’t do it, I knew Allie would be right there giggling and I just couldn’t build up the snuff…no.” Poor Ana :( But really, this man was heavenly.

Um, Frump.
dscn6205z.jpg

And I don’t have a problem with this!

Again, needless to say, I loved School Bread. I could see why Kristen was obsessed the second I tasted it. YUMMMM!

Up next, the rest of our World Showcase Shenanigans!

Continued in Next Post!

Oh, I totally want to go to Garden Grill sometime. The farmer Mickey clothes just look so cute! I think I just always forget about Garden Grill when making ADRs - so many options at Disney. The food looks good, too.

It is delicious! And oh I know! The outfit is so precious :)

um, I totally still hold my nose when approaching the end of a water slide. I may look like a total goober, but really, I hate the water up the nose sensation. So works out better for me. ;)

Oh my goodness, I hate it tooo. It's just :eek: Yeah. Hehehe. It's okay, we can look like goobers together :thumbsup2

You girls are too cute. Yay, for girl time, that's the best.

Agreed! Thanks :-)

joining in.

Thanks!!! PS- I love the name of your latest TR...I'll be joining in! "Need Disney Therapy?" LOL. :lovestruc

YAY YAY YAYYY an update!!! :thumbsup2

I'm sorry you're stressed. So am I. This week is gonna kill me. Ugh.

I am SO sorry princess. :( That's awful. UGH boys are soooo stupid. :headache:

I love you too frump! :hug: Hehe and yes I do care. It's okay because you always have us...and Disney. So yay. :cool1:

They WERE scary...but I'll wait till you get to that part of the TR haha.

RACEHORSE PEEING. That's me. HAHAHA.

Hahaha your happy place...the Mexican It's a Small World. Love it.

YOU NEED THAT SHIRT. Next time!

Cast members are beautiful people.

SCHOOL BREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: I am probably the most obsessed person in the world with that stuff. I love it. YUM.

You should make it again...and gift wrap it especially to ME. Haha.

JONAS. :love: He makes school bread...my kind of man.

I love school bread. Did I mention that? Yay.

No worries about ranting here. It happens to the best of us. And I agree......boys are stupid. :rotfl:

I love the Gran Fiesta Tour! The Three Cabellero's was my FAVORITE movie ever when I was a kid. Maybe it's because I love a certain duck.....

There are always cute boys in Norway!

School bread.....makes me happy just thinking about it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter