1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

your kids fave places to dine that are NOT character meals

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by chrismartinique, Aug 24, 2013.

1. kim_d

kim_d DIS Veteran

I forgot Coral Reef that's another favorite. My DS really likes their lobster bisque.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

Non character restaurants that my kids like to eat at

- Sci-Fi Dine In
    - Whispering Canyon Cafe
    - Teppan Edo
    - Narcoossee's
    - 50's Prime Time Cafe
    - California Grill (hopefully they will still like this after the refurb)
    - Fulton's Crabhouse

4. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

Teppan Edo (they have requested every trip since the first time we went there)
    Whispering Canyon
    Coral Reef
    Boma
    50's Prime Time
    Big River Grille (DS 10 says they have the best salad ever, lol)

5. calngavinsmom

calngavinsmom DIS Veteran

Hi there! My kids are now 11 and 9 and we have been going yearly since they were babies. Over the years their favourites have been Biergarten (for the dancing), Coral Reef (they love the sea turtle), Via Napoli for the pizza, TRex for the coolness (I liked the food there too), O'Hanna for the games they play with the kids and they like the big BBQ pit, Raglan Road for the Irish dancers, and Wolfgang Puck express just 'cuz :goodvibes

Although, they really haven't had any complaints at the Disney restaurants we have eaten at...they are all really kid friendly.

Have fun :yay:

6. Aunt Bee

Aunt Bee Mouseketeer

Our grandkids love O'Hana, Via Napoli, Biergarten (although I don't know why because, to me, the food is awful), and 50's Prime Time. We always make them go to the Hoop-de-Doo and they complain, but they have fun once they get there. :) By far, their favorite is O'Hana. The grownups like it, too. Go early, get a drink in the bar, and enjoy the evening with your 'cousins'. :)

7. DJFan88

DJFan88 DIS Veteran

Hands down, ESPN club. 2 boys, sports family, need I say more?

And for some strange reason, my oldest likes the captain's grill, something about the grilled chicken sandwich and the dessert.

POR food court earns high marks, as well, for the cinnamon roll. (but I guess you could get that just about anywhere.)

Oh, they love Casey's too with the cartoons and of course, hot dogs. and baseball theme. Yup, if it's got a baseball theme, it's gotta be alright.

8. chrismartinique

chrismartinique Mouseketeer

thanks everyone... some good ones I never thought of.

9. SqueakyMouse

SqueakyMouse DIS Veteran

My 3 kids (now 21, 13, and 10) have always enjoyed eating good food. Every visit, my oldest son requests a Boma dinner, our middle child asks for O'hana (dinner), and our daughter loves the California Grill. They also like Boma for breakfast, Le Cellier, Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch, Kona for any meal, Whispering Canyon for lunch, Beaches and Cream, Marrakesh, Wolfgang Puck Express, Crystal Palace for brunch, and Raglan Road. while they have fun at 50's, Sci Fi, etc., they don't enjoy the food as much.

10. tinkerhon

tinkerhon DIS Veteran

We are doubling up on "Ohana" dinner this trip- DD7 could live there !!!

11. shaycamp21

shaycamp21 DIS Veteran

Non character meals my dd's (who are 15 and 13--almost 14 she would insist on me mentioning:rotfl:) enjoyed:
    CS: Wolfgang Puck Express
    TS (1 credit) Ohana, Cape May and Kona Café
    (2 credit) Flying Fish--though they also loved LeCellier (though it was 1 credit when we last went):goodvibes

12. cobright

cobright DIS Veteran

My son loved T-Rex and he and my daughter loved California Grill. They are both on our 'must do' list. I'm happy about returning to one of them.

13. Dalamara

Dalamara Mouseketeer

My niece's favorites are Biergarten, and T-Rex... She's 4, and both places received the high praise of: "Auntie Becky, this is the best place I ever eated!" Lol... She also ADORED Be Our Guest, but that may have been because Auntie was SO happy to be there that I sobbed the whole meal... She then told the Beast, "My Auntie... Her love you, SO much!"

14. MadAlice

MadAlice Earning My Ears

My favourite was the rainforest cafe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D SO COOL!!!!!!!!!

15. DreamerWDW

DreamerWDW A dream is a wish your heart makes...

My teenage kids love Sci-Fi, Beaches & Cream, Biergarten, Tony's and Boma.

16. MinnieLovesMickey12

MinnieLovesMickey12 DIS Veteran

Our kids are all teens so the boys like any place that has a good Steak. We all liked T-Rex and Rainforest at DTD.

17. Cinderella909

Cinderella909 DIS Veteran

She must have the bestest auntie ever! Too cute!

Thanks for sharing, Karen:cool1:

18. stef12280

stef12280 Earning My Ears

My kids 8 and 9 love BOMA and Coral Reef. They asked if we could eat at both those places again when we go in 4 weeks. So excited !!!!

19. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

1) Via Napoli. Love everything about it!
    2) Chefs de France. Great food and great interaction with waitstaff

20. bangzoom6877

bangzoom6877 DIS Veteran

Chefs de France, Biergarten, Yachtsman (DS8's favorite food is steak), Plaza (the chef was the best there for our food allergic son), Kona Cafe, San Angel Inn (they love that you could see the boat ride we were just riding!), 50s Prime Time.

The restaurants I listed aren't in any particular order, just what came to mind because my kids asked to go back to all those restaurants on our next trip.

21. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

I just asked my kids and they said "aloha". LOL I said, you mean "ohana". Yeah that! But really to be honest they only had two non-character meals. The other was Teppan Edo.