your guess for date of first gfv resale?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by MIALIAS, Jun 10, 2013.

1. MIALIAS

MIALIAS Mouseketeer

When do you think a gfv will show up for resale?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

Likely between one and one and a half years but you never know.

4. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

6-9 months. This is the ultimate impulse buy. The combination of beautiful rooms and high costs is a perfect recipe for buyer's remorse.

5. lisa3635

lisa3635 Mouseketeer

I think it took about 9 months for BLT to show up on the resale market.

6. Breyean

Breyean DVC Since '93

Next Jan - Mar after the dues statements come out and people panic between their loan payments and the dues.

7. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

I agree...I say January.

8. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I'd expect one in less than a month. Of course it will be a stripped contract.

9. a742246

a742246 And, and, and I caught a fish this big!

I figure by Jan 1 Disney will be charging 170 a point and resales will begin by Mar 1 at 145 a point.

10. dmunsil

dmunsil Disney Uber-Nerd

FWIW, I just checked the recorded deeds and the very first BLT deeds are dated October 1, 2008, and the very first recorded third-party sale is 5 months later, on March 8th. The sale was for 160 points at $93 per point. The seller had bought it on January 22nd, for $112 per point.

There are actually two deeds that were recorded before that first sale that were transferred back to Disney. They look kind of like a ROFR, but in both cases Disney appears to have taken back a contract they sold a few months before, for exactly the same price as it was sold for. I wonder if it was some kind of "buyer's remorse" thing?

11. wdrl

wdrl DIS Veteran

Whenever DVD reacquires a deed for reasons other than foreclosure, it files and records a new warranty deed to show the transfer of ownership. Most warranty deeds involve ROFR activity on third party resales, but occasionally I've seen warranty deeds in situations where DVD appears to take back the original deed and issues a new deed. In comparing the old deed to the new deed, I noticed changes in the deed title (adding or removing a purchaser's name) or a different Use Year.

Its also possible that some of these buybacks involve deeds in which the purchaser exercised their right to rescind the timeshare purchase within 10 days, but that the deed had already been filed and recorded.

12. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

The "sales price" might have been $112 per point, but there were surely incentives at that point, right?

13. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

Yes. For contracts of that size they immediately had discounts of some sort on them as I recall.

14. bigtony777

bigtony777 Disney Veteran

Add one more that agrees with this statement.

15. Sur

Sur Love the Dis

just kill me if it matches my contract, stripped of points! i could live without a few years points for the right price and size contract! Unlikely though.

16. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

Can't say about the 1st resale contract but I have already seen a couple of rentals available for VGF.

17. havertown

havertown Mouseketeer DVC Gold

What were the rates?

18. DizBub

DizBub Totally Addicted

3 nights in the 1st week if Dec. Lake view, $800. Comes out to roughly $11.76 per point.

19. havertown

That's a steal

20. MoreTravels

MoreTravels Mouseketeer

Ok, I plan to buy 200 points, rent this winter to pay for annual fee / closing costs, enjoy next winter, strip all points in 2015, then resell it back at $145 / pt. By then, a direct sale will be $180 / pt so $145 is very sellable.

So it's like you get to enjoy the vacation for free!

21. havertown

You're forgetting about the 10% broker commission you'll have to pay when you sell