Your Guess? 7A GTY on Dream in late August, likehood cabin?

baleeve

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I
Hi all,

I booked a 7A GTY on the Dream the last week of August.

I know I won't get a cabin assignment until July but I'm curious to ask you all what is the most likely category I MAY get. I know there are only a small number of 7A cabins so I was just curious if they will upgrade me so they can book more 7A GTY closer to cruise time or I can expect a true 7A.

Just your guesstamations...I don't expect anything solid. Just a good old fashioned opinion. :rolleyes2

Hi all,

I know I won't get a cabin assignment until July but I'm curious to ask you all what is the most likely category I MAY get. I know there are only a small number of 7A cabins so I was just curious if they will upgrade me so they can book more 7A GTY closer to cruise time or I can expect a true 7A.

Just your guesstamations...I don't expect anything solid. Just a good old fashioned opinion. :rolleyes2

Please don't get a GTY room thinking you are going to get an upgrade.

Just expect the 7A.

Then if you pixiedust you can get excited. If you didn't an upgrade, are you going to be upset? With your thread... I think so. Pixiedust is when something happen to surprise you, not when are expecting it to happen. You could be in for a let down.

My answer, you are for sure getting a 7A!!!! Happy cruising.

just a little advice.

Hi all,

The trend lately for room assignments has been around 50 days out so maybe by mid July you will receive your assignment. As the PP said, do not book a GTY expecting to be upgraded. I booked (and wanted) a 9A and that is exactly what I got. I think there are a total of ten 9As on the entire ship and that is what I got. It is possible to be upgraded but do not book something that you will not be happy with because most likely, that is what you will get. Have a great cruise. :goodvibes

Just expect the 7A.

Then if you pixiedust you can get excited. If you didn't an upgrade, are you going to be upset? With your thread... I think so. Pixiedust is when something happen to surprise you, not when are expecting it to happen. You could be in for a let down.

My answer, you are for sure getting a 7A!!!! Happy cruising.

just a little advice.

Let me quickly clarify so I don't get flamed about an upgrade, OUCH -

I booked a 7A GTY because it was the least expensive verandah I could afford AND because I'm the only adult (with 2 kiddos) so I know I will be happy with the small verandah. :thumbsup2 We have a magical porthole on the first leg of our B2B because the kiddos wanted that. On the second leg of the B2B I was lucky enough to get a 7A gty for the same price I paid for the 11C gty on the 4 night so it was a no brainer. I would never expect an upgrade. :blush: And I'm the type who is too embarrased to ask for one. (Be gentle) :bitelip:

I wasn't asking about an upgrade per say, sorry if I gave that impression. My question should read:

Given that there are only a few 7A cabins - how often do they overbook categories with a small number of qualified cabins?

Of course the only time I expect anything is when I am paying for it so I will be happy with a 7A but believe me...I'm just tickled to be on ship!! :woohoo:

P.S. the below quote still irks me though!!!!

Just expect the 7A.

I booked a 7A GTY because it was the least expensive verandah I could afford AND because I'm the only adult (with 2 kiddos) so I know I will be happy with the small verandah. :thumbsup2 We have a magical porthole on the first leg of our B2B because the kiddos wanted that. On the second leg of the B2B I was lucky enough to get a 7A gty for the same price I paid for the 11C gty on the 4 night so it was a no brainer. I would never expect an upgrade. :blush: And I'm the type who is too embarrased to ask for one. (Be gentle) :bitelip:

I wasn't asking about an upgrade per say, sorry if I gave that impression. My question should read:

Given that there are only a few 7A cabins - how often do they overbook categories with a small number of qualified cabins?

Of course the only time I expect anything is when I am paying for it so I will be happy with a 7A but believe me...I'm just tickled to be on ship!! :woohoo:

I do understand your questions. To answer your question, they do have pixiedust on occasion with no rhyme or reason. I just see so many folks get wrapped around the issue of pixiedust that they lose the idea that they have a verandah and are getting on the ship.

I don't want you to wonder for more than a year..... IF! What are my chances? Has it ever happened to you?

I am woohoo with you!!!

Sorry, I know you aren't expecting an upgrade and I apologize if I came off that way. :flower3: I think there are a total of maybe 10 cat 9As on the ship and that is what we booked because we decided not to spring for the verandah because we want to parasail on CC and the cost was exactly the same. I knew we would be happy with the 9A because we have sailed in an OV before and loved it, so I had no qualms about booking it. Almost everybody that has posted lately about their GTY assignments were given an upgrade however, we were given exactly what we booked. Would I have taken a verandah? Heck yea, but we are super happy with our assignment even though it's an accessible room and we don't require one and I feel bad about having it, but DCL will not move us without paying more. We were assured that if a person needs our room that they will move us, so that made me feel alot better. Sorry, I'm rambling....I have no idea if you will be upgraded or not. We weren't but others were. Either way, I don't think there is a "bad" room on the ship. ;)

I do think DCL overbooked cat 7A with the "Fall Perks" promotion they started running months ago -- particularly for the late August and 9/1 sailings -- but that's just my opinion. I booked the 9/1 4-night on the Dream in early January a few days into the promotion. When I had started to book a couple of days earlier, there were still a few specific rooms available to book. By the time I booked, they were in GTY status. The promotion continued for many weeks after that. It looked like DCL was using the low rate to try to get as many people booked as possible. I booked a 7A and will be happy with most of the 7A rooms. There are a few that I would not be so thrilled with, and if we get one of those we'll try to upgrade at port. If we're not able to do that, so be it. We will definitely be happy just to be on the ship!

There are a couple of threads that people are posting what they booked and what they got. There is no rhyme or reason. We booked two cabins. One 11B did not get upgraded, one 5D that did to a 5A.

Here is a link to the thread I started because I wanted to "anticipate" the same way.

http://www.m.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056486

There is another one that i can't find. It's the GTY discussion thread, if anyone else know where is is please post.

We also booked a GTY 7a, like youself figured there is only a few 7a rooms. Approx 26 rooms and they are already taken. I figured we would only get a 7a room if someone else canceled or upgraded. I felt our odds were pretty good to get an upgrade and we did. We received a 5c room and are thrilled.
I also would have been happy with the 7a!!, sail in June

Good luck!!

Hi all,

I understand exactly what you're asking :)

I do think DCL overbooked cat 7A with the "Fall Perks" promotion they started running months ago -- particularly for the late August and 9/1 sailings -- but that's just my opinion. I booked the 9/1 4-night on the Dream in early January a few days into the promotion. When I had started to book a couple of days earlier, there were still a few specific rooms available to book. By the time I booked, they were in GTY status. The promotion continued for many weeks after that. It looked like DCL was using the low rate to try to get as many people booked as possible. I booked a 7A and will be happy with most of the 7A rooms. There are a few that I would not be so thrilled with, and if we get one of those we'll try to upgrade at port. If we're not able to do that, so be it. We will definitely be happy just to be on the ship!
I also booked a cruise (girls cruise :yay:) for the 9/1 sailing on the Dream under the 7A promo. :cool1:

We also booked a GTY 7a, like youself figured there is only a few 7a rooms. Approx 26 rooms and they are already taken. I figured we would only get a 7a room if someone else canceled or upgraded. I felt our odds were pretty good to get an upgrade and we did. We received a 5c room and are thrilled.

Good luck!!

Awesome upgrade :) Congrats and have a great time!

I'm in agreement with Lisa Lisa - clearly they were looking to fill the ship since it's a slower month and it would appear they definitely sold more 7A bookings than the allotted 7A cabins. Based on that - clearly several will get bumped from the 7A - but who knows. It's always a gamble and myself and my two friends knew this going in. Always be pleased if this is what you get and then feel pixie dusted if it's more than this! I thought it was very interesting when I booked directly with DCL over the phone, the cast member said it was "very likely" we would be upgraded as that was their point to this promo. I don't say this to get anyones hopes up and nor do I believe every thing the cm's say, but it was an interesting conversation. If we get deck 5 with the teeny tiny verandahs we will also try and upgrade at the port, but if not and it's too much - we simply aren't going to worry about it. We got a fantastic rate with an extra $100 OBB and it's my two friends, first DCL cruise so they will be spoiled!

Please post back or post in the GTY cabin thread to let us know what you received!

Heather

Good luck!!

Wow that is a great upgrade.

I booked the 7A because it was the same price as the 11C (actually it was LESS than the 11C on this cruise) It was the same price I paid for the 11C of first leg of the B2B. I'm happy with 7A because I am just happy to have a verandah. But I won't turn away an upgrade either. :woohoo:

Can you believe it?
I must have caught it just right. :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2: :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I checked DCL's site this morning, and they're offering the special prices again for the Dream 9/1 sailing among others: $499/person for lowest cat inside, $549/person for lowest cat ocean view, and $599/person for 7A. I didn't see any mention of a promotion/OBC, though. I didn't check the other two categories, but 7A is only being offered GTY. I'd love to know how many people have booked 7A rooms!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I saw the discounted cruise fare again for the 8/29 cruise. $499 pp.

I'm curious because on the first leg of our B2B my reservation we are linked with a 5E reservation. For that cruise I got a 11c GTY. I'm hoping to get an 11A on deck 9 which will get me closer to our friends. I confess that with this reservation I didn't exactly book what I would be happy with. My boys wanted the magical porthole so category 11 is fine but I don't want to get stuck on deck 2 where all the 11C cabins are. But to go from 11C to 11 B or A was $200 - $250 more!! :scared1: So fingers crossed for a little pixie dust.

On our 7a GTY I am not worried in the least! :thumbsup2

We are also in a cat. 7A for the 4-night Dream sailing leaving 9/1. I booked the very first thing in the morning the first day the promotion was announced in January and had a variety of cabin choices within the 7a category. We choose 9512 (we just stayed in 9508 in March, so we know we love this location on the ship!).

We are also in a cat. 7A for the 4-night Dream sailing leaving 9/1. I booked the very first thing in the morning the first day the promotion was announced in January and had a variety of cabin choices within the 7a category. We choose 9512 (we just stayed in 9508 in March, so we know we love this location on the ship!).

I wish I had booked right away, or at least done a 3-day hold the day the promotion started. I would rather have one of the nicely located 7As -- like yours -- then have to wait months to get a room assigned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter