Your favorite new Disney Springs restaurant?

We would like to try some new places this trip, and there isn't much that we haven't tried, with the exception of all of the new places at Disney Springs. I used to not like eating anywhere on property that wasn't a Disney owned/run restaurant, but now I'm thinking they might be a good change of pace.

Thanks!

VP
We prefer the non-Disney run Signatures, particularly at Swan & Dolphin, and Four Seasons too.

However, we also were pleasantly surprised at the 'new' Disney Springs and the food offerings. We tried Rick Bayless' Frontera Grill and enjoyed our selections the week after it opened.

Our next trip will likely include comparing fried chicken and pulled pork between Art Smith's to Polite Pig (not yet open). I may sneak in a D-Luxe burger because there is no burger at Disney I enjoy (I like Five Guys / In-n-Out). Oddly enough, we've not been to The Boathouse, maybe because we enjoy Swan & Dolphin Signatures.

A 'problem' we have with Disney Springs - we enjoy the sinful treats. Before the recent expansion, we enjoyed Ghirardelli's specially formulated chocolate ice creams topped with marvelously fresh whipped cream....then Vivoli il Gelato opened and this is my new favorite....then we tried the Genachery too - take this from an aficionado, these chocolate are excellent.....and we were not disappointed with the cupcakes from Sprinkles or the other end of the pastry spectrum at Amorette's Pastisserie.

We always have Earl of Sandwich, but this year we have ADR's at Raglan Road and the Boathouse. I also intend to try Blaze pizza and if I can fit any more food in, a burger from DLuxe. My mouth is watering now.............

I love Chef Art Smith's Homecoming & D-Luxe Burger.

We have eaten at Morimoto Asia, which was very good.

We also ate at Frontera, which was just ok I thought, but my sister loved it. I do love the ability to get an Avocado margarita without heading over to Epcot.

No mention of Portobello in any of these reviews -- has anyone had their pasta?

I'd try Blaze pizza, but we have one next to my Target (which I'm at on a very regular basis) so it feels not vacation-y enough to me. And yes, the desserts...it looks like they have a whole new world of desserts available there now!

At Disney Springs my favorite still remains to be Raglan Road; good food, good service and a fun atmosphere... I also enjoyed the Boat House; I wouldn't call it great, but it was pretty good. I did try Morimoto this past June and found it to be a colossal fail. We had horrible service. We were seated and waited for 15 minutes to finally have a server take our drink order. We had the server drop a plate on someone in our party and the only thing said was OOPPS. We had an incorrect dish brought to the table and the server insisted on arguing that he was correct. With all that said, do you think we would have had a manager visit our table? NO... We were not looking to be comped or anything, but geez, come on a plate of food spilled on someone? A manager should have been there immediately. Highly doubt I will be back.

Frontera Cocina! I had the chicken tacos and they were super good. Their guacamole was amazing.

....then we tried the Genachery too - take this from an aficionado, these chocolate are excellent.....

The chocolates at Ganachery are excellent. I think they are as good as La Maison du Chocolat in Paris and Cacao Sampaka in Barcelona. I am so looking forward to getting more later this month:)

Do you need an ADR for the deck bar seating?

Nope. We walked right in. OF course it is always POSSIBLE the bars will be full--but all 3 times we've done it no problem and been seated immediately. And ordered from the full menu...
We ate around 5 or so BTW.

They have a bar right inside the entrance, one outside by the lake, and one farther back in the restaurant. That last one opens later than the other 2 based on how busy the place is.

It was slow and very loud, but we had great food and great service at Raglan Road

Loved Homecoming!

Went there this past Thursday and had Fried Green Tomatoes and the Shrimp & Grits both were excellent. DH had the chicken dumpling soup and the fried chicken, he enjoyed both as well. Were way to full to try dessert.

Our server was fantastic!

He tried Frontera Cocina for the first time in October, and it was fantastic! The food is very authentic Mexican, and was delicious! We also love Boathouse and STK. STK was expensive, but one of the best filets I've ever had in my life!!

My personal opinion is that Splitsville and Paradisio 37 are both severely under-rated. We never miss Splitsville, the sushi is great, the adult drinks are great, and there is always something that each one of us will eat, no matter what they are in the mood for.

We had a great experience at P37 eating dinner on the deck at sunset. Once again, great drinks and great food, in a much more grown up atmosphere than most of the WDW restaurants in a completely un-stuffy or pretentious way.

I think the best thing I can say about DS's new eateries is that there is a lot of choices. We were just there for a week in late September and we didn't even eat at the boathouse but did enjoy drinks at the dockside bar so much that we have a ADR for early May. We did eat at Blaze and it is one place that I think was badly needed. Cheap, good food. My wife and I each got a pizza but didn't need too. Quick, fast and good deal for what you get. It and Earl are both that way. We also got the Poutine (tried the regular and the mushroom) and loved them both. They worked great as a midday snack as we had breakfast and a signature late that evening. We look forward to hitting Homecoming, STK and others on future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter