Your Fav Thing To Do When Staying at FW

des1954

DIS Veteran
I know a lot of us on this board are Veteran Dis-Campers! :thumbsup2

So.... share with the rest of us.... what is your favorite thing to do while you're at Ft. Wilderness (not the parks, just the campground).

DH & I love to go "looping"! We drive our cart through all the loops and see what kind of set-up's everyone has. We have made some very, very good friends by just stopping and talking to others.

While we're "looping" I love to stop at Meadow or Trail's End and make a cuppa coffee to take with me. LOVE those Length of Stay Mugs!! (we actually just bought the 2007 mugs after we've used our good ol' brown FW mugs for about 10 years!!! It was a v-e-r-y long stay! :lmao: )

I know a lot of us on this board are Veteran Dis-Campers! :thumbsup2

So.... share with the rest of us.... what is your favorite thing to do while you're at Ft. Wilderness (not the parks, just the campground).

DH & I love to go "looping"! We drive our cart through all the loops and see what kind of set-up's everyone has. We have made some very, very good friends by just stopping and talking to others.

While we're "looping" I love to stop at Meadow or Trail's End and make a cuppa coffee to take with me. LOVE those Length of Stay Mugs!! (we actually just bought the 2007 mugs after we've used our good ol' brown FW mugs for about 10 years!!! It was a v-e-r-y long stay! :lmao: )

I love to get up early in the AM, jump in the cart and go to the meadows for coffee, newspaper and muffins. The boys call this the "muffin run". I usually get an hour to quietly read the paper and when eveyone gets up we cook up a big breakfast.

Scott

I've only been once {so far} but we also loved going around in the golf cart and checking out everyone's campsites. I can't wait until we are there for the holidays and see all the Christmas decor. :santa:

I also LOVED being down on the beach for the fireworks and electric light parade.

I've only been once {so far} but we also loved going around in the golf cart and checking out everyone's campsites. I can't wait until we are there for the holidays and see all the Christmas decor. :santa:

I also LOVED being down on the beach for the fireworks and electric light parade.

I enjoy those things too Shannone. The only difference, I get to see it about once every 2-3 months. I just had to throw that in to rag you. It won't be long before your trip is here. Just another year and a few months lol.

Donnie

We enjoy looping but do this on a bicycle. Non polluting and great exercise.

We enjoy biking to WL for a bite to eat.

Also enjoy just hanging around doing nothing.

Something as simple as sitting outside at the campsite in the evening, and enjoying some good brews to unwind.

Morning coffee outside the camper while watching/feeding the wildlife. People watching from the porch of Crocketts while drinking from my refillable mug.

NCDisneyCamper: hi, neighbor!

My favorite thing at FW is riding the boat to the Magic Kingdom.

I enjoy those things too Shannone. The only difference, I get to see it about once every 2-3 months. I just had to throw that in to rag you. It won't be long before your trip is here. Just another year and a few months lol.

Donnie

That's ok Donnie...I can wait. You enjoy your hurricanes, sauna like humidity and oppresive heat. :lmao: I'll be sitting up here looking out at the lake enjoying my 75 degree days and fresh breezes. :)

That's ok Donnie...I can wait. You enjoy your hurricanes, sauna like humidity and oppresive heat. :lmao: I'll be sitting up here looking out at the lake enjoying my 75 degree days and fresh breezes. :)

That was good Shannone!!!!!

Some friends of ours recently got home from Colorado and they were saying 75 was the high temp. Wow what I would do to have that today. I love the northern states in about October. I used to travel a lot in the late 90's to Indiana, Maine and Illinois. The fall was so nice. Here in Florida it might be 80 in November. You just never know.

Our favorite thing to do is to go riding our golf cart through the loops as well. It just never gets old. There are so many wonderful things to do there.

"That's okay Shannone1,,,, I'll enjoy the 75 degree weather in Florida come January when you're up to your backsides in
S-N-O-W!!" :beach:
(Says Debbie in Central Florida as she runs & ducks from the snowball thrown by Shannone1!! )

That was good Shannone!!!!!

Some friends of ours recently got home from Colorado and they were saying 75 was the high temp. Wow what I would do to have that today. I love the northern states in about October. I used to travel a lot in the late 90's to Indiana, Maine and Illinois. The fall was so nice. Here in Florida it might be 80 in November. You just never know.

We were there 4 years ago over Thanksgiving and the average temps were supposed to be around 70. I was thrilled. Of course, when we got there they were in the middle of a heat wave and it was in the low to mid 80's all week long !! And the weird part was that we couldn't find shorts anywhere....the clothes in the stores that time of year are pretty much what we have here. I was expecting to be able to buy summer clothes all year down there.

"That's okay Shannone1,,,, I'll enjoy the 75 degree weather in Florida come January when you're up to your backsides in
S-N-O-W!!" :beach:
(Says Debbie in Central Florida as she runs & ducks from the snowball thrown by Shannone1!! )

Ahhhh..I actually LOVE winter !! Skiing, sledding, snowball fights, curling up in front of the fire with a good book and a cup of cocoa...that's good stuff !! :goodvibes Now if we could just get Disney to open up a park and campground here.....

I used to enjoy all the winter stuff when I was a kid & didn't have to deal with shoveling, heating bills, etc. I moved to Fla when I was 19 and now that I'm (ahem) older, I can hardly stand it when it gets below 70! (Brrrr)

Disney should have built a park somewhere in the mid-west instead of France. That was probably the dumbest thing they ever did!! It's cheaper for the Brits to come to Florida than to go to France.

Your Fav Thing To Do When Staying at FW

Pulling up to the entrance gates and checking in.

How do you explain that feeling to someone who doesn't know?

My absolute favorite thing at FW is the atmosphere early in the morning.

I like early best because only people like me (early birds) are out and about. It is quiet and I generally have an hour or two to myself. Love hearing the boat whistle/horn in the distance and the lil critters running about FW. I can do whatever I like but generally stick to:

Saying "good morning" to everybody I see (usually get a greeting back too).

Taking a walk around the loops.

Ignoring my chirping Blackberry (laptop is at the bottom of a drawer in the TT).

Taking a ridiculously long shower at the Comfort Station- singing loudly and off key.

Watching sun come up at the dock. Pure Magic.

Waiting impatiently for TE to open (need java).

Bringing B-fast back for the family (basking in their adoration).

Making sure campsite is clean to the point of raking the sand clean and level (um, a bit obsessive that).

Asking the kids what they want to do today. Knowing we can do anything we want.

Life is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!