Your best Disney fact or insider story...

There are also lots of facts to be learned on the AK "Wild by Design" tour. I don't want to spoil them all, but one is that authentic African thatch-workers did the thatch work on the buildings in the Africa section and at AKL. Also, notice at Flame Tree BBQ, the art all depicts predators/prey.

In DHS, when you ride ToT, look off to the right from the top of the elevator and you can see Blizzard Beach.

Wait, what now? People actually have their eyes open at the top of the elevator on Twilight Zone? Mine are already closed tight and I'm getting ready to scream.

The odd pink color of Tower of Terror is supposedly to make it blend with Morocco when viewed across WS lagoon from near Mexico.

There was a similar thread a month or so ago on which someone posted a photo of Morocco, taken from across the lagoon, and you could see ToT in the distance. The color and building style blended right in. If I can find the photo, I'll post the link later.

There was a similar thread a month or so ago on which someone posted a photo of Morocco, taken from across the lagoon, and you could see ToT in the distance. The color and building style blended right in. If I can find the photo, I'll post the link later.

I've taken a few myself from this angle. ;)

The Hollywood Brown Derby Restaurant in DHS has no hidden characters in it at all. This is due to it not originally being a Disney property. And you can order two original Brown Derby Favorites, the Cobb Salads and the Grapefruit Cake.

When you near the top of the hill climb on EE look to your left. You can see Spaceship Earth.

Walt Disney designed the entrance to the Magic Kingdom to reveal itself as if you were walking into the opening of a Disney movie. *As you pass under the Main Street Railroad Station, you'll notice movie posters on the walls, just as you would if you were walking into the entrance of a theater. *The curtain "rises" as you emerge from the tunnels and take in the "opening act" of the Town Square and Main Street, U.S.A. Music fills the air as you smell fresh popped theater popcorn from the old-fashioned popcorn cart, which Disney Imagineers ensure*is always stationed nearby. *Next, as you begin to walk down Main Street, U.S.A., you'll see the "opening credits" displayed on the windows of the second and third stories of the buildings lining the street. *These credits are the names of the Cast Members who played a major role in the creation of Walt Disney World. Fittingly, Walt Disney's name is the first and last one you'll see on Main Street, U.S.A., just as the Director of a movie is listed at both the opening and ending of the credits. Guests are greeted by a window at the Main Street Railroad Station which reads, "Walt Disney World Railroad Office - Keeping Dreams on Track - Walter E. Disney - Chief Engineer -" A second window for Walt Disney can be found at the far end of Main Street, U.S.A. on the second floor of the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, facing Cinderella Castle.

I liked this. I always thought it was interesting. :) it's taken from the WDW Secrets app by Notescast.

Thought of another one.

In Future World East, the pavilions, sidewalks, and trees all emphasize an angular, artificial appearance. All pavilions are based on man-made concepts.

In Future World West, the pavilions, sidewalks, and trees all emphasize a free-flowing, natural appearance. All pavilions are based on the natural world. (Though I can't quite fit the Imagination Pavilion into this design personally.)

Walt Disney designed the entrance to the Magic Kingdom to reveal itself as if you were walking into the opening of a Disney movie. *As you pass under the Main Street Railroad Station, you'll notice movie posters on the walls, just as you would if you were walking into the entrance of a theater. *The curtain "rises" as you emerge from the tunnels and take in the "opening act" of the Town Square and Main Street, U.S.A. Music fills the air as you smell fresh popped theater popcorn from the old-fashioned popcorn cart, which Disney Imagineers ensure*is always stationed nearby. *Next, as you begin to walk down Main Street, U.S.A., you'll see the "opening credits" displayed on the windows of the second and third stories of the buildings lining the street. *These credits are the names of the Cast Members who played a major role in the creation of Walt Disney World. Fittingly, Walt Disney's name is the first and last one you'll see on Main Street, U.S.A., just as the Director of a movie is listed at both the opening and ending of the credits. Guests are greeted by a window at the Main Street Railroad Station which reads, "Walt Disney World Railroad Office - Keeping Dreams on Track - Walter E. Disney - Chief Engineer -" A second window for Walt Disney can be found at the far end of Main Street, U.S.A. on the second floor of the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor, facing Cinderella Castle.

I liked this. I always thought it was interesting. :) it's taken from the WDW Secrets app by Notescast.

Just took the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Walt's brother, Roy O. Disney Sr., has the 1st window on Main Street (above the Main Street Confectionery) because he has the 1st billing as producer. Walt, as the director, has 2nd billing a little further down Main Street.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_Main_Street_window_honors

Apparently none of the flags are real in Magic Kingdom other than the one in town square. The others have a variation of how many stars or stripes are in them, so they do not have to be taken down at the end of the day.

In the Morocco pavilion, all the mosaics have at least one cracked or imperfect tile. This is because the Moroccans, who helped build the pavilion, believe that Allah alone can create perfection, and thus, deliberately caused minor flaws in their work.

I call the pavilions there "death houses".

That is hilarious. My daughter sent me a picture of some of those death scenes not too long ago. I can't wait to share that with my dad, and also my food and wine group in October - they expect a good show from their tour guide too! :)

The Hollywood Brown Derby Restaurant in DHS has no hidden characters in it at all. This is due to it not originally being a Disney property. And you can order two original Brown Derby Favorites, the Cobb Salads and the Grapefruit Cake.

When you near the top of the hill climb on EE look to your left. You can see Spaceship Earth.

Interesting lack of hidden characters. I like the Brown Derby.

Thought of another one.

In Future World East, the pavilions, sidewalks, and trees all emphasize an angular, artificial appearance. All pavilions are based on man-made concepts.

In Future World West, the pavilions, sidewalks, and trees all emphasize a free-flowing, natural appearance. All pavilions are based on the natural world. (Though I can't quite fit the Imagination Pavilion into this design personally.)

Maybe this is why I like the West side more!

I just read that the sidewalk changes color in between Morocco and France to signify the Straits of Gibraltar.

The off color brown pavement in Liberty Square represents the sewage that would have run through a colonial town.

There are no restrooms in Liberty Square because there was no indoor plumbing during the time represented.

When EPCOT first opened, the cast members referred to it as 'Extreme Polyester Costumes Of Torture'

It takes 45 minutes to drain Splash Mountain, but it takes around 3 hours to fill it back up.

All the water features in the Magic Kingdom are linked. The water is dyed to look more natural. The dye is added at the water fall in The Jungle Cruise so that it's mixed properly.

You can not buy a night in the fantasy suite in Cinderella's castle. It must be won.

Cinderella's Royal Table was originally called King Stefan's Banquet hall. This was because in medieval times, the castle's banquet hall was named in honor of a neighboring kingdom. The closest kingdom would have been Disneyland - Sleeping Beauty's castle - which was King Stefan. However, this caused confusion among tourists, so it was renamed to Cinderella's Royal Table.

Wait, what now? People actually have their eyes open at the top of the elevator on Twilight Zone? Mine are already closed tight and I'm getting ready to scream.

What's funnier is that my BFF is the one who pointed it out to me. I am a thrill seeker - no coaster too tall - and she is afraid of heights!! My eyes are always open but I guess I never paid attention...

I assume you know where the Mountain Goat with five legs is?

I do remember reading about that, BUT I have never seen it. That will be fun to find. I am definitely taking my father to the Contemporary for visit. Thanks for pointing that out. Is it easy to see?

There are no restrooms in Liberty Square because there was no indoor plumbing during the time represented.

When EPCOT first opened, the cast members referred to it as 'Extreme Polyester Costumes Of Torture'

It takes 45 minutes to drain Splash Mountain, but it takes around 3 hours to fill it back up.

All the water features in the Magic Kingdom are linked. The water is dyed to look more natural. The dye is added at the water fall in The Jungle Cruise so that it's mixed properly.

You can not buy a night in the fantasy suite in Cinderella's castle. It must be won.

Cinderella's Royal Table was originally called King Stefan's Banquet hall. This was because in medieval times, the castle's banquet hall was named in honor of a neighboring kingdom. The closest kingdom would have been Disneyland - Sleeping Beauty's castle - which was King Stefan. However, this caused confusion among tourists, so it was renamed to Cinderella's Royal Table.

I have never read that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter