You Want to Stay Where?! A July PTR* TR LINK 8/8!

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by shan23877, Feb 3, 2013.

1. lvcourtneyy

lvcourtneyy DIS Veteran

It really irks me when customer service people don't say I'm sorry. It's like the number one rule. If you're not gonna help someone or offer a solution, at least start your excuse with I'm sorry. Ugh. Rant over now.

Disney's lucky you were gonna go regardless. If this happened with a family trying to decide whether to spend the money on a first trip, they may have turned them off!

At least you got a response and you'll have an amazing trip regardless!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

At least you got somewhat of an explanation, but I agree... they should be apologizing for putting yall through all that confusion.

4. BeckyEsq

BeckyEsq Mouseketeer.

Late to the party but subbing. We will be at POR a few weeks after you (in a standard room). Looking forward to seeing the plans and the shopping shape up!

5. LizJoy

LizJoy Dis Veteran Wannabe

I think I am ready with my ADR guesses! Here goes:

Table Service
    1. Cape May Cafe
    2. Yak & Yeti
    3. Ohana - Breakfast
    4. Ohana - Dinner
    5. Cinderella's Royal Table
    6. Hollywood & Vine
    7. Via Napoli
    8. Akershus
    9. California Grill
    10. Tusker House
    11. 1900 Park Fare
    12. 50's Prime Time
    13. Be Our Guest
    14. Liberty Tree Tavern
    15. Le Cellier
    16. Chef Mickey's

Quick Service
    1. Be Our Guest
    2. Columbia Harbor House
    3. Tortuga Tavern

Did this guessing game make anyone else really really hungry?

6. SoNotAPrincess

SoNotAPrincess Disney Diva

Ugh. I expect more from Disney when it comes to customer service...an apology was the very least the CM could have/should have done! You're probably just glad to put it behind you and move on though...I know I would be!

Oooooh, shopping! Can't wait to find out what you got!

7. SimplyGoofy

SimplyGoofy "You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"

I'm in just under the wire, but here are my ADR guesses:

1) 1900 Park Fare
    2) 1900 Park Fare
    3) Cinderella's Royal Table
    4) Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
    5) Tusker House
    6) Yak & Yeti
    7) 'Ohana
    8) Crystal Palace
    9) Hollywood & Vine
    10) Cape May Cafe
    11) Via Napoli
    12) Les Chefs de France
    13) Sci-Fi Dine-In
    14) Be Our Guest
    15) Chef Mickey's
    16) Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue

Counter Service:
    1) Tortuga Tavern
    2) Be Our Guest
    3) Wolfgang Puck Express

8. Bethislucy

Bethislucy DIS Veteran

I'm with other's at least she could have was I'm sorry you've had all this trouble but this is really what the #'s mean or something to that effect and of course end it with sorry for all the trouble.

9. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

You really should have gotten an "I'm sorry" and it frosts me that you didn't. Disney is having some major issues with guest relations in certain areas. And I'm a little ticked off with them right now with the rumor that they are eliminating Extra Magic Hours by September. If this happens, we will stay off property from now on.

I've been so busy that I've not had a chance to even think about your ADR's, so I'm just going to follow along and see what everyone else picks and how they do.

10. michael's mom

michael's mom DIS Veteran

Okay,
    I hope I'm not too late.

Here are my guesses!

Table Service:

O'Hana
    O'Hana
    Chef Mickey's
    Tusker House
    1900 Park Fare
    50's Prime Time
    Akershus
    Cinderella's Royal Table
    Cape May Cafe
    Yak and Yeti
    Be Our Guest
    Crystal Palace
    Le Cellier
    Boatwrights
    Hoop De doo
    Hollywood and Vine

Quick Service:

Riverside Mill
    Be Our Guest
    Earl of Sandwich

Looking forward to playing and hearing about your plans!

11. Fantasyland Mom

Fantasyland Mom DIS Veteran

I haven't been in on the ADR guessing, so I was just letting you know I'm here.
    And I'm thinking 'Ohana is the restaurant you will go to twice, plus as many character meals as possible :thumbsup2.

12. shan23877

shan23877 I make lists about my lists

I am still pretty irked too. I thought that the very LEAST that I would get was an apology. I guess I understand that they're sending out these pins for marketing, but since several of their CMs told us that the pin was otherwise- I'm annoyed.

We will still enjoy it, I'm sure. I'm going to share some shopping right after this!

I agree! It's pretty strange the non-PIN PIN CODE. I'm still hoping for a public July discount though. :rotfl:

That really bothered me. DH and I have both worked in customer service positions, and when you get an email like the one I sent it's usually time for damage control. This woman seemed pretty intent on putting me in my place though. It honestly did nothing toward making me feel better about the whole thing.

I'm trying to do just that! I'm hard at work on some special costumes for Maddie, and I'm getting really excited about the Royal Room!

:rotfl: Yeah, what have I got to lose? I haven't gotten any PINs before! I'm sorry that you had a similar situation. Like you, I need a Disney Mint-and some time.

I guess I don't feel tricked, but I'm really, really disappointed in how it was handled. I thought we deserved an apology at the very least. The CM actually seemed like she thought she needed to 'educate' me. Not Disney's finest hour.

I'm still subbed to the July Discount Watch Thread though, and someone posted to day that a CM told them that codes for July will be released at the end of March. I think saving will be the best revenge. :rotfl:

This is the first I've heard of something like this! Like you I'm not that surprised in the long run-Disney is a business after all, but the way that the CMs ultimately handled it is what disappointed me the most.

I'm going to request a planning DVD though-Maddie wants a new one ;)

I thought the same thing. I even imagine a poor confused first time visitor being so upset that they won't go. Terrible policies in place there.

We are going to have a GREAT TRIP! I'm getting so excited!

Yeah, I was shocked that she didn't apologize.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! Are you excited for your stay at POR? Is it going to be your first stay there?

Shopping update coming right up!

Thanks for playing! I'm hungry, but Girl Scout cookies are helping.

Me too. I expected that an apology was the lest of what they'd do. Disappointing for sure.

Shopping update coming right up!

You got them submitted in plenty of time! Thanks for joining in!

That's what I thought too. I was very disappointed in the way they handled this.

Thanks Kathy. I felt the exact same way. This is not the customer service I expect from Disney.

I think that the elimination of EMH is one of the worst ideas I've heard in quite a while. It's the main incentive that they market for staying on property! We probably still will stay with them, but it's asinine.

You're not too late at all! Thanks for playing! I hope that it'll be fun!

I think you would have done quite well guessing! :rotfl:

13. shan23877

I am so excited that so many of you decided to play along in the ADR game! I have to say, you guys know us really well!

Without further ado, here are the 16 ADR that we have:

1900 Park Fare

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Be Our Guest

Chefs De France

Chef Mickey

Cinderella's Royal Table

Coral Reef

Fulton's Crab House

Hollywood and Vine

Liberty Tree Tavern

Mama Melrose

Narcoossee's

Ohana

Ohana

Tusker House

Yachtsman Steakhouse

And our planned Quick Service meals are:

Be Our Guest (Yup, I'm a bit of a trickster. We're doing 2 restaurants twice, but only had to make ADR for Ohana)

Earl Of Sandwich

Tortuga Tavern (the only place to find Maddie's beloved cheese quesedillas)

Of our Table Service ADR, BOG, CdF, Coral Reef, Fulton's, LTT, MM, Narcoossee's, and the Yachtsman will all be new restaurants for us!

Some old favorites like Cape May and Via Napoli didn't make the cut in favor of trying some new places. Fulton's was the restaurant that won the final spot over Citricos, Flying Fish, and the Hoop De Doo.

We would have made an ADR for California Grill in a heartbeat, but it's going to be closed for refurb until August. I'm disappointed that we'll miss out on eating there this trip, but we'll definitely check it out next time!

And here are the standings so far:

KristinAnne - 44
    Avery&Todd - 44
    TruLovesKiss - 40
    RONMEL - 40
    marDgreen - 40
    LizJoy - 40
    amandaw - 40
    simplygoofy - 36
    michael's mom - 36
    JoshandEvsmom - 36
    daisy8869 - 36
    Cinderella909 - 36
    CandleontheWater - 36
    Avasmommy526 - 36
    afwdwfan - 36
    SoNotAPrincess - 32
    RunningthruDisney - 32
    merobear - 32
    lvcourtneyy - 32
    disneygirl520 - 32
    chesirecatattack - 32
    Stringbean&Wingnut - 28
    danielle79 - 24

And a special Congratulations to TruLovesKiss for correctly guessing all 3 Counter Service restaurants!

Bryan and I are hard at work on the Tournament of Food, so I hope to have the first round matchups for you next week.

I'll probably do updates pertaining to Round 2/Day of Trip plans every other week (so you'll have 2 weeks to match the restaurant to the mealtime)

On the off weeks, I'll share shopping and sewing and life updates. (Oh, there will be sewing....:upsidedow)

Every week we'll vote on the Tournament of Food!

Thanks again to every one who's joining in the PTR and the games!

14. shan23877

As I'm sure some of you are aware, Disney Store was offering 25% off everything plus free shipping last weekend. I, of course, felt compelled to take advantage (that's woman logic right? I have to buy stuff! It's on sale!)

I got some things for Maddie's Easter basket

[​IMG]
    She's been wanting to be Aurora at BBB the last 2 years, but has gone with something else because the Aurora dress they offer there has long sleeves. I had to get this one when I saw that it was sleeveless!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got some things that Maddie will need this summer (and for the trip of course!)

Some nightgowns

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some swimming suits

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had gotten her this shirt for her birthday a few weeks ago, but it fits in nicely here

[​IMG]

And then I decided that it couldn't hurt to look at some things for myself

I probably won't wear these much in real life, but it doesn't look like we'll be vacationing anywhere but WDW anytime soon-so they'll get worn

[​IMG]

I had to get this shirt because it looked like something I might have gotten on one of my childhood trips

[​IMG]

And I liked the vintage vibe of this one too

[​IMG]

Once I'd added all of that to my cart, I realized that the adult t-shirts were only $9, so I asked Bryan if he wanted me to look for a shirt for him. He did, and really liked this one

[​IMG]

And since we were both getting it, Maddie got this one too!

[​IMG]

That's all I've gotten so far :rotfl: I'm currently doing some summer shoe browsing online though. I need your advice here friends. This will be Maddie's first time touring sans stroller, so shoes will be key. She's been the type of gal who happily suffers for fashion since birth. She'll wear princess shoes until her blisters have blisters. I'm hoping to find something cuter than Crocs for her to wear that are still good touring/walking shoes. Here's what I'm thinking

[​IMG]

Or (who am I kidding I'll probably get her both)

[​IMG]

Has anyone (or their kids) toured in Toms? Comfy? I'm considering some non sparkly ones for myself (I'll probably get some for summer shoes for me regardless) too. Thoughts? Feelings?

That's all for now, but I promise there will be more! There are some new Barbie-sized villain dolls out that may make their way into Maddie's Easter Basket, and I'll have some really fun sewing projects to share too!

15. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

Hahaha I'm going to have to get better at guessing your ADR's in the next round!

Cute Disney Store purchases! :goodvibes

I've never toured in TOMS - my personal favorite park-walking brand is Sketchers (with Converse being a close second).

16. Bethislucy

Bethislucy DIS Veteran

I love the Toms!

17. Izzieheartscindy

Izzieheartscindy Mouseketeer

Love the shopping!!!

I've never had toms but if you are looking for sneaker type shoes sketchers makes the twinkle toes sneakers that DD5 loves!!! Her foot is very narrow so it doesn't work well with the Velcro ones but just fine with the lace ones.

For you, if you want really light-weight sandals I found the most amazing ones at sports authority of all places! They are hi-tec brand and they make many different styles. I bought a pair for my trip last year and they are like walking on pillows!!! And they're not expensive. I used a 20% off coupon and they were so cheap for how incredibly comfortable they are!! I looked on their website and they don't have as much of a selection as they did in the store.

Can't wait to see what you sew!!

18. daisy8869

daisy8869 Earning My Ears

Love the shopping! So much cute stuff for little girls!!!

Looks like another amazing trip is shaping up!

19. Izzieheartscindy

Izzieheartscindy Mouseketeer

Sports Authority actually has a 20% coupon right now. Ends today - in store or online if anyone is interested. :goodvibes

20. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Love all of your shopping items...but that Aurora dress is just too cute. Maddie will look adorable in it.

You are going to LOVE Yachtsman...it was one of our best meals of our trip in December. We've done Fulton's a number of times...we've only had one bad meal there (and it wasn't so much that the food was bad, but the price of what I ordered...but I won't make that mistake again). We did Liberty Tree a few years ago and I made an ADR there for August.

21. 1000HappyWishes

1000HappyWishes I know every mile will be my worth my while.

I'm jealous of those PJ's. They don't make them for older girls, though I wish they did!