You Want to Stay Where?! A July PTR* TR LINK 8/8!

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by shan23877, Feb 3, 2013.

1. LilAnn

LilAnn DIS Veteran

My votes are
    Chef Mickeys
    Flame Tree
    Ohara

That LILO dress is so cute! So talented! I might be sending you a PM again about something else. It's perfect and Maddie's looks like she loves it!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. merbobear

merbobear DIS Veteran

In the Character/Dinner Show Region

Chef Mickey

In the Counter Service Region

ABC Commissary

In the Table Service Region

'Ohana

And for your first dinner ADR, I think it's Be Our Guest :)

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I am loving the pictures of Maddie in her Ohana dress. She is the perfect model. And how cute is she doing the hula.

5. TinksThree

TinksThree DIS Veteran

When I saw you were at 17 pages I went with the links! :thumbsup2 Your sagas sound like mine! Just this past week I had an interesting encounter with CMs...and it really made me question calling Disney directly and the responses you get! Your ADRs look great and I think your (well, I guess it was Maddie's!) to change to the Royal Rooms at POR was a wise move. We walked to AOA in October and when I saw the distance, I knew Little Mermaid rooms would not be found on my list!

Great job on the dress!! And love the shopping spree photos! Also love the game although I missed out on that reading links only...and so late!!

6. MMS1125

MMS1125 "You can design and create, and build the most won

what an adorable dress and model ;)

Did you catch the Top Chef finale?

7. cindianne320

cindianne320 Mouseketeer

Chef Mickeys
    Flame Tree
    Ohana

All on the agenda for our next trip!

8. Aussiesalad

Aussiesalad Totes Mcgoats

That dress is beyond adorable!! Seriously the cutest thing I've seen all day!

9. TruLovesKiss

TruLovesKiss Mouseketeer

Wow, tell Bryan that the bracket looks great! Very professional!

Now our first trip isn't until September, so I'm not sure if I'm really allowed to vote since I haven't actually been to any of the restaurants. But I would love to continue on with the fun so I'm going to anyway.... no problem if you don't want to count my votes! :blush: I'll vote based on what I've read in TRs, pics, menus, etc and most of all.... the ADRs that I'm hoping to get for our trip! :cheer2:

Chef Mickey

Flame Tree BBQ

Ohana

As for your Day One ADR, I think you'll want to start off your trip with some characters.... maybe some fun stepsisters. :crazy: So my guess is for 1900 Park Fare.

10. shan23877

shan23877 I make lists about my lists

Even if you aren't playing the ADR game, you can still vote in the Tournament of Food! I'll mark down a vote for Flame Tree for you!

Too funny. We had a similar incident with a girl in Maddie's preschool class. Maddie wasn't allowed to wear Rapunzel shirts because she called the movie 'Rapunzel' not 'Tangled' and a true fan would know the name of the movie.

I told Maddie to tell mean girl that she's met Rapunzel and that Rapunzel said she could call it whatever she wants and wear the shirts with pride. :rotfl:
    So, I guess I took a pass on the high road too.

I'm not crazy about the BBB tutu, but I do think we'll buy the T-shirt this time. Maddie would love to have it to wear to dance/gymnastics as a cover up.

It's always just this once isn't it? :rotfl:

I'd say vote for the one that you'd most like to try. :thumbsup2

Your vote is noted! Thanks for playing!

Thank you!

Thanks! Doesn't look like we'll have any 1-16 upsets. :rotfl:

She's excited about the dress!

Thank you! That is the funniest think I've ever heard. I think she's right on! It does look like Dora on vacation!

Thanks for voting and guessing Karen!

There will be lots of opportunity to score more points!

Thank you so much!

:lmao: Your votes have been noted.

In Round 2 we're just guessing which of the restaurants we'll be eating in on a particular day.

Thank you! And thanks for playing and guessing!

11. shan23877

Thank you for playing!

Thanks Courtney! And thanks for playing-your votes are noted.

Thanks Marissa! and Thanks for playing and voting. Didn't he do great?

Thank you! She's so excited about that dress!

Thanks for playing/voting! Results will be in on Thursday!

Thank you so much and thanks for playing and voting!

Thank you for playing and guessing!

Get some sleep girl, you have a baby!

Thanks for playing and voting Mel!

Thank you for playing! We have done 1900 PF as our first night's meal in the past...:goodvibes

Thank you!

Thanks for playing and voting too!

Don't be afraid to try to learn to sew! 3 years ago learning was my New Years Resolution. I bought Sewing for Dummies and made dress up clothes to learn. It's fun!

Thanks for playing and guessing!

Thanks for playing! and for guessing!

I sent you a PM (I hope it was you!). There is a chance that I'll open an Etsy shop eventually. If there's anything in particular that you're looking for let me know. I may be able to help!

Thank you for de-lurking! I appreciate it, now don't be afraid to speak up okay?

Thanks for the positive review of POR-we're getting really excited about it!

And, thanks for playing!

Thanks for joining in! What a hassle for nothing huh? I'm glad that you had a TA to jump through the hoops for you-it was awful.

I hope you'll stick around!

We have to overlap one of these days! Even if it's just for the moms. :goodvibes

You know I'm gonna try to get those PJs for you. Maybe not this week though as we're supposed to get even more snow tonight and tomorrow :scared1: Maddie's school already cancelled for tomorrow and it hasn't even started!

Thanks for playing Amanda!

12. shan23877

Thanks for playing along! I'll be in touch shortly about the something else ;)

Thanks for playing and voting! I hope it will be fun for everyone!

Thanks Kathy! I can't wait for her to wear it to meet Lilo!

I don't blame you for using the links! Thanks for joining in! I still have to get caught up on your TRs :blush:

Thank you! I did! I was so excited that Kristen won! That was one of my favorite finales in a very long time

Thanks for playing along! Great choices!

Thank you! That's so sweet. Maddie will be thrilled.:goodvibes

I think you should vote on where you'd like to eat. And since I'm making the rules here-your votes totally count.:goodvibes

Thanks for the kind words. We're pretty competitive around here-that may or may not have been Bryan's first attempt at bracketology. :rotfl:

13. shan23877

So sorry I've been MIA everyone. Last week I was under the weather, and the sewing projects are piling up! It's a lot of fun though and I'm excited to help some of you out with cool Disney outfits!

I'm going to close the voting on this round of the Tournament of Food tomorrow night, and at that time we'll start voting on the 2-15 match-ups.

Guesses for the Guess my ADR game can be submitted until next week. At that time I'll let you in on our first day's plans!

Have a great Tuesday everyone! We'll be hunkered down at home since we're expected to get another foot of snow tonight. Isn't is March? :sad2:

14. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

I'll gladly take your foot of snow. We're expected to get 2 - 5 inches of snow with some ice to go with it. :sad2:

15. ronnmel

ronnmel DIS Veteran

March often gets the worse snow storms. You think winter is over, and than BAM! Biggest snowfall of the year.

16. Avery&Todd

Avery&Todd DIS Veteran

PHEW!! Im not too late - work has been keeping me away from the DIS lately and I wanted to get my votes in since maybe I have half a chance of winning the gold!!

In the Character/Dinner Show Region

Chef Mickey

In the Counter Service Region

ABC Commissary

In the Table Service Region

'Ohana

and...my submission for "Guess what ADR we're having the first night we're at MK" is.....

Be Our Guest!!

17. shan23877

Well friends, the results are in and not surprisingly we didn't have any 1-16 upsets.

The resounding winners advancing to the next round are:

Signature and Celebrity Chef

California Grill

[​IMG]

Character and Dinner Show

Chef Mickey

[​IMG]

Counter Service

Flame Tree BBQ

[​IMG]

Table Service

'Ohana

[​IMG]

This is what the updated bracket looks like:

[​IMG]

(Thanks to my awesome hubby for keeping it updated and awesome looking for me!)

I think as we get into the later match-ups we'll have some real horseraces.

This week we'll be voting on the 2-15 match-ups:

Le Cellier vs. Shula's (has anyone actually eaten here?)

Character and Dinner Shows

Crystal Palace vs. Perfectly Princess Tea

Counter Service

Be Our Guest vs. Everything POP

Table Service

Via Napoli vs. Cape May Cafe

Vote on the restaurant that you like the best, and if you haven't visited either (or any) feel free to vote on the one that you'd most like to try! This isn't an exact science, it's just some Disney Dining lovers having some fun!

In other news I've been sewing my fingers off and should have more outfits to share with you all next week.

I guess that's all for this week guys-if you live in the midwest, stay warm!

18. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

I've never eaten at Shula's - but my parents have!! :thumbsup2

I'll go with Shula's, Crystal Palace, BOG, and Via Napoli (having only eaten at Crystal Palace out of these! :rotfl: )

19. merbobear

merbobear DIS Veteran

The high road is for other people :thumbsup2 lol

And in 2011 we decided to go on a "once in a lifetime" family vacation to Disney World. Mike & I had both been in the past separately, dd had never been. It was going to be our one big hurrah, and well...here we are about to embark on our 3rd annual in a couple months! :)

20. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Le Cellier
    Crystal Palace
    Be Our Guest
    Via Napoli

I've eaten at each restaurant I voted for, but the only matchup where I've gone to both was BoG vs. Pop... and as much as I love Everything Pop, it ain't even close. :thumbsup2

21. ronnmel

ronnmel DIS Veteran

I don't care how good the restaurants might be, at this point I have absolutely zero interest in going to the Swan & Dolphin for anything.

I was actually tempted to vote for Everything POP because 1. it's an excellent food court and 2. I feel Be Our Guest will get very far (if not win) for table-service.

I ate at Cape May Cafe and Via Napoli this past trip and Via Napoli wins by a mile!!!

Le Cellier

Character and Dinner Shows
    Crystal Palace

Counter Service
    Be Our Guest

Table Service
    Via Napoli