You Want to Stay Where?! A July PTR* TR LINK 8/8!

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by shan23877, Feb 3, 2013.

1. shan23877

shan23877 I make lists about my lists

I think you did great, but there are going to be lots more chances to score points!

Thanks for your feedback! I have several pair of Converse myself. :goodvibes My worry about normal athletic type shoes is that it will be so hot. I hate it when my feet get sweaty (an overshare, right?)! Tough choices!

Me too! I just think they're so cute!

Thank you! I'll look those up! Walking on pillows sounds fantastic!

I hope to have a sewing update soon! I've been hard at work all night. :goodvibes

Don't they make the cutest stuff for little girls? I'm going to be so sad when I don't get to pick out her clothes any more. (to be fair though, I rarely choose anything without her input anyway. She's such a fashionista!)

Darn it! I missed it!

Thanks Kathy! She's going to be so excited to get that dress!

I am so glad to hear some good feedback about those restaurants! We're pretty excited about all of the new places we're trying!

They should! You never outgrow princesses right?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shan23877

Oh my gosh. You and your family will certainly have earned that trip, and what great memories it will bring back. How special to take your DD for her first trip to the place where you spent your honeymoon!

My thoughts and prayers will be with you if that's ok. :grouphug:

Ohhhh, we would have so much fun shopping together. I know we love the same stores (my DH loves your line about Target having a cover charge BTW). Our husbands would hate us!:lmao:

AGGHHHH! Only shopping not browsing or favoriting right? :rotfl: You are a stronger woman than I.

I love the 'older' style Belle dress. I think it's prettier than the new one! Maddie is set on choosing Belle (or Cindy or Rapunzel or Tiana :rotfl:) at BBB, so that's the only reason I didn't get that one.

Yay! That makes me happy!

I hate wearing sneakers because my feet get so hot, and the last 2 trips I've gotten blisters from my lip flop straps. I think these are a good option!

I could not resist that Jasmine swimsuit! Browsing isn't what hurts me-it's when I convince myself that I need everything I favorited!

Skipping Via Napoli was a tough choice. In the end we wanted to try some new places, but you can bet we'll be back next trip. :rotfl:

Isn't it cute! I never see Jasmine stuff, so I couldn't resist.

You did great!

I think 3 would be a great age! We took Maddie to Sesame Place when she was 3, and that's when we realized that she would have been ready for WDW!

The shopping is so much fun.

Thank you so much for saying that! I really appreciate it! This trip I plan to do better taking photos and including menus and prices. It's fun to do!

Thank you for joining in! I know you're busy getting ready for your awesome trip!

I'd never bought myself anything but PJs from Disney, so I thought it was time. If you buy yourself some t's-I think they run a little large.

I think I'll have a sewing update ready as early as tomorrow!

WELCOME ILLIINI FAN!!! I lived within 40 minutes of U of I my until we moved here last year. I'm always gonna be a fan.

The basketball team is such fun to watch! You should have been there in '05-it was electric!

You did awesome Marissa!

We're not normally matching shirt people, but I couldn't resist. Now we just have to get Maddie out of a princess dress long enough to wear them. :lmao:

4. shan23877

I can't resist a sale! I think she'll adore that Aurora dress.

It'll be easy-I'll lay out better directions next time.:goodvibes

You did great!

That's an awesome idea for kids' wedding favors!

Thanks! I checked there and Amazon. It looks like the Toms site might have the best prices right now though. I may hold out a bit and see if there are any sales!

I wouldn't have done it, but she's wanted that darn dress for 2 years. She changes her mind about who she'll be if ;) she gets invited to the BBB every day!

The Never Girls is a new series about a group of friends that travel to Neverland and have adventures with the fairies. $5 on Disney's website. Maddie loves chapter books for bedtime, so I had to get them.

You would have done great! You can always join in round 2!

That Jasmine suit was irresistible to me! I just loved it!

I just have to convince Maddie to wear the shirt instead of a princess dress and we're golden. :rotfl:

5. shan23877

We have bought princess dresses from Disney Store before. Maddie's Halloween costume was really a dress (vs. costume) and last year we got her the Rapunzel wedding dress. I couldn't be happier with the quality. They are just as high quality as the BBB one. Both the BBB dress and the Rap. wedding dress have survived several days each in the parks and are still in perfect condition.

I don't think you'd be disappointed if you took your own dress. Have you seen the BBB t-shirts and skirts? I think we'll have to get a t-shirt this year too. I know she'd wear it more than any other WDW shirt we could get her as a souvenir.

I am so glad to hear that! I am the exact same way. I hate it when my feet get hot. I always feel really uncomfortable when I try to wear my running shoes. I think the Toms will be the perfect shoes for summer for us!

Thanks! We're excited!

There will be the match the restaurant to the day game, and we'll have the official tournament of food too! I'm hoping to get that posted/started tomorrow!

Great minds....:goodvibes

You know, we should really plan our trips to overlap. We could take our little twins to meet all of the characters together!

I could make Reid some awesome pirate gear too--what do you say Amanda???

I though that I'd get an apology too. That was disappointing.

Thanks! Have you had any luck with the Cap. America PJs? I'll probably make a visit to the Disney store before Easter so let me know.

I'm interested to see how it goes too! :lmao: We figure that we can always rent a stroller if we have to. I hope it doesn't come to that though.

You did great! I think you know us pretty well. ;)

6. Jackiemarie21

Jackiemarie21 DIS Veteran

I am normally more of a lurker, I have read all of your trip reports, but I just have to comment this time!

My birthday is during your stay too! We will be there right after you guys July25-Aug1! We went through the exact same resort changes as you did! At first we were going to stay at AOA little mermaid room and I was super excited about it, but our last value experience was not as "magical" as our previous moderate experiences so we decided to change to POR also (but not a Royal Room). I am confident we made the right choice as Riverside looks so beautiful!
    I am looking forward to reading more about your planning as we seem to have a similar thought process! Many of ADRs are the same including Ohanna twice!:rotfl:

7. Holly324

Holly324 Mouseketeer

We went to the women's basketball game the other night, and my kids got to meet Tracey Abrams and DJ Richardson...they were a little starstruck, that is for sure. My oldest kept saying how nervous he was! It was too cute!:)

Okay, I am all caught up on your PTR. Love your ADR choices! We have never eaten at more than 2 TS places per visit to try to save money, but we are seriously considering the DDP for our next trip so that we can enjoy more! Your list really makes me think that! :goodvibes

I love the vintage mickey t's! That will make a GREAT picture!!

Can't wait to see the sewing stuff! :)

8. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Well, I guess I could have done better on the ADR picks. I'm looking forward to this bracket thing though. Just in time for March Madness!!!

It looks like you really took advantage of the Disney sale. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Good luck with the shoe issue for Maddie. I have absolutely no valuable input to contribute, but good luck. :thumbsup2

9. CAStevens218

CAStevens218 DIS Veteran

I've been lurking but I had to jump in about the Toms! They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn! You just need to break them in first to stretch them out. I wore mine for two weeks of nonstop walking while touring India this winter and they never bothered me once!

Enjoy the Royal Room! We stayed in one over the summer and it was gorgeous! I'm sure Maddie will LOVE it!

10. RopeDrop

RopeDrop Earning My Ears

New here, but I really enjoy reading the trip reports. Thank you for sharing yours.

11. RGirl

RGirl Change Is Good

Wouldn't that be so fun???? It is seriously ridiculous that we three don't overlap for at least a couple of days!!!!!

12. shan23877

Hey guys! Bryan has been working very hard getting the master bracket ready for the 2013 Tournament of Food!

He's arranged the restaurants into the following regions

Signature and Celebrity Chef

Character and Dinner Shows

Counter Service

Table Service

[​IMG]

For this week we'll vote on one match-up in each region (except signature since Cali Grill got the First Round Bye). Your vote should be based on overall experience-food, service, location, everything counts. All that matters is which one you liked better over all.

I hope that this will be fun, and give us all some new ideas of restaurants we'd like to try on upcoming trips!

Without further ado, this week's opening round match-ups are...

In the Character/Dinner Show Region

Chef Mickey vs. Spirit of Aloha

In the Counter Service Region

Flame Tree BBQ vs. ABC Commissary

In the Table Service Region

'Ohana vs. Tony's Town Square

So go ahead and vote on your favorites! We'll keep track of the votes, and the winners will move on in the Tournament of Food!!!

You'll also have until next Thursday to make your pick for Round Two of the Guess My ADR Game!

The clue for Day One is that we only have one ADR-for dinner-and that we'll be spending our first day at the Magic Kingdom! Here are the places you can choose from:

1900 Park Fare

Akershus

Be Our Guest

Cinderella's Royal Table

Chef Mickey

Chefs De France

Coral Reef

Fultons

Hollywood & Vine

Liberty Tree Tavern

Mama Melrose

Narcoossees

'Ohana

'Ohana

Tusker House

Yachtsman

Thanks for playing guys!

13. shan23877

I have a sewing update for you all as well! When I was planning our ADR, I mentioned to a Dis friend that I was thinking about making this dress for our 'Ohana breakfast. She convinced me that it's not "too much", so I said if she likes it I'll make one for her little girl too! Let me know Roni! (and Jenn, if you need two of them-PM me ;))

You know Maddie can't not do a photo shoot right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hula Dancing of course

[​IMG]

14. RGirl

RGirl Change Is Good

It is fantastic!!!!!!!!! If you still have time, there is no way I would say no to this!! It will be perfect for breakfast with our Hawaiian friends at 'Ohana. LOVE IT!!!!!

15. shan23877

:cool1: I'm glad you like it because I'm half way done with Willow's! :lmao:

The girls will look adorable in them!

16. RGirl

RGirl Change Is Good

OMG - you are so funny!!!! You had to know I would love it!!!! I can't decide whether to tell Willow about it or have it be a surprise.

17. smidgy

smidgy dimples

well, I haven't been playing the ADR game, but I just have to say: I can't believe anyone would choose ABC Commissary over our beloved Flame Tree! I would eat at flame tree even if the food wasn't scrumptious. all those cool tables to sit at further down in, by the lagoon with a view of everest!

18. merbobear

merbobear DIS Veteran

Yes, actually Adison has the BBB tee shirt, it's very cute. Last year we were doing BBB as a "once in a lifetime" kind of thing (haha...yeah, that plan always backfires!) and she had the Castle package, we bought the sparkly shoes, the purse & gloves set, and the pink glittered tee to commemorate it all.

Actually, that tee shirt sparked a debate in her pre-k class! lol It bought up the topic of princesses, and apparently (according to a bossy girl in her class) only one girl may declare each princess to be her favorite. Adison's favorite is Aurora, Bossy Girl's favorite is Aurora too. Adison was very upset that evening when she told me that SB can't be her favorite anymore because Bossy Girl likes her. I may have been wrong in doing so (probably should have explained the virtues of sharing favorites), but I told her that she could prove that she was the number one SB fan by bringing in a photo of them together...that'll show Bossy Girl! :thumbsup2

Anyway, and yes I have seen the tutu once....on a picture of Honey Boo Boo! :scratchin It is cute but I want to milk the princess loving years for all they are worth. I love the tutu for kids a little older though that are "too cool" to dress as a princess, but still want the magic of the BBB.

19. merbobear

merbobear DIS Veteran

OH MY! That dress is too adorable on Maddie! It definitely is not "too much" and it's perfect (is there a such thing as "too much" at Disney??). Do you sew from patterns or make up as you go along? And if from patterns, do you buy the paper patterns at the store or get ideas online? I can sew...not as well as you, but I have the basics down, and I really should do it more often. I am embarrassed at the pile of unused fabric that I have accumulated, because I always have tons of ideas and then they never come to fruition! Was this style of dress fairly simple to accomplish?

I have to think a bit to make my guess for your ADR and to vote, but I was wondering:

If we have not dined at either of the restaurant choices, should we not vote? That isn't an issue for me this round, but I could see it might happen...or should we vote just based on what we think we might like best?

20. Stringbean&Wingnut

Stringbean&Wingnut DIS Veteran

I've actually never been to any of your first round matchups! Well, ABC Commissary YEARS ago, but I'll vote for Flame Tree over that - I've heard very good things about it!

Maddie's new dress is adorable!! :goodvibes

21. afwdwfan

afwdwfan DIS Dad #460

Chef Mickey

Flame Tree

I haven't been to either Ohana or Tony's so I'll pass on that one.

My ADR guess is Be Our Guest. Just because you were probably too excited about trying that one to wait.

Maddie looks like she loves her Hawaiian dress!