You Seem Taller In Your Trip Reports. A Baby at WDW - *HOLY COW! AN UPDATE!* 4/17 p26

Looks like the kids were having a lot of fun at Legoland! That jousting horse ride cracks me up. :rotfl: And I LOVE the pictures of them on the bouncy ride thing. That is priceless!

Wait, yes I do.

IMG_2033.JPG

Lol this picture is awesome. :)

As always, really enjoying reading about your adventure. Love the beetle ride pictures - what fun! The baby is absolutely adorable :littleangel: Looking forward to more updates!

So, confine a 5 year old Lego fan with a Legoland map on a cruise ship for 4 days, and you get a lot of big plans for our next trip to Florida.

So if someone were to slip him a map of Legoland in Denmark...:scratchin

(Think about that for a second - 2 Madisons, 2 Evans. Holy cow, I need to sit down for a sec, I'm feeling light headed. Anyone have a paper bag to breathe into?)

Sounds like a lot of drama and bodychecks to me.

So the big morning arrived, and we packed up our park bags and made the 45 minute drive from Lakeland to Winter Haven through some...um..."sketchy" neighborhoods along the way. One of those Deliverance paddle-faster-I-hear-banjos kind of areas.

:scared: You're really selling this place!

I'm a bit confused by the sign. Ummm...we are here, aren't we?

Yeah, that's a bit existential for a theme park.

This may come as a bit of a shock, but just about everything was made out of Legos. Except the toilet seats - they were nice and smooth.

:rotfl2: Well, that's a relief. In more ways than one.

They then decided to take their little brother over to the local blacksmith so see if they could get him pounded into something cooler, like a sword or a frying pan or something. Smelting, anyone?

I love a good smelting in the morning.

Even though the lances are fixed on the horses, this was as close as the kids came to each other. Clearly, the attendant knew what he was doing. He could see it in their eyes that they would stop at nothing to knock their sibling off their horse. In a loving and caring way, of course.

Where's the fun in that? The lawyers are ruining everything.

Honestly, I have no idea where Evan gets his dramatics from.

Wait, yes I do.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Finishing up in Lego Kingdoms, we moved on to the Land of Adventure. (While overall, we really liked Legoland, their naming team could have worked just a little bit harder on some of their area names.)

Surely you explored The East Part Of Legoland or maybe The West Part Of Legoland. :confused3

Your vehicle doesn't spin, but your gun/zapper is handheld so you can spin and aim it where ever you want. Even at your kids! If you were into that kind of thing, I mean.

:rolleyes1

It does keep an LCD readout of your scores, but I didn't get a picture snapped of that. Rest assured, I won.

Uh huh.

I'll let the next series of photos tell the sad and tragic story of how Madison and Evan had to endure the perpetual up-and-down torture of the Beetle Bounce.

IMG_2037.JPG

NO!

Oh, the humanity!

Enough! Please, make it stop!

Oh, as for the lines, so far on this day we didn't wait more than 5 minutes for any ride. The place was just about empty!

mr-burns-excellent.jpg

Honestly, I have no idea where Evan gets his dramatics from.

IMG_2032.JPG

Wait, yes I do.

IMG_2033.JPG

Oh my....this is just too funny.
Just outside of Lost Kingdom Adventure was a ride called Beetle Bounce. It's a pretty straight forward bouncy upy and bouncy downy ride. (Sorry to use "amusement park insider" terms there. Did I ever tell you I was kidnapped and forced to work as a carny when I was little?) I'll let the next series of photos tell the sad and tragic story of how Madison and Evan had to endure the perpetual up-and-down torture of the Beetle Bounce.

IMG_2037.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

If I wasn't laughing hard enough on the "dramatics", this put me over the edge...I literally had to run to the ladies room. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Usually when we let the kids go on a ride by themselves, they come back to wherever we were watching them from and either ask to ride it again or we continue on our merry way. This time, however, they got off, gave us a look that clearly said "There is nothing you can say or do to prevent us from riding again" and hopped right back in line.

It's called independence! ;)

With all that excitement going on, I should probably calm things down a little bit with this....

IMG_2051.JPG

Oh, look at that little cutie pie...looks just like his mommy.

Shhh.....leave your comments quietly, the baby is sleeping.

up next: I can't believe we let these kids drive.

Great update, Barry. Legoland looks really cool for the kids.

Madison & Evan looked like they were having the time of their lives on that bouncy ride. Just by the photos you can hear them laughing! They just bring a smile your face.

Enjoyed the last couple updates! That sandwich at EoS looks great! (I should not read these updates before dinner, I guess). We did Winter/Summerland too...really fun theming! Of course, we didn't spring for the baby-strapped-to-your-chest bonus on that trip. I've never seen anything about Legoland, so that was neat to see what it is. Kids really must have loved that bouncy ride...cute! (Of course, I can't help but wonder if that guy next to them was also having the time of his life...:rotfl2:)

I enjoyed your last two updates. Mini golf looks fun, but I can never make myself play it at WDW. I would feel like I was wasting park time, I guess.
I felt that way too, but finally made time to go do it. It's worth the trip - the Disney courses are fantastic!
Those pictures of Evan and Madison on the "bouncy" ride are precious. They were having some serious fun!
They were giggling so hard that I couldn't turn myself away to dig out the video camera.

There are worse plans he could be coming up with. :confused3
Same plans he comes up with every day - taking over the world.

Wow. You'd be outgunned 5 to 2 and that's just if Ryder doesn't join the fun. :crazy2:
It won't be long before he's the mastermind behind all their schemes.

Maybe you should have consulted Evan before making that hike? :confused3
It didn't help that one path was shutdown, but not marked on the map.:sad2:
Sketchy neighbors and employees that show up with rollers in their hair. You're really selling it! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::rotfl:
Nah, the sketchy neighbors were about half way between Lakeland and Winter Haven, and you wouldn't even pass that neighborhood if you were coming from Disney. I got nuttin' on the hair rollers, though.
Hmmmm... a castle, an adventure themed land. Seems like I've seen this story before somewhere. :scratchin
Universal?:confused3

That guy in the bottom left looks like Indiana Jones as played by Elvis Presley.

With a soul patch. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
Just a hunk-a hunk-a burning snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?

If this was Mark's TR, I'd be calling this a lie.
But it's not, so you have to believe it.
I can tell from your pictures. One of the first things that stands out is the lack of people in the background. Looks like you broke in when they were closed or something.
Breaking and entering is against the law. But climbing over the fence is not breaking anything, so I think technically we didn't break the law.

i dont see the baby in the family picture on the ride? was there a convenient carrying pouch to store luggage on the ride.:)
You know those bins that you can store your backpacks in when you get on the ride? They had nothing to do with where we left the baby. I was just wonder if you knew about them. We left the baby in the semi-capable hands of Bambi's parents while we rode. What harm can they do it 15 minutes?

Looks like the kids were having a lot of fun at Legoland! That jousting horse ride cracks me up. :rotfl: And I LOVE the pictures of them on the bouncy ride thing. That is priceless!
Yes, they were having a blast there!

Lol this picture is awesome. :)
She's a bit over the top, but anything less just wouldn't be Madison.:thumbsup2

As always, really enjoying reading about your adventure. Love the beetle ride pictures - what fun! The baby is absolutely adorable :littleangel: Looking forward to more updates!
Thanks! I'm falling behind on this TR, but hopefully I can run off a string of quality, thought-provoking and inspiring entries. On the other hand, just posting a bunch of cute kid pictures would be easier :scratchin

So if someone were to slip him a map of Legoland in Denmark...:scratchin
He probably wouldn't be able to read it. He's having a hard enough time with English, let along Denmarkian or whatever they talk over there.

Sounds like a lot of drama and bodychecks to me.
Two Evans, working together, would have gotten you in front of that bus.

:scared: You're really selling this place!
Like I told Andy, the sketchy areas were quite a ways away from Legoland. You actually drive through a very nice area of Winter Haven to get there. And it's right across the street from a Kmart. Just in case you need some boxer shorts.

Yeah, that's a bit existential for a theme park.
Hold on a sec, I've got to Google that word.

:rotfl2: Well, that's a relief. In more ways than one.
The toilet paper, on the other hand...

I love a good smelting in the morning.
Did you know that they use coke in the smelting process? Or if they're going for a lighter metal, they use diet coke.

Where's the fun in that? The lawyers are ruining everything.
Get rid of the laws, and you get ride of the lawyers. I'm just sayin...

Surely you explored The East Part Of Legoland or maybe The West Part Of Legoland. :confused3
We never got that far, but we did go to that part just over the hill and the other area with the tall thing.

Enough! Please, make it stop!
Not until we shake all the giggle out!

Oh my....this is just too funny.
You've met her. You're not surprised, are you?

If I wasn't laughing hard enough on the "dramatics", this put me over the edge...I literally had to run to the ladies room.
I hope you made it in time. :thumbsup2

It's called independence!
You've raised two kids to adulthood. This "independence" thing stops, right? And they go back to doing everything you tell them to, right? RIGHT??

Oh, look at that little cutie pie...looks just like his mommy.
Lucky kid. :thumbsup2

Great update, Barry. Legoland looks really cool for the kids.
They were having a great time!

Madison & Evan looked like they were having the time of their lives on that bouncy ride. Just by the photos you can hear them laughing! They just bring a smile your face.
I can still hear the squealing laughter every time I look back at those pictures.

Ryder's like eh little help here, I can't really see! So cute
He didn't have his core muscles very strong yet, so there was a of tipping on this trip.

Enjoyed the last couple updates! That sandwich at EoS looks great! (I should not read these updates before dinner, I guess). We did Winter/Summerland too...really fun theming! Of course, we didn't spring for the baby-strapped-to-your-chest bonus on that trip. I've never seen anything about Legoland, so that was neat to see what it is. Kids really must have loved that bouncy ride...cute! (Of course, I can't help but wonder if that guy next to them was also having the time of his life...:rotfl2:)
You'd be surprised what you're capable of doing with a baby strapped to your chest. Speaking of which - any baby pictures floating around out there?

If riding a bouncy ride with my kids doesn't give you the time of your life, you need professional help. ;)

I can see us going to Legoland in the future. Great pictures!

The pics of Madison & Eva on the bouncy thing-a-muh-jiggy are priceless!!! :thumbsup2

Looks like Ryder was partying it up in that stroller. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

You know those bins that you can store your backpacks in when you get on the ride? They had nothing to do with where we left the baby. I was just wonder if you knew about them. We left the baby in the semi-capable hands of Bambi's parents while we rode. What harm can they do it 15 minutes?

although those bins would probably work as well.
:)

gotcha i didnt remember they were there.:headache:

You'd be surprised what you're capable of doing with a baby strapped to your chest. Speaking of which - any baby pictures floating around out there?
So far, I've taken the dog for walks, done some laundry, and done some DIS-ing with a baby strapped to my chest...but no mini-golf! :rotfl:

There are indeed some pictures. The Dec. 2013 PTR link in my signature will get you there. Table of Contents in the first post and there are links to pictures towards the end of the list. I just posted her newborn photos tonight!

I can see us going to Legoland in the future. Great pictures!
They position themselves for the under-12 crowd and they do a good job!

Looks like Ryder was partying it up in that stroller. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
I think I'll hang a disco ball from the ceiling for him.

although those bins would probably work as well.
:)
:thumbsup2

So far, I've taken the dog for walks, done some laundry, and done some DIS-ing with a baby strapped to my chest...but no mini-golf! :rotfl:

There are indeed some pictures. The Dec. 2013 PTR link in my signature will get you there. Table of Contents in the first post and there are links to pictures towards the end of the list. I just posted her newborn photos tonight!
She's adorable!

Two Evans, working together, would have gotten you in front of that bus.

I believe this. I'm sure they would have stolen my wallet too.

Like I told Andy, the sketchy areas were quite a ways away from Legoland. You actually drive through a very nice area of Winter Haven to get there. And it's right across the street from a Kmart. Just in case you need some boxer shorts.

But Kmart sucks.

After the kids got off the Beetle Bounce for the second time, we were able to corral them, force then into a corner and get them tied up and tossed over the stroller so we could continue on down the path in the Land of Adventure for about another 17 feet. There we came to Pharaoh's Revenge. I would have thought something like Pharaoh's Revenge would have more Biblical-type plagues: rivers of blood, mass genocide of slaves, raining frogs, etc. But it was just a two story mesh tent type structure with air cannons that shot foam balls at other kids. Still fun, and probably easier to get past the legal team. While the kids played, I commiserated with a pretty stubborn looking donkey.

IMG_2052.JPG

Continuing on, the next attraction was Safari Trek. Think Kilimanjaro Safari, but the animals are made out of Lego. And no corny poaching story line.

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

The ride vehicles are tiny (at least to me) safari Jeeps that the kids get to "drive." It's not a very long track, and you can see all of the animal displays from outside the attraction, negating the need to cram your rear end into what's essentially an oversized Power Wheel.

Next Stop: Coastersaurous!

IMG_2064.JPG

It's a long, wooden roller coaster. Lots of hills and you really get some speed going on it. The biggest problem is that while it's two across seating, there is only one lap bar. Thus, it stops when it hits the larger person's thighs. And if a larger person (like me) is riding with a smaller person (like Madison) the smaller person doesn't get the benefit of the restraint system, sending her sliding across the seat with each turn and up into the air with each hill. Oh, don't feel bad for her. That made the ride all the more enjoyable for the little daredevil.

This was also, unfortunately, the place where the camera battery died. And since we were also going to water park today, we packed very light and left our regular park bag at Grandma & Grandpa's house. You know the bag - the one that you keep your spare battery in. So, from here on out the pictures will be courtesy of my crappy iPhone camera and the waterproof camera.

Lunch was at the BBQ pit. Nice pull pork sandwich served on a pita bread. Interesting combination, but it worked quite well.

We continued on down the road to the next themed area - Lego City. Again, the Naming Department* came up with a bang-up descriptive name.

*Something tells me that this department actually exists within the Legoland corporate structure. And the best they could come up with for their own department name was Naming Department.

First stop: Boating School!

DSCF0536.JPG

DSCF0540.JPG

Yes, they let the kids actually take control of actual boats in actual water and drive them around a water track. And the attraction lived up to it's name of "Boating School." We, as parents, learned that our children should never be trusted to drive a boat. The next attraction down the path was "Driving School." Anyone care to guess what we learned there?

Actually, the Driving School was pretty neat. As the kids make their way through the queue line, they get their photo taken for an official Legoland Driver's License (available at the gift shop for $19.99) then sit through a 5 minute or so classroom briefing on how to drive the cars. They're taught all about stop signs, construction zones, stop lights, etc. The course even has a roundabout in the middle of it. But they didn't bother to teach that, because even most adults don't know how to work them.

After the lesson, the kids were let loose on road!

DSCF0549.JPG

DSCF0550.JPG

DSCF0554.JPG

I lost count of how many red lights, stop signs and yield signs my kids blew through. I don't know what the speed limit was, but I'm sure my kids exceeded it. So, basically, Driving School taught us the same thing that Boating School did: our kids will never be allowed to take control of a motor vehicle. What's next on the map?

Flying School.

Oh Crap.

Luckily, the kids were not allowed to take control of this one as it was just a roller coaster with the train suspended under the track, giving you the feeling of flying. I found a nice shady spot to feed Ryder while Bambi took the kids on the ride. They seemed to like it, but the Water Park was just down the path, it was hot, and we were all ready to go cool off.

We found our locker, stripped down to our bathing suits, and hit the water.

DSCF0555.JPG

DSCF0556.JPG

Of course Lego wasn't going to have just a generic water park. There were Lego water features for the kids to play with and giant floating Lego bricks in the lazy river that you could build with on your rafts.

DSCF0565.JPG

We moved on to the wave pool where Grandma & Grandpa took the kids out deep while Bambi and I stayed back in the shallow end with Ryder.

DSCF0570.JPG

He seemed....confused... whenever a wave would wash up against him.

The rest of our time in the water park was spend sans-camera as the bigger kids played in the giant interactive water play area complete with giant water bucket drop, squirting fountains, slides, water guns, etc.

We watched the kids play with one eye and kept a close watch on the rapidly approaching storm clouds with the other. The kids wanted to go do the tube slides, but we could see the line was quite long and the dark clouds were coming up fast. We decided to abandon the jam-packed water park and head back out into the relative emptiness of the rest of Legoland.

UP NEXT: Well, the rest of Legoland I guess.

After the kids got off the Beetle Bounce for the second time, we were able to corral them, force then into a corner and get them tied up and tossed over the stroller so we could continue on down the path in the Land of Adventure for about another 17 feet. There we came to Pharaoh's Revenge. I would have thought something like Pharaoh's Revenge would have more Biblical-type plagues: rivers of blood, mass genocide of slaves, raining frogs, etc. But it was just a two story mesh tent type structure with air cannons that shot foam balls at other kids. Still fun, and probably easier to get past the legal team. While the kids played, I commiserated with a pretty stubborn looking donkey.

IMG_2052.JPG

A striking resemblance if I do say so myself since I've met you in person. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Continuing on, the next attraction was Safari Trek. Think Kilimanjaro Safari, but the animals are made out of Lego. And no corny poaching story line.

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2057.JPG

The ride vehicles are tiny (at least to me) safari Jeeps that the kids get to "drive." It's not a very long track, and you can see all of the animal displays from outside the attraction, negating the need to cram your rear end into what's essentially an oversized Power Wheel.

Next Stop: Coastersaurous!

IMG_2064.JPG

The themeing is fabulous and you did great with the pictures. Good you learned early in your kids' lives to never let them steer a boat or a car...if you think you worry about them now, just wait!

Great update, Barry.

Maybe you should lay off the cheese for a while? :confused3

Think Kilimanjaro Safari, but the animals are made out of Lego. And no corny poaching story line.
And with a more active lion. :rolleyes1 :lmao:

We, as parents, learned that our children should never be trusted to drive a boat.
Hey, as long as nobody drowned, that's what's important! :rotfl:

The course even has a roundabout in the middle of it. But they didn't bother to teach that, because even most adults don't know how to work them.
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: I don't know why engineers these days are in love with those things. Mark???

It is a good thing they have such a tall curb there. The lego man walking the lego dog would probably have to be rebuilt several times a day otherwise.

I lost count of how many red lights, stop signs and yield signs my kids blew through. I don't know what the speed limit was, but I'm sure my kids exceeded it. So, basically, Driving School taught us the same thing that Boating School did: our kids will never be allowed to take control of a motor vehicle. What's next on the map?
Well, they can't be much worse than a certain pickup truck driver in your neighborhood. :lmao::rotfl2:

Flying School.
I feel the need.
The need for speed.

Luckily, the kids were not allowed to take control of this one as it was just a roller coaster with the train suspended under the track, giving you the feeling of flying.
Darn, that would have been really interesting.

giant floating Lego bricks in the lazy river that you could build with on your rafts
That sounds pretty awesome. Where are the pictures of those?

UP NEXT: Well, the rest of Legoland I guess.
Did you consult the Lego Naming Department for your teaser? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter