You might be a redneck if.......

Gumbo4x4

Note to the ladies who forgot to
So I'm watching this show the other night, and the sheriff is investigating the hijacking of a cattle truck (as if that's not redneck enough), and he's going over the contents of the trailer with the rancher. 42 market steers at 36,xxx pounds.

And, instantly I know that's not nearly enough weight for that many market steers. I'm guessing most city folks wouldn't have caught that :rotfl:

Feel free to add your own "you might be a _______" moments :thumbsup2

That was Longmire, a show my DH and I both LOVE (if you haven't read the books, they are great, too).

Whenever I tell our extended families back in the cities of SE WI what we've been doing up here in the wilds of the UP, it always sounds like a redneck joke ;). Ex: you know our kids are rednecks because the first day of deerhunting is a school holiday...

Terri

So I'm watching this show the other night, and the sheriff is investigating the hijacking of a cattle truck (as if that's not redneck enough), and he's going over the contents of the trailer with the rancher. 42 market steers at 36,xxx pounds.

And, instantly I know that's not nearly enough weight for that many market steers. I'm guessing most city folks wouldn't have caught that :rotfl:

Feel free to add your own "you might be a _______" moments :thumbsup2

That was Longmire, a show my DH and I both LOVE (if you haven't read the books, they are great, too).

Whenever I tell our extended families back in the cities of SE WI what we've been doing up here in the wilds of the UP, it always sounds like a redneck joke ;). Ex: you know our kids are rednecks because the first day of deerhunting is a school holiday...

Terri

I might be a city slicker because:

I have NO IDEA what either of you are talking about... :confused3

Telling your boss you were late for work because you got stuck behind a tractor is a legitimate excuse

How about - you might be a redneck if you know what " dark thirty" means.

30 minutes after dark

There are so many things I have learned in the 18 years that I have know my DH! He is from a very small dual town in southern MO about 15 minutes from Arkansas.

How about - you might be a redneck if you know what " dark thirty" means.

30 minutes after dark

There are so many things I have learned in the 18 years that I have know my DH! He is from a very small dual town in southern MO about 15 minutes from Arkansas.

What town?

Oh come on, you're in Iowa now, right? You should be learning these things ;)

I consider myself to be in a rather contented self-imposed exile. :thumbsup2

Jokes aside, I've learned that somebody from my background shouldn't use the term redneck, lest I offend anybody.

Telling your boss you were late for work because you got stuck behind a tractor is a legitimate excuse

Yep. Lots of tractors out today because so many are doing their first cutting of hay. It's late because of all the rain we have had. I don't have to worry because my boss would understand that excuse since I work on a farm :thumbsup2.

Although WE don't qualify as rednecks, lol, my DD went to HS where one of the local kids in her graduating class drove his HUGE John Deere tractor to Project Graduation and parked it in the parking lot. So funny to see him pull out when I went to pick her up at 6:00 am.

I consider myself to be in a rather contented self-imposed exile. :thumbsup2

Jokes aside, I've learned that somebody from my background shouldn't use the term redneck, lest I offend anybody.

Yeah, same reason white people avoid the n word.

The term is batted around pretty casually since Jeff Foxworthy became popular. But, in my youth, it was always intended as an insult, even among rural folks. Rednecks were (excrement) disturbers, and not thought of in much regard. In "Footloose", Chuck was a "redneck" while Willard was not. :lmao:

Although WE don't qualify as rednecks, lol, my DD went to HS where one of the local kids in her graduating class drove his HUGE John Deere tractor to Project Graduation and parked it in the parking lot. So funny to see him pull out when I went to pick her up at 6:00 am.

Many classmates at my senior prom arrived not in limos but in tractors and even combines!

Even more embarrassing because this goes way beyond redneck to just plain bad parenting and white trash I know someone who has let their daughters go swimming in a pig trough! Not a repurposed pinterest project but a trough still in the pig field!!! :crazy2::scared1::headache::sick:

My apologies to those white trash I may have offended while typing this reply. ;)

Terri

Well you darn Yoopers always get the best days off :) Is the group still together? From a Troll:)

However there is a difference in being country/southern and redneck just as there is a difference in being a redneck and white trash :)

... when a youth, cow patties provided one of life's best little treasure-troves of fun?
(memories....)

... your honeymoon private pool/"hot tub" was a small, plastic kiddie pool of cold water on a cracked slab of concrete that some years previously held a singlewide trailer on the bride's parents' property?
(should do for our 25th anniversary, now that we have the "privacy" again - Google & Government be hanged!)

... you pee on the back porch?
(that's where the toilet is located, so it's that or do my business in the woods)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter