You know I love you when I let you plan my vacation - (FINAL RESULTS)

Where do you want me to stay

• Holiday Inn, 1300 N. Atlantic - $89.99

• Doubletree, 2080 N. Atlantic - $94.00

• Hampton Inn, 3425 N. Atlantic - $109.00

• Courtyard by Marriott, 3435 N. Atlantic - $98.00

• Holiday Inn Express - forgot to get address - $79.95

• Other - described below.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TnRobin

The prodical child
Okay, I know you guys are looking for hotels options at Port Canaveral. Some have expressed an interest in hotels other than the Raddisson. Well here is your chance to find out about one of the hotels. We are hoping to cruise again in May. Where do you want me to stay. I have listed my top five choices and the price that I was able to get based on the internet and AAA. If you have another choice, please feel free to post it and the price.

*****UPDATE*******

As of today, the Holiday Inn Express has the most votes. So I have called and made a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express in a Kid Suite. I will let you guys know what I think.

Anyone have anything they want me to look for or ask about. Please post here

I'd go with the Holiday Inn. Although it is the oldest of the five properties you listed, it is the best value for the rates you listed. And your kid(s) will LOVE the really cool kid's pool with slides and ladders and all sorts of cool stuff. And their adult pool is one of the largest in Cocoa Beach.

Actually do this on a "Fact-finding" mission. It seems as if you may have stayed at this resort Dave???

I am actually trying to stay at one that we know little about other than its location and outside appearance. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Also one thing I didn't note previously, I am trying to keep within $20 my Raddisson price range of $99. (for consistency)

I haven't stayed at any of them, but I took a "fact finding" tour in November when we went out to the Space Coast to meet Shirley!

I got out of the car to inspect the <b>Doubletree</b> and <b>Holiday Inn</b>. Although the Doubletree is newer than the Holiday Inn and the rooms are probably nicer, I liked the recreational facilities at the Holiday Inn much better.

I only drove by the other three hotels on your list. The <b>Hampton Inn</b> and <b>Courtyard by Marriott</b> are on the same piece of property and share a common parking lot. Although they aren't oceanfront, they're on the ocean side of A1A.

With the <b>Holiday Inn Express</b>, you'd have to cross A1A to get to the beach... but it <i>is</i> near the Cocoa Beach Pier (<a href="http://www.cocoabeachpier.com">link</a>).

Thanks for the info. I know there have been many a vacation, I would have liked to know what the hotels looked like before I got there. If they don't maintain the exterior, then I wouldn't expect the interior to be any better.

Do yourself a favor and avoid the Holiday Inn. We stayed there in February, 2001. It was dirty, unkept, and other than the pool and beach access it was disqusting. We have stayed at the Resort at Cocoa Beach, it was wonderful. The pool has water sprites, a beautiful fountain, clean rooms great beach access, an arcade and a good restaruant.

Originally posted by 1karen

Do yourself a favor and avoid the Holiday Inn. We stayed there in February, 2001. It was dirty, unkept, and other than the pool and beach access it was disqusting.
Originally posted by TnRobin

If they don't maintain the exterior, then I wouldn't expect the interior to be any better.

I've heard those comments about the Holiday Inn before. Granted, I haven't been inside a room there, but given how beautiful and well-maintained the grounds are, I wonder just how bad the rooms really could be?

We have stayed at the Resort at Cocoa Beach, it was wonderful. The pool has water sprites, a beautiful fountain, clean rooms great beach access, an arcade and a good restaruant.

I am trying to keep within $20 my Raddisson price range of $99. (for consistency)

I agree. The Resort on Cocoa Beach (<a href="http://www.vrivacations.com/Southeast/RCB/">link</a>) is the most spectacular property on the Space Coast. But it wasn't on Robin's list and their prices are well above the range that Robin's willing to pay.

I did price the "Resort" but for one nights lodging, I really want to keep it below $100. But thank for the input. That is what I am looking for. There may be others who wouldn't mind paying for the accomadations. they do look nice from the internet site.

TnRobin~
Have you tried http://roomsaver.com/roomsaver/results.asp?state_id=71&city_id=136? They have coupons for several you listed starting at $59.99! We have used them a couple times and been very satisfied. Our recent trip to Calif. we just printed their half price coupon for HI @ Fishermen's Wharf in SF and were most happy! Had no problems - we just let them know we had the coupon when we reserved. Might be worth a try....a penny save is a penny earned :smooth:

thanks for the money saving tips nana, I always like to save $$$. I will probalby use a coupon if they have one for the "winning" hotel.

Remember, what I am looking for is which hotel you guys want me to stay at and review for your future cruising needs.

I heard good things about Roomsavers. Unfortunately we aren't cruising until 3/02, so all the coupons are invalid. Hopefully once the New Years arrives, they will produce more coupons for the next year.

Remember, what I am looking for is which hotel you guys want me to stay at and review for your future cruising needs.

Well, I am kinda' curious if the Holiday Inn is as bad as 1karen says it is. But if you're not that courageous, I'd be interested in knowing about the Hampton Inn or the Courtyard.

I have been very happy with this board helping me to plan and reduce problems. Our experience there was not a good one. Do a search on my responses to the board and you will see I went over some of experience there. I still feel that the hotel was very old, they were trying to upgrade some of the rooms but the food and housekeeping was horrible. Perhaps things have changed for the better. But for you money I would stay somewhere else.

Do a search on my responses to the board and you will see I went over some of experience there.

Here is a <a href="http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=37793">link</a> to 1karen's previous comments.

Dave, here is my review on the Hampton Inn. We stayed there the night before our Sept 19 3-day.It was a nice newer property a nice size pool, with a path down to the beach ( a nice little walk,but certainly not a long one).We did go down to the beach and there was not alot of people out,it looked like there was chairs to rent ,but of course they where all locked up.The room was nicely decorated in a Florida/Tropical theme,the only thing I guess I didn't like was that the property wasn't right on the beach.I think we paid about $89.00+taxes.And it was sooooo exciting to get up that next morning a see that great big Boat!!:D :p :)

Okay, you guys, I may remove the HI. Just talked to the main reservation at HI. Was inquiring about the cost of a Scooby Doo Suite. When she asked which resort in Cocoa Beach, I told her the Express because I had heard a few not so nice things about the HI. SHE AGREED WITH ME. She had heard that many other times before.

Now when the sales agents agree that the resort may not be quiet as nice, I do tend to shy away from them.

Oh a Scooby Doo suite only runs $109.

Just talked to the main reservation at HI... When she asked which resort in Cocoa Beach, I told her the Express because I had heard a few not so nice things about the HI. SHE AGREED WITH ME. She had heard that many other times before.

Now when the sales agents agree that the resort may not be quiet as nice, I do tend to shy away from them.

<b>!!!</b>

We stayed at the Hampton Inn prior to our December 7-night cruise. It was really nice. It had a microwave, coffeemaker and refrigerator in the room. The room was spacious and really nice. The hotel offered a really nice continental breakfast with fruit, juice, cereal, danish etc. I used the internet computer in the lobby to send e-mails. The pool really looked nice and the hotel was close to the ocean.

What is the Scooby Doo suite?? Also to consider is the breakfast included at the HI Express. I would like to hear the quality of the breakfast as well.;)

We have also stayed at the Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach. We like the room and had an internet special of $89.00 for a King size bed. We have stayed there twice. I would like for you to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott since I haven't heard anyones opinion of this resort yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter