"You Guys Are Cast Members... Right?" - A December 2011 TR

marDgreen88

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone, and :welcome: Aboard the Disney Transportation System.
We're on our way to Marissa's First Trip Report!

:wizard: "You Guys Are Cast Members... Right?" - A December 2011 Trip Report :wizard:

Welcome to the Happiest Cruise That Ever Sailed! Hang on to your hats and glasses, cause this here's the WILDEST RIDE IN THE WILDERNESS!
Do not pull down on the safety bar, please. I will lower it for you.

Are ya dizzy yet?! Well, let that serve as your warning. This TR will be a tad insane. Seriously. I want you to know what you're getting yourself into!
This is my first TR ever. :yay: Also, I tend to go off on tangents that seemingly have nothing to do with anything. You HAVE been warned!

So, who am I, you ask? Well, I'll be your skipper, alligator wrestler, swim instructor, oh, and TR WRITER...

Marissa:

388182_2386952004432_1569750063_32005279_663620495_n.jpg

I'm 23 and a total Disney FANATIC. Even though I've always been a huge Disney fan, my first trip to the World was only in June of 2010. I was 21. :scared1:
This was NOT my choice, I can assure you. I begged and pleaded with my parents for as long as I can remember to take me to Disney World. They just thought it would be too expensive. Well finally, they realized that not every Disney vacation had to be the cost of a private island, and we started looking into it. (I say WE, even though I had been looking into it since we first had Internet access when I was in 5th grade… just sayin’ yall.) I didn't hold out hope of course, because for 21 years I had been dreaming of going to Disney, but had never been able to go. Finally, WE WENT TO DISNEY, and it was the best vacation I had ever been on by leaps and bounds. In fact, my mom called it my ‘pilgrammage to mecca.’ My love for anything and everything Disney went THROUGH THE ROOF. I’ve now been to
The Most Magical Place on Earth three times, and that number is only going to keep growing and growing!

But enough about me... aren't you wondering who I went to Disney with?

Amanda:

406610_10151077678420177_820575176_22144560_1094475337_n.jpg

Amanda is one of my best friends. Although we went to middle and high school together, we only started getting close when we randomly realized that we would be going to the same college... 500 miles away from home. Eventually we discovered that we were both Disney freaks, and the rest is pretty much history. I also recently introduced her to the DIS, and her name on here is msmandapanda! She hasn't started posting yet but I think she will for this TR. She has been one of my travel buddies on two of my three trips to Disney, but she has been going with her family since she was a lot younger.
This trip was her 9th.

Kristen:

407971_10151077821630177_820575176_22145491_1555629073_n.jpg

Kristen is actually Amanda's sister! She's almost exactly three years younger than me, but when it comes to Disney bonding, age doesn't matter! Just like Amanda, she has been one of my travel buddies on two of my three trips. Also like Amanda, this was her 9th trip. Unlike Amanda, however, she brought along a special guest on this trip, which leads us to...

Ryan:

386483_10150479601574432_616429431_8703241_1305478475_n.jpg

Ryan is Kristen's boyfriend of two years. He went to Disney a few times when he was younger, but this was his first trip in EIGHT years! This trip was also special for him because we got to celebrate his birthday!

Sally:

400133_10151077677255177_820575176_22144555_802927146_n.jpg

Sally has lived two houses down from Amanda and Kristen forever, and I have been friends with her since middle school. She went to Disney a few times when she was younger, but hadn't been on a real Disney trip in years. She, Amanda, Kristen, and I had been wanting to go to Disney together for about three years, and it finally worked out! This was her 4th trip.

There is one last (but certainly not least) member of our group that I need to introduce, who actually played a big part in getting us down to Disney!

Jenelle:

386424_10151077815860177_820575176_22145461_467310923_n.jpg

Jenelle is a Disney Cast Member! She went to the same college as me and Amanda, and they were in a choir together. She was the reason that Amanda, Kristen, and I were able to go to Disney last December, too. She was in the Disney College Program and, a year after finishing, is living in Florida and still working for Disney! She very generously gave us a Cast Member discount for our hotel room, which we VERY much appreciated. She'll be making appearances here and there in the TR.

386656_10151077716730177_820575176_22144853_1080726948_n.jpg

...and there you have it! I WOULD tell you all the details, but don't you think it's more fun to find out as you go along? I do!

Also, if anyone is reading, please feel free to comment! I would love to get to know you and read anything and everything you have to say! :wave2:
I was a lurker for a little while but it's so much more fun to be involved, I promise!

So if you're ready, I would ask that you please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the trip report at all times.
Oh, and flash photography? I wouldn't. It alters the homing signal and that's not good. Now, LET'S GO GET THAT DINO! :woohoo:

Continued in Next Update

Chapter Links...

Day 1- Wednesday, December 14, 2011:
The One Where I Spontaneously Combust
The One Where I Cry Behind My Sunglasses. A Lot.
The One With A Hop, Skip, and A Boat Ride
The One With Fantasy Galore, and Also A Few Ghosts
The One With A Triple Mountain Whammy
The One With A Tiny Bit of Ice Cream
The One Where We Don't Know Our Room Number

Day 2- Thursday, December 15, 2011:
The One Where Casey Jr. Thrills Every Jack and Jill
The One Where We Celebrate Friendship Day
The One With FUN and ADVENTURE. "Did Someone Say Adventure?" Part 1!
The One With FUN and ADVENTURE. "Did Someone Say Adventure?" Part 2!
The One Where We Venture To A Place That Is NOT A Zoo
The One Where We Go With the FLOOOOOW!
The One In the Jingle Jangle Jungle
The One With the Third Park of the Day
The One With Seatbelt Problems and Lots and Lots of Lights!
The One Where We Use Our IMAGINATIONS!
The One Where There's An EXPLOSION... In the Sky

Day 3- Friday, December 16, 2011:
The One With the World of the Future Part 1!
The One With the World of the Future Part 2!
The One With Fire and Ice Cubes Part 1!
The One With Fire and Ice Cubes Part 2!
The One With A Series of Unfortunate Events
The One With An Unnecessary Bus Ride
The One With Lots of Swooning
The One With the Main Street Train Station

Day 4- Saturday, December 17, 2011:
The One With the Road to Recovery
The One With Some Good Old Fashioned CELEBRATIN'
The One With Main Street and A Mickey Bar
The One With Extremely Solo Adventures in Tomorrowland
The One With "LUCAAAAAS!"
The One Where the Gang's (Finally) All Here!
The One Where Pete's Creepy and So Is That Bride

Day 5- Sunday, December 18, 2011:
The One With A Prehistoric Goodbye
The One With All the Stuff I Bought
The One Where I Wrap It Up Part 1!
The One Where I Wrap It Up Part 2!

Subscribing! Since we had one day of overlapping on our vacations, I'm excited to see if my husband and I appear in the background of any of your photos, haha.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR PICTURE WITH EUGENE<3 My Prince!!!! I'm so jealous. He doesn't do M&Gs anymore and I am really NOT okay with that!

I can't believe your parents wouldn't take you to Disney all those years and you were obsessing over it and wanting to go so bad and couldn't. My brain would have exploded. You are a strong woman!

Wooohoooo!! Can't wait for more!

I am sooo in!!! It looks like such a fun group. I can't wait to read all about it!!

I'm in, too! And making sure to say hi and not lurk. I have no idea why I lurk sometimes, but since I'm here early enough, I'm definitely letting you know I'm here and reading along! Looks like it is going to be one really fun trip. :)

Hi Marissa!! I'm following over from Sarah's TR! Can't wait to read about your trip. I live in the Orlando area (used to be a CP/Intern/Seasonal) and I'm now a teacher but I stayed at WDW in Dec with my family...I wonder if it was the same week!?

I'm here!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. It sounds like you went with quite the fun, Disney-loving bunch.

I love your mom's 'pilgrimage to mecca' line. It's just too accurate. :rotfl:

Also joining in! Knowing a CM sure has its perks, doesn't it? :thumbsup2

Joining in! Gotta give you credit for waiting out those 21 long years to finally go to Disney. I waited 13 and thought I held the record... boy was I wrong lol Sounds like it was a fun trip, can't wait to read all about it! :mickeyjum

I'm in! Wow I can't believe you had to wait so long to get to Disney, you poor girl! Glad you're making up for lost time, now! :thumbsup2

I'm in like Flynn (and even though that saying originated for Errol Flynn, I think we can all agree that it should really be Flynn Rider)! Great start...can't wait to read more!

I'm in!!

You have my sympathy for waiting so long for a trip to Disney. You've earned this!

Jenelle is AWESOME for helping you guys with the discounts. That was super generous of her. :goodvibes

Subbing! Looks like a really fun group. We were just there in early December and I am in the midst of major withdrawal right now, so I'm trying to fix it by reading a ton of TRs! Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter