You guys always ask whether Disney does anything I like, Well...

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by YoHo, May 5, 2007.

1. YoHo

YoHo If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.

In Connection with Disney's Environmentality program, the Disneyland railroad as of it's early april rehab now runs on a BioDiesel mix.

Disney has a booth at Fullerton Railroad days with various handouts for the kids, pictures and documents about the changeover.
    I was discussing with the cast member what other Attractions might be switched over. I asked about the subs which have always run on Diesel. They will be running Bio when the Reopen. The next thing they're looking at is the Mark Twain riverboat.

The booth is right next to the C.K. Holiday and the Kalamazoo handcar if you're in SoCal and have a free day tomorrow, it would be worth checking out these original Disneyland attractions.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and

I'll admit.. I clicked on this thread expecting to see a near empty post with just the words..

"I don't"

In the middle. :)

This is cool thanks for posting that. Wonder if they are persuing a similar program in Florida.. ?

Knox

4. YoHo

Almost forgot, While sitting in the engine talking with the Cast member/Engineer, he pointed out they have in cab signaling with a sensor in the cow catcher that will automatically apply the brakes if he violates a block. The signals on the line are strictly for the conductors so they know when they've been in the station long enough. This is some neat technology that even the real railroads are working on.

Also, For a Disney/Walt history buff, Michael Broggie was there as usual signing his books and selling memorabilia for the Carolwood Pacific Historical society

5. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

who would have guessed Yoho was an environmentalist?

All this pro-Disney talk for you. Next thing you know he'll post how wonderful Chester&Hester's Dino-rama is.

6. YoHo

I'm no environmentalist. Conservationist yes.

Environmentalist is a political designation.

7. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

Hmmmmm......I noticed you didn't deny the second part of my post.....interesting.......

8. Andrew Bichard

Andrew Bichard DIS Veteran

BioDiesel is only a short term fix for the environment. Better than nothing but...

What if deforestation of the rainforests speeds up so that valuable biofuel crops can be grown?

What if fewer food grains are grown so that more biofuel grains can be grown .. will this mean less surplas grain to send as food aid?

Will the price of bread go up?

Andrew

9. Another Voice

Another Voice Charter Member of The Element

Since Disney serves nothing but fried chicken fingers and french fries these days - I'd say they have a huge resource for fuel already on property (provided they actually change out the fry oil from time to time, there have been rumors that "recycling" has already been going on...).

10. MasterShake

MasterShake Sir, you are drunk……………… And you, madam, are ugly.

11. Another Voice

Humor.

It's lost on people.

12. YoHo

I was actually going to comment on this, because I don't know if it's recycled or not, but think of the synergy.

BioDiesel smells like the fry oil used to cook french fries, So while riding the train, you work up a need for french fries and rush over to the McDonalds Fry cart. The Oil they use to make your fries is filtered and fed back into the trains thus making them smell like Fries more making you want more fries etc etc etc. Marketing genius I tells ya.

13. mitros

mitros <font color=red>I'm not nuts, I just appear to be<

Never mind filtering the odor back to the folks on the train, the odor will flow throughout the park as the train makes it's umpteen trips around the MK. There will be a MAD RUSH to the fries cart. I guess they will just have to add a few more fry carts to take up the overflow. Sounds like a perfect vicious cycle to me,. ride the train, crave the fries, ride the train back to the front gate crave the fries again, it's a perfect plan. I just feel sorry for the potato farmers in Idaho!

14. WebmasterCricket

WebmasterCricket <font color=blue>Administrator<br><font color=red>

Always looking forward, I hear they are tearing out half the lockers at the front gates and opening up a rib spreader rental counter. Could possibly even carry DIY angioplasty kits and "My Pal Micky, now with defibrillator and bonus paramedic outfit!"

15. I'mNoPrince

I'mNoPrince <font color=darkorchid>AlterEgo tmt martins<br><fo

Now thats the YOHO we have all learned to know and enjoy

16. Lord Fantasius

Lord Fantasius Mouseketeer

And the purpose of getting off the train is...

Why not just put the fry carts in each car and be done with it. The more artery-clogging fries people eat, the faster and more environmentally friendly the train becomes. And once they put McDonalds on the train, might as well put a Starbucks cart right next to it! Think of the revenue, the satisfaction, the indigestion!

I'm assuming each train stop will have expanded bathroom facilities?

-R

17. EUROPACL

EUROPACL DIS Veteran

Why not just make the seats on the train toilet seats...you know methane is a great fuel too.

18. Another Voice

Yes, pay toilets.

19. firemanx

firemanx DIS Veteran

u know all restaurants everywhere recycle there fry oil.

20. YoHo

Well, not all resturants everywhere, but that wasn't the frickin point you know.

21. YoHo

I hate this webserver