You go so often, why don't you just move there? A Sept 2013 PTR- UPDATE 9/7!! Travel!

i'm joining in! i don't know if i could live in florida---i might end up spending all my time at the beach or Disney and forget to, you know, actually work! :rotfl:

i loved your picture from the air (how did you get that?!?) and i got so excited when i saw your cruise ship picture! we've never cruised before but are planning on a Disney cruise in 2015. can't go wrong with that as a first cruise, i'm sure!

i have a PTR started for our January 2014 trip if you're looking for more to read. can't wait to hear more!

joining in! My husband and I are looking to leave the northern NJ area in the next year and a half and move down to the happiest place on earth! Def looking forward to reading more about your journey, and perhaps pick up some tips!!

Joining in! I planned my trip around the villains as well!

Plus i do have to say im extremely jealous of you moving to florida

Welcome! It's funny that I planned this trip for the Villains, when we will probably only get there for about an hour! I'm so excited about the new castle projection, too!

The move to Florida is very exciting, but it's stressing me out a little, right ow! :eek:

i'm joining in! i don't know if i could live in florida---i might end up spending all my time at the beach or Disney and forget to, you know, actually work! :rotfl:

i loved your picture from the air (how did you get that?!?) and i got so excited when i saw your cruise ship picture! we've never cruised before but are planning on a Disney cruise in 2015. can't go wrong with that as a first cruise, i'm sure!

i have a PTR started for our January 2014 trip if you're looking for more to read. can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for joining! Yeah, the two things that I am so excited about are the beach and Disney! Oh, and NO SNOW!!!

The pic from plane, I had a window seat and we were flying into Atlanta, from MCO. I'm not sure how it happened, because I had just been talking with my parents. If I hadn't looked over at that time, I would have missed it! The cruise ship is GORGEOUS!!! I want my first cruise to be a Disney cruise, too!

I checked out your PTR! I'll be going back over to it to finish reading and to subscribe!

joining in! My husband and I are looking to leave the northern NJ area in the next year and a half and move down to the happiest place on earth! Def looking forward to reading more about your journey, and perhaps pick up some tips!!

Oooh, yay, more people moving from the Northeast! I hope that I can give some tips, and feel free to contact me when you are looking to make the move and I am sure I will have some post-move advice!

We will be there September 17-25!! Staying a night at AoA and then the rest at The Contemporary! We've never gone in September, so really looking forward to it!!

Awesome! This is my first trip in September, too! I think the theming of AoA is amazing, I can't wait to check it out!

Oh my goodness, I COMPLETELY forgot you had started a PTR! And I found it totally by accident, but thank goodness I did! Anyways, luckily I didn't have too much to catch up on, so I'm definitely along for the ride now!

Haha! No worries! I almost forgot I was writing one, since it's been so crazy and busy since I posted last!

Wow, wow, wow! How did August fly by like that??? One second I was writing about my last trip to Florida for house hunting, and the next thing I know, it's TRIP MONTH and more importantly, MOVING MONTH!!! :scared::scared::scared: I am so not ready for my trip, let alone moving 1000 miles away!

So, how is the move going? Um, ummmm, ummm, well... Let's just say, I am mentally ready to be in Florida but there is this little matter of housing. What? That's right. I went back to Florida last weekend to look at housing and hopefully (prayers, good juju, positive thinking on your part, fingers crossed) we found a house to rent. I sent off the application and we're just waiting to hear back. So what happens if they pass on us? That is a VERY good question. We'll still be moving, but it may be into an extended stay hotel until we can find an apartment/townhome/house to rent. So, seriously, any prayers would be MOST appreciated. The area that I focused my search was Davenport. It's about 20 miles/ 25 minutes south of WDW. I've heard really good things about that area, and it's near Celebration (which I am OBSESSED with!)

celebration3.jpg

We had lunch at this adorable restaurant and the whole town has this art deco feel! I want to live there!!!!​

So, on this last trip, we did a lot of resort hopping, DTD visiting, driving from our SHADE-city hotel to my parent's new house, and just generally enjoying being in Florida!

But what I am so excited about, is to tell you all about our trip plans! Because guess what???

IT'S SINGLE DIGIT DANCE DAY!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Oh holy wow! I can't believe we are so so close!!!

My mom and I pack up the car early Saturday morning with our trip stuff and also things we won't need until after the move, and we're off!

We'll stop that evening in Florence, SC and leave Sunday morning for Orlando! Our actual Disney trip doesn't start until Wednesday, so we are in no rush.

We'll make the required stop at the Florida Welcome Center for OJ and grapefruit juice, and continue on to our DTD hotel. Not to be confused with the most horrible motel that we stayed in last week. This one is a Holiday Inn Express and it's just south of the DTD gate. So we'll probably have dinner there, and I am dying to try Wolfgang Puck Express for their mac and cheese!

Monday and Tuesday will be boring stuff, looking at furniture for the parent's house, and HOPEFULLY, getting the keys for my house (seriously, I'm super anxious to find out... I NEED to know!)

Wednesday is MAGIC KINGDOM morning! We're going to try to rope drop so my mom can see New Fantasyland!! And ride LM and see Enchanted Tales!

Then, we'll go over to drop of our luggage at OKW and explore the resort. Maybe do some swimming, maybe grab a drink at the gurgling suitcase? After, it's off to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations!!! I haven't seen that since 2009, I think, and I am so missing it!

Thursday morning I have a job fair to go to, cause you know, I need a job, too! And that afternoon, we'll transfer over to my favorite!!!

DSC_0646.jpg

BOARDWALK!!!! :dance3:

Once we're all settled and ready to go, we're off to Hollywood Studios for dinner at a place I haven't eaten at since 1995! (which I figured out was almost 20 years ago!!) When did I get so old???:rolleyes1

We may hit up Fanstasmic! or not... jury's still out if we want to go or not.

I am so so so excited for Friday! The morning we will be at Animal Kingdom! I am determined to show my mom how great it is! I can't wait to see FOTLK again and take a ride on the Safari!

And then, AND THEN!!! Guys- so exciting! It's MNSSHP night! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I am going crazy with excitement over this party! Like, epic amounts excited!!!!

So, Saturday is back to Hollywood (what can I say, I LOVE the theming!) for most of the day and maybe back to BW for a swim and a nap, and then we go BACK to MK for Wishes (yes, again! I'm trying to see it as many times as I can!) where there will be a possible DIS-meetup!

Sunday, oh Sunday. Can you believe that is the last day of our park hopping?! Thanks goodness we're moving there, otherwise this day would be sooooo sad! :idea:

Sunday holds Epcot alllll day. I LOVE Epcot. Love it. World Showcase, Future World, all of it.

But the best part of Sunday? Dinner at 9:15 at BE OUR GUEST!!!!!! :wizard:

Guys, I can't even. :love: On my last trip, they were in soft opening and I was able to walk inside but didn't have time to wait in line to eat there.

There you go! Our park hopping days all spelled out. And Monday is boring- DTD for some morning shopping, drop stuff off at Mom and Dad's then head to the airport to go back to PA. For a week. Yup, one week later? We're packing the trucks and headed down.

I'll try to keep you guys posted on the move and the house and the job and the trip. I'm thinking about starting a blog to chronicle the move... If I do, I'll post it here, or in my eventual trip report!

Oh, sorry for the lack of pictures today... :headache:

Congrats to your parents on buying their house! It is so cute, and a palm tree in the front yard is always a good thing. It looks like you had a nice time while you were down there.

I hope that you hear some good news about your apartment soon!

The photo that you took from the airplane is gorgeous! It will definitely look great as a piece of art for your new place.

Your trip plans sound great, and you are so close now!! So exciting :goodvibes

Yay! Update with plans!

The AK/MNSSHP day is the 13th for you guys?! We’ll be at AK and I’ll be solo ish at MNSSHP that night toooooo!!

And we’ll be at DHS the morning after, bright idea right? EMH AM after being out til midnight? Baha Hopefully we can meet up at some point in one of those three adventures!!

I'm a little late to the game, but I'm joining in :mickeyjum I'll be in Disney the same week! :banana: Actually, I know you from IG, I'm bruinz442 :) Maybe we'll run into each other, we're doing EMH at MGM (yup, I'm old school :rotfl2: ) on Saturday and Sunday is the epic 4 parks one day, so we'll be at Epcot for a while before hopping to MK :tigger:

Well, we'll be in the same place Saturday night for Wishes, all day Sunday at Epcot, DTD on Monday (thought I don't know what time). If you don't find us, you're blind!:rotfl:

GOOD LUCK on your housing application! Keep me updated.

We will be at AK the same day :).

Lots of pixie dust for you!!!! Hopefully you get all the right answers

Welcome, welcome! I'm so glad you're here! It seems that there are a lot of us that will be down that weekend, that's so exciting!

When in the spring are you going to move? I'm super excited to get down there and get started on the next chapter of my life!

So as it turns out, we probably won't be going down this month. (Well, my bf might go, but that's a whole nother story lol). I was looking forward to it, but I realized that with the move we're going to have to take another trip closer to then for apt hunting so I'd rather just save the money. :/ As of right now we're making the move March 1, but I'm hoping that Christmas might help us meet our (my) goal. I would move tomorrow if I had more funds for deposits and furniture and such! I can't wait either! I'm just so over my current work situation and ready to transfer to a new and hopefully better location! Plus being able to go to Disney everyday would make it easier to deal with just about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I can't believe your trip/move is almost here!!! :dance3: Ahh I wish I was moving too! Someday, hopefully around this time next year I'll be getting ready to move down there! I'm just so over living in CT, I need to be near Disney! Have a great trip, good luck with your house!! :cool1::thumbsup2

Oooh, yay, more people moving from the Northeast! I hope that I can give some tips, and feel free to contact me when you are looking to make the move and I am sure I will have some post-move advice!

I def will make sure to email you and get all the tips you have! Our house just went on the market so its all up to that now!

Hey guys (All 5 or 6 of you reading! :lmao:)- I am unable to reply to you all right now, but I wanted to hop on to say- My journey to Disney starts
TODAY!!!!!!!

Not that I'm excited or anything! ;)

Today we drive to South Carolina, stop for the night, and roll into Orlando sometime around6 tomorrow. Sadly, we won't get to Disney until Wednesday, but we have TONS of things to do for my parent's house!

And no update on the house yet, we've done the application, the background check, and my realtor told me it looked good and we could be moving in by the end of the month. But, I'm freaking out a little because, you know, it's not a solid answer! But I am just trusting and believing in this whole process that this move is meant to be. And we are doing the right thing. Just keep reminding me of that when I'm freaking, k? Good, thanks!

Hope to have good news sooooo soon!:banana:

Oh, and I'll be tweeting from the parks, and of course, sharing my journey through Instagram, so FOLLOW ME!!! (You won't regret it! Unless, you hate too many pictures of happiness, pixie dust, fairy tales, palm trees, and Mickey Mouse himself!)

leaving for Disney? oh, happy day! have a great time! and i'm sure all will work out with the house and you'll have more happy news to share! i'm not on instagram, but your promise of pixie dust, fairy tales and MICKEY make me think I should get on there! :laughing: have a great time! can't wait to hear all about the trip!

I have a place to live!!!!! And a JOB!!!!!! Wknjdjngjergng!!!

Now I just need my FL drivers license so I can get my AP!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter