You get to choose our Resort!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by chodnett, Jan 24, 2010.

1. chodnett

chodnett Eat Mor Chikin

Hello all!

My wife and I are in the process of planning our next trip and we have come to a stand-still.

She wants to stay in All-Star Movies. She's a big fan of Fantasia and 101 Dalmations so the theme is right up her alley.

I want to stay in POP Century. I love the fact that it's a bit closer to DTD and it has it's own Bus stop/pick-up.

So............ you guys can pick it for us.

Where should we stay and why?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Minniemama350

Minniemama350 DIS Veteran

Well...I love POP My whole family loves POP! We love the layout, the theme, the whimsy, the giftshop items you can't get at the others, the music, the foodcourt(tyedyed cheesecake!!)! One thing we don't love is the bus wait to come back to the resort, but we have found ways around it(shop or have a late desert after wishes before trying to get the bus). That said...you know your wife and if she will be happy with your choice.

4. MinnieVanMom

MinnieVanMom DIS Veteran

Happy wife, happy life.

5. special ed teacher

special ed teacher all kids can learn

It might be easier if you made this a poll.

6. Mom2tmha

Mom2tmha Mouseketeer

I vote for POP :)

7. ds99

ds99 Mouseketeer

Do a split stay! Half time at ASMovies and half at POP!

8. GrumpyBelle

GrumpyBelle DIS Veteran

If the wife is happy, everyone will be happy. Go with movies. Maybe she will agree to let you pick next time.

9. grace&philipsmom

grace&philipsmom DIS Veteran

Pop Century would be my vote!

10. LeahA

LeahA DIS Veteran

I've never stayed at movies, but we have stayed at POP, we really enjoyed POP! The theming was fun, the grounds were very clean and manicured, and the busses were great!

But to compromise, can you do a split stay????

11. KimWDW

KimWDW Disney Obsessed!

I would vote for Pop. I stayed there a bunch of times. Stayed at All Star Sports once... never again.

I like that Pop has its own bus. The food court is huge with a lot of choices.

12. PrincessTiffany

PrincessTiffany Is there anything better than Free Dining and Fast

We have stayed at both and All-Star Movies is our family fave. You are just totally immersed in the Disney magic!

13. MAGGIED

MAGGIED DIS Veteran

We have never stayed at ASM but we love POP... great food court, good busses, nice pools.... POP gets my vote!!

14. Gabes_mommy

Gabes_mommy Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fana

I just stayed at ASMovies in December. The resort itself is really cute, but the rooms haven't been rehabbed yet and our room was pretty beat up. Maybe suggest to your wife that you wait to stay there until it is rehabbed so you can enjoy it fully. :goodvibes

15. tww369

tww369 Mouseketeer

My vote is for PoP!

I've stayed at both (I'm a DVC owner now), I prefer PoP personally.

16. stitch34

stitch34 DIS Veteran

I say go with Movies. If you've never stayed there, is nice to try something new out, and seems like your wife would love it.

Buses and being a little closer to DTD aren't enough to convince me Pop is more worth it.

I do think Pop has more to it, more to explore, but Movies is nice with its smaller size and the theming is fun. They have old Pluto and other Disney cartoons in the rooms - just something fun to watch and we look forward to that!
    I do think Pop has a better food court though.

Like others said, why not a split stay?
    We LOVE Pop and Movies - We really enjoy Pop - but Movies, ah, guess it's just more sentimental to us, our first real trip we stayed there and kids love it. Just isn't a trip to Disney without staying at least one night there for us.

17. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

I love choosing other peoples resorts as much as my own:thumbsup2
    We have stayed at POP twice so that is my vote! We loved it there:lovestruc

18. megan926

megan926 DIS Veteran

19. lucigo

lucigo DIS Veteran

I have stayed at both. I liked the bus service better at Pop. Another thing that didn't work for me was that the internet port at Movies was next to the head of the bed, and at Pop it was by the table. I needed to use my laptop at the table so had an internet cord run across the room and ended up pulling my laptop off on the floor, grrr! I also like the food court at Pop, the Tv dinner, the ice cream, and the tie-dye cheesecake.

Both resorts were fun. Pop is newer, Movies is more traditional Disney. You will have fun at either one.