"You Can't Make Disney Your Permanent Residence." COMPLETE! 10/21 x 2

I am never, never bored by your TR's. :goodvibes I just went through severe Disney Withdrawl/depression after my trip in Jan. Especially since we have no new trip planned. I am hoping to get back in Sept/Oct in 2017 or 2018 which seems like SO FAR away. So anyway took me awhile to get back to the boards and then to start finally catching up on what all my favorite writers were up to. :)

So absolutley loving your trip so far and I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to comment on as I was reading through it but of course I had to stop midway through and then start up again a little bit ago and forgot about what I was going to say. :)

I do love all the Safari pictures and your ride photos and I have to say the picture of you on Dino was hilarious because that little girl in the middle seat looked so bored, like Oh look a huge dinosaur is going to eat us, ho hum. :)

Your daughter is gorgeous and as much as she hates getting her picture taken she always looks great.

I totally understand the frustration of people not wanting to get their picture taken. I love photos and take thousands of them. I would rather take too many pictures and delete some rather than wish I had taken more. I think I have told you before that my hubby calls me paparazzi and tells me the kids are going to go blind (even though I never use a flash). :rolleyes2 Anyway I am glad that she lets you take some.

Your pictures always look so amazing and clear. I am happy if mine are not blurry.

Looks like you had a great time at the MVMCP and you got some really nice pictures. Like the Osborne light pictures as well.

Your getting so close to your next trip in Oct. You are going to love the MNSSHP. We had such a great time when we went a few years ago.

Anyway happy to be following along again and looking forward to more. :)

I am never, never bored by your TR's. :goodvibes I just went through severe Disney Withdrawl/depression after my trip in Jan. Especially since we have no new trip planned. I am hoping to get back in Sept/Oct in 2017 or 2018 which seems like SO FAR away. So anyway took me awhile to get back to the boards and then to start finally catching up on what all my favorite writers were up to. :)

I can so understand that. It does seem like a long time away. I know I have been so spoiled by having this "AP year". I can not even believe I'm about to go back. And Thanks for calling me one of your favorite writers :cool1:

I do love all the Safari pictures and your ride photos and I have to say the picture of you on Dino was hilarious because that little girl in the middle seat looked so bored, like Oh look a huge dinosaur is going to eat us, ho hum. :)

She does. I love looking at everyone's reactions in ride photos. They're funny.

I totally understand the frustration of people not wanting to get their picture taken. I love photos and take thousands of them. I would rather take too many pictures and delete some rather than wish I had taken more. I think I have told you before that my hubby calls me paparazzi and tells me the kids are going to go blind (even though I never use a flash). :rolleyes2 Anyway I am glad that she lets you take some.

I'm totally with you obviously. I'm afraid she will totally regret it when she's an old lady! She did say the other day that she maybe understands why it's good to have pictures of fun times. She says she will co-operate more as long as I promise I don't show them to anyone without her permission. Fair enough.

Your pictures always look so amazing and clear. I am happy if mine are not blurry.
Looks like you had a great time at the MVMCP and you got some really nice pictures. Like the Osborne light pictures as well.

Thank you, but a lot of that is I have the best camera. I swear it makes such a difference.
I did love the party. I'd seen the lights before but it wasn't until this time that I was really impressed.

Your getting so close to your next trip in Oct. You are going to love the MNSSHP. We had such a great time when we went a few years ago.

Anyway happy to be following along again and looking forward to more. :)

Oh and I can not wait! Less than 2 months. It's almost here.
I figure if I loved the Christmas party, I will really love the Halloween party. Still trying to decide if I should do it once or twice.

So happy to have you back! And there will be more soon :)

This day was Saturday, the 7th of December. It was the 9th day of our vacation.

I’m sad to say that once again I have zero notes for this day. Nothing at all. Ok, that’s not true. I have 1. my schedule from that trip (that you Google Docs), my pictures, and my memory. Let’s see what I can throw together from that.

Oh, and my schedule? We must have changed our plans, because for this day my schedule shows fastpasses at HS, but all the days pictures and my memories are of Epcot. I guess we were tired of Hollywood Studios and changed our minds.

I also don’t remember how we started the morning, but I remember meeting up with the family at The Land around lunch time.

They had just put up these displays of Disney park icons made out of food. I want to say it was chocolate, but it could have been gingerbread. They were pretty cool either way, and of the little train was moving along the tracks.

_DSC0160.jpg

_DSC0162.jpg

_DSC0163.jpg

We were eating at Sunshine Seasons.

_DSC0180.jpg

This has been my favorite lunch thing there but if i go again i’m going to try something different.

_DSC0170.jpg

Danny had this sandwich.

_DSC0173.jpg

Hannah had a strawberry shortcake. She loves these.

_DSC0179.jpg

I am obsessed with the ceiling at The Land. Someday i will take a picture of it that i love, until then i keep trying

_DSC0174.jpg

_DSC0176.jpg

_DSC0181.jpg

_DSC0183.jpg

While we were eating, two nice ladies gave us their fps for the land.

_DSC0177.jpg

We used our FP for Soarin.

_DSC0182.jpg

And then the pixie dust passes for me and Danny to ride the Land (Hannah is not a fan).

This was a big day, with lots of tricky timing. But Hannah and I thought we had it down. We weren’t going to have a big cushion, but we thought we’d be fine.

Our big mistake was stopping at the special Visa photo thing. First of all that line, which had always been quick in the past, took forever. And then the line to pick up the print was seriously insane and everyone in it had an issue that took some time to fix. We should have just bailed - but no I guess not because it all worked out in the end, but cutting it close made me kind of a stressed out mess for a while.

Here’s the picture.

wdw201334127287457_6911841216.jpg

Mickey was really sweet at the M&G, but when we left Hannah said “That Mickey was a girl. I could feel her bra.” She obviously doesn’t buy in to character integrity!

After that of course everything was running slow. The lines for and trip on the Monorail seemed to take forever and I had no idea how long it would take to check in -- and oh there’s this part.

My brother wanted to do something special in the room to surprise Adriane, so I decorated up a little Christmas tree and shipped it to the resort. So before I met up with Meg, and before we checked in for our reservations that night at ‘Ohana, I had to do the check in process, get the tree and go set it up.

Anyway, the main points are I was freaking out about timing and Hannah did a great job of calming me down.

Check in went pretty well. Even though they had already shipped me my Magic Band, they had a gray one waiting there for me. Ok. I confused them because for 2 days my reservations overlapped. I was checked in at Art of Animation, and I was checked in at Bay Lake Tower. Weird. The CM knew my new band would work to get me in to the room at BLT, but wasn’t sure it would work with my AoA room or my charging to the room. So he suggested I wear both bands, which I did for a couple days.

He could not find our package though! He looked in lots of places and made a few phone calls. Eventually he said perhaps it’s in the room and told me to go on up and let him know what I found/didn’t find. He said he’d keep working on it.

We headed up to the room and did not find the package. We checked out our room (nice! and with a theme park view) and then rushed back to the monorail to head around to the Poly.

I had never been inside the Poly before, so I wasn't sure where we were going to meet Meg and her mom, but it was really easy to find them. They looked just like they do in their pictures :). I was thrilled to meet them because Meg's trip reports are my favorite and her photographs are fantastic. The four of us talked for a while, and then my brother showed up!

After living in the same area as him our whole lives, he has just moved to Las Vegas about 6 weeks before this trip, so I was very happy to see him. I had to hug him twice! While we waited for our table, he and Adriane sat at the bar with Danny and we all kept talking. They are super nice and very funny people and I was so glad they took time out to meet up with me!

Here we are (to prove it happened).

_DSC0185.jpg

And here's a link to her report from that day!

Up next: Pictures from 'Ohana.

Ok so I had met with my disfriends and it was super fun. And then I went over to the bar to meet up with the rest of my family, including Brian and Adriane who I hadn’t seen for a while.

_DSC0222.jpg

My brother bough me the drink that comes with a backscratcher. It was strong. This is me after my first sip.

20131207_185854.jpg

I don’t think it took long to be seated, but we were having a great time talking so we wouldn’t have noticed. Here’s the view from our table.

_DSC0186.jpg

Now my awesome brother is a giant ham, so there are a lot of pictures of him here.
The bread.

_DSC0189.jpg

and the salad

_DSC0190.jpg

There were wings and potstickers

_DSC0192.jpg

and noodles and veggies.

_DSC0201.jpg

We all chowed down.

_DSC0196.jpg

_DSC0197.jpg

He ate the whole thing. All that shimp went on his plate.

_DSC0199.jpg

_DSC0212.jpg

Notice Adriane cheering Hannah on in the back.

_DSC0213.jpg

My brother’s plate

_DSC0205.jpg

This is someone’s chicken plate

_DSC0202.jpg

and someone’s beef plate.

_DSC0206.jpg

_DSC0208.jpg

I bet this is my plate because I think it looks delicious.

_DSC0209.jpg

This is definitely not my plate.

_DSC0211.jpg

Adriane and I had a Lemon Drop.

_DSC0214.jpg

While we were eating, Brian and I were discussing how it was Walt Disney’s birthday that very day, and how fun it was to be there together for it. Our waitress overheard parts of that conversation apparently because she came over with this, saying she overheard it was someone’s birthday and we should celebrate.

Thanks Walt!

_DSC0217.jpg

But this was the real dessert.

_DSC0220.jpg

_DSC0219.jpg

Man, that was delicious.

I thought overall 'Ohana was pretty good. I’m not a big animal flesh lover, and I don’t eat sea food so I am obviously not the target market for this place. The service was fine, but we were a big goofy table and probably hard to ignore. I had a great time, but I’m not at all sure if it was about the food or the company and the timing. I’d go back there, but probably only if I were on the dining plan. Actually now that they don’t serve chicken, I probably wouldn’t.

After our really long and really fun dinner, we headed out.

_DSC0223.jpg

_DSC0224.jpg

_DSC0226.jpg

Up next: What a way to say goodnight.

We hopped on a monorail from there and headed to my brother’s room at Bay Lake. Just in time to watch the fireworks.

_DSC0231.jpg

20131207_220254.jpg

20131207_220359.jpg

20131207_220419.jpg

_DSC0235.jpg

_DSC0236.jpg

_DSC0240.jpg

_DSC0242.jpg

_DSC0241.jpg

Yeah. Wishes from your room. Thanks to my brother, I've been lucky enough to stay at Bay Lake twice, and my memories of watching Wishes from our rooms are some of my favorite Disney memories. There's not a single thing wrong with it.

The next day would be our last full day together so we wanted to get up and out early. :-)guilty:) We left soon after wishes.

This is my pin trading haul for the day.

_DSC0245.jpg

And here are a couple extra Photopass pix Danny took when he was on his own.

Danny before he left Epcot:

wdw201334127327608_6911627310.jpg

Quick stop at the MK:

wdw201334127344944_6901477539.jpg

Up Next: AoA and World Showcase pictures

This is Sunday, December 8th. It’s the tenth day of my vacation, and the last full day for Danny and Hannah.

This was a really great day. The weather was perfect. Everyone was there. And I could relax knowing that I still had a lot of days left to enjoy the World. It was a fantastic feeling.

20131208_101534.jpg

{Please notice my multiple Magic Bands. One was for the AoA room and charging, one is the BLT band they had waiting for me that would definitely work on my BLT room, and the third is one that might not work at BLT but if it did, I would put the boring Gray one away.}

We had reservations at Crystal Palace for breakfast, but I was not feeling like breakfast that morning. I felt fine, but just not like stuffing myself at a Disney breakfast buffet. I decided to let D & H go without me and I just had a lovely Clif bar with a Diet Dr Pepper in our room.

I don’t know if it was the sun that day, or that relaxed feeling that allowed me to take more time with the camera, but I think I took some good pictures this day! :)

I definitely took a lot. 161 in this update, I think.

I started by taking Animation photos on my walk to the bus stop.

_DSC0249.jpg

_DSC0254.jpg

_DSC0255.jpg

_DSC0258.jpg

Oh, Eric!

_DSC0259.jpg

_DSC0261.jpg

The first time we stayed at AoA was just after it had opened, and the thing that seemed noticeably different this time was the way all the foliage had grown in and helped with the overall look. This little spot, for example, was really starting to look like the ocean floor. A year before it looked attractive, but not so well themed.

_DSC0263.jpg

And then the jungle.

_DSC0264.jpg

_DSC0266.jpg

Hakuna Matata.

_DSC0280.jpg

_DSC0292.jpg

I took a bus to Epcot and we all met up. I started taking pictures again in World Showcase.

_DSC0322.jpg

Hannah and I spent a while looking around in here. I have a pretty long list of places I feel a need to visit, and this tomb is one of them.

_DSC0354.jpg

_DSC0355.jpg

_DSC0357.jpg

_DSC0359.jpg

_DSC0365.jpg

_DSC0366.jpg

_DSC0384.jpg

_DSC0389.jpg

Up Next: World Showcase Is Gorgeous

I always wanted to check out this little train, but never found the time to - until this day! Adorable.

_DSC0394.jpg

_DSC0399.jpg

_DSC0400.jpg

_DSC0405.jpg

I love Italy, real or not.

_DSC0407.jpg

_DSC0410.jpg

_DSC0414.jpg

_DSC0415.jpg

I was really hoping to visit this place on this trip, but I never did.

_DSC0416.jpg

_DSC0419.jpg

_DSC0425.jpg

Look at all these photos. Epcot is really, really gorgeous.

_DSC0426.jpg

Hello Koi!

_DSC0427.jpg

_DSC0430.jpg

_DSC0431.jpg

_DSC0439.jpg

_DSC0444.jpg

_DSC0448.jpg

It really was a gorgeous day.

_DSC0452.jpg

_DSC0455.jpg

I not been to all the countries in the World Showcase, but I have been to some. The UK area in particular seems like a little toy version of the UK. It’s cute and it makes me want to go back.

_DSC0458.jpg

Up Next: More Epcot Fun

I am noticing these updates go a lot more quickly when I don't have any trip notes and therefore fewer stories to tell.

There was no line and no one around outside Christopher Robin’s bedroom, so I went in to meet Tigger! He was very impressed with my Tigger in a Tardis shirt, and asked his attendant to tell me that Tigger was going to be the next Doctor (they hadn’t yet announced who was going to play the 12th Doctor). He bounced around like only a Tigger can do.

4uptigger.jpg

He had me take his arm and he showed me all around the bedroom, pointing out certain things. I just chatted away as it it were a perfectly normal thing. We seriously had a blast.

wdw201334227659544_6900602326.jpg

Tigger even convinced Hannah to get a picture with him.

_DSC0473.jpg

The three of us.

wdw201334227659550_6911865504.jpg

Since we are Anglophiles, we spent some time in the dump shop.

_DSC0477.jpg

We had Test Track FP+s, so we headed back to Future World and rode Test Track.

wdw201334327784074_6909345574.jpg

Danny and Hannah both really like that ride. I'm pretty ‘meh about it.

We had a little time before our Soarin’ passes. We wandered around a bit in Innoventions. Hannah was tired and used the time to sneak in a nap.

_DSC0478.jpg

We headed to the Land. There was absolutely no wait for Living with the Land, so we loaded into a boat.

I love this painting because it reminds me of Thomas Hart Benton , who is from Kansas, just like me.

_DSC0480.jpg

My photos are fun because my shutter was open too long. They reflect the trippy Willy Wonka feel of the ride.

_DSC0481.jpg

This part always reminds me of “home”. I’ve only lived in cities, but I’ve seen plenty of houses like this. I like them.

_DSC0481.jpg

_DSC0491.jpg

_DSC0492.jpg

_DSC0498.jpg

_DSC0503.jpg

_DSC0505.jpg

There’s no earthly way of knowing, which direction we are going… :rolleyes1

_DSC0512.jpg

Everybody’s favorite, the 9 pound lemon.

_DSC0522.jpg

_DSC0534.jpg

Here’s how empty it was.

_DSC0535.jpg

I still love these balloons.

_DSC0536.jpg

_DSC0538.jpg

_DSC0539.jpg

Up Next: Pick a Pearl

We headed out.

_DSC0540.jpg

_DSC0543.jpg

_DSC0544.jpg

We rode Spaceship Earth and then headed off to meet my brother and Adriane in Japan.

I wanted a picture of the fountain in action, but it would not put on a show for me. I got this.

_DSC0547.jpg

But first, we were going to pick a pearl! This was the third time we had tried to work this into a trip and we were excited we were finally going to do it.

We paid for our pearl and got in line.

_DSC0555.jpg

Those ladies on the left were from my December Disney Facebook group! We recognized each other from our Lime Green Santa Mickey heads. I am so sorry I do not remember their names at all, but Hi Ladies! It was fun running into them! (It even happened one more time on this trip)

_DSC0556.jpg

As we stood in line we carefully inspected the oysters, trying to choose the one we thought would have the best pearl.

Hannah went first.

_DSC0559.jpg

_DSC0563.jpg

_DSC0564.jpg

And here are mine.

_DSC0566.jpg

_DSC0567.jpg

And together, like eyes in a smiley face.

_DSC0568.jpg

Our pearls were about the same size and color.

20131208_185325.jpg

Up Next: Teppan Edo

We checked in at Teppan Edo and waited out on the steps chatting. Adriane gave me a sip of her Shanghai Sunrise and it was so delicious I wished I had one - but then they called us in for our table.

_DSC0570.jpg

My brother.

_DSC0571.jpg

Giving Hannah chopstick tips. (Somewhere there is a picture of me holding them with the rubber band and paper trick our chef taught us but I’ve since forgot.)

_DSC0575.jpg

_DSC0578.jpg

Our chef was perfect.

_DSC0581.jpg

So were these noodles!

_DSC0587.jpg

All those mushrooms!

_DSC0590.jpg

_DSC0593.jpg

_DSC0595.jpg

Delicious sauces, and a Disney Parks napkin!

_DSC0597.jpg

_DSC0600.jpg

So my brother used to be a big deal profession bike rider. He got paid to fly through the air on his bike doing flips and stuff. And Adriane used to be a ballerina. Somehow they ended up sharing this info with these two little kids who were super impressed and asked them questions all through dinner. It was sweet.

_DSC0601.jpg

_DSC0603.jpg

I almost didn’t get any dessert, but this cheesecake with the raspberry sauce was so incredible I’m so glad I did!

_DSC0606.jpg

I loved everything about that dinner. It was fun and delicious, plus I had great company. In retrospect I wish our overlapping time had been longer and we could have had more dinners together.

We decided to walk the long way out.
And I finally got some good Morocco pictures!

_DSC0612.jpg

_DSC0614.jpg

_DSC0617.jpg

_DSC0624.jpg

_DSC0632.jpg

_DSC0633.jpg

_DSC0634.jpg

_DSC0643.jpg

It’s a fez! Fezes are cool.

_DSC0636.jpg

My brother is crazy.

_DSC0645.jpg

We were almost out of the park when I realized we hadn’t taken a single group photo, and D & H were flying home in the morning! Luckily there’s a Photopass station right at the gate.

Here’s the picture I love, of us all together in the glow of Spaceship Earth.

wdw201334327777988_6909344440.jpg

Up Next: Goodbye Family

And here we start Monday, 12/9. The eleventh day of my trip.

Danny and Hannah were going home this day, which was very, very sad. Especially for them. But Danny had to work and Hannah had finals to take, so we got up and packed all our stuff. D and H’s stuff headed to the airline desk with us so they could check in.

_DSC0646.jpg

I had nothing to do, after we packed up all our stuff, I had them take mine over to Bay Lake Tower.

_DSC0647.jpg

We went to the Landscape of Flavors for our last Disney breakfast together. Hannah and Danny both had the big breakfast.

20131209_104203.jpg

I went with the healthy alternative: a chocolate pastry.

20131209_104219.jpg

Hannah and I were sad we hadn’t gotten into the pool once our entire trip, so we had kept our swim stuff with us and got in the pool a little before they had to get on the Tragical Express. It was silly and fun and I’m glad we did it. Danny decided to sit on the edge and read.

But then it was time for them to leave. H and I changed in the changing room and headed to the stop.

20131209_105942.jpg

I was so, so sad to see them leave. Especially Hannah. I wished she could have stayed with me.

20131209_112234.jpg

So I was sad and wandered around Jambo House for a while, but then I shook it off because I was still at Disney. I headed over to Bay Lake Tower to eat some lunch and then leave my bags in my new room. I stopped by the Contempo Cafe for some lunch.

I had the Hot Smoked Turkey sandwich.

_DSC0650.jpg

It was Turkey with brie, green apple, apple butter and honey mustard. Very, very yummy although I confess I picked a lot of the apple off.

I was on the meal plan for the part of the trip I was staying with my brother, so I got a dessert. I chose this muffin but I don’t even remember what it was called. It was chocolate on chocolate. I was so full from the sandwich and fries though, I didn’t eat it. I did however take it back to the room where I saved it and ate it a few days later.

_DSC0651.jpg

After I dropped my stuff off in our room, I headed out for a short walk to the Magic Kingdom (the very best part about staying at BLT).

Here’s the thing about when I was alone in the parks - I took so many more pictures. and I took better photos because I wasn’t rushing. I could stop when I wanted and not ever worry about holding people up. It was fantastic, and my favorite thing about being there alone.

I got there just in time for Dream Along with Mickey. I love that show!

Join the party, the castle party!

_DSC0656.jpg

_DSC0661.jpg

_DSC0663.jpg

_DSC0666.jpg

_DSC0672.jpg

_DSC0674.jpg

_DSC0678.jpg

The sky was gorgeous that day.

_DSC0679.jpg

_DSC0680.jpg

_DSC0682.jpg

_DSC0683.jpg

_DSC0688.jpg

I have never been inside Sir Mickey’s, but I love the outside of it.

_DSC0689.jpg

_DSC0690.jpg

_DSC0691.jpg

I had FastPass+s to meet the Princesses, so that’s where I headed.

Up Next : Those Princesses Though!

Wow, you did get a lot of updates done in a short time. :)

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures as usual. Looks like you were having some really beautiful days with nice blue sky's.

I have never ridden that ride in the Land or eaten at Sunshine Seasons. We always go in, ride Soarin, and leave. One of these days I am going to stop and try that delicious shortcake everyone writes about and maybe even go on that ride. :)

Love your interaction with Tigger - sounds like so much fun. :goodvibes

Your brother looks like alot of fun. Lots of pictures that made me LOL. :lmao:

Love the shot of all of you in Epcot. Great picture to remember that night with your family.

So sad that you had to say good bye to H and Danny. I love that you called it the tragical express. I am totally using that from now on cause that is so exactly what it feels like - Magical on the way in and Tragical on the way out.

Bay Lake Towers looks amazing. I would love to stay there and watch Wishes from my room. Maybe one day when I win that lottery. :)

So looking forward to more pictures from your new location and many more magical moments. :)

Wow, you did get a lot of updates done in a short time. :)

I did! I did a whole day of reports in one day. But I haven't been so great since... One of my September goals is to finish things thing. We'll see.

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures as usual. Looks like you were having some really beautiful days with nice blue sky's.

That sky was amazing!

Love your interaction with Tigger - sounds like so much fun. :goodvibes

Your brother looks like alot of fun. Lots of pictures that made me LOL. :lmao:

Love the shot of all of you in Epcot. Great picture to remember that night with your family.

You know I live for fun character interactions, and Tigger is always fun. But that time was The Best!
My brother is a little crazy (it runs in the family) and one thing I love about him is he's always up for fun photos!
It was a wonderful photo of all of us! I wish we would have thought to get more, but we were too busy having fun!

So sad that you had to say good bye to H and Danny. I love that you called it the tragical express. I am totally using that from now on cause that is so exactly what it feels like - Magical on the way in and Tragical on the way out.

That was definitely the worst part of the trip. :( Sometimes I call it the Tragical Depress. It's sad.

Bay Lake Towers looks amazing. I would love to stay there and watch Wishes from my room. Maybe one day when I win that lottery. :)

So looking forward to more pictures from your new location and many more magical moments. :)

I could never stay at BLT if it weren't for my brother so I am always grateful. It is incredible, no doubt.
I'm planning to do some more updates today, including a personal life update which I usually avoid. But first I have errands and an appointment... Why does real life demand so much attention? :)

Thanks again for your sweet comments -- and comments at all. I love them :)

This visit with the Princesses was the best. Definitely the best time I’ve ever had with a Princess, and way up there for a meet with anyone. There was really no line, and no one else in the room with us, so they were chatty. And they were fun.

cindycollage.jpg

wdw201334327946387_6911568846.jpg

aurora.jpg

wdw201334327931459_6911576249.jpg

I had on my Cinderella and the Tardis Tshirt and of course Cindy and I talked about it. With no one else in the room, Aurora started paying attention and Cindy started talking to her. We all ended up in the middle of the room and had a serious and involved conversation about The Doctor, the Tardis and whether they should go with him if they got a chance.

It was one of the best times I’ve ever had at Disney World and when I got done I felt like I was the Queen of the World.

I made a movie on my phone right after meeting them so I could record and remember all the incredible details. I am a huge dork in it, and so close because it was noisy and I wanted to get the words more than anything else. But if you’re interested, you can watch it here.

I was on Cloud 9 as I took off through the rest of the park. As always, I was in love with Rapunzel’s special area.

_DSC0693.jpg

_DSC0694.jpg

The skies were really so gorgeous day I couldn’t resist taking a lot of pictures of it.

_DSC0697.jpg

_DSC0698.jpg

This is what the Mine Train looked like on this visit. I was excited because of how close to finished it was. Now it’s been open for months!

_DSC0702.jpg

I hadn’t ever seen any of these guys around the park before and really kind of wanted to stop and watch - but I didn’t.

_DSC0704.jpg

_DSC0705.jpg

_DSC0706.jpg

Up Next : Be Our Guest and New Fantasyland

Time for a little real life personal update.
I applied for the Disney College Program!
How crazy is that?
I applied the very first day. I had planned to wait, but I couldn't stand it and applied the evening of the first day. I had the next interview step the next day, and then final phone interview step 4 days later. Disney says they will make the majority of their decisions by mid to late October, so now it's just a long waiting game.

I posted this about it in my regular blog this morning, and thought I'd share it here as well...

Many of you remember when I was all excited about a phone interview I had. A couple weeks ago I posted on FB that I was about to have … well here it is.

6a0120a5f37029970c01b8d068bd11970c-pi

At that time I had decided I wasn’t going to say what the interview was for until I found out the results. But I kept wanting to, which led to my wondering why I had decided not to tell in the first place. What was the big deal, anyway? Why would I keep it secret?

I couldn't think of any reason except that I would be ashamed if I ended up not getting the job. I would be embarrassed if I didn’t get this thing I have allowed myself to want so badly. I didn’t want to admit I wanted something and it didn't happen.

Except that is the opposite of how I want to live my life! I don’t want to be ashamed I wanted something and it didn’t happen. Or that I tried and failed. Because what is failing, anyway? It’s not this big terrible thing that means you’re a loser. It really means you are brave and adventurous for stepping out.

Think about anyone you can imagine who was successful or brilliant. They all tried lots of things and failed. I like to think of Walt Disney as an example. He failed a lot. He was fired one time because his boss thought he lacked imagination and didn’t have any good ideas. His business in Kansas City went bankrupt. And even after he moved to California and found success, he had more than a few set backs. Everybody who tries fails sometimes. Like Homer Simpson says, “Trying is the first step towards failure.” Except that failure isn’t really that bad.

I do not want to be the kind of girl who never tries anything because I’m afraid I might fail. To be honest, that is the kind of life I’ve been living for a long time and it is boring. I want to be a girl who tries all kinds of crazy things. I want to be the kind of girl who chases it.

That’s my new theme for life. That’s what I’d tell little girl me if I had a Tardis. That’s what I’m going to encourage to anyone who asks.

Chase it.

Here’s what I’m chasing next.

My interview was with Disney.

See how clever I was to use the example I did?

Each semester they offer paid internships at Disneyland and Disney World in a number of different jobs they call “roles. You live in their apartments, learn about the company, network and of course work really hard.

One of the roles offered is as a photographer, and some time around the end of last year I started thinking I might really like to do this thing. And all the details of that are something I promise I will tell you later, but for this post, I just wanted to admit I’m trying to do something and I might fail. Only about 25% of the people who have made it as far as I have actually get accepted. But I do not even care because I am chasing it. Which is what I intend to do from now until forever.

And I think you should too.

Of course I'll keep you updated.

And then I was at Be Our Guest. I told the gatekeeper CM (the one that doesn’t let you across the bridge unless you have an ADR) that I did have an ADR, but not until that night when it would be too dark to get any pictures and could I please just walk down and take some photos?

And he said yes! Because the Beast and Belle are such nice bosses.

_DSC0707.jpg

_DSC0709.jpg

_DSC0712.jpg

_DSC0713.jpg

_DSC0715.jpg

_DSC0718.jpg

_DSC0719.jpg

_DSC0720.jpg

_DSC0721.jpg

_DSC0722.jpg

_DSC0724.jpg

A closer look at work on the Mine Train.

_DSC0725.jpg

I really love the Beast’s castle.

_DSC0727.jpg

I don’t love Gaston, but his fountain is kinda nice. My brother was mad when they changed it away from being beer barrels.

_DSC0731.jpg

So it was a little hot and I was a little tired so after I finished using the ladie’s room in this little village, I decided to sit down off to the side and call home to see what was up.

This was my view.

_DSC0733.jpg

_DSC0734.jpg

The details!

_DSC0736.jpg

So I’m sitting there in the shady part, checking in on the home front and all of the sudden there is Gaston!

_DSC0737.jpg

Up Next : Two Meets in One!

What? Yeah. Hey Gaston!

Of course I got off the phone and got in line!

wdw201334327955357_6900602337.jpg

This Gaston was nothing like the first time I met Gaston, but I imagine nothing will compare with that experience! (Want to read about that? click here)

Still, Gaston is a goof (at least the park version is).

wdw201334327955355_6900602344.jpg

And then when I was walking away I heard someone shout my name. Double what!? I don’t often have people shouting out my name at Disney World, but it was a disboard/facebook friend, Carrie Anne. How fun was that!! I was so happy we ran into each other!

20131209_154059.jpg

I know I said I love the Beast’s castle, and I do, but I often think Eric’s is my favorite.

_DSC0741.jpg

_DSC0001.jpg

Oh look! It’s my shadow!

_DSC0004.jpg

Wait, one more of the castle:

_DSC0005.jpg

_DSC0011.jpg

Across from Ariel’s grotto, there’s a new snack/dvc spot. You can see part of the mine train above it.

_DSC0006.jpg

Even though there’s not much there, it looks really cool.

_DSC0007.jpg

This is what I was after.

_DSC0008.jpg

_DSC0016.jpg

_DSC0020.jpg

_DSC0019.jpg

It was time for me to head for the wildest ride in the wilderness (with plenty of photo stops along the way). WooHoo!

_DSC0021.jpg

_DSC0023.jpg

That’s a lot of spires.

_DSC0026.jpg

_DSC0027.jpg

It felt crowded.

_DSC0028.jpg

_DSC0030.jpg

Up Next : Frontierland

I love the Liberty Belle, and it was passing by at the same time I was - so of course I took too many pictures.

_DSC0032.jpg

_DSC0036.jpg

_DSC0037.jpg

_DSC0039.jpg

_DSC0040.jpg

This bird was not shy of me At All. He has seen it all.

_DSC0043.jpg

_DSC0044.jpg

I arrived at my destination, my favorite ride.

_DSC0045.jpg

_DSC0047.jpg

_DSC0048.jpg

I guess I finished my water, and for some reason I thought it was worthy of documenting. And now think it's important to share it here.

_DSC0049.jpg

_DSC0050.jpg

_DSC0055.jpg

_DSC0059.jpg

_DSC0063.jpg

I stopped along the way out to look at the Mansion and the Tower and the bridge. Very different worlds.

_DSC0065.jpg

_DSC0067.jpg

_DSC0072.jpg

_DSC0075.jpg

As I was walking past on my way out, I caught the sun setting behind the mine train.

_DSC0082.jpg

Up Next: Magic in the Magic Kingdom

There was no one in this chair in Frontierland, and I thought it looked like a perfect spot to sit and take it all in.
20131209_164115.jpg

I had missed a call from my brother, so I called him back and we talked about our plans for a little bit. We were chatting but then I saw some stuff going on and said a quick goodbye.

Somehow I had no idea they did a flash mob dance party in the middle of Frontierland during the day! But I could tell something was going on so I left the chair and wondered over. By the time a big furry bear had wandered up behind me and put his hands over my eyes (like “Guess who!") I knew something fun was happening! I stood back to watch - and take pictures.

_DSC0085.jpg

_DSC0090.jpg

_DSC0092.jpg

_DSC0094.jpg

_DSC0096.jpg

_DSC0103.jpg

_DSC0110.jpg

After that finished up, I took a shortcut to check out the castle.

_DSC0116.jpg

_DSC0117.jpg

_DSC0120.jpg

_DSC0122.jpg

Sleepy Hollow, home to one of my favorite Disney treats.

_DSC0119.jpg

_DSC0123.jpg

This is one of my favorite selfies!

20131209_165903.jpg

_DSC0125.jpg

I always like to take pictures of these statues around the hub.

_DSC0128.jpg

_DSC0129.jpg

_DSC0135.jpg

Up Next : Mostly Castle Spam

I had an idea once to sit in front of the castle at sunset and take a picture every 15 minutes. Just to see what it was like and how it changed. It was sunset and I didn’t have any plans, so I parked myself on the bench around the Partner’s statue, facing the castle.

You can really see the way the color of the castle changes color.

_DSC0131.jpg

_DSC0133.jpg

_DSC0139.jpg

I ended up sitting by and chatting with a lot of people while I was there. And taking photos for a few families.

_DSC0141.jpg

_DSC0143.jpg

i noticed people were starting to show up for Dream Along with Mickey. i didn’t think about that when I made my plans.

_DSC0145.jpg

_DSC0146.jpg

_DSC0148.jpg

_DSC0151.jpg

_DSC0154.jpg

Before the show started, my brother called. Since it was getting really crowded I decided to head over to meet them at the Jungle Cruise.

_DSC0156.jpg

_DSC0158.jpg

_DSC0159.jpg

_DSC0161.jpg

_DSC0162.jpg

_DSC0163.jpg

_DSC0164.jpg

_DSC0165.jpg

_DSC0166.jpg

Brian and Adriane had a FP+, but I did not. The standby line was 40some minutes, so I just took pictures while I waited.

When they were done, I joined up and headed over to our dinner

_DSC0169.jpg

At Be Our Guest!

Up Next : I love being your guest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter